Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:01 am

Post by DeasVail »

Definitely not Beli or AGar. Emp and Kalimar would be ok I guess, but I don't have anything on them.

Why don't you want to lynch Majiffy today?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:39 am

Post by talah »

Let me put it this way. What if we lynched Nacho today and he flipped town?

Imperfect analogy but people's thoughts evolve as more information comes to light and D1 isn't the best time to be lynching experienced players I have only a mild scum-lean on. I want to see what he does tomorrow, if he's still alive.

Is there anyone else you feel is a good lynch for today?
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:39 am

Post by Belisarius »

OK, as promised, I've got a start on going over ISO's using McClish's methodology; not as promised, though, I'm going to be doing it in chunks so I don't get burned out halfway through and miss important shit, so for now you get the playerlist up to AGar in the order they appear in the opening post and then smurf you guys I'm playing FFXIV for the rest of the day. Some of what I've dug up here has nothing to do with the McClish methodology and it will be labelled as such.

DrDolittle:
#90 : Words, words, words. With such an ability to use so many words without saying anything, the good Doctor would fit in perfectly in Ottawa.
#188 : (Not McClish) Wherefore the assumption that I'm ZAFT specifically? I could understand calling me scum, but ZAFT? Furthermore, read the opening flavour. Miguel is ZAFT and "flipped" town. I don't know about anyone else, but my role PM doesn't even say if I'm a Coordinator or a Natural, which leads me to believe that genetics is irrelevant to alignment. (For the record, I know from flavour familiarity that I'm a Natural and ergo not ZAFT. I wanted to be ZAFT, but I didn't get what I wanted.)
#281 : Smokescreening; Doc is aware that the majority of this post is irrelevant, as evinced by the statment "that is irrelevant," but left it in anyways. Also seeing contraction avoidance in this post, which is a hallmark of the dishonest.
#678 : "a lot of other players"; The clinical term for this is "weasel words"
#752 : "Actually"

kanye: Running McClish on kanye's ISO has caused me to do a complete 180 on my read on him. Where reading his posts in context gave me an impression that he was trying to avoid taking responsibility for his reads, focusing on his posts closer show that's not true; in fact, when I run through my list of things McClish says to watch out for, kanye's doing
exactly the opposite
consistently. I like his use of diction, since he syntactically places himself close to his positions. On the non-McClish front, I'm liking his lack of fear with regards to attacking strong players, and I'm liking his "eat shit and die" attitude. Basically, unless kanye outright claims scum or someone gets a cop guilty on him, there's no way in fuck I'm ever voting for him.

waynegg:
#44 : Omitting the "I"; for that matter, elsewhere in his ISO, I notice him consistently phrasing things so that he doesn't have to talk about himself.
#156 : Why the passive voice?
#211 : To be specific, this is obfuscative language.
#242 : Sentence fragments.
#409 : "I'm pretty sure you know you didn't say what you may have been trying to convey right there..." -- obfuscative language
#613 : More obfuscative language

pieguy: This is kanye all over again; I expected to find a goldmine of McClish tells, instead I find fuck all and reverse-tells (syntactic proximity, use of strong adjectives).
(Not McClish) : I still don't like his jump on to Empking for no goddamn reason.

AGar: Clean as a whistle, sharp as a thistle, best in all Westminster; I even like his opposition to shitwagons in spite of the combination of a) one of them was on me, and b) I am pretty paranoid about possible buddying. I may sheep him depending on what I turn up on Levi tomorrow.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:24 am

Post by Kdub »

Day 1 - Vote Count #29

DrDolittle (0)
-
kanyeknowsbest (0)
-
Belisarius (2)
- Pyrotechnics, Empking
waynegg (0)
-
pieguyn (3)
- Majiffy, AGar, waynegg
AGar (4)
- pieguyn, talah, NachoKoopa, Natirasha
PeregrineV (0)
-
leviathan93 (0)
-
Svenskt Stål (1)
- PeregrineV
Empking (2)
- leviathan93, Sakura Hana
Majiffy (1)
- DeasVail
Pyrotechnics (0)
-
Sakura Hana (1)
- Matias
NachoKoopa (2)
- kanyeknowsbest, DrDolittle
DeasVail (0)
-
Matias (0)
-
ArcAngel9 (0)
-
talah (1)
- Belisarius
Natirasha (0)
-
mastin2 (0)
-
Kalimar (1)
- mastin2
No lynch (0)
-
Not voting (3)
- Svenskt Stål, ArcAngel9, Kalimar

21 votes available
11 votes needed to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2013-10-18 12:44:27)

V/LA: ArcAngel9 (10/14), PeregrineV (9/15), Svenskt Stål (10/16)

Empking has been prodded.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:59 am

Post by Empking »

In post 848, Sakura Hana wrote:levi, we need to talk.
This post. I've been trying to put my finger on what annoys about this post, but I can't. However it certainly annoys.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:35 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 785, pieguyn wrote:this just seems like an excuse, especially when you never said why you changed your read. explain what made you change your read
Try reading my posts.
In post 785, pieguyn wrote: so if I was going the same direction you were with my reads the whole game, I'd be town?
From the start of the game? Yes. Too late now, though, you're already a scumbutt.
In post 785, pieguyn wrote:
Majiffy wrote:You're either the biggest fucking idiot ever or you're scum, simple as that.
false dichotomy
Please explain to me what other options are available.
Majiffy wrote:God you're so fucking scum.
instead of explaining your scumread on me, you just continue repeating I'm scum and that's all there is to it? this is so weird for me = =
Speaking of being so fucking scum...

What was quoted above was in no way a response to any questioning of my scumread on pie. This is a deliberate misrep to attempt to weaken my positions.

Majiffy wrote:This is the best you can do?
wow really
"How dare you ask another player to participate to a higher standard!"

Seriously how you haven't been quicklynched by now is beyond me.
In post 785, pieguyn wrote: also, link where exactly people were directly questioning your read on DeasVail, instead of just not supporting it? also quote exactly where the "tone" made you think they weren't supporting it.
Here's one. Wow, how hard, reading the thread and all.
Anything else?
Kalimar wrote:If you had to pick between Majiffy and Empking dying, which would it be?
I say Empking. atm, I feel he's more suspicious than Majiffy.
So... you're not interacting with Empking the guy you'd prefer to lynch, meanwhile you're making wallpost arguments with me.

:roll:
In post 819, Natirasha wrote:Hey Sakura wanna kill Agar with me?
Get the fuck off Agar you twit.
In post 823, Sakura Hana wrote:This is still town pie btw.
So town pie clutters up the thread with wall wars over useless subjects and just lets the person he's voting for lurk his way out of a dying wagon?

Because that sounds an awful lot like scum play.
In post 872, DeasVail wrote:No that's not why I think you're scum but if that makes you feel better then sure?
I've been harping on about you for quite a while. I was saying things before this thing about not lynching me.

This is ridiculous Majiffy, and I'm pretty sure you realise it.
THEN REITERATE YOU DOLT.

In post 877, Belisarius wrote:OK, as promised, I've got a start on going over ISO's using McClish's methodology
Can we get some tl;dr's up in here?
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:39 am

Post by Svenskt Stål »

Is this majiffys style? long onesentenced catchup mq´s... to just fall back into the shadows
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:40 am

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 850, leviathan93 wrote:I think town is

agar
sakura
belisarius
deasvail
kanye
kdub
majiffy
nati
kalimar
nachokoopa

null on
arc angel
dr dolittle
mac
empking
nacho
peregrine
mastin2
matias

scum
dopog
pls
>1 scum read
>who has 1 post
>who is replaced
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:50 am

Post by waynegg »

In post 876, talah wrote:Let me put it this way. What if we lynched Nacho today and he flipped town?
Testing the waters to see how you would fare if you lynched a strong town player, huh? That's such good town thinking...

@beli ~ I think you should have more confirmation bias.
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:16 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 881, Svenskt Stål wrote:Is this majiffys style? long onesentenced catchup mq´s... to just fall back into the shadows
I'm usually either working or sleeping when the majority of people are on and posting, so yeah.

What's up?

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:37 am

Post by Belisarius »

In post 880, Majiffy wrote:Can we get some tl;dr's up in here?
I'm ISOing people using methodology taught by US Marshal Mark McClish.

I've done it before and it didn't turn out well, so I was hesitant to use it for a while, but I'm pretty sure it failed because my application of the methodology was faulty, as opposed to the methodology itself which is still in use by federal police in the US and Canada. I think I know how I failed (reaching too much for tells) and that means I can fix it.
In post 883, waynegg wrote:@beli ~ I think you should have more confirmation bias.
>> Completely reverses 2 reads
>> is confbias'd.

Better cast your net again, you fished up a pile of shit.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:53 am

Post by Majiffy »

I was talking more about the tl;dr conclusions on each player.

||
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:54 am

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 882, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 850, leviathan93 wrote:I think town is

agar
sakura
belisarius
deasvail
kanye
kdub
majiffy
nati
kalimar
nachokoopa

null on
arc angel
dr dolittle
mac
empking
nacho
peregrine
mastin2
matias

scum
dopog
pls
>1 scum read
>who has 1 post
>who is replaced

well, I feel most my scum reads actually lie within my nulls. =P I'm pretty confident on my town reads that they are town.

and dopog was replaced? completely missed that. who was his replacement? =/
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:56 am

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 873, DeasVail wrote:Levi, why was dopog scum?
this is my bad for not remembering that dopog was no longer in the game. I pinned him as scum because I hadn't seen him in a while and believed that he needed pressure and an eventual claim for me to see what he was or not. =/ if he is replaced, i would like to know who his replacement was. =P
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:01 am

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 879, Empking wrote:
This post. I've been trying to put my finger on what annoys about this post, but I can't. However it certainly annoys.
lol, sorry, this was a scum slip. =) she's just really impatient that we can't kill anyone during the night yet. =D so we just have to stick it out and talk here instead. =)
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:22 am

Post by Svenskt Stål »

In post 884, Majiffy wrote:
In post 881, Svenskt Stål wrote:Is this majiffys style? long onesentenced catchup mq´s... to just fall back into the shadows
I'm usually either working or sleeping when the majority of people are on and posting, so yeah.

What's up?
Trying desperatly to get a feel for this game... but you are so fucking boring.
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:09 am

Post by waynegg »

In post 888, leviathan93 wrote:
In post 873, DeasVail wrote:Levi, why was dopog scum?
this is my bad for not remembering that dopog was no longer in the game. I pinned him as scum because I hadn't seen him in a while and believed that he needed pressure and an eventual claim for me to see what he was or not. =/ if he is replaced, i would like to know who his replacement was. =P
Try checking the first post...
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:10 am

Post by waynegg »

In post 889, leviathan93 wrote:
lol, sorry, this was a scum slip. =) she's just really impatient that we can't kill anyone during the night yet. =D so we just have to stick it out and talk here instead. =)
Pronoun slip anybody?
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:18 am

Post by waynegg »

Yeah. That's enough to convince me. "We" shoulda been "she".

VOTE: leviathan
Like LEGO minifigs?
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:24 am

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 892, waynegg wrote:
In post 889, leviathan93 wrote:
Pronoun slip anybody?
Haha! no, there was no pronoun slip. =) I meant we. =) because WE are scum together, but SHE is impatient and wanting to kill. but since it ain't night yet. WE have to wait and stick it out until it is so WE have to talk HERE instead. =P

i'm not that stupid. =)
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:06 am

Post by waynegg »

So, you're surrendering then. Cool. Which do we lynch first?
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:08 am

Post by waynegg »

And I so wanted to point out the 'levi, we need to talk' post but everyone was hellbent on saying she is town that I just made a note of it instead.
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:10 am

Post by waynegg »

Wonder what Nat's take is on this...
Like LEGO minifigs?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:32 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 876, talah wrote:Let me put it this way. What if we lynched Nacho today and he flipped town?

Imperfect analogy but people's thoughts evolve as more information comes to light and D1 isn't the best time to be lynching experienced players I have only a mild scum-lean on. I want to see what he does tomorrow, if he's still alive.

Is there anyone else you feel is a good lynch for today?
I understand where you're coming from, but if I thought Nacho was scum as I do Majiffy, I'd be all for lynching him too. I don't think the fact that someone's experienced should stop us from lynching them.

Since my reads post, I have a townread on Sakura, and although I'm not sure of Pyro yet, I'm cautiously reading them as town. So Empking, Svenkst, AA9 and Kalimar are the people I'd probably be willing to compromise on. AA9 would be the least likely, as I think she can be pretty town when she is town, so I'd prefer to see more from her. Empking seems to be playing as he usually does, so lynching him almost feels like a policy lynch, but I'd prefer it to one of my townreads, Svenkst I would want to see more from. Kalimar's probably my second-favourite lynch, but Majiffy just seems so much better to me.

~~

Um Majiffy, you've kind of ruined any chance there was of me bending over backwards to clearly explain my scumread on you to you.

Wayne, are you serious?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:36 am

Post by waynegg »

Yeah. Someone wants to claim scum they die. I'm not into keeping WIFOM around
Like LEGO minifigs?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”