Newbie 1444 ~ Game Ovah ~ Mafia Win

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 99, zipperflesh wrote:Can we get him to L-1 by the time he returns from v/la?
*her

And i'd welcome it
Before i went V/LA , I was in another game on LyLo and since i was conftown due to cop inno i was pretty much the guiding beacon of everyone so I put most of my efforts there, now that it's over I can put more effort here, however that will be when i'm out of V/LA and being at L-1 will surely help motivate me in here.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:35 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Vote Count 1.04With 9 alive it's 5 votes to lynch

Voting for:

*DaughterofLuthien - Sakura Hana [1]
*Gale -
*Mr_Blonde -
*Zipperflesh -
*burn_209 - Thor665, Mr_Blonde, Antagon [3] [L-2]
*Antagon -
*talah -
*Sakura Hana - talah, Zipperflesh [2]
*Thor665 - DaughterofLuthien [1]

Not voting: Gale, burn_209 [2]

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2013-11-05 16:00:00)
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:26 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Mod - can we get a prod on both Mr. Blonde and DaughterofLuthien please?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:27 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Zipper - I'm excited that you are pushing on Sakura. That said, what are your more general thoughts on the game and/or specific opinions of things in the game?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:40 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 102, Thor665 wrote:
@Mod - can we get a prod on both Mr. Blonde and DaughterofLuthien please?
Done. They hit their 72 hour mark when I was sleeping.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:50 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Gale
@Burn

We have ten days left - when are you planning to get a vote in play?
Hint: you want to put someone to L-1 and get a claim *before* the last day, y'know, in case you want to change your mind after the claim and lynch someone else.
zipperflesh
zipperflesh
Goon
zipperflesh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:08 am

Post by zipperflesh »

Page 1 thoughts
In post 4, Sakura Hana wrote:/confirm

Hi Antagon, Hi Thor, Hi Talah, nice to play with people I know
Can you elaborate on your past experiences with these players, and why say hi to Antagon first?
In post 5, talah wrote:/confirm

Hi there Sakura!
Highly unlikely you and Sakura are scum mates, however, either of you could still be part of a different scum team.
In post 20, DaughterofLuthien wrote:
Sakura Hana wrote:Bad excuse, there's this thing that alerts you of new posts when you press submit and allows you to edit it in light of those posts called P-Edit, you know.
Yeahhh, I know. And I don't have any excuse as to why it didn't notify me, other than it was just one of those weird computer mistake things.

And yes, I know that I'm not doing myself any favors here, and you are fully entitled to keep thinking I might be scummy. Though, you should be glad that it didn't tell me, since that means I'm not voting for you at the moment...
#1 Its happened to me before, rarely, but I have seen the p edit screen fail to alert you of recent posts.
# 2 Why would you have voted for Sakura over Thor?
In post 23, burn_209 wrote:
In post 18, DaughterofLuthien wrote:@Thor - Honestly, I didn't refresh the page before posting, so I didn't see Sakura's post. If I had, I probably would have voted for her instead. But I'm going to keep my vote the same for now, since you guys are both still voting for me.

Mind if I ask why you picked me for you random vote, Thor?
Like Sakura said this is a bad excuse as they notify you if new posts have been posted when you hit submit....and like my mom always says "computers dont make mistakes"
you obviously haven't had the honor of using windows xp...

How can you conclude that DoLs computer/os/browser didnt have glitch of some sort?
In post 24, Sakura Hana wrote:Only time i know of it not happening is when there's a new page, but this wasn't the case.
I'm starting to feel like you're pushing this angle a bit too hard.
Retired GM of Px2 - It's like a book club, but with bullets.

“If Passion drives, let Reason hold the Reins.” - Ben Franklin
zipperflesh
zipperflesh
Goon
zipperflesh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:56 am

Post by zipperflesh »

Page 2
In post 27, Thor665 wrote:I'm okay with lynching Burn now also.
Hopefully everyone else is a shining ray of ton energy. my sexy beard and manly voice can only take us so far.
Reasoning?
In post 33, Thor665 wrote:
In post 29, DaughterofLuthien wrote:Also, neither Thor nor Sakura have answered my questions as to why they both decided to vote for me.
What reason do you think I had?
In post 31, burn_209 wrote:Okay with lynching someone a page and a half into the game. Thats careless and jumping the gun early in the game especially when you didnt give a reason as to why you are okay with it.
How is it "careless" of me to have people I'm willing to lynch.
Are you saying you currently have no one you'd be willing to lynch? If so, what are you doing even voting?
Also, you're sort of passive aggressive asking me my reasons without actually just asking me my reasons. That's weird.
In post 31, burn_209 wrote:Which is why I have my first town read of the game. I think you just didnt see it or didnt read the post which is Smurf that i do all the time. How you reacted is what I was really looking after.
Why does that make her a town read? Do scum's computers not mess up?
And you're answering questions with questions instead of just giving a straight answer.
In post 40, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 38, burn_209 wrote:All I am trying to do by voting him is to attempt, and the key word is attempt, to apply pressure to him.
:facepalm:

Your vote just lost all meaning from the momment you say your vote isnt because you think they are scum nor want them lynched and it's for mere pressure.
So the reason of RVS is not to pressure people into making reactions :roll: What does it matter if one states their vote is just for pressure, when that's the whole point of RVS?
In post 41, burn_209 wrote:
In post 40, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 38, burn_209 wrote:All I am trying to do by voting him is to attempt, and the key word is attempt, to apply pressure to him.
:facepalm:

Your vote just lost all meaning from the momment you say your vote isnt because you think they are scum nor want them lynched and it's for mere pressure.
I know it did as soon as I typed it. I have a hard time understanding how one of the more experienced players didnt see that.

Since it does no good any more i might as well UNVOTE: Blonde
unvote. Vote:burn

So you suddenly back off your votes just because you get a little heat.... Newb scum mistakes 101 right there. Thor's right, a rope 'round yer neck sounds real good at this point.

zipperflesh
zipperflesh
Goon
zipperflesh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:07 am

Post by zipperflesh »

That's L-1 by the way.

zipperflesh
zipperflesh
Goon
zipperflesh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:17 am

Post by zipperflesh »

In post 51, DaughterofLuthien wrote:
In post 35, Thor665 wrote:
In post 34, DaughterofLuthien wrote:Can't help but notice that you've been asking a lot of questions but not giving very many answers.
With all due respect - the questions I've been asked are...only one, and it was kind of silly, and I asked the return question to you to try to understand where you were even coming from.
In post 34, DaughterofLuthien wrote:I'd be willing to believe that your vote on me was completely random, but I'm a little puzzled as to why you won't just come out and say that.
Why should I need to? At the time I voted I was literally the first vote and the reason I offered was because 'you are a girl'
Do I need to now clarify that this vote had no ulterior motives to it?
I *do* think you need to defend basically suggesting I did - I'm curious where you got that thought.
In post 34, DaughterofLuthien wrote:Also, I'd like to hear some of you reasoning behind thinking Burn is lynchable as well.
He has indicated scumtells without moving his random vote.
If he is serious about those scumtells, then he has every reason to move his vote.
If he is not, then I wonder why he's slinging mud without being willing to back it up.
Either way i am pretty happy with the idea of voting him.

What's your read on him and his odd defense of your slot?
Actually, at the time you posted this, you had really been asked two questions: I asked why you picked me for RVS and Burn asked (in a roundabout way, yes, but it was obvious he wanted to know) why you thought he was scummy, and I asked why you though. Even if mine was a stupid question, you still chose to ignore it. And you called Burn out for asking in a roundabout way, but didn't bother answering the question. Anyway, it's not so much the specifics of the questions, but the fact that you had been - and still are, to some extent - asking for clarifications and motives from everyone, then turning and tossing around accusations without offering any explanations of your own. I get not sharing reads with the other players right away, but once you say you think someone is scummy, I don't get not sharing your reasons for it.

There still 13 days left before the day is over. Even if Burn thinks that someone seems a little scummy, unless something changes with how the votes stand he has plenty of time to watch them and come to a more definite decision. He hasn't even said who he thinks is scummy, so I'm not even you can call that mudslinging. It's at best flicking a little dirt into the air.

As for my read on him, he's seemed fairly reasonable and logical so far, though he did get a little defensive after switched your vote to him. Though you haven't seemed so level-headed yourself, so I'm not gonna make any definite reads at this point, I don't think, not until I'm more sure. I tend to prefer the watch-and-wait method.
In post 53, Sakura Hana wrote:Half-Yes, but the thing is that you say it's just for pressure, then it loses it's effect, since your intended target wont react to the pressure like they should.
In post 55, talah wrote:Whoa, that's some nice levels of posting.

I'll be back after work to check things out properly (have been skimming) but for now I'm not so interested in voting either of Thor or burn on the vibe of their back and forth.*

Sakura - what made you sheep Thor's vote, way back when? I'm wondering if it was because Thor has a tendency to attack those who don't wagon early. So maybe you were avoiding drawing attention to yourself.

*subject to actually reading. all rights reserved.

(back in a few hours!)
In post 61, Antagon wrote:
In post 57, Mr_Blonde wrote: I'm confused at how to work the multi-quote option on this site. Someone explain?
Clicking the quote button allows you to copy that person's post in the preview screen, but it only allows you to quote one post at a time. Using the multi-quote option allows you to copy multiple posts without having to copy and paste each one.
If I couldn't explain it correctly, preview some multi-quoted posts for yourself.

In post 31, burn_209 wrote:
DaughterofLuthien wrote:
In post 21, Sakura Hana wrote:And why aren't you trying to make us think otherwise?
Because we're still in random voting and nobody has any information on anybody. The only thing you know about me is that I messed up a post - I've already given my side of the story and if you choose not to believe me, that's fine. Right now I'm not too worried about two people voting for me.

Also, if I was trying really hard to prove my innocence this early in the game,
wouldn't that be more of an indicator that I
was
scum than otherwise?

Why did you decide to vote for me instead of picking someone else to randomly scope out?

@burn - Yeah, pretty sure computers can mess up. Sorry.
Which is why I have my first town read of the game. I think you just didnt see it or didnt read the post which is shit that i do all the time. How you reacted is what I was really looking after.
I'm running on so little sleep right now, but I don't like burn's early town read. I'm pretty sure that the reasons why have been already hashed out by Thor, but I don't really think that defending or not defending yourself in RVS is alignment-indicative, especially since the whole point of RVS to create wagons to look and analyze people's reactions.
VOTE: burn_209
In post 65, Gale wrote:EBWOP... again

I'm sorry you all ^^; :facepalm: I didn't realize I was putting him at an L-1 and I think that's bad or something. You can probably see the newbie dripping off me.

UNVOTE: Burn

Antagon
Antagon
Goon
Antagon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:26 am

Post by Antagon »

Zipperflesh, quick question: Why did you quote all of the burn votes?
"Why are you crying?"
"I'm crying because I'm stupid!"
"That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For instance, I cry because other people are stupid and that makes me sad." -
The Big Bang Theory
zipperflesh
zipperflesh
Goon
zipperflesh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:28 am

Post by zipperflesh »

Oops... Hit submit instead of reply. I'll do it this way then...

@DoL: QFT on your first paragraph regarding Thor's question avoidance
@sakura: Maybe if we weren't on day 1, when just about every vote is a pressure vote.
@talah: I don't like blanket statements like your first post.
@antagon: I read that post as "hur dur I a sheep Thor like everyone else" when you analyze people's reactions aren't you looking at how they defend/don't defend themselves from the wagons against them?

zipperflesh
zipperflesh
Goon
zipperflesh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:32 am

Post by zipperflesh »

In post 110, Antagon wrote:Zipperflesh, quick question: Why did you quote all of the burn votes?
I hit submit instead of reply when I was multi quoting the posts I wanted to reply to from page 3.

zipperflesh
zipperflesh
Goon
zipperflesh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:34 am

Post by zipperflesh »

@gala: that was either a well played scum move, or you sir are town IMHO

zipperflesh
zipperflesh
Goon
zipperflesh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:55 am

Post by zipperflesh »

In post 75, Antagon wrote:
In post 66, talah wrote:VOTE: Sakura Hana

If you were sheeping Thor for legit reasons and now have a scumread on burns, why are you still voting Daughter, and more importantly, what do you think about Blonde and Antagon's votes on burns - which actually put him at L-2? Do you think Thor's arguments for burns-scum were remarkably convincing? And if so which parts do you agree with, or not completely align with?

And the vote's also for pressure.
Huh. I would think that votes solely for pressuring purposes shouldn't be announced as such. People usually try to explain their actions when there is an actual chance that someone is trying to lynch them. Just my opinion, though.
In post 69, Gale wrote:I apologize, I was extremely tired last night at a very late hour and obviously wasn't thinking very clearly. Both he and DaughterofLuthien seemed very defensive at a part of the game it didn't seem as though they had much to be defensive about, but now I also think that Sakura and Thor by the same logic should be just as "scummy" since they're also taking things much to far (in my newbie opinion) for an RVS game. Thus I'll refrain from voting at all until I have a clearer view of who actually is scummy since not all four of them can be.
I disagree. When there's no real information to start off with, being aggressive is the best way to get out of RVS and get people on serious discussion. Therefore, Sakura and Thor get at least some town points for attempting to get us out of RVS, but that doesn't mean that they're town.
This is a very wishy-washy read, Thor and Sakura are acting townie, but they could still be scum. Could you be a little clearer on your reads on both these guys please.

Btw, you are my second choice for a lynch today, closely followed by Sakura.
In post 78, talah wrote:
In post 77, Gale wrote:Oh, so RVS is a misnomer then? Because I assumed that since it was Random Voting we weren't really supposed to have reasons yet. To be honest I sheeped on whoever had the most so we could move on to the next stage of the game. I retracted all votes because I thought it was a dangerous position to put someone who could very well be town. I realized you all were actually looking for some sort of evidence of something and it wasn't actually random. I thought my sheeping wouldn't help anything.
--Not exactly a misnomer as there's a point at some stage into Day 1 where enough discussion and enough of the right kind of interactions have been had that true scumhunting based on players' motivations begins. I've seen RVS effectively end by the end of page one before, no problem. People have different personalities so the way they will try to push a game out of RVS differs.
In newbie games players can be out of sync as to whether RVS is still happening or not too :)
In post 75, Antagon wrote:Huh. I would think that votes solely for pressuring purposes shouldn't be announced as such. People usually try to explain their actions when there is an actual chance that someone is trying to lynch them. Just my opinion, though.
I think scum can sometimes freak out when they see it coming and you blatantly announce the vote is for pressure.
But why would you think my vote is "solely for pressuring purposes" when I provided Sakura with a paragraph of questions before saying it was
also
for pressure?
In post 68, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 66, talah wrote:I quite like Daughter's Post 51 for a natural response to the situation, too.
I disagree, it looked pretty fake to me
In post 66, talah wrote:If you were sheeping Thor for legit reasons and now have a scumread on burns, why are you still voting Daughter
My scumread on Daughter is higher.
In post 66, talah wrote:what do you think about Blonde and Antagon's votes on burns
They are good votes, tho they'd be better if they were on daughter.
In post 66, talah wrote:Do you think Thor's arguments for burns-scum were remarkably convincing? And if so which parts do you agree with, or not completely align with?
Yes, the discrepancies within the way Burns's words arent matching his actions.
In post 66, talah wrote:And the vote's also for pressure.
Why thank you
In post 66, talah wrote:please comment on Gale's vote as well.
It feels awkward that Gale retired the vote right after noticing it was an L-1 vote.
I don't think I've seen you wall before ;D

1) What makes you feel Post 51 is fake? To me the post has an accusatory tone to it, and is challenging Thor of all people which would probably be a bad move if he's town and Daughter's scum. There's a fairly natural flow to the posting too - so from a tenuous standpoint of early judgements I'd say that either Daughter and Thor are both scum, or Daughter's town.

2) I don't know what your scumread on Daughter is about (nor really your scumread on burn) but she doesn't seem at all pressured by your vote if that's what you're getting at.

3) Okay I guess I can accept that. I thought it was a bit weird that Antagon assumes Thor has done the legwork for him. Blonde's looks pretty good.

4) I think the argument is his words aren't matching his thought processes, not sure if that's what you meant.

5) You're most welcome. Shall I spruik some more pressure <3 my early scumreads are traditionally pretty good...

6) Yeah it did feel awkward and I'm not sure if it's the awkward of newbie town or newbie scum or slightly less than newbie scum trying to look like newbie town. Tending newbie town at this point, I think.

In post 67, Thor665 wrote:Oh, snap, sarcasm! This will be the start of a beautiful friendship...or I will out sarcasm you and there will be an eternal divide. 50/50 it seems.
Interesting, I didn't know that particular word was a Smurfable offense.
I can lay some clangers down at times, but that particular assessment was plump with sincerity. I'm more acerbic than sarcastic.
In post 67, Thor665 wrote:Okay, but...I'm actually confused as to your inability to see where I was getting at considering you think his 'brain to paper' reaction is all swell (and, indeed, that's the crux of his defense) Allow me to spell it out even more slowly.
We-ell.. it's the crux of his towniness as I see it, and if he happens to be scum yeah it could be a tactic. However I'm thinking he believes what he's saying and am quite delighted in the meantime that you're scumhunting on him, and that he's become a focus for discussion for others. Everyone has an opinion on burns, as the old saying goes.
In post 67, Thor665 wrote:1. He understands that reads can change and are not set in stone.
2. He understands that pressure reads exist.
3. He understands that pressuring people is a pro-town thing.
4. He used an answer that you liked that can be summed up as "because it's what I thought, so I shared it with people!"
5. He had no issue with my pressure on Daughter

and...

He thought it was sloppy and bad of me to announce that I'd be willing to lynch him.
If not the subtlety, I got the gist the first time around. I just disagree at this point and can think of at least a couple of logical reasons and many variants as to why this mightn't be all that relevant to his alignment (none of which I will bother to supply). I don't have a problem with the assessment that a contradiction exists in principle, but the way the conversation came about makes me think it's not a scumtell for burn.
In post 67, Thor665 wrote:That made me curious.
Why do you think it is so kosher?
There are a couple of other considerations in my mind - he's posting fairly prolifically and seems to be addressing your points but not kow-towing. Happy with my read as it stands.

---

Daughter
- why are you still sitting on an RVS vote?

Gale
- how do you feel about voting Sakura, for the time being, rather than voting noone?

burn
- same to you; your vote is not being used and Sakura has thanked me for pressure, therefore theoretically more pressure would result in further accolades.

Putin
- Hi!
I don't like how you give Sakura a pass for her non-thoughts on Antagon and Blondes votes for burn. I want to know a little bit more about how you both feel about those votes and the reasoning behind them.
In post 96, Thor665 wrote:My eyes keep glazing as I look at this.
Eh, quick gut opinions;

Burn remains a good lynch.
I agree with the pseudo point about how queit Sakura is being, she should start shouting out some more reads. i think the point raised about the lack of her push on Daughter is very strong, I'm going to move both Daughter and Gale towards town for that, Gale being moved is amazing because I literally hate the entire rest of that post and find it rather scummy, but the one good kernal is there and it feels legit.
Talah's post tastes like wet cardboard seasoned with scraps of paper - it is bland and mushy and I shift her scummier for it...eh...I'll even say less scummy than Sakura, but it's by such a mushy nothing of degrees I'd happily flip-flop on it at the drop of a hat.
And have I mentioned that Burn remains a good lynch?
Yes?
Good, i'd like to do so again now.
Despite Thor's earlier caginess, which I'll attribute to his general personality, I'd say given his current reads and reasoning make him look rather good.

*throws Thor a pair of town pants*

talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:44 pm

Post by talah »

In post 110, Antagon wrote:Zipperflesh, quick question: Why did you quote all of the burn votes?
What's the point of this question - as in how does it help you determine anyone's alignment?

Zipper - I thought that pushing too hard might give Sakura an excuse to get frustrated, so I throttled back on the last couple of questions. Also saying they'd be better on Luthien matches her supposed push, however, I'm still waiting on the push itself, and Sakura hasn't commented on anything in Post 78 yet.
Gale
Gale
Townie
Gale
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:13 pm

Post by Gale »

I want to withhold voting until I see Sakura's reaction post.

I am willing to lynch Sakura or Burn at this point.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:19 pm

Post by talah »

In post 116, Gale wrote:I want to withhold voting until I see Sakura's reaction post.

So... you don't want to vote Sakura in the meantime?

That's a bit of a pet peeve of mine - unused votes. At the very least you could be voting your second or third scumread, or someone you want to get a read on. I actually see it as scummy because scum sometimes don't want to draw any heat by voting town who will question them. So they wait until their vote can be used for an easy lynch or a legit-looking quickhammer and otherwise abstain.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:27 pm

Post by talah »

In post 111, zipperflesh wrote:@talah: I don't like blanket statements like your first post.
I don't like mega-quote walls with tiny opinion pieces at the bottom of each massive quote-block.
Each to their own I guess.

Obviously my first post wasn't a compound-blanket-statement, so which bits of it didn't you like?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:16 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 116, Gale wrote:I want to withhold voting until I see Sakura's reaction post.

1. Why, what will it change?

2. Why not vote Sakura then to add pressure to her to get a response from her? Especially if you're willing to take it all the way to lynch?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:18 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'll also say that if Zipper is scum he's tightened up his scum game from the last time we played.
...though I will admit that was...what, about a year ago or so?
So I do think he's capable of having become better since then. We'll call it a slight town lean for now, his reads feel organic enough for me to buy them.
zipperflesh
zipperflesh
Goon
zipperflesh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:16 am

Post by zipperflesh »

In post 118, talah wrote:
In post 111, zipperflesh wrote:@talah: I don't like blanket statements like your first post.
I don't like mega-quote walls with tiny opinion pieces at the bottom of each massive quote-block.
Each to their own I guess.

Obviously my first post wasn't a compound-blanket-statement, so which bits of it didn't you like?
That was supposed to read first sentence, not first post. Specifically, I was talking about the posting level comment. Statements like that always come across as scum trying to look productive to me.

Antagon
Antagon
Goon
Antagon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:46 pm

Post by Antagon »

In post 115, talah wrote:
What's the point of this question - as in how does it help you determine anyone's alignment?

Zipper - I thought that pushing too hard might give Sakura an excuse to get frustrated, so I throttled back on the last couple of questions. Also saying they'd be better on Luthien matches her supposed push, however, I'm still waiting on the push itself, and Sakura hasn't commented on anything in Post 78 yet.
I didn't have a good connection before, so I didn't notice his reply to my post. I dislike when people post quotes for a reason without some explanation and expect someone else to analyze them for themselves.
In post 111, zipperflesh wrote: @antagon: I read that post as "hur dur I a sheep Thor like everyone else" when you analyze people's reactions aren't you looking at how they defend/don't defend themselves from the wagons against them?
Yes, I admit that my vote was partially because I was sheeping Thor, but I didn't like burn's reaction to the wagon and felt that he was making such a big deal of the wagon on the first place.
"Why are you crying?"
"I'm crying because I'm stupid!"
"That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For instance, I cry because other people are stupid and that makes me sad." -
The Big Bang Theory
Gale
Gale
Townie
Gale
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:29 am

Post by Gale »

I hadn't voted for pressure because it hadn't crossed my mind. I am unfamiliar with using votes as weapons, only learned of it when I started playing here.
zipperflesh
zipperflesh
Goon
zipperflesh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:43 am

Post by zipperflesh »

What reaction are you referring to?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”