mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:14 am

Post by mnemonicdevice »

In post 111, Broken Aquarium wrote:^ most townies react like... "why didn't you call out L-1 with your vote???" here, it seems like he's not that concerned.
um... most
newb townies.
I didn't point it out because it had been mentioned before.
As for what is interesting, projectmatt seems less scummy then Skelda, but I am not sure enough to vote yet. Hence the unvote
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:19 am

Post by mnemonicdevice »

In post 120, smargaret wrote:These posts:

In post 59, mnemonicdevice wrote:
Nice. So 3 votes on me for no reason. and 4 votes on peacebringer. Also because of his playstyle.

I also like how Skelda just randomly jumps on the peacebringer wagon. RVS much?

In post 80, mnemonicdevice wrote:
Interesting. Someone is already at L-1.

are problematic. Note that, for the first one, mnemonic's vote was still on project matt - which he essentially admitted was a RVS vote - yet he's expressing suspicion of Skelda. Why leave an RVS vote in place when there is actual content, about which you are expressing an opinion, to base votes on?
My vote on projectmatt stayed as a pressure vote, while there wasn't anyone I thought to be more scummy. Once I realized that there were more scummy people than him, I unvoted.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:21 am

Post by mnemonicdevice »

In post 124, Garmr wrote:I can answer mnemonicdevice post 106 when he says interesting and unvotes since i think the conversation was between me and him.
I think it's a response to me to saying that matt was being sarcastic saying he was scum by saying yes in post 25 to Mnemonic post 20. Mnemonic was under the impression in post 93 that matt said yes to being town in a one word answer. Through that is a pretty bad reason for a serious vote in the first place.......
The reason i think it was a serious vote was he also called out skelda in post 59 and didn't change his vote. Also post 93 gives me the impression he is still clinging onto that reason. Also like someone said before seemed to lack caring for someone being Lynch one this early in the game.
Nope, not why I said it. Read two posts above.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:23 am

Post by mnemonicdevice »

In post 119, Broken Aquarium wrote:In post 116, Skelda wrote:
And "interesting" is likely just a playstyle thing.

not necessarily
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=29969
look at ISO
Yes I like to be vague in all of my games D1. I didn't say interesting once that game.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:20 am

Post by Garmr »

I still don't see how you thought project matt was more scummy than other players for such a long time. Also the fact you didn't vote another player after your unvote if you thought there were better scum suspects.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:07 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 97, Hermy wrote:I've got plenty of examples of Skelda play, if anyone wants it.

Most of them are off quicker paced games (on a different forum) (weekend-long) though. Don't know whether that makes a difference.
so what do you think of his play?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:10 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

after catching up,
unvote
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:15 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

vote broken aquarium...
just because
Broken Aquarium
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Broken Aquarium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:28 am

Post by Broken Aquarium »

You just don't like me :(.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:57 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 133, Broken Aquarium wrote:You just don't like me :(.
like or dislike has nothing to do with it...
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:03 am

Post by Garmr »

omg are we finally going to see peace in action. Is he going to provide a theroy. I'm getting excited :D
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:37 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 135, Garmr wrote:omg are we finally going to see peace in action. Is he going to provide a theroy. I'm getting excited :D
no, no theory...dream on... but I am doing what I do...
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:42 am

Post by Garmr »

A man can dream peace a man can dream :(
Hermy
Hermy
Goon
Hermy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:14 am

Post by Hermy »

Sorry for the late reply. I'm somewhat busy in RL at the moment.

Anyway... (NB: Some of these are flavour games, they all work like Mafia)

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/708077.page
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/674030.page
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/706239.page
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/710076.page
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/709394.page
(the last one was horribly rigged and badly done though)

Hopefully these'll be of some use.
HönigBear
HönigBear
Townie
HönigBear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:01 am

Post by HönigBear »

In post 120, smargaret wrote:
In post 33, HönigBear wrote:
It disturbs me that you would make a serious vote that early on in the game let alone in the RVS
, particulalry while not explaining why a vote that leaves a player on L-5 is scummy and then have to explain your actions so thoroughly.
Also I don't like your vote on JKLM.
Mnemonic answer mah question plzzzzz.
1)
I see the bolded as wanting to stay in RVS. What is wrong with serious votes early?

2) Honig, you're going to fos (or whatever) someone you see as null?
And you don't see the scumminess in this post:
In post 56, HönigBear wrote:I don't know the statistics on flips on people who choose to play like dicks like Peace here but regardless I'd like to go for the slightly more subtler scummy players and mozamis is currently leading in that category IMO.
Still if peace is the consensus lynch of the day I have no problem hammering him/voting him if other wagons clearly won't work and if he continues to play like posts 51 and 52.
Skelda out of interest, did that argument work when you were scum i.e. was it effective? Also what breed of goat is that?
3a) I mean, there is a point to lynching VIs/trolls/lurkers/people who aren't actually going to play the game on day 1, but the whole I'll vote him but not really thing - 3b) take a stance, call him out on not actually playing - 3c) the wording here just screams scum at me, especially considering how early it is on day 1 (and nothing in that post suggests that you're looking ahead to the end of the day). You don't know what is going to come up during the course of the day, so given how remarkably little information there is, it just seems like any plans are going to have to change, so why make them now instead of seeing what happens?

4)Really, though, Honig, you're awfully upset about one person in a 13 player game finding two early posts scummy - why are you so defensive, so concerned about my suspicion of you? I want out of RVS early, so I poke at people - and you just completely melted down, which is really interesting considering how little pressure you were under, and that in and of itself is scummier than anything else that I voted you for.

I pointed out BA's fluffposting because I saw it, and I wanted other people to be aware of it. What's wrong with that?

These posts:
In post 59, mnemonicdevice wrote:Nice. So 3 votes on me for no reason. and 4 votes on peacebringer. Also because of his playstyle.

I also like how Skelda just randomly jumps on the peacebringer wagon. RVS much?
In post 80, mnemonicdevice wrote:Interesting. Someone is already at L-1.
are problematic. Note that, for the first one, mnemonic's vote was still on project matt - which he essentially admitted was a RVS vote - yet he's expressing suspicion of Skelda. Why leave an RVS vote in place when there is actual content, about which you are expressing an opinion, to base votes on?
In post 81, projectmatt wrote:
In post 69, Garmr wrote: @Project Matt I'm going to call you out through and ask why did you Vote Mozamis with out listing any reasons. I would actually like to hear some insight on how the game is going.
I'm not one that finds it necessary to supply large amounts of content at the beginning of the game as most of it is guesswork. This is why my first few posts have just been observations. I'll provide actual analysis soon since we're moving out of that stage.

Specifically, I very much disliked his attack on PeaceBringer and his attacks looked not like excited town but opportunistic scum.

Unvote

There is absolutely no way that a lynch is going through or a claim is being made yet.
Matt, if nobody supplies content at the beginning of the game, then where does the content come from?

I'm actually not seeing the mozamis suspicion. I see a failed joke and some vote hopping, but I really don't think that's a reliable tell this close to the beginning of the game, where we're just starting to see things coming out.

Can we drop the meta-that-may-not-be-discussed? Meta generally sucks, flirting with the edge of discussing ongoing games also sucks, doing so in an attempt to avoid saying anything for real keeps games from going anywhere.

You and I clearly have very different points of view.

1)
The issue is not so much that the vote was "serious" but because it was described as being such with the reason for which it was placed being: "you formed the first bandwagon". That's like me saying my first RVS vote was serious.

2)
Yes I am going to FoS him and I am going to keep FoS'ing him. Just in case my interpretation of the term is different it means I'm going to be keeping an eye on him, his votes and people who vote for him as well continuously to see if patterns change. Why are you implying that FoS'ing someone who you think is null (yet is displaying anti-town behaviour) is bad? I am really going to lol if you start telling me that anti-town = scum.

3a)
I would love to debate the first line of that paragraph even though I agree it is somewhat open to interpretation but in peacebringer's case I firmly believe it is not because a number of people have said this is how he normally plays which, while it is anti-town, it definitely does not equate to being scummy especially if he has played like this as town and as scum.

3b)
Sorry I am not and refuse to be captain obvious, does it mean I am scum for noting yet refusing to shout out what 3 people before me did?

3c)
I'm pretty sure I explicitly said that those were my plans FOR NOW and that if peace's playstyle changes to becoming more analytical I will change my stance but because I'm too lazy/busy I'm not going to bother to verify that claim. On the off chance that I didn't explicitly say that, I am saying it now.

4)
I am concerned because I feel it is an unjustified suspicion. And once again, points of view issue: you see meltdown, I see attempt at thorough defense against flawed suspicions bordering on clear misrepresentation. Pressure has nothing to do with it it's the wrongful attack that's the problem and I don't see why you're implying that only people under pressure should bother defending themselves.
Moz got to a very low L number (did he actually reach L-1?) but he didn't even blink. I feel like it deserves your comment.

And finally what your last paragraph directed towards me is saying is that right now I am, according to you, the scummiest player here because I have chosen to defend myself. Could just be a point of view thing again though cos funnily enough moz is still the scummiest person to me here because he refused to defend himself at all and/or provided terrible defenses.
Also I feel it's scummy that he's the
second
(lol @ townwagon) person to spend a whole post just calling me town but not saying why especise more especially after how much I have and continue to focus on him.

Gotta admit I haven't had much time to look at the recent exchanges I've only just skimmed through them and this has been a busy weekend for me so I'll analyse them Tuesday/Wednesday when I have more time.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:24 am

Post by mozamis »

Ok, so I'm gonna try and play Capatain Obvious in this game. So often I talk myself out of my intial hunches and overcomplicate things.
So:
Obvious town: JKLM, Honig, Garmr.
Looks To Be Scum Hunting/Prob Town: Broken Aq, Margaret.
Probably Town Cos He is Sticking Out Like A Sore Thumb: Peace.
Lurking/Little contribution/ possible scum: AlienBro, Project Matt, Shane.
Vague/Fence Sitty Contributions therefore pos scum: Mnemonic
Scum: Skelda.

In short, barring something really weird, I refuse to vote for jklm,honig or garmr.
Most up for voting Skelda, Mnemonic, Project Matt, Shane in that order.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:29 am

Post by mnemonicdevice »

So I am scum because I am vague. Go read some of my meta. I am
always
vague day 1. Thanks for your contributions though :P
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:41 am

Post by Skelda »

Mozamis, why is Alien in the same category as Matt and Shane, yet he isn't on your lynch list?

I think I'm going to give VOTE: Shane a go. His vote for me seems a bit too convenient for him.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:43 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 120, smargaret wrote:
In post 81, projectmatt wrote:
In post 69, Garmr wrote: @Project Matt I'm going to call you out through and ask why did you Vote Mozamis with out listing any reasons. I would actually like to hear some insight on how the game is going.
I'm not one that finds it necessary to supply large amounts of content at the beginning of the game as most of it is guesswork. This is why my first few posts have just been observations. I'll provide actual analysis soon since we're moving out of that stage.

Specifically, I very much disliked his attack on PeaceBringer and his attacks looked not like excited town but opportunistic scum.

Unvote

There is absolutely no way that a lynch is going through or a claim is being made yet.
Matt, if nobody supplies content at the beginning of the game, then where does the content come from?

I'm actually not seeing the mozamis suspicion. I see a failed joke and some vote hopping, but I really don't think that's a reliable tell this close to the beginning of the game, where we're just starting to see things coming out.

Can we drop the meta-that-may-not-be-discussed? Meta generally sucks, flirting with the edge of discussing ongoing games also sucks, doing so in an attempt to avoid saying anything for real keeps games from going anywhere.
Not that nobody supplies content at the beginning of the game, but that I don't personally feel like it is anything but guesswork until later. I did not like his vote hopping as it looked like opportunistic scum at my first impression, however I'm no longer of that opinion. I'm exhausted but tomorrow I'll be able to think more straight.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:46 am

Post by Garmr »

@Skelda Shanes vla your vote on him won't add any pressure and he won't be able to respond back.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:59 am

Post by Skelda »

In post 144, Garmr wrote:@Skelda Shanes vla your vote on him won't add any pressure and he won't be able to respond back.
I didn't know this. UNVOTE:
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:10 am

Post by Garmr »

Actually scratch that he should be back tomorrow or today depending on the time zone.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:15 am

Post by Skelda »

In post 146, Garmr wrote:Actually scratch that he should be back tomorrow or today depending on the time zone.
Sheez. VOTE: Shane
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:00 pm

Post by Garmr »

(Off topic) hey skelda if dogs go woof and goats go bleat

WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:45 pm

Post by JKLM »

You realize that since you've admitted the fact that you admitted your vote was pointless he won't really feel pressure from your vote?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”