TRG
TRG
Townie
TRG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:37 am

Post by TRG »

My reads so far (sorry for being all over the place but this is me thinking out loud here while my brain plays catch up)

Town:
Null Town: SecondEngineer (nervousness seemed genuine)
Null: Tigris, Drake Crusader, Not Science, Spaces, Nominull
Null Scum: JacobSavage
Scum: Montosh
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:55 am

Post by JacobSavage »

Really? Really? I've been busy.

TRG why the hell do you want to get a hammer on someone so quickly? I mean even if he wasn't a noob I wouldn't do it that fast, are you scum? You do seem to be voting your second scum read as it were

Montash looks scummy as well fuck,

look at all the ATE that he is giving in (Appeal to Emotion) #104 is like seriously the fact that he'd "probably lynch [himself] at this point" is scummy to the extreme. He's bascially making us feel bad for voting him. The fact that this will "move the game along" is like seriously bad. This is not townie behaviour at all.

BUT Then look at #89 by Second Engineer, it appears neverous but does it make him town. No, it almost feels as if his excuses for "playing defensively" is just trying to get away from his play so far..

Yeah so no
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:56 am

Post by Zaicon »

Vote Count 1.5

Montosh (2):
notscience, Nominull
TRG (1):
JacobSavage
notscience (1):
Montosh
JacobSavage (1):
TRG

No Vote (4):
Drake Crusader, SecondEngineer, Spaces, Tigris

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is Wednesday, October 30, at 3:30 PM CDT, which is in (expired on 2013-10-30 15:30:00).
TRG
TRG
Townie
TRG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:03 pm

Post by TRG »

@Jacob did you misread my post or something? I literally said the complete opposite (that we should wait since we have a lot of day left). I'd quote it but I'm phone posting. But in terms of me being scum make no mistake about it I'm town as fuck.

Looks like my vote got a nice chunck of a response out of you so I'd say mission accomplished.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:03 pm

Post by notscience »

JS lurks a fair amount, this is the best I've seen him.

Put your vote on actual scum please, one of Drake or Montash would be nice.

Why only 1 townread?
TRG
TRG
Townie
TRG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:10 pm

Post by TRG »

I'm very hesitant to label as obvtown at this point since I'm not really all that confident in my scum hunting abilities yet (this is only my 2nd Mafia game after all).

I'm gonna need to see more posts before I can make more confident reads.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:11 pm

Post by notscience »

I didn't ask for obvtown, I asked why you have only one townread
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:16 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

In post 121, TRG wrote:From what I've seen if Montosh wasn't a newbie I'd try to get a hammer on him asap, but the fact that he is makes me a bit hesitant to pile on his mistakes.
The clarification doesn't bother me its the fact that you even would consider hammering for what we've had so far is what worries me.
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:18 pm

Post by Tigris »

In post 98, TRG wrote:I apologize for my brief moment of inactivity guys... Sad to say but my 9 year old miniature dachshund died early Saturday morning.
My condolences, hope that you feel better.
In post 104, Montosh wrote:I then backed off when I realized that trying to pretend I knew what I was doing was voting to lynch a townie.
Explain please. Mostly curious about the use of townie without qualifying adjectives.

I would also ask for an explanation of why requesting nominull's assistance when you had FOSed him; however, think I might know the answer.

With three votes on, see little benefit to place a fourth as montosh is already reacting to pressure and others are talking. Especially as the deadline is next Wednesday (not saying that we need to talk until then; however, hurrying to a lynch will not be beneficial in later days). Not going to give a chance for a suicidal self-vote either.

Voting lurkers/people who are busy on the first day isn't always the best option, especially given how the rules have changed and multiple prods lead to replacement.

I do also find it slightly odd that montosh would tunnel on someone with limited suspicion on them. I keep coming back to one player in particular, but not certain if there is anything to it yet. Also, don't want to potentially cut short the discussions about montosh until he at least posts again, and perhaps not then either.
TRG
TRG
Townie
TRG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by TRG »

Need to see more posts. So far literally everyone's just been jumping all over that one dudes newbie mistakes. Nobody really sticks out as town to me as of yet.

Ravenpaw was my most likely town read at first but since you subbed in I took your slot back to null.

Secondengineer is also making newbie mistakes but sometimes I really do think they're just that... Newbie mistakes. But now that I read his posts again maybe I am being a little too lenient about letting him use the newbie card.

But all of these mistakes seem like the perfect opportunity for scum to hide behind so for now I'm just keeping my options open as opposed to tunelling.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by notscience »

I'm in no way saying to lynch him before you all realize he's scum.

But he needs to die.
Nominull
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:34 pm

Post by Nominull »

Townreads are nonsense. Scumreads are much more meaningful. I'm more worried about TRG only having two scumreads, one of which is nullscum. Where's your proper townie paranoia?
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:38 pm

Post by Montosh »

In post 133, Tigris wrote:
In post 104, Montosh wrote:I then backed off when I realized that trying to pretend I knew what I was doing was voting to lynch a townie.
Explain please. Mostly curious about the use of townie without qualifying adjectives.

I would also ask for an explanation of why requesting nominull's assistance when you had FOSed him; however, think I might know the answer.

Poor choice of words, i more meant to say no reason to think he's really scum, and not suspicious enough to really place pressure on.

I was asking Nom to post a bit concerning my FOS on him. I feel less convinced he's scum now, though notscience's eagerness to lynch still concern me, so i'm going to leave my vote on him for now.
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:41 pm

Post by Montosh »

In post 129, notscience wrote:JS lurks a fair amount, this is the best I've seen him.

Put your vote on
actual scum
please, one of
Drake or Montash
would be nice.

Why only 1 townread?
Could you please explain your reasoning to me?
TRG
TRG
Townie
TRG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:55 pm

Post by TRG »

In post 132, JacobSavage wrote:
In post 121, TRG wrote:From what I've seen if Montosh wasn't a newbie I'd try to get a hammer on him asap, but the fact that he is makes me a bit hesitant to pile on his mistakes.
The clarification doesn't bother me its the fact that you even would consider hammering for what we've had so far is what worries me.
In the very first mafia game I played we were able to lynch a Mafia goon early Day1 because one of the more experienced players kept tunneling in on scum tells that the IC was giving off. It taught me that when someone is giving off multiple scum reads you go after them without remorse. Only reason I'm giving Montosh a chance to redeem himself is because he's a newbie.

But now that I think about it I guess it does qualify as risky play since we could also end up lynching a townie early, which means less info for the town in Day2. So your concern is legitimate, and also gives me town vibes.
In post 133, Tigris wrote:
In post 98, TRG wrote:I apologize for my brief moment of inactivity guys... Sad to say but my 9 year old miniature dachshund died early Saturday morning.
My condolences, hope that you feel better.
He lived a good life I'm fine for the most part. :) But thanks!
In post 136, Nominull wrote:Townreads are nonsense. Scumreads are much more meaningful. I'm more worried about TRG only having two scumreads, one of which is nullscum. Where's your proper townie paranoia?
I've already answered this.
In post 134, TRG wrote:Need to see more posts. So far literally everyone's just been jumping all over that one dudes newbie mistakes. Nobody really sticks out as town to me as of yet.
Nobody has stuck out to me as scum either, which lead to my vote on Jacob for a bit of a reaction test.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:03 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 138, Montosh wrote:
In post 129, notscience wrote:JS lurks a fair amount, this is the best I've seen him.

Put your vote on
actual scum
please, one of
Drake or Montash
would be nice.

Why only 1 townread?
You are scum, Drake is your buddy.

What isn't to understand? You are scum given your L-1 vote and your reaction after being incredibly off, too quick to apologize.

Drake's stance re:you screams newbscum not knowing what to do with a caught scumbud
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:08 pm

Post by Montosh »

In post 140, notscience wrote:
In post 138, Montosh wrote:

Put your vote on
actual scum
please, one of
Drake or Montash
would be nice.

Why only 1 townread?
You are scum, Drake is your buddy.

What isn't to understand? You are scum given your L-1 vote and your reaction after being incredibly off, too quick to apologize.

Drake's stance re:you screams newbscum not knowing what to do with a caught scumbud
Please at least answer my question.

If I am lynched and you guys see i'm town, do ask him this question again, why he is so eager to take me out. I perhaps, may have screwed up enough to make myself look suspicious enough to lynch, but now you're trying to bring some random guy into this, this screams scum to me.
TRG
TRG
Townie
TRG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:17 pm

Post by TRG »

In post 141, Montosh wrote:but now you're trying to bring some random guy into this, this screams scum to me.
"Random guy" being me. I've already stated that you're my top scum read... Not sure why this matters.
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:22 pm

Post by Montosh »

Talking about Drake...
TRG
TRG
Townie
TRG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by TRG »

He claims that Drake could be your scum buddy based on his response how is that scummy behavior?
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:33 pm

Post by Montosh »

And yet he cites nothing.
TRG
TRG
Townie
TRG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:39 pm

Post by TRG »

In post 102, notscience wrote:
In post 101, Drake Crusader wrote:I get off for a night and this thread blows up! I still don't like second in the beginning however, I do believe his reason. Now I have to go over and look things over.
UNVOTE:
Since Second has quelled anything I had against him that leaves good ole Montosh. Didn't like you before. Still don't like you now! With your recent posts you could just be some scum who is trying to lynch off and confuse us with your short answers.
FOS:Montosh
I believe other than him my only other suspicion would be back at JacobSavage. He hasn't really thrown much in and it bothers me to think that he could be a potential buddy for Montosh.
I feel that I may have to look over some things. I shall report in when I find something new and exciting!
^Found his scumbud
This is the post you're having an issue with, correct? What was wrong with it exactly? Help me understand what is scummy about this post.
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:43 pm

Post by Montosh »

In post 146, TRG wrote:
In post 102, notscience wrote:
In post 101, Drake Crusader wrote:I get off for a night and this thread blows up! I still don't like second in the beginning however, I do believe his reason. Now I have to go over and look things over.
UNVOTE:
Since Second has quelled anything I had against him that leaves good ole Montosh. Didn't like you before. Still don't like you now! With your recent posts you could just be some scum who is trying to lynch off and confuse us with your short answers.
FOS:Montosh
I believe other than him my only other suspicion would be back at JacobSavage. He hasn't really thrown much in and it bothers me to think that he could be a potential buddy for Montosh.
I feel that I may have to look over some things. I shall report in when I find something new and exciting!
^Found his scumbud
This is the post you're having an issue with, correct? What was wrong with it exactly? Help me understand what is scummy about this post.
What's scummy about drake's post? He quotes it and then says, here's the scum. It's ridiculous, he's throwing around random accusations without even giving a reason. That's what's scummy about his post.
TRG
TRG
Townie
TRG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:54 pm

Post by TRG »

In post 147, Montosh wrote:What's scummy about drake's post? He quotes it and then says, here's the scum. It's ridiculous, he's throwing around random accusations without even giving a reason. That's what's scummy about his post.
Huh? His explanation is right here:
In post 140, notscience wrote:Drake's stance re:you screams newbscum not knowing what to do with a caught scumbud
TRG
TRG
Townie
TRG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:55 pm

Post by TRG »

So far your arguments don't really have any merit behind them as if you're just grasping at straws.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”