AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:35 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1170, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:I did until i had another beer and let my thoughts get loose. You talk too much. And i missed you town read on me. That makes you more suspicious, not less. -.-
Townreading you makes me suspicious because? Playing mafia not-sober is the swag way to play mafia.

You feel genuine. Your reads are fluid and you aren't afraid to state thoughts as you have them even if they don't have a very concrete conclusion.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:36 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ya I think the coffee I'm drinking is helping me wake the fuck up about Darthe's scumcard.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:37 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 1174, Darthe wrote:Until I started reading up more on mollie I thought we were referencing X.
Good post. :neutral:
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:42 pm

In post 1175, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 1170, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:I did until i had another beer and let my thoughts get loose. You talk too much. And i missed you town read on me. That makes you more suspicious, not less. -.-
Townreading you makes me suspicious because?
Because I know when I'm playing well and when I'm playing like a sack of scum. Anyone town reading me right now gives me pause.
Playing mafia not-sober is the swag way to play mafia.
It help me thinks creatively.
You feel genuine. Your reads are fluid and you aren't afraid to state thoughts as you have them even if they don't have a very concrete conclusion.
Art is cool.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:46 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1178, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Anyone town reading me right now gives me pause.
So anybody townreading you is too suspicious to be in your townlist? You should look into reasons for being put there rather than the act itself.

I hope you don't make a habit of reading people for this reason.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:50 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1137, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:pasch: I checked his ISO. My town read was mostly gut but I do like how he defended himself when grim was pushing him mid-day 1. Biggest issue here that knocked him from town to null is the fact that he opposed the JKLM lynch pretty vocally only to join it just to avoid "being a stick in the mud".
What do you think about his interactions with Grim? Him calling the slot town so aggressively pings me, but I don't really see them scum/scum.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:52 pm

Obviously I'm talking about the reasons one would town read me. It isnt the end all be all of a read but it makes me wonder if they knew it already.
Art is cool.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:54 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ok...well you weren't aware that I was townreading you and when you become aware of that you immediately say Im scummier for it. So it wasn't about the reasons?
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:00 pm

Well, i dont know. If pasch is scum, i could see grim as the partner, if you just isolate just those two but with darthe or thor, i dont think so. I think grim is more likely to be scum than pasch. Pasch's response seems offhanded, like he isnt worried about getting lynched. As scum, I think he would be more animated about it.

P-edit: what.. you're confusing me and I'm obviously too tired/drunk to explain properly. I'll answer in the morning.
Art is cool.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:05 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1183, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Well, i dont know. If pasch is scum, i could see grim as the partner, if you just isolate just those two but with darthe or thor, i dont think so.
Why not with Darthe or Thor? I see those are your top reads, so you really don't think Pasch can be scum with them and you have him as null? I'm curious why you think that.

Is this Pasch being calm read meta-related? I'll say he WAS notably different in shadows and lights where I was aggressively mislynching him. He was more abrasive and omgusy and was town. That game was multiball and I did really think he was scum in it though, lol. ( I was scum) ((with mastin as my hydra buddy >.>))
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:24 pm

Post by Antihero »

my head...

is not.. uhs....

very clear right now.

i will attempt a vote count. accuracy not guaranteed

neither is correct spelling, so if i misspell your name, feel free to shut the fuck up
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:32 pm

Post by Antihero »

Screw you guys, I'm going home!

-South Park

Yeah, that's the quote. THAT'S TI. screw everyone hwo doesn't like it.

Vote Count 2.3

AngryPidgeon - 2 (mastin2, flying beauties)
Darthe - 1 (EspeciallyTheLies)
Paschendale - 5 (Darthe, Majiffy, Lying Cat, The Grim Reaper, Thor665)
Thor665 - 2 (Paschendale, AngryPidgeon)

Not Voting: Belisarius

6 to lynch. Deadline is in (expired on 2013-11-05 13:23:03).
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:34 pm

Post by Antihero »

ughghghgh

my head is splittingingingngng open
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:38 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

OK, I knocked off work three hours early because I got some bad news. I'm using you guys as a behavioral trigger buffer, then I'm going to get so drunk that I cannot walk. You will forgive me if I wind up aggressive or otherwise offensive, and I apologize in advance if I give up halfway through and post a rant.

I'm going to start with pasch because pidgeon obviously cares what I have to say about him, and if I bail it will please me for him to be waiting unsatisfied.

Here are five reasons pasch is scum:
Spoiler: Why pasch needs to die
1. Mudslinging.

He spent day 1 looking for an easy mislynch. His serious votes day 1 were for: SSK/Beli, me, buck, and finally JKLM. What do all those votes have in common? Each was on a player who looked at the time like they couldn't or wouldn't defend themselves. Today, we've had a vote on varsoon, then an unvote when varsoon started arguing,
then a revote based on varsoon's actions once he had been replaced
. Now, Varsoon was scummy as shit. But why unvote when he started fighting back? And why are those reasons suddenly strong enough again as soon as Thor joins the game? Maybe because pasch's reasons for voting Thor
cannot be defended against
. No matter what Thor says, pasch can come back with "sorry bro, varsoon screwed your slot." It's a comfortable place to park his vote without having to do any work.

tl;dr pasch hit every wagon that looked easy on day 1, then immediately dived onto the easy wagon day 2. He's not looking for scum, he's looking for a wagon that will end in a lynch.

2. Keeping his options open.

If we look at pasch's expressed suspicions day 1, we meet me and splintered, then (in post 164) JKLM, Grim, Buck, Varsoon, and FNL, then Majiffy and Varsoon, then Grim again, Beli, Beauties, JKLM, darthe and buck. That's like, what, 11/13? I'm almost surprised to not see him FOS-ing himself in there. He keeps saying Grim is town, except when he's not saying that. The only consistent town read he has is AP.
The only consistent town read he has is AP.

conclusion: Pasch is not narrowing down to scum. He's keeping his options open, and keeping his support for any wagon plausible. Plus, delicious waffles.

3. His adorable townread on Grim.

Pasch's slapfight with Grim yesterday was very interesting. Of particular note are three things he did. First, he ignored grim's case. This is not particularly indicative, I do it all the time as both alignments. If a case sucks, I'm not going to waste time on it unless multiple dumb somebodies are getting dragged along. But when Grim pushed, pasch resorted to reductio ad absurdiam in his own defense. Note that he didn't try to explain himself first or defend the reasoning that was being attacked, he just dived straight into "your argument is too stupid to respond to." When pushed on this, rather than even acknowledge grim's points, he reduces them to semantics. When grim fell into the semantic-argument trap, pasch pushed that even harder before accusing grim of confirmation bias. Fun fact: confirmation bias on the part of an investigator cannot be reliably determined by the person being investigated, as they
also
suffer from inherent bias when examining the evidence. Additionally, confirmation bias as used here can be applied to any evidence, and confirmation bias does not imply that the case is unsound. I find the cry of "confirmation bias!" in self-defense to be incredibly scummy.

Finally, and most importantly, when Grim would not back down pasch declared him town and simply wrong. This has two notable benefits for scum: first, they can discredit the town player completely without attempting to get a universal townread lynched, and second, it allows them to defend that person without repercussion, even potentially resulting in towncred with their accuser's death.

result: Pasch's townread on grim appears to be based on Grim's scumread of him. Before grim was pushing him, pasch had him as an FOS (along with ~everyone else), but once it was clear that Grim wasn't going to be fallacied into submission, he suddenly listed him as town.

4. (the painkillers and whiskey I ingested are starting to do their thing, and the cello music I'm listening to is not helping much. I'm trying to stay coherent, bear with me) The Bitching

Pasch had a couple of posts yesterday complaining about how much he disliked that day phase. I've gone over most of that before, but it's still scummy. Particularly, instead of generating content and scumhunting, pasch has been playing extremely reactively, commenting on other people's points and defending himself only when absolutely necessary. I am sure that he found that a very boring way to play the game (hence whining), and such a conservative style points to a desire to play the night game at the expense of the day game, which is a scumtell. He displayed excitement when it was time to hammer because he wanted to get to night and he tried to stay out of the spotlight as much as possible during the day. He then opened today with (surprise!) a poorly justified sheep vote.

:. This reads indicative of scum to me. He wants to be analyzing the thread after the lynch so that he can make his night kill choice with complete information.

5. Repeated ad Lapidem
Pasch's actual arguments (of which there have been very few) have consisted almost entirely of various ad lapidem arguments. See: his argument for Thor as scum ( because obvscum) his argument against his lynch (because retarded) and his repeated assertion that I haven't done anything this game (because I want him lynched, apparently). This is easily the weakest of the arguments, but this suggests to me that pasch both doesn't have any legitimate argument on those points, and that he doesn't want his in-thread opinions scrutinized.

I'm spiraling hard, and unless I get much drunker much quicker I'm not going to make it to work tomorrow. Plus I need to talk to Jingle about AP, and I can't bear that right now. So I'm going to chemically induce amnesia, and I'll get to pidgeon tomorrow. Sorry AP.

-sthar8

p-edit as of posting, 1142 is the last thing I read, I think. I'll catch up on the rest later.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:17 am

Post by Belisarius »

Shitfire. Lots of pages since last time I was here.
In post 1011, Thor665 wrote:How many days are we supposed to wait before we can lynch?
Don't be fatuous, Jeffrey.

((Given the massive amount of content that has been posted since then, I'm now OK with a hammer))
Also - what is your alignment opinion (not timetable opinion) of the wagon and those on it?
Pasch - probscum
Darthe - probscum (and don't give me that shit about leading wagons; For all intents and purposes I led a wagon on a partner as scum in La Isla. Granted, I wasn't actually expecting it to go to lynch...)
Majiffy - Majiffy
Lying Cat - Town
Reaper - Town
Thor - ???
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Goon
The Grim Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:23 am

Post by The Grim Reaper »

Please hammer.
My covnersation with AP from last night should be looked into tomorrow by everyone, in detail. It's both enjoyable and useful, as it clearly points to AP being scum.

GG
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:54 am

Post by Majiffy »

Haven't read yet. Don't hammer please. Be on in a few hrs
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:29 am

:/ LC's case is pretty revealing. Points 1 and 2 ring truest for me based on what I've read. Though if he is scum do you really think scum would keep their buddy at a solid town read the entire time? I guess I'm not entirely sure how that alone points to AP. Can you expand on #3 a bit more? How is town reading your accuser incriminating? Why is claiming he is conf biased scummy?
Art is cool.
flying beauties
flying beauties
Goon
flying beauties
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:24 am

Post by flying beauties »

In post 1191, Majiffy wrote:Haven't read yet. Don't hammer please. Be on in a few hrs
oh thank god now I don't have to worry about you anymore
flying beauties
flying beauties
Goon
flying beauties
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:26 am

Post by flying beauties »

In post 1171, Thor665 wrote:I love Mollie even though I cannot always understand her and it frustrates me to no end.
thanks thor I love you too! Image
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:51 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 181, Fear and Loading wrote:My own suspicions fall on Paschendale and SS for inconsistencies surrounding their LC votes. I'll outline them late when I'm not phoneposting.

My gut also dislikes MafiaSSK'S vote and unvote of LC and I'm facing a gut/head conflict over AngryPidgeon.
Ah, Quilford. I don't have extensive experience with him...but I'm fairly certain he's the town MVP for this game, here. And that this post is directly responsible for his demise.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:54 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 188, AngryPidgeon wrote:Elaborate on why I am?
Let's just say that defaulting to scum is a fairly safe assumption all things considered. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:56 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 195, Darthe wrote:What makes you feel singled out by this?

In any case, it's not a tell, just your posting style. It also makes you interesting/fun to play with which probably explains the plethora of scummie nominations. Here are some examples below of how you either make statements that are far from null but don't reveal anything, have really sensible but near intangible (outside of the context of the conversation) meanings, or are simply stated differently than most would.
By the way, Darthe's totally town. I know it doesn't show very well, but he is.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:58 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 202, Antihero wrote:Paschendale - 3 (Majiffy, Lying Cat, The Grim Reaper)
All these names actually look surprisingly good.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:01 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 205, AngryPidgeon wrote:(sort atown)
More like sort anoob, eh? Eh?

... :P

<3 Jiffy (and SSK).
My academy.
Agnigi

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”