Mini 1515: Touhou Imperishable Night (Game Over)

BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:49 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 223, waynegg wrote:(he's to envolved early, when he generally lurks the hell out of D1 as town).
I lurk day 1 as both alignments.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:52 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Wait, reading comprehension.

SELF META TIME WOOHOO:

I've lurked day 1 in all 3 of my completed scum games (WitME is sort of hard to count here, because you ended that D1 early. I still lurked day 1 in Xenoblade and NY 165)
I've lurked day 1 as town in a lot of my town games (Death's diner had me fairly active early, then lurking, then active again once I was wagoned)
I've also had crazy activity early in towngames (Jobpick sticks out here)

Basically, my posting pattern is fairly erratic and more indicative of how many games I'm in/how busy I am than it is of my alignment.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:53 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 232, mastin2 wrote:If you're expecting reasons for the ping, too bad. I have none. Pure gut.
I love arguing with gut :roll:

brb finding scum instead.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:56 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 297, BROseidon wrote:
In post 211, morph the cat wrote:BRO's voting someone who's on a wagon that meets with my strong approval caught my attention. Town-BRO and I tend to think somewhat alike in the early game. This was especially apparent to me in the Diner game. I'm going to exercise more caution this game, though, because my day 1 scumread of him in Xenogears was still being discussed very late into that game. :/
I'm concerned about why you found thez scummy :/
Then I don't think you really understand why thez' comment pinged for me.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:58 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Explain, then?

I took it as cheeky, and I find early cheekiness towny.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:06 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 304, BROseidon wrote:Explain, then?

It was the turn of phrase, which looked a little overworked, like thez spent some time thinking about how to say it. GiF calls this "forced".
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:16 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

In post 296, BROseidon wrote:re thez: that you didn't take that as tongue in cheek still concerns me.
What do you mean? I'm not following you...
In post 305, morph the cat wrote:
In post 304, BROseidon wrote:Explain, then?

It was the turn of phrase, which looked a little overworked, like thez spent some time thinking about how to say it. GiF calls this "forced".
I took like three seconds to write it. I joke about a fake claim, making an obvious joke OMGUS on Mastin, and lo and behold, we somehow got a shitstorm of a wagon on me. But most of the people on the wagon are probably town.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:19 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Look at all those slippery adjectives.
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:29 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

I'm hearing some conf bias about a ridiculous read on thezmon221.

What? It's ffery?

I thought you knew better.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:32 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 308, thezmon221 wrote:I'm hearing some conf bias about a ridiculous read on thezmon221.

What? It's ffery?

I thought you knew better.
Why would you think that?
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:40 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

I guess I just assumed that since we played together recently (albeit for a short period of time), that you might know such things.

Then again, I came into the game like 80 pages (of hell) in.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:47 pm

Post by morph the cat »

[quote="In post 310, thezmon221"][/quote]

Right.

It's interesting though, that your initial reaction is sort of wtf aren't you reading me properly.

Taking that under advisement.
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:47 pm

Post by waynegg »

In post 143, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 82, waynegg wrote:Moar RQS answers please. Thanks Mastin.
and i didn't like this post. way past the point where RQS even matters
FTR my RQS always matters.
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:48 pm

Post by morph the cat »

ok well that's an interesting quote tag fail.
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:49 pm

Post by waynegg »

Lol! Happens to me allllll the time!
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 222, zMuffinMan wrote:
waynegg wrote:Muffin was fueling the flames to bolster Varsoon's mindset
... you realise pieguy was the one who
asked
me to do it, right?
no you were doing this even before I asked you to elaborate on your opinion on my case
In post 142, zMuffinMan wrote:i don't like pieguy being confused about stuff that isn't really confusing at all.
and the attack on varsoon is pretty meh.
it's really subtle but even smth like this counts. and then you can just go blaming me when I ask you to elaborate, when my mindset of asking you for more info is the only logical way of looking at it from a town perspective.
In post 198, Varsoon wrote:
notice the buddy you picked up along the way
Implies that it is a mutual partnership, rather than one-sided, otherwise wording would be more along the lines of "notice the buddy attempt on you along the way."

Also, if you aren't saying I'm scum, then why are you voting me?
I agree with morph that there is no such implication.

also, these kinds of arguments based exclusively on where people's vote is are invalid. it's one thing if it's conducive to a lynch or something else, but I find my vote often doesn't match the person I'm talking to when I wanna pressure multiple slots. this is not a scumtell and I'm seeing a cheap way to throw blame around.

IMO is the most viable argument as scum. just saying I'm misrepping you means nothing. in order for people to get you, they have to, oh look, go through all that text and try to figure out what you're trying to say. and I'm pretty sure you know that no one is going to go through all that atm. and don't even try to say I'm doing this myself because I explicitly listed off how you're lying and using false logic, and not just saying you are.

makes no sense. now all of a sudden we're using the literal definition of buddy? and what does it matter by using other words in place of "buddy"? it's pretty obvious that "buddy" as it was being used was not the definition you even brought up here.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 242, thezmon221 wrote:Oops, forgot to post intended post #2:

Pie/V is TvT.

{ BRO, PA/Ghost, mastin, morph, pie, psych, V}
{Wayne, newearth}
{Mac, Mafia, Muffin}

Vast majority of my reads are gut/feel reads. Only probably 3-4 are legit backed with evidence.

Second slot is scum.
I'm sensing some possible "flow-going" with this post. you just posted that me vs. Varsoon is town v town but doesn't give a specific read on either of us?

I'd also like an explanation for your scumreads on wayne/TNE.
In post 219, mastin2 wrote:These ones I want elaboration on. (Granted. I can actually maybe see the Psychlone one. But Nacho being Nacho, I'm not going to even go near considering a wagon on him. :P)
it wasn't a serious readslist
In post 191, waynegg wrote:The vote is because, by using your own logic, you're scum.
YES
In post 215, waynegg wrote:
In post 210, zMuffinMan wrote:you don't know what buddying means if you think defending a town read is buddying.

and you clearly have no idea how to play this game if you think that's a bad thing.
Lol!

My weakest point for years was how easily I was buddied. I have tons of intimate knowledge on being buddied as a result. "Defending" a town read isn't what you were doing. You were bolstering Varsoon's argument against Pie without taking a definitive stance, ala voting Pie to echo your sentiment.

It's TvT because of how obstinate both were in their stances and nether stopped to consider one over the other to the point both were tunneling. If one were scum they would have just conceded a small point and deflected onto something else.
wait what, now all of a sudden you think it's town v town? can you explain why the flip flop plz?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:05 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

pieguy wrote:no you were doing this even before I asked you to elaborate on your opinion on my case
In post 142, zMuffinMan wrote:i don't like pieguy being confused about stuff that isn't really confusing at all.
and the attack on varsoon is pretty meh.
it's really subtle but even smth like this counts.
no, i don't think that single comment is what wayne is referring to when he says i was "bolstering varsoon's mindset", and that single comment is hardly fueling any flames, but there's an easy way to find out for sure.

@wayne,

were you referring to that single comment before pieguy asked me to elaborate when you said you think i'm buddying varsoon and fueling the flames, or were you referring to after pieguy specifically asked me to talk about it?
pieguy wrote:you can just go blaming me when I ask you to elaborate
blame you for what? wayne is saying he thinks i'm scummy for the way in which i argued against your varsoon case, i pointed out that the only reason i was doing that is because you specifically asked me to.
pieguy wrote:also, these kinds of arguments based exclusively on where people's vote is are invalid.
what do you think of wayne's argument about me not voting you?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:11 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

thezmon wrote:I took like three seconds to write it. I joke about a fake claim, making an obvious joke OMGUS on Mastin, and lo and behold, we somehow got a shitstorm of a wagon on me
nah. well, maybe that's what some people thought was scummy about you, but i was thinking you were scum from your first post. i didn't like anything about it, and the concern for which head of each hydra was posting felt like you trying to fake town concern for this.

why am i a null read btw?

and why are you still voting mastin if you have a scum read on wayne and TNE?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:19 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

bro wrote:brb finding scum instead.
how's this going for you?
pieguy wrote:wait what, now all of a sudden you think it's town v town? can you explain why the flip flop plz?
it's convenient for his stance on me
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:35 am

Post by Mac »

im in a walling mood, so fuck it. LETS GO.
In post 7, mastin2 wrote: 3. Mac
^Mislynch bait, but ultimately, probably town.
this cut me deep, mastin. ILL SHOW YOU FUCKING MISLYNCH BAIT.

i enjoyed reading page one. one of the better page ones i've read.
In post 39, waynegg wrote:
In post 36, Psychlone wrote:
In post 33, waynegg wrote:
In post 13, morph the cat wrote:You can put me in your scum list if you want. Won't change my alignment.
Nice angle.

VOTE: Morph
I approve of the vote, but I don't get what you mean by "angle."
The flippant scum claim during RVS. Putting them in scum won't change their alignment, ergo scum.
you are mad wayne.
In post 86, morph the cat wrote:
In post 85, thezmon221 wrote:Isn't it clear? He's clearly trying to mount a mislynch so early in the game against an obviously
pro-town
player.
That's an interesting turn of phrase.
agreed.
In post 91, thenewearth wrote:VOTE: Mac

Hi
SCREW YOU!!

*insert pg13 rvs vote here*

getting kinda bored here. varsoon/pie is a load quotes and textwalls which i cba reading right now. STOP WITH THE WALLS MY EYES!!!!!

holy fuck i think i love varsoon for the series of EXCELLENT POSTS on page 8
In post 197, waynegg wrote:Argh huh! I'm saying that Muffin is buddying you. I'm not saying you're scum, dork! Lol!

pedit isolate the muffin on Pie with Varsoon. Varsoon probably caught town with how they've been going on with each other and there's Muffin just eating it up.
y u vote him den?
In post 232, mastin2 wrote:
In post 107, BROseidon wrote:I took that as tongue in cheek.
This one pinged.
In post 109, BROseidon wrote:
In post 97, Varsoon wrote:I'm also scum-reading zmuffin, but that's because I don't believe the PGO claim and I always scum-read zmuffin. I was even scum-reading zmuffin in Xenogears. I had to constantly check to make sure he wasn't on my team that game.
In post 36, Venmar wrote:OKAY EVERYONE LISTEN UP, READ THIS POST BEFORE YOU POST.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Claim: PGO

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS IS NOT A JOKE, THIS IS NOT A TEST, I'M A PGO SO IF YOU'RE SCUM PLEASE TARGET ME KTHX
No wonder all those crumbs slipped by you guys...
This one, too.

If you're expecting reasons for the ping, too bad. I have none. Pure gut. :P
this post pinged for me.

my eyes hurt. and i dont have a fucking clue where im going to vote.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:31 am

Post by Ghostly Penguin »

Hi, bitches. Guess who's back?

There's a bunch of people in this game I'm probably not going to fucking sort definitively till tomorrow because I've been wrong on them before. For example, BRO and PA and I have history from that circle jerk popularly known as Death's Diner where I proceeded to think he was the scum in the Dethy (he wasn't), Varsoon's fooled me with emotional fuckery before in Xenogears, and I tried to get Nacho lynched in the same game.

To be fair, that was Mastin's fault. (Granted, we nailed something like 60-80% of the scum team by Day 5).

Regardless. I hate Pie's #113 the most out of everything in this fucking thread. Town shouldn't be encouraging early claims, even if a trick like that would work on scum Varsoon. There's not much fucking point in it. Varsoon's shit-lord comment seems genuine, but I'm not going to call this scum v. town because of the fuckery above...although I'm leaning towards town by the way he explains what a scum fuck she is in every way possible. Also, Muff's town right now, I'm fairly sure. Stop scumreading him. You're as bad as me with fucking PV.

The people who are using RVS as a means to deflect their possible scum fuckery are the following: TNE, MafiaSSK.

I'm not moving our fucking vote onto anyone yet, because I've not had a time to sync with my hydra partner, who is much nicer than you all deserve.

. God dammit, Wayne, hypocrisy is not a scum tell and it doesn't work that way anyway. This is probably Town Wayne, because you never, ever fail to give me a fucking headache.

Mac's Town.
Psychlone
Psychlone
Goon
Psychlone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:54 am

Post by Psychlone »

We're townreading Varsoon for few things.

1. His response to the PGO claim looked much more natural. In xenogears, he wrote a story essay of fencesitting before that awkward vote. Here, his response seemed way more natural.
2. His "frustration" looks quite different from xeno. In xeno, his frustration contained more hate, if you know what I mean. Not here. The tone of frustration looks totally different.
3. His post #12 felt town.

To be honest, I'm kinda disappointed that I haven't seen from him the key factor that lets me townread him easily. But hey, with my luck, I can't have an easy time everytime. (If not not at all :P)

Also don't expect me to post much til next Monday. My condition isn't so great.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:25 am

Post by Ghostly Penguin »

In post 219, mastin2 wrote:
In post 87, Ghostly Penguin wrote:penguin_alien checking in here, antennae twitching, wings flapping in fewer than a dozen posts. mastin2, why vote for the player who is scummy versus the one who's probably scum?
Because I don't want to go 95% sure on you (specifically you) being scum only to later be forced to backtrack when the Ghostlin half of you begins towntelling. :P
Why would you worry so about retracting a blatantly joke read?

--PA
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:27 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 306, thezmon221 wrote:What do you mean? I'm not following you...
This was directed at morph. The fact that ffery/GiF found it forced is strange, because I found it cheeky (in a natural way), and ffery and I are usually on the same page.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”