Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:15 am

Post by Majiffy »

I've seen scum hit for both of those things. Problem is, people misapply the terms too much.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:19 am

Post by Belisarius »

When, 2007, when scum still actually used that shit as a strategy?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:20 am

Post by Majiffy »

Implying we don't get new players daily?

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:56 am

Post by JKLM »

Aww no intent to hammer?

Come in guys, who packs the balls to put an intent down?
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:58 am

Post by Belisarius »

In post 627, Majiffy wrote:Implying we don't get new players daily?
There's no such implication; IIoA and active lurking are an
old
scum strat that nobody uses anymore, not a newbtell.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:58 am

Post by Majiffy »

I would, but I'm already voting you.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:00 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 629, Belisarius wrote:
In post 627, Majiffy wrote:Implying we don't get new players daily?
There's no such implication; IIoA and active lurking are an
old
scum strat that nobody uses anymore, not a newbtell.
... Old scum strats aren't used commonly because site meta has made it non-viable.

Ergo those that don't know the site meta (newbs) are more likely to still use them.

Herp.

Herp derp.

Herp a derp derp.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:01 am

Post by Majiffy »

Hence why "newbtown" and "newbscum" are a thing, but "oldtown" and "oldscum" aren't.

||
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:07 am

Post by Belisarius »

In post 631, Majiffy wrote:Ergo those that don't know the site meta (newbs) are more likely to still use them.
In a world where "inexperience" equates to "spontaneously arriving at a site-specific strategy so old, they have buzzword names," perhaps.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:13 am

Post by Guyett »

You're still talking about game theory rather than scumhunt!
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:15 am

Post by The Grim Reaper »

In post 634, Guyett wrote:You're still talking about game theory rather than scumhunt!
Sorry on my phone
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:20 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 633, Belisarius wrote:
In post 631, Majiffy wrote:Ergo those that don't know the site meta (newbs) are more likely to still use them.
In a world where "inexperience" equates to "spontaneously arriving at a site-specific strategy so old, they have buzzword names," perhaps.
Site-specific strategy lol

Try "pretty common occurrence anywhere with mafia that we have a site-specific term for (and that term isn't even really very site-specific itself, either)".

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:21 am

Post by Majiffy »

||
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:22 am

Why can't we all just get along and lynch Paschendale?

Here's a story about scum, here me out!

It actually all started in the beautiful kingdom called Post , where the fair and noble King Grim noticed something strange was going on in his lands.
In street he had noticed a hooded figure, trying to attack MafiaSSK with a lie. This lie was that MafiaSSK was "masquerading", and used in a reply to an obviously innocent joke of Varsoon looking like scum in every game, that was the wrapper of the inconvenient truth that Varsoon did indeed look like scum. The hooded figure, realizing its mistake, dropped his attack when reaching alley number , but with which reasons? Apparently he found something laying in the gutter in , but to this day nobody knows what that was. The fact the perpetrator held on to the lie when last seen in post did not bode well for the future however.

But, King Grim realized this was only a minor infringement. There is no way Paschendale, as the hooded figure would come to be known, would get lynched over that. But at least it caught the King's attention.

On a stroll in the dark forest of , the King found something else he didn't like. He saw the same figure give some gameplay-criticism on one of the minions that the King had grown to like. This criticism came without any relevant follow-up, making the King weary as to the "why's" of this intervention. But that was not all that transpired in this dark forest. There were shouts coming from Paschendale that Splintered Cell and Lying Cat needed to be more serious. Especially Splintered Cell, having been at work in libraries and had already given a sufficient air of seriousness considering the gamestate at the time. Lying Cat on the other hand saw a wagon on Horizon . The fact that Paschendale joined this wagon rather opportunistically in station , despite its considerable speed at the time, made the King extremely wary.

The King was not an unreasonable man. He wanted to hear what this Paschendale-creature was up to. Maybe this had all been an unfortunate turn of circumstances? MAybe a misunderstanding. He decided to summon Paschendale, and to make him answer for these acts in his Kingdom by calling out his name. This summoning went without reaction. Maybe the creature had not heared? Or maybe he did not recognize the King's voice? The King tried again by climbing atop Tower , where he insisted on Paschendale to come forth.

And so he did. What a dreadful sight it was. In the marshes of the King first caught the creature's sent. Paschendale had been soiling the name of the King, by savagely waving around a piece of parchment written by the King, in times of joy and merriment that are also knowns as RVS. The waving of this parchment that had occurred here had made the King's nose curl up. In the process the creature had called for the mute and disabled, knows as "the lurkers", to be scrutinized. Everbody had forgotten that Paschendale himself is suspected to have lurker-blook in him, making this attack all the more gruesome. The scent carried him to a little pond , where Paschendale's words were written down in the barch of a tree. The words were written in a language that the King could not understand. Scumspeak. A viscious language clouded in double negatives, making heads spin in degrees that even owls could not possibly handle.

The confrontation occured in the creature's hideout . The Beast was surprised the King would thread here, and angry. He scolded the King for having been useless. His findings had been fantasy at best. He scolded the King for not accepting Paschendale as how he is and claimed the language he had written down was not scumspeak at all, but an accent of the suburbs that the King was not aware of. He accused the King of plain racism to all those speaking like this, he occused the King of simply preferring the noble citizen Lying Cat and that this fact was clouding his judgement, and threw the King out.

The King was dazed and confused. Had anything that he wanted to talk about really been addressed? He mulled it over in the Forest of Wisdom , and decided that, no, the creature had not at all given him what he wanted. In fact his suspicions had been heightened due to all the hostility the creature had shown him. He shouted to the trees, hoping to be heared by Paschendale as well, what is was that made the creature think so lowly of him, what had made him think that the King was giving Lying Cat a preferential treatment. Halas, those calls were never answered. He could hear a whisper in the depths of , but it was very faint and mostly irrelevant. It sounded like the howling of a child, asking for his mommy, as it felt so misunderstood. The King thought nothing of it and proceeded on path , while still hearing echoes of what the beast had earlier, repeating themselves in his head .

The rest of this story is even sadder. The King tried to contact the creature whenever he could. First he tried it in and , the bars where the creature used to hang out. The creature sent his secretary , informing everyone that he would be leaving the kingdom for a while.

Ever since his return in the Kingdom, Paschendale has been spotted by several, loitering about and continuing his scumspeak. In bar he tried to pick a fight with a drunk customer by twisting the latter's incoherent banter into something libelous. Luckily, the fight got dispersed rather effectively as the customer soon sobered up. On the square of town , Paschendale decided to discredit the fair King once again, out in the open. The King, after having made so many requests for a normal discussion, lost his temper and looked for comfort in the arms of . To no avail. Paschendale had disappeared among the crowd, seemingly oblivious to the King's sentiments.

LAter on the creature was spotted by some villagers. In the little alley behind bakery and the one right next to the butcher there were posters saying "THIS KINGDOM IS SHIT", that carried his signature. He was seen murmuring about with some beggars in park where he repeated his talk about mannerisms. But most villagers were astounded to see him, in full glory, which did not ammount to much, in the Kingdom's Theatre , where Paschendale was performing. There he portrayed the doubting yet sincere villager. There was a lot of booing. His performance was unremarkable and very unconvincing. Some people blamed it on his scumspeak, but his evil gaze silenced those whispers.

Some villagers are beginning to become suspicious, but it is obvious most of them are too scared (or too blind) to act.

It is up to the King to dispell this curse once and for all.

It ends here and now!

Come forth, you BEAST!

VOTE: Paschendale
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:23 am

Post by Majiffy »

tl;dr

||
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:24 am

In post 628, JKLM wrote:Aww no intent to hammer?

Come in guys, who packs the balls to put an intent down?
Yo, I got my story out, added a vote to add a little bit of oomph, but I'm discussing with my partner right now to see if this is a good idea. I'll be trying to sell to him the idea that we should state intent. Keep you posted.

GG
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:24 am

In post 639, Majiffy wrote:tl;dr
Doesn't matter, I probably had more fun writing it than any of you would have reading it.

But don't be fooled, it IS a case. And a damn good one.

GG
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:25 am

Post by Majiffy »

Ok.

||
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:26 am

Did you know I get paid for this?
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:32 am

Yeah so we're claiming intent to hammer. Claim please jkml
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:36 am

Post by Majiffy »

I wish I did.

||
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:38 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

Hi hi I am replacing... somebody. I am at work right now but reading on my breaks. I would like to give my thoughts before someone hammers as I don't yet know what has happened. Can you guys give me until like... 8pm EST tonight?

Be back then with reads and stuff.
Art is cool.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:47 am

Post by Paschendale »

1. I see no reason to lynch Varsoon. He really ought to explain his scumread on Grim, though.
2. Why is Grim obsessed with me? And why does he think that me not giving a shit what he has to say is a scumtell? I actually read his silly little story, and the only gripe he actually outlines is that I don't care that he's angry that I don't care. Now that he's written it up in a way that actually greatly obscures the actual truth of what's going on... I still don't care. This obsession and the weird manner he's expressing it in is making me question my townread on him.
3. Hi ETL! JKLM is at L-2. I don't think any other wagons are nearly as close.
4. Belis' 624 is kinda right. A lot of town players get lynched via those methods. I think that sort of thing has a place in a case, but shouldn't be the centerpiece.
5. JKLM is probably the best lynch, and hopefully once we have a flip, we'll be able to put day one's actions in context. As I've said, in more colorful terms, this has been a very messy day one. Full of yelling and randomness and people not paying attention and bad ideas.
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:08 am

Paschendale is like a big grey ball of goo. You throw arguments at him, but he does not react. He just absorbs them.

Aside for my little story, let me ask you (population minus Paschendale, as he does not care):
What added value has Paschendale provided? What actions of his have allowed you to secure a read on him?

He provides no reads, no cases, no questions, no arguments.

Just goo on the gamestate, some stuff about mannerisms that is not at all game-related, and what else?

JKLM is probably scum who's given up. Now seeing Paschendale, still ever so slightly, finally getting behind the idea does not sway me in any way. He sees his partner folded and decided to bus for at least a little bit of towncred.

I don't feel good about Paschendale pointing out this isn't actually an L-1, ruining an otherwise nice opportunity for an additional reaction test. It's also at odds with the image he portrays: he considers this game puke and is very aloof about it all, but he's keeping miticulous checks on the votecounts. Bleh.

If I wouldn't be here to keep mentioning him, I doubt anyone would even realize he's playing. Yet he has made over twenty posts. That in itself should ring alarm bells.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:16 am

Post by Majiffy »

Wow over twenty posts in a 26 page game amazing

||

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”