Newbie 1444 ~ Game Ovah ~ Mafia Win

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DaughterofLuthien
DaughterofLuthien
Townie
DaughterofLuthien
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:07 am

Post by DaughterofLuthien »

In post 21, Sakura Hana wrote:And why aren't you trying to make us think otherwise?
Because we're still in random voting and nobody has any information on anybody. The only thing you know about me is that I messed up a post - I've already given my side of the story and if you choose not to believe me, that's fine. Right now I'm not too worried about two people voting for me.

Also, if I was trying really hard to prove my innocence this early in the game, wouldn't that be more of an indicator that I
was
scum than otherwise?

Why did you decide to vote for me instead of picking someone else to randomly scope out?

@burn - Yeah, pretty sure computers can mess up. Sorry.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:09 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

So you're trying to dismiss the pressure on you just because it was RVS? I think we're working with quite some decent info already tbqh
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'm okay with lynching Burn now also.
Hopefully everyone else is a shining ray of ton energy. my sexy beard and manly voice can only take us so far.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 25, DaughterofLuthien wrote:Also, if I was trying really hard to prove my innocence this early in the game, wouldn't that be more of an indicator that I was scum than otherwise?
Would it?
Also, if you were scum, would you intentionally behave this way because *you* think it would make you look less like scum?
DaughterofLuthien
DaughterofLuthien
Townie
DaughterofLuthien
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:25 am

[url]http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=5402223#p5402223]post 28[/url]Thor665 wrote:Would it?
Also, if you were scum, would you intentionally behave this way because *you* think it would make you look less like scum?
Well, it's the whole Hamlet-"methinks the lady doth protest too much" principle. So it would seem logical. And maybe I would - it's never come up, so I'm not sure how I would react.

Also, neither Thor nor Sakura have answered my questions as to why they both decided to vote for me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:26 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

I'm sheeping thor wrt majiffy's flowchart, plus Thor's a strong player. And based from your reactions i'm liking my vote where it is so far.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:41 am

Post by burn_209 »

In post 27, Thor665 wrote:I'm okay with lynching Burn now also.
Hopefully everyone else is a shining ray of ton energy. my sexy beard and manly voice can only take us so far.
Okay with lynching someone a page and a half into the game. Thats careless and jumping the gun early in the game especially when you didnt give a reason as to why you are okay with it.
DaughterofLuthien wrote:
In post 21, Sakura Hana wrote:And why aren't you trying to make us think otherwise?
Because we're still in random voting and nobody has any information on anybody. The only thing you know about me is that I messed up a post - I've already given my side of the story and if you choose not to believe me, that's fine. Right now I'm not too worried about two people voting for me.

Also, if I was trying really hard to prove my innocence this early in the game,
wouldn't that be more of an indicator that I
was
scum than otherwise?

Why did you decide to vote for me instead of picking someone else to randomly scope out?

@burn - Yeah, pretty sure computers can mess up. Sorry.
Which is why I have my first town read of the game. I think you just didnt see it or didnt read the post which is shit that i do all the time. How you reacted is what I was really looking after.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:42 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

I think the fact that she thinks scum would do otherwise makes it sound more faked than genuine.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:47 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 29, DaughterofLuthien wrote:Also, neither Thor nor Sakura have answered my questions as to why they both decided to vote for me.
What reason do you think I had?
In post 31, burn_209 wrote:Okay with lynching someone a page and a half into the game. Thats careless and jumping the gun early in the game especially when you didnt give a reason as to why you are okay with it.
How is it "careless" of me to have people I'm willing to lynch.
Are you saying you currently have no one you'd be willing to lynch? If so, what are you doing even voting?
Also, you're sort of passive aggressive asking me my reasons without actually just asking me my reasons. That's weird.
In post 31, burn_209 wrote:Which is why I have my first town read of the game. I think you just didnt see it or didnt read the post which is Smurf that i do all the time. How you reacted is what I was really looking after.
Why does that make her a town read? Do scum's computers not mess up?
DaughterofLuthien
DaughterofLuthien
Townie
DaughterofLuthien
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:58 am

In post 33, Thor665 wrote:
In post 29, DaughterofLuthien wrote:Also, neither Thor nor Sakura have answered my questions as to why they both decided to vote for me.
What reason do you think I had?
In post 31, burn_209 wrote:Okay with lynching someone a page and a half into the game. Thats careless and jumping the gun early in the game especially when you didnt give a reason as to why you are okay with it.
Are you saying you currently have no one you'd be willing to lynch? If so, what are you doing even voting?
Also, you're sort of passive aggressive asking me my reasons without actually just asking me my reasons. That's weird.
Can't help but notice that you've been asking a lot of questions but not giving very many answers. I'd be willing to believe that your vote on me was completely random, but I'm a little puzzled as to why you won't just come out and say that. Also, I'd like to hear some of you reasoning behind thinking Burn is lynchable as well.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:14 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 34, DaughterofLuthien wrote:Can't help but notice that you've been asking a lot of questions but not giving very many answers.
With all due respect - the questions I've been asked are...only one, and it was kind of silly, and I asked the return question to you to try to understand where you were even coming from.
In post 34, DaughterofLuthien wrote:I'd be willing to believe that your vote on me was completely random, but I'm a little puzzled as to why you won't just come out and say that.
Why should I need to? At the time I voted I was literally the first vote and the reason I offered was because 'you are a girl'
Do I need to now clarify that this vote had no ulterior motives to it?
I *do* think you need to defend basically suggesting I did - I'm curious where you got that thought.
In post 34, DaughterofLuthien wrote:Also, I'd like to hear some of you reasoning behind thinking Burn is lynchable as well.
He has indicated scumtells without moving his random vote.
If he is serious about those scumtells, then he has every reason to move his vote.
If he is not, then I wonder why he's slinging mud without being willing to back it up.
Either way i am pretty happy with the idea of voting him.

What's your read on him and his odd defense of your slot?
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:21 am

Post by burn_209 »

I'm saying that I dont have enough information yet on page 2 to be "okay" with lynching anybody. When I lynch someone Im trying to hit scum, not cross my fingers and take a shot in the dark and hope I hit a bullseye. That is careless to me. I at least try to have an educated guess and have the opportunity to at least convince myself someone is scum before I lynch them.

Why am I voting? The same reason you voted someone. To get the ball rolling during the RVS. I just so happened to like Blonde's username and picked him.
Why does that make her a town read? Do scum's computers not mess up?
It was because of her reaction. She didn't force the issue and admitted to making a mistake and didnt get overly defensive. It just something that she did that in my mind shifts the odds of her being town even if it is a small amout like only 2%.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 36, burn_209 wrote:I'm saying that I dont have enough information yet on page 2 to be "okay" with lynching anybody.
That doesn't make it careless - that makes it a different speed that we decide upon a lynch...and, functionally, with your vote in play on someone you don't even think is scum that appears to make you more careless because at least I'm standing behind my vote. Am I missing something here?
In post 36, burn_209 wrote:When I lynch someone Im trying to hit scum, not cross my fingers and take a shot in the dark and hope I hit a bullseye. That is careless to me. I at least try to have an educated guess and have the opportunity to at least convince myself someone is scum before I lynch them.
So, you feel by me saying I'd be okay lynching you that I have locked myself into a belief system that i cannot change and you are taking issue with that?
In post 36, burn_209 wrote:Why am I voting? The same reason you voted someone. To get the ball rolling during the RVS. I just so happened to like Blonde's username and picked him.
But if Blonde isn't scum, aren't you now locked in with no ability to change your opinion - that's careless, yeah?
In post 36, burn_209 wrote:It was because of her reaction. She didn't force the issue and admitted to making a mistake and didnt get overly defensive. It just something that she did that in my mind shifts the odds of her being town even if it is a small amout like only 2%.
So...are you saying this is an incredibly weak town read you just voiced?
I mean, you're the one who announced it as a town read, all I'm trying to do is understand your logic - I currently understand your answer to be 'She seemed calm in addressing a non-aggressive attack while under minimal pressure, I take that level of calmness as some percent likely to be more common with town than scum'
Do I have that right?
And if so - how strong of a read is it, and should I even bother paying attention? And if it is so small, why did you feel the need to announce it?
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:43 am

Post by burn_209 »

That doesn't make it careless - that makes it a different speed that we decide upon a lynch...and, functionally, with your vote in play on someone you don't even think is scum that appears to make you more careless because at least I'm standing behind my vote. Am I missing something here?
I left my vote on him to see what his reaction was going to be when he does finally come to the thread. Thats what I was waiting on. I vote for him for the same reason you voted DoL. It was the RVS and you wanted to get the ball rolling and see what her reaction was going to be.

My vote is on Blonde but that doesnt necessarily mean I would be "okay" with lynching him. All I am trying to do by voting him is to attempt, and the key word is attempt, to apply pressure to him. Im trying to scumhunt and it seems like you dont like that.
So, you feel by me saying I'd be okay lynching you that I have locked myself into a belief system that i cannot change and you are taking issue with that?
No thats not what it is at all and you are putting words into my mouth right here. There is a difference between "I at least try" and "At least I try." What I'm am talking about right there is how I personally play and what needs to be in my thought process when I feel "okay" lynching someone. That has nothing to do with me thinking that you are locked into lynching the guy. I take issue that you are like "okay" with lynching someone, whether it be me or anyone else in the game, with so little info about them. Not that I think you are locked into a belief system that you can not change
So...are you saying this is an incredibly weak town read you just voiced?
I mean, you're the one who announced it as a town read, all I'm trying to do is understand your logic - I currently understand your answer to be 'She seemed calm in addressing a non-aggressive attack while under minimal pressure, I take that level of calmness as some percent likely to be more common with town than scum'
Do I have that right?
And if so - how strong of a read is it, and should I even bother paying attention? And if it is so small, why did you feel the need to announce it?
Yes I am saying it is an incredibly weak town read but it is still a town read. I guess a better way of putting it is that it is an attribute that I think a townie would posses. So in a way yes you are understanding correctly. I played mafia before with my CoD clan mates and have seen people get sketched out over than and get defensive and they flipped mafia.

It is a very weak town read and it could very well be wrong. I'm not saying I think she is town, I'm saying that she did something that I think a townie would do. Two different things. As for if you should pay attention to it that is your call. Im an active person in mafia. I announce everything. If I post it I can remember it later when I look through the thread. It shows me what I was thinking at the time and why I was. Think of it as a reference
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:44 am

Post by Malakittens »

Vote Count 1.01With 9 alive it's 5 votes to lynch.

Voting for:

*DaughterofLuthien - Thor665, Sakura Hana [2]
*Gale -
*Mr_Blonde - burn_209 [1]
*Putin -
*burn_209 -
*Antagon -
*talah -
*Sakura Hana -
*Thor665 - DaughterofLuthien [1]

Not voting: Gale, Mr_Blonde, Putin, Antagon, talah [5]

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2013-11-05 16:00:00)

Those who haven't picked up their role PM have 48 hours to confirm.
Last edited by Malakittens on Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:45 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 38, burn_209 wrote:All I am trying to do by voting him is to attempt, and the key word is attempt, to apply pressure to him.
:facepalm:

Your vote just lost all meaning from the momment you say your vote isnt because you think they are scum nor want them lynched and it's for mere pressure.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:10 pm

Post by burn_209 »

In post 40, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 38, burn_209 wrote:All I am trying to do by voting him is to attempt, and the key word is attempt, to apply pressure to him.
:facepalm:

Your vote just lost all meaning from the momment you say your vote isnt because you think they are scum nor want them lynched and it's for mere pressure.
I know it did as soon as I typed it. I have a hard time understanding how one of the more experienced players didnt see that.

Since it does no good any more i might as well UNVOTE: Blonde
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 38, burn_209 wrote:I left my vote on him to see what his reaction was going to be when he does finally come to the thread. Thats what I was waiting on. I vote for him for the same reason you voted DoL. It was the RVS and you wanted to get the ball rolling and see what her reaction was going to be.
Okay, and with that as a mental concept (and add in your later awareness that you state that I am not obligated to never change my mind *and* stated awareness that if you state that your read is just for pressure than it losses all purpose)

With all of that in your mind.

Explain to me again your issue with me saying I'm willing to lynch you.

I'll wait.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:36 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I'd also like to reaffirm willingness to lynch Burn.

Just saying.
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:06 pm

Post by burn_209 »

In post 42, Thor665 wrote:
In post 38, burn_209 wrote:I left my vote on him to see what his reaction was going to be when he does finally come to the thread. Thats what I was waiting on. I vote for him for the same reason you voted DoL. It was the RVS and you wanted to get the ball rolling and see what her reaction was going to be.
Okay, and with that as a mental concept (and add in your later awareness that you state that I am not obligated to never change my mind *and* stated awareness that if you state that your read is just for pressure than it losses all purpose)

With all of that in your mind.

Explain to me again your issue with me saying I'm willing to lynch you.

I'll wait.
I like you keep referencing me when the situation isnt about me. Its your willingness to be ok to lynch ANYONE on page 2. Could have been me, could have been DoL, could have been Sakura or anyone else in the game. For some reason you keep shifting it to me. Ill say it again, I think its careless to be fine with lynching ANYBODY this early in the game. I mean only 4 people have posted and some havent even confirmed.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:21 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 44, burn_209 wrote:I like you keep referencing me when the situation isnt about me.
Incorrect. You feel the situation is about me, and I feel it's about you. We're both arguably correct and it's silly to suggest otherwise.
In post 44, burn_209 wrote:Its your willingness to be ok to lynch ANYONE on page 2.
How many town reads am I supposed to have on Page 2?
In post 44, burn_209 wrote:Ill say it again, I think its careless to be fine with lynching ANYBODY this early in the game. I mean only 4 people have posted and some havent even confirmed.
Okay...
Are you going to answer my question now?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:22 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I'll even make it easier on you.

Unvote: DaughterofLuthien
Vote: Burn_209

Now we don't even need to talk theoreticals, we can talk my actual attempts to lynch you - because I want you dead. Via rope. To neck.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:24 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 45, Thor665 wrote:
In post 44, burn_209 wrote:Its your willingness to be ok to lynch ANYONE on page 2.
Also, reading it again, I realize how gakked up as an accusation this is.
I didn't even say I'd be down to lynch ANYONE.
I said I'd be down to lynch YOU.
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:08 pm

Post by burn_209 »

In post 44, burn_209 wrote:I like you keep referencing me when the situation isnt about me.
Incorrect. You feel the situation is about me, and I feel it's about you. We're both arguably correct and it's silly to suggest otherwise.
In post 44, burn_209 wrote:Ill say it again, I think its careless to be fine with lynching ANYBODY this early in the game. I mean only 4 people have posted and some havent even confirmed.
Okay...
Are you going to answer my question now?
how many times and different ways do it have to answer your question dude? lol is that your strategy to have someone repeat themselves so many times that they just bash their face into the monitor and give up? lol

Like I seriously dont know how or in what way I can answer your question in which you understand i guess.

Like you asking how many town reads you were supposed to have on Page 2. You are totally not understanding what I am saying and Im starting to think that it is on purpose. Im not willing to lynch anyone on page 2 because I dont have enough info and you are willing to lynch everyone on page 2 because you dont have enough info. That, right there, is the core of our debate and should answer any questions you may have.
Thor665 wrote:
Also, reading it again, I realize how gakked up as an accusation this is.
I didn't even say I'd be down to lynch ANYONE.
I said I'd be down to lynch YOU.
And you can determine that from the one maybe two posts I had? Well you just reaffirmed my whole argument about you being careless and jumping the gun because whether it is me or anyone else in the game you shouldn't be down to lynch someone two posts into the game and that has been my point all along. I literally dont know how to put this to you any other way

Ive answered your question multiple times and even tried to word it in multiple ways so that you would understand and I think you are choosing to just not understand it. Although I do like your "Via rope. To the neck" line. Its pretty clever :roll:
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:12 pm

Post by Malakittens »

^bump
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”