Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:37 am

Post by Darthe »

In post 270, Varsoon wrote:
In post 268, The Grim Reaper wrote:I really like the case on SSK in . It is pretty much the same conclusion that we have come to.
Add to that the reasons behind the Varsoon votes and soft PL push and you have a prime candidate for a lynch. However we prefer Pasch for scum and feel he needs rope the most.

The vote on me was an RVS-related one, largely due to... you know what?
Nevermind.

Looking at Grim, LyingCat, and AP as my scum for now.

I think Majiffy's just razzin' me and isn't scum, but we'll see.

I think it's really suspicious that Grim came in with about a billion posts and Lying Cat immediately says "GRIM SO TOWN" and then they both overlap on their lynch pools. It's just really awkward.

Then again, maybe I need to sit down with this game, look over all the posts, and stew with it for awhile before hitting the submit button here.
Nah.
I can't read you logically. Dat scum team.

If those three are scum together we will know simply by the lack of an NK on them ever. Because otherwise they are going to peg this team.
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:37 am

Post by Darthe »

IS that eternal WIFOM?
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:38 am

Post by Darthe »

Yes, you're welcome.

Heh.
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:40 am

Post by Darthe »

In post 252, The Grim Reaper wrote:Really liking and Lying Cat as a result.

Quite a few townreads already, given nothing changes: Fear and Loading, Lying Cat, Majiffy (still gut), flying beauties

GG
In post 255, The Grim Reaper wrote: confirms my townread on Majiffy. Angry Pidgeon reads very town on page 6 in general. It's difficult not to be swooned here.

By my count, this leaves Varsoon, Buckwild, Paschendale en JKLM in the possible scumpile, but my gut says Buckwild is town. I disagree with , that voting tag thing is null. But the little Buckwild has said seems to make sense, his broken votes are never the kind where you say: "where did that come from?"
Perhaps Splinetered Shadow in the possible scumpile as well, because not all scum can have been lazy opportunists and I did get these strange vibes from his in the first posts. Definitely someone to watch out for.

GG
In post 272, Antihero wrote:
I like both of these posts a lot. You can be town for now.

In post 265, Fear and Loading wrote:Also, MafiaSSK is flying massively under the radar. You should ISO him and see his posts for yourself. Moreover he hasn't posted in over two days.

@Mod: can you please prod MafiaSSK?

-- Quilford
MafiaSSK has actually asked me for replacement via PM. I'm poking around at some of my contacts before posting in the replacement thread. But yeah, SSK is being replaced.
No need to do that, should be dead by then.
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:40 am

Post by Darthe »

And it had to be inside the quote. Perfect.

I said I like both of these posts a lot. You can be town for now.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:54 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 273, Paschendale wrote:Some of your subsequent deluge of posts is a little better, but I disagree with anyone handing out townreads like that so early on. Frankly, I disagree with any kind of strong reads early in the game. They're usually wrong. And going for a townreads > PoE method seldom produces good results.
wrong
whew!
flying beauties
flying beauties
Goon
flying beauties
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:55 am

Post by flying beauties »

In post 280, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 273, Paschendale wrote:Some of your subsequent deluge of posts is a little better, but I disagree with anyone handing out townreads like that so early on. Frankly, I disagree with any kind of strong reads early in the game. They're usually wrong. And going for a townreads > PoE method seldom produces good results.
wrong
flying beauties
flying beauties
Goon
flying beauties
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:56 am

Post by flying beauties »

In post 276, Darthe wrote:IS that eternal WIFOM?
so much ewww
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:40 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Eesh a lot of posts over night.

FnL: Splintered explicitly called Cat scummy for disappearing after going under pressure. The other 2 (SSK/Pasch) just voted him for pressure but said nothing about why or why not he is scummy when they did. I don't see how you are making the leap to say that they ALSO read Cat's post but think his lurking is scummy?
In post 264, Fear and Loading wrote:Also, MafiaSSK implicates himself of the same thing here
SSK and Pasch just said they want pressure on him. Splintered was the only one to call them out on ducking the thread after getting pressured.

Why SSK over Splintered? (Pasch is definitely contributing the most, sure).
In post 267, The Grim Reaper wrote:
In post 266, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 241, Paschendale wrote:
I don't disagree that JKLM is also a good choice
, especially looking back now and seeing a complete lack of anything useful. But I'd rather lynch people for what they do say than what they don't say this early in the game.

That said, JKLM, your ice is getting thinner. We won't wait forever.
This reeks of scum-scum interaction.
Especially the bolded part. Don't think there's a more roundabout way to express an opinion on someone.

GG
Sorry
I kind of agree, but I'd still much rather lynch JKLM than Pasch. He sounds awfully hesitant to take a firm stance on JKLM. There is acknowledging that JKLM is scummy without outright saying it and an excuse to not vote him at the same time. Really weird. Not even proposing people who are better alternatives.
In post 271, flying beauties wrote:he never follows my votes, ever
So you think Majiffy intentionally avoids voting with you? Its not possible that 1/12 times he will happen to think the same person is scum and vote it with you?

Thinking Darthe is town.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:12 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 242, flying beauties wrote:you are such freaking scum

we think ap is scum and we also think buck is a partner. plz help.
Nope
Nope
and
Nope

hth glhf
In post 271, flying beauties wrote:usually the only way I can get my way is if I scream loud enough in gchat or sneak a vote in at the last minute when he is not around to change it.
:giggle:
wrong
Probably a town wrong, though.

VOTE: JKLM
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:21 am

Post by Darthe »

In post 282, flying beauties wrote:
In post 276, Darthe wrote:IS that eternal WIFOM?
so much ewww
You'll come to love me in time.
wrong
Totally missed this before. Technically, you're guaranteed that your early town reads will be at least as right as the town:scum ration in game. So lets say 75% average.
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:22 am

Post by The Grim Reaper »

In post 279, Darthe wrote:And it had to be inside the quote. Perfect.

I said I like both of these posts a lot. You can be town for now.
Is it because I had forgotten all about you?
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:25 am

Post by Darthe »

In post 283, AngryPidgeon wrote:Eesh a lot of posts over night.

FnL: Splintered explicitly called Cat scummy for disappearing after going under pressure. The other 2 (SSK/Pasch) just voted him for pressure but said nothing about why or why not he is scummy when they did. I don't see how you are making the leap to say that they ALSO read Cat's post but think his lurking is scummy?
In post 264, Fear and Loading wrote:Also, MafiaSSK implicates himself of the same thing here
SSK and Pasch just said they want pressure on him. Splintered was the only one to call them out on ducking the thread after getting pressured.

Why SSK over Splintered? (Pasch is definitely contributing the most, sure).
In post 267, The Grim Reaper wrote:
In post 266, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 241, Paschendale wrote:
I don't disagree that JKLM is also a good choice
, especially looking back now and seeing a complete lack of anything useful. But I'd rather lynch people for what they do say than what they don't say this early in the game.

That said, JKLM, your ice is getting thinner. We won't wait forever.
This reeks of scum-scum interaction.
Especially the bolded part. Don't think there's a more roundabout way to express an opinion on someone.

GG
Sorry
I kind of agree, but I'd still much rather lynch JKLM than Pasch. He sounds awfully hesitant to take a firm stance on JKLM. There is acknowledging that JKLM is scummy without outright saying it and an excuse to not vote him at the same time. Really weird. Not even proposing people who are better alternatives.
In post 271, flying beauties wrote:he never follows my votes, ever
So you think Majiffy intentionally avoids voting with you? Its not possible that 1/12 times he will happen to think the same person is scum and vote it with you?

Thinking Darthe is town.
I think FB is mistaking Majiffies tendency to view things logically for his tendency to avoid sheeping with em. If that makes sense, the sentence isn't fitting together in my head all that well.

I think I'm town too.

JKLM is the better lynch anyhow. Pasch lynch would be less revealing in general (though I think they're pretty tied together at this point) and I don't see him gaining any traction as a town influence anyhow. Especially not at this point.
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:30 am

In post 273, Paschendale wrote:
Reaction to what? All you said about me was "I don't like this or that". You're at best simply misunderstanding me, at worst misrepping. But you're being kinda vague either way. I assumed your vote was just lazy. The worst thing you actually accuse me of is changing my vote without a big fight. Gee, we're still pretty early in the game.

Meanwhile, no, your post didn't give us much to work with. It was all opinion and no analysis. You just said that you didn't like things without examining them. All you said was "this looks scummy to me", to which the answer is "well, it doesn't look scummy to me", and that's the end of the discussion. So no, no one is talking about what you said for a reason.
My first post was bad, I get it. Only, it wasn't. My accusations were more than that. But I'll grant you the pleasure of taking the post and tearing it apart piece by piece. If you don't, I'll fling it back into your face with clarified arguments.

Before the post I'm now reacting to, your lack of reaction to any kind of vote/criticism was especially notable. Glad to see you at least woke up.
Some of your subsequent deluge of posts is a little better, but I disagree with anyone handing out townreads like that so early on. Frankly, I disagree with any kind of strong reads early in the game. They're usually wrong. And going for a townreads > PoE method seldom produces good results.
It's not a method I persue. It occured naturally.
@Reaper in 267: That's just how I talk. I was very clear in what I said. I expressed some (but not strong) agreement, and it was conditional. Sorry if you don't like how I talk. Fun fact:
Not everyone has the same mannerisms as you.
You talk like scum. And like a
little bitch/b], for that matter. Almost sounds so... defensive? Beligirent?
What do you even know about my mannerisms? We've never even played a game together.
Grim's big push has been all about attacking people for voting LC. It does look a bit white knight-y.
I haven't consciously made the connection between my scumlist and votes on LC. Could you point out where I made this argument?

GG
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:31 am

In post 287, Darthe wrote:and I don't see him gaining any traction as a town influence anyhow. Especially not at this point
This is a very good point.

I'm up for a JKLM-lynch as well. Will discuss with my other head.

GG
Fear and Loading
Fear and Loading
Townie
Fear and Loading
Townie
Townie

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:20 am

Post by Fear and Loading »

In post 192, flying beauties wrote:Buckwild
are you talking about 1392?
Fear and Loading
Fear and Loading
Townie
Fear and Loading
Townie
Townie

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:21 am

Oh, I see. Your just talking about the number of games that he's been in.
Fear and Loading
Fear and Loading
Townie
Fear and Loading
Townie
Townie

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:25 am

In post 199, Paschendale wrote:Buck still looks like the best choice. There's just no attempt at hunting there. SS's 196 sums it up pretty well.

No one seems to be doing anything controversial. This is especially baffling from people like Majiffy or Varsoon, who are usually a lot more outrageous. There's this very strong sense of caution in this game, and every action looks tentative and measured.
What do you think of AP's comment about pride?

It's the one thing that's holding me off Buckwild at the moment. I don't actually think that pride is a town-tell like he does, but the comment reads like a reflection of a genuine emotion to me. It's why I was interested in flying beauties' comment about him saying the same thing in a past game - my initial feeling was that buckwild wouldn't be able to fake that as scum, and an example showing that he could would have made that comment null.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:35 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Wow, speaking of overreactions
Grim you are asking a lot of pointed questions to Pasch but it seems like you've kind of decided hes scum and are just rolling with that.
In post 288, The Grim Reaper wrote:It's not a method I persue. It occured naturally.
Why is this important? Pasch doesn't like your playstyle, so what. This feels a bit over defensive. You are clarifying that you aren't INTENTIONALLY doing what Pasch considers bad/scummy as if that is a valid defense?

Your sentiment feels genuine but also I dont get the relevance. Scum upset at being called out for the wrong reasons?
In post 292, Fear and Loading wrote:I don't actually think that pride is a town-tell like he does,
Dunno if this is Quil or Zd, but let me tell you. I don't subscribe to heuristics nearly as much as most people. But this one is one that has never failed me that I can recall. Its certainly fakeable, but new players won't because its not something they are aware of.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:39 am

Post by Guyett »

Both of the heads agree that pasch are likely town but we are certainly not ruling others out yet
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:39 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Then why are you antagonizing him, lol.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:40 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Are we roleplaying the whole antihero thing?

Im town aligned, but I don't express typical town-aligned qualities you'd expect from a townie.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:41 am

Post by Guyett »

nope lol
~G
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
Fear and Loading
Fear and Loading
Townie
Fear and Loading
Townie
Townie

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:42 am

AP, they are all me.

I might be able to answer your question about SSK over SS. It might be because Quil and I agree about that. I'm not sold on SS yet.

-Zd.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:45 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 288, The Grim Reaper wrote:
You talk like scum
. And like a
little bitch/b], for that matter. Almost sounds so... defensive? Beligirent?
What do you even know about my mannerisms? We've never even played a game together.
Ok Team Grim, can you guys tell me then what about Pasch the underlined is about? And why do you still think he is town despite seeing scummy qualities?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”