[M] Newbie 1440: Maestro's Manic Mafia - DAY 3

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:49 am

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 124, Smudger wrote:
In post 119, theslimer3 wrote:@peabody: believe it or not, I have no real scumreads. The majority of posts to me don't look alignment insightful. Just opinionated.
And a strong sense of closed mindedness.

and you of course are above that?
I won't say yes, but I will say you are.
It's a hard thing to see in yourself or even admit.

Also why do you insist on posting one sentence per response?
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:21 am

Post by Smudger »

In post 125, theslimer3 wrote:
In post 119, theslimer3 wrote:@peabody: believe it or not, I have no real scumreads. The majority of posts to me don't look alignment insightful. Just opinionated.

you could be right, but I don't see it, and I don't always, is it annoying you?

Slimer anyone can be flippant in their attitude
"There is nothing more ironic or contradictory than life itself"... R.D.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Smudger
scotpgot
scotpgot
Townie
scotpgot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:38 am

Post by scotpgot »

I get the impression that slimer is town, but rather than finding scum, is instead intent on surviving the night.
Atlasblade
Atlasblade
Townie
Atlasblade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:38 am

Post by Atlasblade »

Ah i got prodded. I'll come in with my reads for so far in a few.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:11 am

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 126, Smudger wrote:
In post 125, theslimer3 wrote:

you could be right, but I don't see it, and I don't always, is it annoying you?

Slimer anyone can be flippant in their attitude
No more than my playstyle is annoying TAM.

@Scot: Are you rolefishing?
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:41 pm

Post by The Acting Method »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Scotpgoat
Bad, This does not seem pro town by any means. There are better ways to word this that possibly could make it seem town. But as it is. Do not like.
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.

Theater Season Mafia STARTING SOON!!!!
Atlasblade
Atlasblade
Townie
Atlasblade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:56 pm

Post by Atlasblade »

Okay sry for not posting so much lol but here are my reads atm:

Scopgot - I think he feels strongly town to me

Aphix - (

Naio - He's null for me atm

Splashmaster- Suspicious considering his original arguments back a few pages

Peabody - Null or he's leaning towards town for me

theslimer3 - I feel it's a tossup atm considering he hasn't been here for a while. I'll probably look more into him

Smudger - I feel like he's leaning towards town

The acting Method - Personally I feel that something with him is off. More so than Splash tbh.
scotpgot
scotpgot
Townie
scotpgot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:09 pm

Post by scotpgot »

In post 129, theslimer3 wrote:@Scot: Are you rolefishing?
In post 130, The Acting Method wrote:UNVOTE:

Bad, This does not seem pro town by any means. There are better ways to word this that possibly could make it seem town. But as it is. Do not like.
To answer slimer and address TAM - No, I wasn't. I didn't realize on my way
home
from work (just now) that might have been what it accomplished. So far, the biggest lesson I'm learning is to sometimes keep my damn thoughts to myself. I really was just kind of describing what I saw. That's all.

TAM - please put that post in context with ALL my others. I feel I've never been anything other than honest with my reads.

All that said, we're starting to get down to it, are we not? I put a scum-read on aphix and SplashMaster some time ago, and to my recollection neither of those has been addressed by either player.
HoS: aphix and SplashMaster
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:43 pm

In post 132, scotpgot wrote:
In post 129, theslimer3 wrote:@Scot: Are you rolefishing?
In post 130, The Acting Method wrote:UNVOTE:

To answer slimer and address TAM - No, I wasn't. I didn't realize on my way
home
from work (just now) that might have been what it accomplished. So far, the biggest lesson I'm learning is to sometimes keep my damn thoughts to myself. I really was just kind of describing what I saw. That's all.

TAM - please put that post in context with ALL my others. I feel I've never been anything other than honest with my reads.

All that said, we're starting to get down to it, are we not? I put a scum-read on aphix and SplashMaster some time ago, and to my recollection neither of those has been addressed by either player.
HoS: aphix and SplashMaster
Very good. Exactly what I was hoping you do.

UNVOTE: UNVOTE:

For those who may be confused about what I just did. I voted for Scot to see how he'd react. And because It would give him a bit more motivation to respond than a simple comment. Was it a bad post? Yes. Did he make a good response to it? Yes. Though I wouldn't recommend not saying what you're thinking. I would suggest being careful on how you word things in the future.

Now, I will need to reread aphix and SplashMaster a second time.

Atlasblade
Atlasblade
Townie
Atlasblade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:53 pm

Post by Atlasblade »

Honestly I feel spashmaster's a good vote imo considering his past posts being so contradicting when you look back.

VOTE: SplashMaster

Btw anyone know how to link someone's iso?
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:55 pm

[url][/url ]

Also EBWODP:
UNVOTE:

Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:21 pm

Post by Smudger »

In post 131, Atlasblade wrote:Okay sry for not posting so much lol but here are my reads atm:

Aphix - (

theslimer3 - I feel it's a tossup atm considering he hasn't been here for a while. I'll probably look more into him

The acting Method - Personally I feel that something with him is off. More so than Splash tbh.
any chance you could elaborate on any of these as I don't see some of them

in particular your reads on Scot and TAM

Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:22 am

Post by Peabody »

Scot, why did you feel the need to HoS Splashmaster when your vote is already on him?

The Acting Method, what did you see about Scot's response to your question that you liked?

Something about Acting Method's posting is pinging me as wrong. First his vote was on someone he didn't believe was scum. Second, this reaction test vote looks forced. "Look, everyone. This is what I did. Learn from me." Pings badly.

Slim3r is also pinging as scum.

Consider my vote on Slim3r right now
. The only reason I am not voting is that would put him at L-1 (Which means one vote to lynch), and I don't want to end the day so early.
Slimer wrote:I am Slimer. I prefer... Well I don't know, I prefer things.
I'm an odd one and I do things in very unorthodox methods.
(surprisingly it's a scum tell in all my games, especially as town)
Emphasis is added by me.

I don't like this at all. "Hey, if I'm scummy, don't worry. It's my playstyle." Already, Slimer is pre-emptively excusing future play. This, coupled with no scumhunting and with augmentation of theory talk, tells me he is scum.

Splashmaster is still a scumread of mine, so I'm keeping my vote there.
scotpgot
scotpgot
Townie
scotpgot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:57 am

Post by scotpgot »

>>> Scot, why did you feel the need to HoS Splashmaster when your vote is already on him?

To try and persuade others, since as you stated, my voted was already there.
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:40 am

@Peabody: He reacted by explaining his post, realizing why it went wrong and apologized. Since I don't have a strong scum read on him anyway, I did not feel the need to press the issue further with my vote. Which is why I voted in the first place. Pressure votes and reaction tests can be very similar and a pressure vote is often a reaction test directed at a specific person.

I could at this point in time support a Splashmaster or Aphix lynch. Pending further review.

Atlasblade
Atlasblade
Townie
Atlasblade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:13 am

Post by Atlasblade »

In post 136, Smudger wrote:
In post 131, Atlasblade wrote:Okay sry for not posting so much lol but here are my reads atm:

Aphix - (

any chance you could elaborate on any of these as I don't see some of them

in particular your reads on Scot and TAM

Personally I dont feel that Scot so far has done anything to make himself seem scummy to me. If so then I guess I will have to read more into him then. On the other hand, call it a gut feeling of mine ( I don't usually like using my gut w/o evidence) but I feel that TAM doesn't exactly feel town to me. At least that's the vibe I was getting when I was reading through his post. But nonetheless it's only a gut feeling of mine. I'll probably have more of an understanding later on.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:28 am

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 133, The Acting Method wrote: Very good. Exactly what I was hoping you do.
This just looks weird no matter how I look at it. Sorry to say.
Like it reeks of WiFoM buddying.
In post 133, The Acting Method wrote: Though I wouldn't recommend not saying what you're thinking. I would suggest being careful on how you word things in the future.
Scum is normally "careful" of what they're saying because they have something to HIDE. As SOMEONE said before, townies shouldn't have to lie, scum does. And that is the basis of why lying is bad.

I'm not saying filtering yourself is a bad idea, but I wouldn't recommend over thinking something. It just stammers you when you say something later on and contradict yourself.

Now am I saying speak your mind? No.
But just like it would be a bad idea to say whatever comes to your mind in real life, that's the filter you should use, not "I shouldn't say this or that or say it this way, because then you're basically trying to prevent yourself from looking scummy; which in turn, is scummy.

In post 134, Atlasblade wrote:Honestly I feel spashmaster's a good vote imo considering his past posts being so contradicting when you look back.
Give some examples.

In post 137, Peabody wrote:
Consider my vote on Slim3r right now
. The only reason I am not voting is that would put him at L-1 (Which means one vote to lynch), and I don't want to end the day so early.
I you can understand why you wouldn't want to end the day early, but why wouldn't you want me to go back to L-1? What EXACTLY are you afraid of in the day being missed? Because basically that statement just said that you either confirmed me as scum, or you don't care what I flip. The latter seems more likely to me.
In post 137, Peabody wrote:I don't like this at all. "Hey, if I'm scummy, don't worry. It's my playstyle." Already, Slimer is pre-emptively excusing future play. This, coupled with no scumhunting and with augmentation of theory talk, tells me he is scum.
That is terrible.
You took something small out of context and made a huge subtopic.
I said what I do is unorthodox. That has nothing to do with what I do or how you take it. The fact that you've taken it that way seems forged really.
In post 137, Peabody wrote:Splashmaster is still a scumread of mine, so I'm keeping my vote there.
Who's more likely to be scum to you, me or splash?
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:48 am

In post 141, theslimer3 wrote:
In post 133, The Acting Method wrote: Though I wouldn't recommend not saying what you're thinking. I would suggest being careful on how you word things in the future.
Scum is normally "careful" of what they're saying because they have something to HIDE. As SOMEONE said before, townies shouldn't have to lie, scum does. And that is the basis of why lying is bad.

I'm not saying filtering yourself is a bad idea, but I wouldn't recommend over thinking something. It just stammers you when you say something later on and contradict yourself.

Now am I saying speak your mind? No.
But just like it would be a bad idea to say whatever comes to your mind in real life, that's the filter you should use, not "I shouldn't say this or that or say it this way, because then you're basically trying to prevent yourself from looking scummy; which in turn, is scummy.
Please tell me, how, despite it being more detailed, what you said isn't essentially what I said? There are times where town needs to be careful of what they say. As a PR, for instance, You have to be very careful of what you say. But as a general rule, vanilla townies shouldn't need to lie, that is correct. I don't like how this seems to be an attempt at making me look bad when you are essentially agreeing with my comment.

theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:50 am

Post by theslimer3 »

Oh sorry, I somehow read you as saying "be careful, don't speak your mind"
Sorry about that xD
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:53 am

Post by theslimer3 »

Well either way I still see scot as rolefishing
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:38 pm

Post by aphix »

@scotpgot: Are you saying that I'm not addressing your scum claim on me in post ? You vote me because I was argumentative? And that's scummy? That is all I really get out of your post. I don't agree with it. There isn't anything to address so why would I?

Don't much care for scotpgot's posts but I don't know if scum would be so vocal about who they think is a PR. It seems a very bad play that I don't see him doing yet but it's a possibility and perhaps it can sit on the back burner, but it does seem like something that would be an easy way for scum to jump in and get a mislynch there.

I don't really see the negative reads on TAM. Those that have said this, can you give examples of what is triggering alarms for you?

Atlas is still not doing much to change my original opinion. Concerned with having strong town reads on something not really ongoing
Smudger: still to me is doing very little. @smudger, yes I meant vote. Noone seems really concerned here, and I don't have much more to say so we'll see how we move on from here.
theslimer3: not a fan of his playstyle or his contribution at this time.
TAM: Seems to be making solid, logical posts. Don't seem forced. Is generating discussion without leading people around imo, currently have a town read here.
splashmaster: Being more of a concern here for me. Concerning me he thinks everyone is trying to look town. Only scum is trying to look town. Towns job is to scumhunt as they are already town, appearing as town shouldn't be a concern. Along with his feeling regarding on how the scum team would be distributed when it's in the rules of the game and self labeling himself as VI is strange as well.

Since it's obvious I'm not going anyone on smudger, and perhaps some of it may have been overreacting. I'd say still have scum leaning on atlas and scum lean on splashmaster, and a whole lot of null read to bring to the table.
Last edited by Maestro on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:39 pm

Post by aphix »

Sorry for the second post. But ...
Could I have the tags fixed please?
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:24 am

Post by Smudger »

Aphix my vote is not on you, so why you would say it was at that time is weird, when it is very obvious where my current vote is if you were actually reading the thread you cant miss it really?

Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:31 am

Post by Smudger »

sorry should have added this to the above post but was side tracked. Defiine doing very little please

theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:26 am

Post by theslimer3 »

Splashmaster hasn't posted in 5 days, can we get a giant stick on him? And Naio also has been MIA.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”