Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:16 pm

Post by Antihero »

oh look, they brought back the aptil wagon...

i gotta go see what he did now.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:07 pm

Post by don_johnson »

aptil hasn't done anything. I think that is the main thrust of the wagon. personally, my vote landed there due to one particular post. 1024. it was a very strange post and vote onto the jmo wagon. just seemed like by then there could be so much more to think about or talk about. aptil is not my first choice. i'm willing to move to the phil wagon, but we're neck and neck right now. its kind of exciting. looks like we got a day or so extension.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:19 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

the only thing i don't want to vote against boro for is that boro seems to like me (or at least had that period where he "jived" with me during my initial skull read) so i feel like he's my friend <3

voting aptil is a lurker shot where you have no information to work off of, you basically just go for a 50/50 shot in the dark.

So tempting.
"Also the town owes uctriton an apology for throwing him under the bus." - RXK
"I hate whoever shot triton." - Bumi
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:31 pm

Post by don_johnson »

the aptil lynch would not be devoid of info. interactions sure, they would be light due to the lurker status, but the fact that he's neck and neck with phil would give us a lot of vote explanations to sift through on both wagons. please note that phil is voting aptil as well. so an aptil scum flip doesn't mean that phil is town. phil will still have to show up tomorrow and convince us of such. and that works both ways. but whatevz. the only odd thing I notice about 786 is how phil seems like his vote should be going to skelda, but it lands on jmo. other than that I'm not picking up too much from it. i'm not sure about the sven thing titus mentioned.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:44 pm

Post by Titus »

@DJ, not sure as in you don't agree or not sure as you don't understand?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Evil Regals
Evil Regals
Goon
Evil Regals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:59 pm

Post by Evil Regals »

OKAY HERE'S THE DEAL.

I promise I'll read up when we hit into night because I
have
to make a decision one way or another. (Do not press this
unless
you know what's bad for you)

I
can
see BoroPhil being scum based on the wagon, but I need to go recheck something.

I'm also very content with
sheeping
Mastin and RainbowDash. The latter is a stronger town read of mine.

VOTE: BoroPhil
Have
you
ever considered that, perhaps, maybe,
I am
good?
I was always the Queen, it was
you
who added "Evil" to my name.

Alter Ego: Malakittens
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:31 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1016, Svenskt Stål wrote:Brian, what in the world are you trying to accomplish?
I don't like the wagon. It was a mistake for me to be on it in the first place. I sheeped Maenara because I trusted her judgement, but it goes against my wincon to try to lynch somebody I think could be town.

I'm not interested in voting somebody just for the sake of lynching somebody. I realized there are two scum factions (mafia, SK) and there is only one protective role. No matter what happens tonight, we're guaranteed a flip. So if I'm not convinced somebody is scum, I'm not going to try to lynch it.
In post 1018, Loranthaceae wrote:He's been wide awake ever since I called Rach town. Maybe they're scumbuddies and he wanted to squeeze me into elaborating on that "townread".
I post when I please. As for Rach, I wanted to know where your random ass townread came from.
In post 1028, Albert B. Rampage wrote:When reading, I was mostly suspicious of Aeronaut. Aptil or Wake are acceptable lynches. Why BP?
Why Aero (I'm suspicious of this slot because of the early wagoning, but it's on hold now that Mastin has replaced in)? Why are Aptil and Wake acceptable lynches?
In post 1029, Svenskt Stål wrote:I dont know, mae is at the helm, read her wall.
You don't know and yet you felt compelled to vote for him? I thought you disagreed with Mae. And why are you deflecting responsibility to Mae?
In post 1036, Wake1 wrote:I've seen no compelling reason why BP deserves a lynch, and
no likelihood of people taking responsibility if their wagon is wrong
The bolded part is probably the main reason why I left the wagon. Sheeping somebody else's judgment and avoiding responsibility for the wagon is incredibly anti-town and I don't even think anybody called me out on this yet (if somebody did, it's just whatever, I'm not rereading the thread right now just to see if somebody did this). I'm not convinced BP is scum yet, so I'm not okay with voting him.
In post 1055, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Obviously, there's still time. Wake is completely useless, so he should go first.
Useless and scum are two different things. I'm disappointed that you would even resort to this measure.
In post 1067, Albert B. Rampage wrote:He intends to be lynched at some point in the game to prevent a PR mislynch. If we run up somebody else, we run the chance of mislynching a PR, and there will be no time to change wagons. I say the time to lynch Wake is now. Not "at some point in the game". Now.
This is better reasoning and reasoning I can agree with. However, I would not join this crusade of yours because a no lynch is still an option on the table. Also, I'm liking Wake for town.
In post 1078, Albert B. Rampage wrote:If you're town, you would prefer voting someone to no one at all.
And voting someone you think could be town advances your wincon? What are you, scum? Town can compromise when they need to, but we're not in such a situation that people should be trying to lynch their townreads.
In post 1090, Titus wrote:Stal, you shouldn't be voting on someone you believe to be town. A compromise made as town should still be done on a nullread. That's a bad post from you. I don't like Wake but I'm really NOT liking you Stal. I also don't like the buddying. It's subtle trying to push me towards JMO scum when I'm really seeing something different there entirely. Because Stal has been so scummy, I'm almost inclined to ignore Wake for now given my town reads mostly think the SK slip was bunk (maybe Wake "slipped" on purpose).
Titus is solidly town for me right now. Also, you misread Wake's "scumslip" and you're wrong. I've already pointed it out to you.
In post 1121, Maenara wrote:Stål, Albert, Brian, and all other actives currently voting for some ridiculous tiny wagon, why are you not on one of the big ones?
I was not okay with that wagon. If I can't take responsibility for my actions, I can't be on the wagon. I reverted back to voting somebody I think is scum. Also, we're guaranteed a flip assuming both scum factions submit their kill. So, I'm not interested in joining big wagons unless I think the wagon is on scum. Aptil feels like lynchbait.
In post 1134, uctriton00 wrote:Wake, damn dude if your real life is that troublesome then you need to take a break from mafia or replace out. Airing out your personal stuff makes it uncomfortable and doesn't make anyone "feel better" at all.

I'm putting a mercy vote on Wake with an icing of OMGUS on it. Wake you need to take a rest from this game and Mafia in general right now.

Vote: Wake

I support the BoroPhil wagon because when I saw BoroPhil get killed off in another game of mine, I had literally no read on him, but then he got correctly scumkilled before so that shows how much I know about him.
If you need me to flip before deadline, I'll flip.
aptil is part of the lurker bloc and I'd support that too just because I do have a gut that lurker scum is a perfect position to be in, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of someone who's not doing anything in this game.
Same deal; I'll flip onto it if we need to.
Is the Uct wagon still up for consideration?
In post 1141, BoroPhil wrote:out of all the lurkers, I'd say Aptil is possibly the worst choice. I'd much rather have Jacob, Aero or maybe even Rach. but it's better than nothing.
What makes Jacob, Aero, or Rach better choices?
In post 1162, Rainbowdash wrote:ucti and ABR are so scum here.... they really need death more than anypony else. I actually didn't think elle slot could get worse but it did.

Vote BP

Amazingly the entire aptil wagon is null or worse reads, mostly worse
Why BP? I thought you were against this earlier. You seem to be a wagon behind and/or avoiding larger wagons this game.

I'm still liking you for town, but this feels off to me.
In post 1166, Rainbowdash wrote:Want to just lynch him?
I'd consider it. Granted ABR replaced in late, but ABR doesn't feel town to me this game. He's attacking lynchbait and easier wagons.
In post 1168, Skullduggery wrote:We can worry about him tomorrow. For reference, he and Sven were the original proponents of derailing the BoroPhil wagon (here). When/if BoroPhil flips Scum, I think ABR would be a fantastic place to look for potential Scum buddies first.
Any reason why we can't deal with them now? Deadline is approaching and activity has spiked (seriously, what is it with this site and deadlines?).
In post 1177, uctriton00 wrote:the only thing i don't want to vote against boro for is that boro seems to like me (or at least had that period where he "jived" with me during my initial skull read) so i feel like he's my friend <3

voting aptil is a lurker shot where you have no information to work off of, you basically just go for a 50/50 shot in the dark.

So tempting.
I feel like I'm being baited, but still...
BoroPhil
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:30 pm

Post by BoroPhil »

In post 1168, Skullduggery wrote:
In post 1013, BoroPhil wrote:Mae is accusing me of poor scumhunting because she thinks she is scum.
I'm guessing this isn't what you meant to say.

You've spent a lot of time lately disputing Skelda's vote on you, but why haven't you been engaging more with Maenara? She seems to want to lynch you more than anyone else on your wagon. If you wanted to diffuse this wagon on you, I imagine that that's where you would want to start.

In post 1013, BoroPhil wrote:I think mine has been good, but in reality that's moot. My point is I am actually doing some, as opposed to the majority of players in here.

Fact is we have a lot of people doing not a lot, and as is typical on day one one of the more active town players is on their way to getting lynched.
Do you think we should be going after lurkers as well? What's your take on the Aptil counter-wagon?
In post 1017, Loranthaceae wrote:I read this as active-, and Sven's most recent post as passive resistance for the BP wagon, which is good.
Are you saying that passive resistance is better than active resistance? If so, how?
In post 1152, Skelda wrote:Wait, what happened to the BP wagon? Why aptil? Because aptil is an easy vote, probably. If it comes between aptil and a No Lynch, I'll vote aptil, but the wagon just seeems out of nowhere, probably because BP is scum being spared.
I agree with this. Aptil seems like easy mislynch bait to me. His play thus far leans closer to clueless Town that is being misinterpreted as Scum-motivated. He isn't worth a no-lynch, though, so I will begrudgingly move my vote to him if I absolutely have to. I'd much, much rather get rid of BoroPhil or Wake, though.
In post 1162, Rainbowdash wrote:ucti and ABR are so scum here.... they really need death more than anypony else. I actually didn't think elle slot could get worse but it did.
In post 1163, Skelda wrote:I don't like ABR either.
We can worry about him tomorrow. For reference, he and Sven were the original proponents of derailing the BoroPhil wagon (here). When/if BoroPhil flips Scum, I think ABR would be a fantastic place to look for potential Scum buddies first.
I've been going after skelda because his case on me is a total fabrication, again I can't see why he is receiving zero attention. what do you think of him and his interaction with me a couple of pages back?

Mae, well tbqh I don't think she is a fan of my playstyle, she was heavily critical of it in a previous game (tbf, where she was utterly awful) and it seems to have continued here where she seems to give my scumhunting zero credit. though when you think about it, is that a reason to lynch someone? it would certainly make a good excuse for scum.

Everyone else on my wagon seems to be shrugging their shoulders and saying well he's probably town but we need to lynch someone. there are plenty of better candidates but if there isn't the will, fair enough.

going after lurkers is a bit of a shot in the dark like someone said, and I'd rather lynch someone off my list of 6 to varying degrees, but a lurker is better than nothing.

If I am lynched, Skelda has to be the lynch tomorrow.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:19 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

In post 1175, Antihero wrote:oh look, they brought back the aptil wagon...

i gotta go see what he did now.
Fuck you.

In post 1181, Brian Skies wrote:Any reason why we can't deal with them now? Deadline is approaching and activity has spiked (seriously, what is it with this site and deadlines?).
Despite elleheathen's painfully obvious Scum motivations and despite RainbowDash's marvelous point-by-point case against her, a disappointingly small number of people actually seemed interested in lynching her. We can revisit that slot tomorrow when we aren't all stressing about getting a lynch in before the deadline. Besides which, BoroPhil's flip could give us some valuable information about ABR in the process.
In post 1182, BoroPhil wrote:I've been going after skelda because his case on me is a total fabrication, again I can't see why he is receiving zero attention. what do you think of him and his interaction with me a couple of pages back?
I honestly don't see the Scum motivation that you claim he exhibited during that conversation.
In post 1182, BoroPhil wrote:Everyone else on my wagon seems to be shrugging their shoulders and saying well he's probably town but we need to lynch someone.
Who do you think is doing this? Name some names.
In post 1182, BoroPhil wrote:If I am lynched, Skelda has to be the lynch tomorrow.
If you flip Town, I'll take a closer look at Skelda tomorrow.
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:07 pm

Post by Loranthaceae »

In post 1183, Skullduggery wrote:If you flip Town, I'll take a closer look at Skelda tomorrow.
Why specifically if he flips town? Now that BP is getting more and more sure about his own lynch it would be natural for him to spit fire about his scumbuddy.
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:30 pm

Post by Svenskt Stål »

You think about it in the wrong direction
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:40 am

Post by Maenara »

We're back to Boro? Excellent.

Johnson, Stål, Rampage, get over here and we'll actually be able to get this thing over with.

VOTE: BoroPhil
Now she's in purple, now she's the turtle~

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:41 am

Post by Maenara »

Actually, with Evil's vote, we only need two of you. So yeah, hurry up.
Now she's in purple, now she's the turtle~

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:35 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

And voting someone you think could be town advances your wincon? What are you, scum? Town can compromise when they need to, but we're not in such a situation that people should be trying to lynch their townreads.
I'd vote for someone I thought was town rather than no lynch, because I know that it's a game with incomplete information and I can't be completely right. Also, nothing stops the town from lynching them later on. Might as well do it early in this case.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:37 am

Post by don_johnson »

In post 1179, Titus wrote:@DJ, not sure as in you don't agree or not sure as you don't understand?
I don't understand it.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:52 am

Post by Svenskt Stål »

VOTE: Boro
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:53 am

Post by Svenskt Stål »

I might have put boro at L1.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:00 am

Post by Wake1 »

Guess you need one more. I haven't been convinced BP is Scum, so my vote stays where it is.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:12 am

Post by don_johnson »

borophil: please claim. i'm a gonna hammer ya....
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
BoroPhil
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:17 am

Post by BoroPhil »

I'm VT. good luck. Follow Sven, Brian and possibly Titus. I think they are talking the most sense, particularly Sven.

Tomorrow, go for Skelda. and my remaning list of 6, though uct has probably fell off it now.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:27 am

Boro is town, and he's helpful. This isn't the right lynch, guys.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:29 am

For a day 1 lynch, under complete uncertainty, you want to lynch someone who is unhelpful and who will get lynched later anyway. Drag dead weight with you to the end and only the scum will benefit.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:42 am

Post by don_johnson »

^^ tru dat.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:43 am

Can we please not lynch boro?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:45 am

Post by don_johnson »

wake or aptil are fine by me.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6