Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:53 am

Post by Maenara »

So Lora is town and cop and an idiot.

Excellent.

And Wake is still Wake, thus meriting a policy lynch, but we've already pulped that particular horse, so not even gonna go there (except I just did).

UNVOTE: Wake
In post 1544, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 1399, Maenara wrote:And Evil is still not cleared.
Since when was Evil cleared? I'm not following.
Point being that I'd said Evil needed pressure 'cause she'd promised reads and reading and whatnot late in D1 after a metric ton of lurking, and her few meagre posts D2 hadn't been enough to clear her of that. Also, so not buying the Doctor thing that RBD said; it anything, she was softclaiming cop with the "I have my reasons for Wake being town but totes won't be revealing them" crap (how would the doc even know that?), and seeing as we now
know
who the cop is, that makes it pretty clear that she's been scumming it up.

Oh, and she claims in her 23rd post - out of 1369 posts in the game - that she's not a lurker. Let's see, 1369 divided by 20, times I'm-studying-maths, divided by are-you-bloody-kidding, plus this-is-grade-school-level-come-on gives us an average posting rate of about fifty posts more than her. Now, granted, nobody should
be
at the level that Wake and Stål are, 'cause they've been threadcrapping and quadruple-posting, and 210 posts is just dumb, but I know for one that I've been less active than I really oughta, and I still have double her posts prior to posting this. So c'mon, don't claim you're not a lurker. Make excuses, sure, they might even be true, but don't flat-out lie, it doesn't suit
anyone

I want some analysis, or at the very least some thorough reads, from Evil. Right now. No more of this faking-it-'till-you-make-it bull. Lurkers are bad enough. Don't say you'll read up, then keep on lurking, then claim you're not lurking. That's just sad.

And we're back to
VOTE: Evil Regals
Now she's in purple, now she's the turtle~

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:56 am

Post by Maenara »

Oh, and

TOWN
Don
Anti
JMO
Stål
Rach
Aptil
Jacob
Albert
SCUM

leaving out the obvious. And Wake.

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:06 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

YEAH SCIENCE!
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:38 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Seriously because I have a pet beef with fake claiming. :roll:

Even though Loran did come clean I was willing to lynch Wake based on the fact that I thought we had a cop guilty. (which contradicts the statement oh well we know the scum knew) hmmm I really DID think Loran had a cop guilty and then he came clean, and I felt he had betrayed the trust of the town. So the case on me makes no sense. If I really was scum I would have been trying to push a lynch on Loran and say he was lying about being the cop to get him lynched or try to out the doc. So yeah anyways

I think very likely that Jacob could be scum. Something about him is not right and this is not his usual play that I have seen in other games. Still not totally convinced that ABR is town, and I could see a case for SK... It often takes me longer to sort out peeps who have been around a long time than the newbies.

But for now let us focus on Mafia...

VOTE: JacobSavage
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:38 pm

Post by Titus »

This out the doc theory has been out for awhile. Why the hell would a doctor out in a questionable cop scenario?

I don't like the lurker lynch trains. There's plenty of scummy players who have actually been posting.

Manera's list worries me. I don't think she's scum but that list is pretty much the active posters are town and the lurkers are scum.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:03 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE 24 POSTS IN A 64 PAGE GAME?
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:14 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 1581, jmo16mla wrote:HOW THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE 24 POSTS IN A 64 PAGE GAME?
content and posts don't always correlate, take Wake having about 4x the posts of the players who have produced more content than he has.

Also RM lurks as scum. Reliably. Couple that with her treatment of BP, she is a good bet.

Also bad access until Monday. I should be around but no promises until then.

Also I would be willing to lynch ABR for replacing an exceedingly scummy slot and then be willingly useless.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:11 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Is there a reason why you never respond to me, RBP?
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:23 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 1583, Brian Skies wrote:Is there a reason why you never respond to me, RBP?
Missed some of the posts and not having a whole lot of time right now

Anyways

Yes Manera is still on a short list for me but I like the reaction to the fake result
No I don't buy meta unless its on a player I know fairly well. Reading a game and experiencing a game are two very different things. RM is one of those I will use meta on because of the large amount of contact I have had with her over the years, I actually would not at all be shocked to see her in a top three most played with list. aptil and BP both completely ignore eachother though (aptil to BP entirely, BP to aptil with some passive defense early and then a "better them than me" vote). It could be a both scum situation and that would be nice to know, im not voting aptil today though.

As far as im concerned it one of RM, ABR, Sven today. Very much prefer one of the first two.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:57 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

In post 1540, Rainbowdash wrote:@Skull - I am still trying to forget that game, there is one game in over five years that was moderated more poorly. Its just the perfect example of "what not to do" over so many mod things, literally I have slowly been working on a "common mod error" type article for a long time and that game works as an example for nearly every single "never do this" thing.
Sorry if I brought up any unpleasant memories, but I felt I had to point it out. Your insistence that the Cop should step forward in this game looks alarmingly similar to your insistence that a massclaim was a good idea in Adventure Time Mafia. It puts me on edge and makes me think that you and Loran could be Scum buddies who devised the theory that I highlighted at the bottom of 1512.
In post 1543, jmo16mla wrote:Lorenth, you SHOULD NOT say who you targeted. The doctor will protect you and you'll live another day. Plus, it just tells scum who is innocent and that innocent person will be killed. We will keep this up for a day or so then reval everyone. Unless of course we get a guilty. But my plan is to follow the cop. As long as we keep our doc from claiming, we are all right.
You're overlooking something important: What if the Doc is just as suspicious of Loran as I am and ends up protecting someone else? If Loran really is the Cop, he
lied about his results.
He has given us no reason to trust him. But if he says that another player is innocent, maybe the Doc will be more inclined to protect that person instead. Or maybe Scum will kill that person instead of our "Cop" Loran.

If Loran claims who he investigated, that will leave not one, but two potential kills for Scum -- either of which could be blocked by the Doc. I don't know about you, but I approve of any course of action that keeps Scum guessing and improves their chances of being cock-blocked by the Doc. (Doc-blocked, you could say.)
In post 1551, Brian Skies wrote:I'm having trouble seeing scum trying to force a counter-wagon onto their partner. Maybe they are both scum and they decided they'd rather have BP, I don't know. But Aptil doesn't make sense as scum to me right now.
Eh, maybe it's more plausible than you think. If you were Scum and you had to choose between BoroPhil and Aptil, which one would you rather keep and which one would you rather throw under the bus? A team is only as strong as its weakest member.
In post 1556, Loranthaceae wrote:The pony is right. The information regarding the identity of the target of my check will be made available on a need-to-know basis. If said person is in danger of being lynched I will intervene.
See my response to jmo above.
In post 1556, Loranthaceae wrote:Wake might still be scum. He didn't provide any real material on Day1, I recall him asking for people to convince him more than actually giving reads + all the bullshit. I realize that Wake wasn't a very good target for my gambit, I initially wanted to direct it at ABR. Oh well.
In post 1556, Loranthaceae wrote:I still think we should lynch either Brian, Sven or ABR.. unless people actually want to lynch Wake, which I'd be down for. I'm just dying to know his alignment after all this bullcrapa which I take full responsibility for.
I'm still having a lot of trouble understanding exactly what the heck you were hoping to accomplish here, so please take me through your thought process. I don't believe you when you say that you only did it to get reactions. Wake was very close to being lynched. What if I had just hammered him instead of announcing my intention to do so? What if he had flipped Town? How would you have explained yourself tomorrow? Why would you -- our alleged Cop -- deliberately lie about an investigation and put yourself in such a dangerous situation? For "reactions"?

What were you
really
trying to do?
In post 1556, Loranthaceae wrote:About the Evil Regals supposed breadcrumbs, a doc doesn't need breadcrumbs so that post looks really weird.
A fair point. How do you interpret Evil Regals' 1180 then?
In post 1557, Svenskt Stål wrote:Also Loran, you should investigate me tonight if I survive lynch, no downside, either you catch scum on me or you can stop a likely day 3 misslynch. That has to be a good play.
Stop asking the Cop to investigate you. The Cop's main goal is to find Scum, not clear Town. If you're Town, you don't want the Cop to investigate you because finding Scum is much more important that confirming your innocence.
In post 1557, Svenskt Stål wrote:Skull is hard to pin. It feels like mostly question posting and no direction. My guess on SK, since people are doing it. Just a hunch, not someone i want to lynch.
Uh-huh. How is this any different from how I normally play?
In post 1562, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Yes, I had a strong feeling that Wake was town.
Who said that Wake was Town? Loran just said that he didn't investigate Wake. We still don't know Wake's alignment.

God, you are
so
Scum.
In post 1576, Maenara wrote:Point being that I'd said Evil needed pressure 'cause she'd promised reads and reading and whatnot late in D1 after a metric ton of lurking, and her few meagre posts D2 hadn't been enough to clear her of that. Also, so not buying the Doctor thing that RBD said; it anything, she was softclaiming cop with the "I have my reasons for Wake being town but totes won't be revealing them" crap (how would the doc even know that?), and seeing as we now know who the cop is, that makes it pretty clear that she's been scumming it up.
Where did she say that?

If Evil Regals is Scum pretending to be the Cop, what would she have to gain from employing such a strategy?
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:12 pm

Post by Maenara »

Didn't sleep this night either. Schedule is starting to become interesting. Contemplating buying & reading GURPS Zombies for maximum effect.

Lor is cop; if not, cop should counterclaim. If they do so, lynch Lor, but honestly, at this point, everyone's had their chance, so unlikely to happen. Assuming nobody counterclaims, doc protects Lor, no matter how inane the play, because Lor is confirmed cop, and not protecting that would be dumb as hell.

Nobody should beg to be investigated; we have an inv-immune SK, so a non-guilty just means "not faction-scum". Bragging about being investigated is dumb unless you want us to lynch you for being the SK.

Evil did this here scummy bull:
In post 1370, Evil Regals wrote:Also wake is town for reasons being withheld at the moment :P
which really makes no sense as anything but groupscum fakesoftclaiming cop.

YesPlease to the whole lynching Rach/Albert/Jacob deal (any given order) but we need Evil's whatever cleared up pronto.

Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:34 pm

Post by Svenskt Stål »

Evil, rach and aptil all need to get motivated by means of pliers and torch.

Titus, open invitation to start a dialogue that might sort out your view on me, or atleast some of it. So if you see some chance of me being town then I want to talk.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:57 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 2.07

JacobSavage - 3 - jmo16mla, Albert B. Rampage, RachMarie
RachMarie - 3 - don_johnson, Rainbowdash, Svenskt Stål
Albert B. Rampage - 2 - Skullduggery, aptil
Svenskt Stål - 2 - Brian Skies, Titus
Wake88 - 2 - Antihero, Evil Regals
Evil Regals - 1 - Maenara

Not Voting: JacobSavage, Wake88, Loranthaceae, uctriton00

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2013-11-03 15:55:36)
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:00 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Antihero has been prodded.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:37 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

JacobSavage is a decent bandwagon IMO.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:07 am

Post by aptil »

I just pulled up ABR's iso , he just looks so scummy . Get him today people .
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:14 am

Post by Loranthaceae »

In post 1553, jmo16mla wrote:
In post 1548, uctriton00 wrote:
Unvote
and will mull over a bit

Because heck it'd be hilarious if Wake and Loran were both scum and they came up with this gambit to both "town themselves up" in a way
That would be rather obvious if someone else claimed cop now wouldn't it?
If someone "claimed cop" or would actually be cop?

VOTE: jmo

You are scum testing the waters for fakeclaiming and I don't like it.
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:40 am

Post by Loranthaceae »

@Skull What if the person I checked is the doc? I don't see any advantages to that.

I thought I could use Wake's ego to my advantage and get him to claim scum.

Regarding people not trusting me, I sacrificed trust to try to get town another scum following my "unsuccessful" check by a) reaction testing my target and b) drawing a fake claim that I was confident in being able to combat credibility-wise.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:52 am

Post by Antihero »

I thought I wouldn't actually have to to any work today... UNVOTE:

still have to read because my motivation has been dead recently. unless i see something drastic, the likelihood of me voting anyone besides jmo at the end of it is pretty close to zero, though.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:17 am

Post by Maenara »

Dude, did you read anything other than the last two posts?

@Lora: as confCop, thoughts on Evil please.

Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:28 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 1595, Maenara wrote:Dude, did you read anything other than the last two posts?
totally, bro

because it's not like i was calling jmo scum Day 1 or anything...
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:25 am

Post by Wake1 »

I'm still unsure about Loranthaceae.

About 40%, considering no counterclaim.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:06 am

Post by Titus »

Stal, it is better for you to demonstrate town behavior and scumhunt. That will convince me. Questions might damn well result in tunnelling. Can you provide a scum game where you got lynched and a town game where you were mislynched?

Eww that post by Antihero gives me the creeps. If you haven't read, how can you be so sure on your vote?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:17 am

Post by Skullduggery »

In post 1586, Maenara wrote:Evil did this here scummy bull:
In post 1370, Evil Regals wrote:Also wake is town for reasons being withheld at the moment :P
which really makes no sense as anything but groupscum fakesoftclaiming cop.
Oh, I must have missed that. Hmmm.

Okay, Evil Regals, forget what I said earlier about not saying a goddamn thing. Start talking, sister. Do you intend to counter-claim Loran? If not, why did you leave Cop crumbs?
In post 1593, Loranthaceae wrote:@Skull What if the person I checked is the doc? I don't see any advantages to that.

I thought I could use Wake's ego to my advantage and get him to claim scum.

Regarding people not trusting me, I sacrificed trust to try to get town another scum following my "unsuccessful" check by a) reaction testing my target and b) drawing a fake claim that I was confident in being able to combat credibility-wise.
Sigh. I still think that this is a really reckless risk for a Cop to take. I'm not totally convinced that you're legit, but I'll roll with it for now.

If the Doc dies, will that be your cue to tell us your investigation results?

Return to “Completed Open Games”