Splintered Shadow
Splintered Shadow
Townie
Splintered Shadow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:44 pm

Post by Splintered Shadow »

In post 296, AngryPidgeon wrote:Are we roleplaying the whole antihero thing?

Im town aligned, but I don't express typical town-aligned qualities you'd expect from a townie.
Also, this post is far too vague for my liking. Obviously in an antihero game a townie won't have town-aligned qualities. At best this is awkwardly worded. At worst you're crumbing traitor.

Seriously guys, look at my above post and help me lynch this scumbag.

Pedit: :]

-Stup
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:14 pm

Post by Belisarius »

In post 445, Fear and Loading wrote:Beli talk to me about contractions. Have you caught scum with that before? It seems to me like a bizarre thing to comment on.
It depends on baselines. Deviating from one's baseline behaviour is a sign of dishonesty. I am absolutely unwilling to move on AP without knowing if contraction avoidance is normal for him.

No, I haven't caught scum with contraction avoidance before, that would be madness...but what I was looking for when I read this game over to start with was anything that looked out of place. Talking like Spock qualifies. So...if AP normally talks like Spock, I'm completely null on him. If he does not, that qualifies as a deviation from his baseline mode of speech, which I see as scummy.
flying beauties
flying beauties
Goon
flying beauties
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:48 pm

Post by flying beauties »

In post 445, Fear and Loading wrote:I still have to look into splintered. I've been lazy on that front.

I think JKLM's gambit is garbage. Considering his join date I'm inclined to think that it's coming from town, since I don't think that he'd risk blowing a scum game with that play.

I thought that Grim still appeared townish, but I really dislike their "maybe Darthe is up to something" comment.

Beli talk to me about contractions. Have you caught scum with that before? It seems to me like a bizarre thing to comment on.
liking fear and loading
flying beauties
flying beauties
Goon
flying beauties
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:50 pm

Post by flying beauties »

In post 452, Belisarius wrote:
In post 445, Fear and Loading wrote:Beli talk to me about contractions. Have you caught scum with that before? It seems to me like a bizarre thing to comment on.
It depends on baselines. Deviating from one's baseline behaviour is a sign of dishonesty. I am absolutely unwilling to move on AP without knowing if contraction avoidance is normal for him.

No, I haven't caught scum with contraction avoidance before, that would be madness...but what I was looking for when I read this game over to start with was anything that looked out of place. Talking like Spock qualifies. So...if AP normally talks like Spock, I'm completely null on him. If he does not, that qualifies as a deviation from his baseline mode of speech, which I see as scummy.
why don't you do a word search with ap as the poster and look it up yourself instead of waiting around for some1 else to say "oh hai I have seen this bef4 ack! ack!".

word search would only take a few minutes.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:03 pm

Post by Belisarius »

A word search for
all contractions?

I think not.

Myself or anyone who hasn't played with AP before running meta on him conventionally would also be unscientific due to the bias inflicted by having his contraction avoidance this game highlighted.

Only someone who has played with AP before while
not
specifically looking for contraction avoidance can provide an unbiased answer, and I won't act on any other kind.
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:48 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

@ Beli: Your question is insane. Not only is contraction use not a facet of play that is routinely checked, he has used contractions this game as a CTRL-F of his ISO just showed me. Not many, but they're there. To humor you, no one has noticed this before, or they would have answered you by now. It is unlikely AP avoids contractions given the two in his sig. No this isn't really alignment indicative. Filling the thread with conversation about contractions isn't going to help find scum and is frankly annoying. Stop the useless chatter and scumhunt for real.

@ JKLM: Your gambit is useless. If JKLM is scum, his gambit is a quick response to what looks like a wagon growing to dangerous levels. If JKLM is town, his scum list is only as accurate as his reads on those players. Even if he is town, and I'm not convinced there by a long shot, then we have to decide if we trust his reads. Considering he seems to be having trouble keeping track of the players in his #1 scumspot (SSK and his replacement Bel) I don't think I'm gonna wager the game on him having already called scum out.
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:48 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

-Jingle
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:04 pm

Post by Darthe »

We have conversation going but I am getting very little from it.

Sorry, just not seeing a ton worth adding to atm. I'll try to pick things up a bit.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:16 pm

Post by Paschendale »

I don't see AP being scum. Yeah, he's argumentative, but he's trying to get a rise out of people and get a reaction. Some of his offerings are good, some are bad, but he is trying. That's also why Grim might be town, too. Though his offerings are mainly bad. On day 1, we have no flips, no night results, nothing concrete. Effort counts a lot.

I don't see much merit in Bel's contractions thing. His idea is that a changed alignment will result in more formal speech. Why would scum not use contractions? This does not make sense that someone would give themselves away in manner that is so subtle but so obvious at the same time.

I agree that JKLM's faux self sacrifice is crap. Emotional appeals are not compelling and his attempts at pushing his reads just look like whining.

I also agree with Darthe that there's not so much to add. The cure for that, however, is adding stuff.

The Bel wagon grew way too quickly and I don't trust either Beauties' or JKLM's votes on it. Neither look genuine or supported.

JKLM's wagon, meanwhile, just looks like someone being bullied.

I do not see sufficient reason to join either of these wagons, and even if they are scum, I do not see sufficient evidence to actually conclude that they are. I'll bet that we can find scum on them, however. Those are the votes that know there's not enough evidence. My best money is on Buckwild or Darthe.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:34 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Splintered's case is either borderline scummy or just full-blown retard. There are a number of posts being taken seriously that are obvious sarcasm/jokes, and I really don't like how they're being twisted and pushed.

Also apparently there's a legitimate wagon on Beli. Is there a legitimate case to go with it?
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:07 pm

Post by The Grim Reaper »

In post 459, Paschendale wrote:That's also why Grim might be town, too. Though his offerings are mainly bad.
Is this the only response you have for me?

Damn, that almost angers me. We were in the middle of a conversation when you left for a V/LA, if I recall correctly. I had several points laid out for you.
And what do you do upon returning? Ignore it and poretend it never happened? And discredit me even.
There's nothing bad about the cases I present. If there is, POINT THEM OUT! All you said so far is that I'm attacking you on mannerisms and I've shown that this is not the case.

I want to see how JKLM does for the rest of the game, now that his "plan" is out in the open maybe he'll act town and all be the better for it.

VOTE: Paschendale

Seriously, he needs to hang.
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:07 pm

^^GG
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:12 pm

In post 445, Fear and Loading wrote:I thought that Grim still appeared townish, but I really dislike their "maybe Darthe is up to something" comment.
I see what you mean, but mentioning your dislike of it comes close to being guilty of the same, assuming you dislike it for the same reasons as I now dislike it as well.

But you're right, it was a useless thing to say, especially given I don't want a lynch on darthe right now. Just figured it was a reminder for me not to lose complete sight of him, and maybe a reminder to him to be more on the forefront of the game. I have the impression his thoughts so far have been reasonable enough, he sould give us more and sell them a bit.

GG
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:12 pm

In post 452, Belisarius wrote:No, I haven't caught scum with contraction avoidance before, that would be madness
It would be madness, yet you try to do it here?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:22 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 459, Paschendale wrote:Why would scum not use contractions? This
does not
make sense that someone would give themselves away in manner that is so subtle but so obvious at the same time.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

GG
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Splintered Shadow
Splintered Shadow
Townie
Splintered Shadow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:43 am

Post by Splintered Shadow »

In post 460, Majiffy wrote:Splintered's case is either borderline scummy or just full-blown retard. There are a number of posts being taken seriously that are obvious sarcasm/jokes, and I really don't like how they're being twisted and pushed.
Could you explain this so I can respond? Because I'm not seeing what you're seeing.
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:45 am

Could someone please explain the votes on Buck please... not really seeing scum there at all yet
~G
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:46 am

Like it just looks like some people taking the easy option here.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:00 am

Post by Belisarius »

Wherefore must I be curs'd only to minister to congregations held in deafen'd pits?

Contraction avoidance is not the issue.
Deviating from baseline mode of speech
, an it be present, is.
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:09 am

WTF is contraction avoidance?
~G
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:31 am

Post by Belisarius »

*brain explodes*

Just what it says on the label : avoidance of the use of contractions. It's when you see a place where you would normally use a contraction, and you do not go to that place. In short, when you avoid contractions. Contractions: Avoiding them.
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:33 am

What are contractions? I'm sorry I'm Irish and I've never heard of contractions being used in this context.
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:34 am

~G
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum