The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:46 am

Post by The Grim Reaper »

Paschendale is still very much scum in my eyes. I'm pretty sure that's what Guyett was trying to say, but he said "town" instead of "scum".
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:47 am

In post 294, Guyett wrote:Both of the heads agree that pasch are likely town but we are certainly not ruling others out yet
I mean scum here not town sorry
In post 297, Guyett wrote:nope lol
~G
~G
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:48 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:49 am

Post by Paschendale »

In post 292, Fear and Loading wrote:What do you think of AP's comment about pride?
My very next post addressed that.
In post 288, The Grim Reaper wrote:You talk like scum. And like a
little bitch/b], for that matter. Almost sounds so... defensive? Beligirent?
What do you even know about my mannerisms? We've never even played a game together.
You are attacking me for having different mannerisms than you do. I don't know what yours are, but you are attacking me based merely on my being different. You're making an assumption that town talk one way and scum talk another. This is demonstrably untrue, or else Mafia in general would be a whole lot easier. It's just another form of "if I were town/scum, would I do this?" And that is a bad method. AP is right. You read something in my tone that you didn't like and are now gobbling up whatever you can to feed a confirmation bias.
In post 293, AngryPidgeon wrote:Dunno if this is Quil or Zd, but let me tell you. I don't subscribe to heuristics nearly as much as most people. But this one is one that has never failed me that I can recall. Its certainly fakeable, but new players won't because its not something they are aware of.
I didn't see pride specifically in the post, but as I said above, I find that genuine emotional reactions tend to come from newer town. They're town. They know they're town. So why doesn't everyone else know it, too? *hurt feelings* Buck's reaction looks too measured to be that kind of outburst to me.
Buckwild
Buckwild
Goon
Buckwild
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:56 am

Post by Buckwild »

Avoiding the prod. I am awaiting to see ssk's replacement's thoughts on the votes against him before deciding to keep/change my vote.
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:58 am

In post 293, AngryPidgeon wrote:Wow, speaking of overreactions
Grim you are asking a lot of pointed questions to Pasch but it seems like you've kind of decided hes scum and are just rolling with that.
I disagree on both accounts, but there's no sense into discussing what entails an overreaction or not. This is mostly in the eye of the beholder. I think his reaction was an overreaction, hence I called him a little bitch, which in turn can be percieved as an overreaction as well.

On the second, I'll admit I'm getting rather comfortable with the idea of Paschendale being scum, as it is an impression I got ever since I started catching up with this game. But this is not how my questions/reactions towards him should be read. His reaction gave me further confirmation he's scum. He didn't respond to anything I said in substance. He simply said I had no substance and minimized it to me saying he switched his vote too easily and blaming the rest on communication style. That's not what my remarks were about at all.
In post 288, The Grim Reaper wrote:It's not a method I persue. It occured naturally.
Why is this important? Pasch doesn't like your playstyle, so what. This feels a bit over defensive. You are clarifying that you aren't INTENTIONALLY doing what Pasch considers bad/scummy as if that is a valid defense?
It's not important, this was a game theory discussion to begin with and it still is now. You just made it important by assuming it is.
I'm just clarifying my thought process, because I feel transparency in that will earn me a townread eventually. In this case, I wanted to clarify I haven't been townhunting specifically, but my catch-up has led me to believe quite a few specific people are town. I think this clarification also has a bearing of the validity of my townread. I'm not getting townreads because I'm looking for them, I'm getting them because they're thrown in my face, which speaks for the people giving me the townread.
Your sentiment feels genuine but also I dont get the relevance. Scum upset at being called out for the wrong reasons?
I haven't been called out. Like you said yourself, Paschendale doesn't like my playstyle. Where do you see the "calling out"?

I'm compiling my case on Paschendale in one post. Will try to do so tonight, but still need to finish a report here.

GG
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:02 am

In post 303, Paschendale wrote:You are attacking me for having different mannerisms than you do. I don't know what yours are, but you are attacking me based merely on my being different. You're making an assumption that town talk one way and scum talk another. This is demonstrably untrue, or else Mafia in general would be a whole lot easier. It's just another form of "if I were town/scum, would I do this?" And that is a bad method. AP is right. You read something in my tone that you didn't like and are now gobbling up whatever you can to feed a confirmation bias.
Why only respond to this emo-argument?

By the way, stating I'm having a confirmation bias comes eerily close to confirming me as town, which would constitute a scumslip from your part given you just agreed with Varsoon over certain scummy behavior I'm supposed to have portrayed.

GG
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:05 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I don't see how an overreaction on Pasch's part makes him a little bitch, especially if you are maintaining that his overreaction is some form of scum-flail.

Pasch did address his vote switch in part by saying that reads at this stage of the game should not be very firm. It is at least in line with his behavior so far, whether or not hes full of it remains to be seen.

Ok, well either actively or subconsciously you are still looking for and acquiring townreads. I dont see why the distinction is incredibly important.

By calling out I meant Paschendale talking about you in general in 273 which you responded to. He did point out some aspects of your posting that he didn't like, although looking back his stance on you is ultimately pretty wishy-washy.

--

Best information lynch: Paschendale.

Best scum lynch: JKLM

Best policy lynch: Varsoon

Not to be lynched today: Beauties, Majiffy, Buck, Darthe, FnL
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:15 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 307, AngryPidgeon wrote:I don't see how an overreaction on Pasch's part makes him a little bitch, especially if you are maintaining that his overreaction is some form of scum-flail
The little bitch-comment was not very relevant to the game to begin with, don't get why you emphasize this so much.

I said he was talking like a little bitch because of the "Fun fact: Not everyone has your mannerisms", because it comes with a certain aura of cynicism especially prevalent in bitches. Given the earlier display of disdain for my first catch-up post, I couldn't help but feel myself in the following situation: Imagine 2 girls getting ready for a show, one girl saying to the other "You should do something about your hair." and the other responding "Not everyone has your wonderful curls."

That's how it read to me, that's what I commented on.

While my comment of him being a bitch is game irrelevant, my comment of him talking like scum isn't. The comment shows annoyance first and foremost, annoyance with me and what I'm saying. Only, his way of dealing with it is a bitchy comment, taking it on the emotional plane in one breath. Suddenly this isn't about him being scummy or not, it's about me being so self-centered that I consider everyone not beaving like me scum. That's scummy in my eyes. Town's dealing with it would be different.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:16 am

Damnit
In post 308, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 307, AngryPidgeon wrote:I don't see how an overreaction on Pasch's part makes him a little bitch, especially if you are maintaining that his overreaction is some form of scum-flail
The little bitch-comment was not very relevant to the game to begin with, don't get why you emphasize this so much.

I said he was talking like a little bitch because of the "Fun fact: Not everyone has your mannerisms", because it comes with a certain aura of cynicism especially prevalent in bitches. Given the earlier display of disdain for my first catch-up post, I couldn't help but feel myself in the following situation: Imagine 2 girls getting ready for a show, one girl saying to the other "You should do something about your hair." and the other responding "Not everyone has your wonderful curls."

That's how it read to me, that's what I commented on.

While my comment of him being a bitch is game irrelevant, my comment of him talking like scum isn't. The comment shows annoyance first and foremost, annoyance with me and what I'm saying. Only, his way of dealing with it is a bitchy comment, taking it on the emotional plane in one breath. Suddenly this isn't about him being scummy or not, it's about me being so self-centered that I consider everyone not beaving like me scum. That's scummy in my eyes. Town's dealing with it would be different.
I logged out as Grimgroove before that post, only to log in again as Grimgroove...

Obviously still getting used to this hydra busniess. Bear with me please.
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:27 am

In post 307, AngryPidgeon wrote:Pasch did address his vote switch in part by saying that reads at this stage of the game should not be very firm. It is at least in line with his behavior so far, whether or not hes full of it remains to be seen.
Where did I say Pasch did not address the vote switch? I said Pasch minimized my case to his vote switch being the only thing to it.

Do you even know which vote switch we're talking about?
Let me quote myself:

"I don't like Paschendale's 58. There had been little to no masquerading at that point by SSK. Sounds like scum trying to find some sensible, serious reason but on second glance you can see the reason is more farfetched than what it is made out to be. In 73 he withdraws rather easily, while still trying to defend the reasons for having put that vote down in the first place. Doesn't feel right." ()

All he has to say to that: "Gee, it was early game." Don't you think it's strange for someone to remove his vote, when still believing in the reasons that moved him to putting down that vote in the first place?
Because I do.

And he ignored the ither thing I had to say about him in 178, which was the following:

"82 reads like a funny way to somehow defend flyingbeauties, calling Arcangel's behavior null while it's scummy in my eyes. Asking for something serious from Splintered Shadow shows he's not really following the game, Splintered was always serious. Asking for something serious from Lying Cat is him setting himself up to hop on that wagon eventually."

Especially the part where he asked for serious contributions from Splintered Shadow annoyed mle, because there was no reason to do so. Splintered Cell was giving serious contributions at that time. Making this request was just for show.

He selectively responds to my remarks towards him. Just now he did the same. Instead of answering my questions, he simply picked out the part about mannerisms and ignored the rest. The part about mannerisms being the easiest to deal with since he already brought it to a level where it doesn't concern our alignments but our personalities.

The man is scum.
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:28 am

And fuck my report :mrgreen:
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:57 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I'm not mentally able to process that wall right now, I'll get back after work.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:04 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 307, AngryPidgeon wrote:Ok, well either actively or subconsciously you are still looking for and acquiring townreads. I dont see why the distinction is incredibly important.
I said in 305 it was not important. I explained it to you. Where are you getting this "incredibly important"-idea? If you're pulling it out of your ass I'd appreciate it if you shove it back up there. IT IS NOT IMPORTANT! It deals with subtleties, in this case the subtlety is the little ammount of extra value of a townread that has come to you compared to a townread you've been looking for. The butterfly that comes to rest on your shoulder is more beautiful than the one pinned down on a cushion in a little glass cage.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:04 am

Post by Paschendale »

In post 306, The Grim Reaper wrote:By the way, stating I'm having a confirmation bias comes eerily close to confirming me as town, which would constitute a scumslip from your part given you just agreed with Varsoon over certain scummy behavior I'm supposed to have portrayed.
I haven't suggested that you were scum nor have I yet seen a reason to pursue you as one. You're wrong, not lying. And after all this "bitchy" shit, I'm going to upgrade "wrong" to "moron". If you have questions for me, ask them. You "not liking" something isn't a question. I'm not sure you understand the syntax of a question. It cites something you don't know, and ends with this symbol "?". You have used that to denote two things towards me that could be questions. They were both in 288. The first was your attempts halfheartedly misrep my intentions, and the second was asking me to parrot your own posts to you, after already analyzing them.

Basically, Grim, all you have to say is that you don't like how I talk. And you consistently don't seem to understand that a person can criticize someone without thinking they're scum. You don't understand that when I was talking about AA, you don't understand that when I was Splintered, and you don't understand that when I was talking about you. And then there's whining that I don't answer questions that you don't actually ask. Got anything that isn't basically a misrep, your own shortcomings, or a lie? No? Didn't think so.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:07 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 313, Grimgroove wrote:If you're pulling it out of your ass I'd appreciate it if you shove it back up there.
In post 313, Grimgroove wrote:The butterfly that comes to rest on your shoulder is more beautiful than the one pinned down on a cushion in a little glass cage.
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:10 am

In post 288, The Grim Reaper wrote:
But I'll grant you the pleasure of taking the post and tearing it apart piece by piece. If you don't, I'll fling it back into your face with clarified arguments.

I haven't consciously made the connection between my scumlist and votes on LC. Could you point out where I made this argument?

GG
I'm sorry the first didn't come with a question mark. I allowed myself a bit of poetic freedom in making the following request to you:

Could you respond to my arguments, please? In substance? I repeated them in .
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:11 am

In post 314, Paschendale wrote:Basically, Grim, all you have to say is that you don't like how I talk.
Nein.
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:14 am

In post 314, Paschendale wrote:You don't understand that when I was talking about AA, you don't understand that when I was Splintered, and you don't understand that when I was talking about you.
I don't remember mentioning your thoughts on Splinter or AA as a reason for voting you. I distinctly remember your comments on Lying Cat followed by an opportunstic vote n Lying Cat being a problem, your half-hearted vote on SSK, some double-talk on JKLM.

Nope, no Splintered or AA there. Why are you bringing this up?
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:18 am

@AP: You continuing to ask yourself "Why is it important?" when nobody said it was is the same as implying someone did say it and thus "pulling something out of your ass".

The butterfly thing was a beautiful metaphor that should be appreciated, not only because of its literary value but also because of its relevance.

I liked Gaston. He died for love. He died as a hero, fighting a beast that treated an old lady as a beast himself one day. Why did the Beast get forgiven for his lack of love? Why did Gaston have to die for simply loving himself a little too much?

And the man could sing! Damn!
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:19 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ya, I can't read that wall right now - gotta focus. I'll be back after work.

Also I wish you had said "poetic justice" so I could reference that justice is buldermar :P

Fun fact, if you type define:buldermar into google, its like the 6th hit or so oO. Even google knows that buldermar is synonymous with justice.
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:21 am

Fucking Beast had it easy as well, he just loved a hot girl and swayed her with moving furniture. That's all he needed to do to break that spell. What if she had been "Ugly"? "Ugly and the beast"? Would there have been a happy ending then? I DOUBT IT! The Beast would have left that ugly hag standing outside his door just like he did before. Jerk.

The poetic injustice of it all.
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:25 am

Next time I'm in Eurodisney, he gets a punch in his fluffy face.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:26 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 322, The Grim Reaper wrote:Next time I'm in Eurodisney, he gets a punch in his fluffy face.
Take a camera with you.

Youtube that shit after you get out of Disney jail.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:27 am

In post 314, Paschendale wrote:I'm going to upgrade "wrong" to "moron".
Why? What is so wrong about my conculsions of that "mannerisms" remark being besides the point? Because it was besides the point. My arguments had nothing to do with mannerisms. It had everything to do with you cushioning your read on JKLM into double negatives, "buts" and "also's".

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”