Mini 1515: Touhou Imperishable Night (Game Over)

waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:14 pm

Post by waynegg »

In post 696, thezmon221 wrote:
In post 693, BROseidon wrote:Hey mastin, I have a present for you:

Spoiler: Reducing space with a snip
Let's be honest here: Yada Yada blahblahblah
Because he wasn't being honest prior to this apparently...
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:14 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

In post 697, waynegg wrote:
In post 683, thezmon221 wrote:UNVOTE: waynegg
The preemptive claim has me wondering what his rush was.
Also this:
In post 656, Mac wrote:
In post 651, waynegg wrote:Well, see, the last time he said something like that to me he wanted me to play bait to his fishing excursion. I resisted then not knowing what he was on about. This time I hop right on and wigglewigglewiggle and he abandons his rod. Looks like the bait caught the fisherman this time.

VOTE: Morph
interesting theory. how come you have just taken up on it though when it happened 300 posts ago?

as far as i can tell you have been reading morph as town, or at least interacting with them, then as soon as i've brought this up you are all over them?
Thez can't be assed with reading since scum don't have a need for it.
Oh, don't be mistaken, I read it. There's a difference between me reading it and me believing it. I think after retrospective evaluation that you have a possibility of being town, but I'm going to wait before I come guns out and call it. I want to see how things develop more with the revelation you have, unfortunately, provided.
waynegg wrote:

Go ahead with your conf bias, I don't really care.
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:18 pm

Post by waynegg »

In post 699, morph the cat wrote:So how is it, wayne, that you haven't realized that none of the posts leading up to your claim were mine? The joke in response to muffin is my most recent post. And I don't recall professing to able to read you amazingly, you'll have to point out where I might have said that.
Who said you said it? I said others perceive that you can. If it wasn't your vote, you definitely sanctioned it, and it would have been received with the same kind of weight.

What's it called when someone hangs onto an irrelevant, minuscule point that has no relation in determining alignment to make a case? I forgot...
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:21 pm

Post by waynegg »

In post 701, thezmon221 wrote:Oh, don't be mistaken, I read it. There's a difference between me reading it and me believing it. I think after retrospective evaluation that you have a possibility of being town, but I'm going to wait before I come guns out and call it. I want to see how things develop more with the revelation you have, unfortunately, provided.
waynegg wrote:

Go ahead with your conf bias, I don't really care.
That's you're problem then, isn't it. And yes, noting and latching onto speech pattern inconsistencies and fatal scum flaws and pushing that read is no longer known as scum hunting. It's having
confirmation bias
... :roll:
Like LEGO minifigs?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:27 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 702, waynegg wrote:
In post 699, morph the cat wrote:So how is it, wayne, that you haven't realized that none of the posts leading up to your claim were mine? The joke in response to muffin is my most recent post. And I don't recall professing to able to read you amazingly, you'll have to point out where I might have said that.
Who said you said it? I said others perceive that you can. If it wasn't your vote, you definitely sanctioned it, and it would have been received with the same kind of weight.

What's it called when someone hangs onto an irrelevant, minuscule point that has no relation in determining alignment to make a case? I forgot...
Wayne, the thing that pinged for me in your early play was that you weren't continually pushing back and testing me - me personally, not Cabd. Because rumor has it that I'm the easier head to read in this hydra. We danced over my scum claim in the Achievement game and that was pretty ok. But, I thought you were way, way too complacent about my not answering your RQS until Cabd called you on it last night. On the one hand, I think you know that I'm more interested in watching and evaluating RQS reactions than in jumping in and perturbating what's already happening. But, on the other hand, knowing I'm going to sit that dance out and blandly letting me do it without pushback seemed off. Because I feel pretty sure that town-you would push me on that sort of thing. And there's the various other players who weren't pushed to answer as well.
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:28 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

In post 703, waynegg wrote:That's you're problem then, isn't it. And yes, noting and latching onto speech pattern inconsistencies and fatal scum flaws and pushing that read is no longer known as scum hunting. It's having
confirmation bias
Not entirely, but when you go ahead and paint every single fucking thing I say in a bad light and misrep the fuck out of me?

Yeah, that's conf bias if I've ever seen it.

I also fail to see how me hesitating to call you town is
my
problem. Newsflash: It isn't my problem. Might not be yours, but it ain't mine.

Oh yeah, and go ahead and show me these fatal scum flaws I supposedly have. You've failed to do such. Oh, and you say my speech pattern is consistent with this lying post you have? You have 1,
maybe
2 examples (and the second one is a
big
maybe). You gotta try better than that if you want to go balls deep in shit on your scum read on me.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 696, thezmon221 wrote:Let's be honest here: When isn't this the case? I don't know if I have played a game with mastin as town where he hasn't waffled. It certainly was the case last Xeno game and he flipped town.
Was I claiming he's scum for it?
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

No. It was more a reaffirmation.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:53 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 630, thenewearth wrote:BRO scumz
Ghostly Penguine Null-town because of his latest post
Mac null
SSK null
mastin gut-town
Morph town
pie town
psychlone town
tezmon null-scum
varsoon town
wayne scumz because of the exchange with muffinman
muffin town ^
TNE do you have any reads that don't just match what everyone else is saying?

every one of those reads seems like it just matches the popular opinion of those players.

also, what's your opinion on morph's "scumslip"?
In post 632, thenewearth wrote:What I meant that varsoon was doing the same. "I originally put my vote on pieguyn because she exhibited behavior that I attribute to scum (suffocation and disengagement with a town player)." Hence my town read on you. But I never said he was scum
if varsoon is doing something scummy, why are you townreading him?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:53 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 672, BROseidon wrote:
In post 626, pieguyn wrote:@BROs: can you give more examples of craziness that doesn't seem faked?
Biggest one that comes to mind is Xenoblade; it's super long, anywayshere's the game for your reading pleasure.
oh hell no I'm not reading 234 pages of posts :cry:

anyway, can you give examples in this game? since this is the game we're trying to sort him in, I'm looking for more stuff specific to this game.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:53 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 694, BROseidon wrote:So you don't like going after strong players that you scumread early because you're afraid that you might mislynch them.
Yes?

I don't see why you think this is strange. :P I'll make notes of strong players that I scumread, and point it out. But I'm not going to push them. Not strongly. Because I'm not a scumhunting god. I'm a decently-mediocre player, even upper-mediocre. My reads are right more often than they are wrong, but they ARE wrong, and wrong a ton. What if I were wrong on that strong player being scum? Then I've just sabotaged us both, and given the scum a MASSIVE edge. It's better to take things more casually. And work with them, hash it out so to speak. Let them see it, let them have a chance to talk me out of it, basically, prod about it and get more info on them before I make a final decision.

It's not the kind of player I want to commit to on D1, if that makes sense.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:19 pm

Post by waynegg »

In post 704, morph the cat wrote:

Wayne, the thing that pinged for me in your early play was that you weren't continually pushing back and testing me - me personally, not Cabd. Because rumor has it that I'm the easier head to read in this hydra. We danced over my scum claim in the Achievement game and that was pretty ok. But, I thought you were way, way too complacent about my not answering your RQS until Cabd called you on it last night. On the one hand, I think you know that I'm more interested in watching and evaluating RQS reactions than in jumping in and perturbating what's already happening. But, on the other hand, knowing I'm going to sit that dance out and blandly letting me do it without pushback seemed off. Because I feel pretty sure that town-you would push me on that sort of thing. And there's the various other players who weren't pushed to answer as well.
Then neither of you have been reading my recent games? It gets to be a hell of a headache twisting people's arms to answer the question by myself. The hell of it is ~ that's the best question I've come up with yet because it makes personality types plain. The later when they go from 1 to 3 they're done. I still want answers, but I can get them by myself.
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:21 pm

Post by waynegg »

In post 705, thezmon221 wrote:
In post 703, waynegg wrote:That's you're problem then, isn't it. And yes, noting and latching onto speech pattern inconsistencies and fatal scum flaws and pushing that read is no longer known as scum hunting. It's having
confirmation bias
Not entirely, but when you go ahead and paint every single fucking thing I say in a bad light and misrep the fuck out of me?

Yeah, that's conf bias if I've ever seen it.

I also fail to see how me hesitating to call you town is
my
problem. Newsflash: It isn't my problem. Might not be yours, but it ain't mine.

Oh yeah, and go ahead and show me these fatal scum flaws I supposedly have. You've failed to do such. Oh, and you say my speech pattern is consistent with this lying post you have? You have 1,
maybe
2 examples (and the second one is a
big
maybe). You gotta try better than that if you want to go balls deep in shit on your scum read on me.
I've pointed out and pushed 3 things. "Apparently", "Honestly", and one interaction. It must ring home because here you are griping that I'm saying everything you do is scummy. Whoop, there's 4!
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:23 pm

Post by waynegg »

In post 706, BROseidon wrote:
In post 696, thezmon221 wrote:Let's be honest here: When isn't this the case? I don't know if I have played a game with mastin as town where he hasn't waffled. It certainly was the case last Xeno game and he flipped town.
Was I claiming he's scum for it?
Outside perspective... BRO ~ what do you think of the intro on that post you quoted right there?
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:28 pm

Post by waynegg »

@theznuts (balls deep, lol) having three big discrepancies in the first 700ish posts is huge. I'm not going to insult your scum game and say everything you say is scummy. That's not how it works. That's an orgy of evidence and generally would make you town. Scum has to look like they're town, and they ain't doing that if all their posts are scummy. Except for Andy. You're not Andy. Whom I have much <3 for his game, so that's not a slight. In case you're reading along. And I'm sure you are.
Like LEGO minifigs?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:32 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 711, waynegg wrote:
In post 704, morph the cat wrote:

Then neither of you have been reading my recent games? It gets to be a hell of a headache twisting people's arms to answer the question by myself. The hell of it is ~ that's the best question I've come up with yet because it makes personality types plain. The later when they go from 1 to 3 they're done. I still want answers, but I can get them by myself.
My personality type is basically an open book.

I'm not Cabd. At most, I follow 2-3 games I'm not actively playing. I don't think I've ever followed a game that you happened to be playing.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:34 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 710, mastin2 wrote:
In post 694, BROseidon wrote:So you don't like going after strong players that you scumread early because you're afraid that you might mislynch them.
Yes?

I don't see why you think this is strange. :P I'll make notes of strong players that I scumread, and point it out. But I'm not going to push them. Not strongly. Because I'm not a scumhunting god. I'm a decently-mediocre player, even upper-mediocre. My reads are right more often than they are wrong, but they ARE wrong, and wrong a ton. What if I were wrong on that strong player being scum? Then I've just sabotaged us both, and given the scum a MASSIVE edge.
It's better to take things more casually. And work with them, hash it out so to speak. Let them see it, let them have a chance to talk me out of it, basically, prod about it and get more info on them before I make a final decision.

I've replied to you. I don't see much work with or hash out happening here, Mastin. And I see a whole lot of oooooh but I might be. You wouldn't be distancing would you?
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:44 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

Yeah, I'm not responding to wayne anymore with the way he keeps referring to me.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:56 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 713, waynegg wrote:Outside perspective... BRO ~ what do you think of the intro on that post you quoted right there?
I don't like the phrase, but it would indicate that he's nervous about me pointing out mastin's waffling. Makes a good associative tell, but doesn't seem scum motivated unless mastin is scum.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:57 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 708, pieguyn wrote:TNE do you have any reads that don't just match what everyone else is saying?

every one of those reads seems like it just matches the popular opinion of those players.

also, what's your opinion on morph's "scumslip"?
Why do people keep saying this when I'm not under any real pressure and nobody other than TNE has me as their first choice for scum?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:57 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 709, pieguyn wrote:oh hell no I'm not reading 234 pages of posts

anyway, can you give examples in this game? since this is the game we're trying to sort him in, I'm looking for more stuff specific to this game.
Dual-ISO Varsoon and Orcinus and read through day 1 (especially the part where they start walling each other)
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:59 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 710, mastin2 wrote:Yes?

I don't see why you think this is strange. I'll make notes of strong players that I scumread, and point it out. But I'm not going to push them. Not strongly. Because I'm not a scumhunting god. I'm a decently-mediocre player, even upper-mediocre. My reads are right more often than they are wrong, but they ARE wrong, and wrong a ton. What if I were wrong on that strong player being scum? Then I've just sabotaged us both, and given the scum a MASSIVE edge. It's better to take things more casually. And work with them, hash it out so to speak. Let them see it, let them have a chance to talk me out of it, basically, prod about it and get more info on them before I make a final decision.

This makes sense, although I still don't agree with the approach. Especially in a game like this where there's a lot of strong players.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:02 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 716, morph the cat wrote:
Yes?

I don't see why you think this is strange. :P I'll make notes of strong players that I scumread, and point it out. But I'm not going to push them. Not strongly. Because I'm not a scumhunting god. I'm a decently-mediocre player, even upper-mediocre. My reads are right more often than they are wrong, but they ARE wrong, and wrong a ton. What if I were wrong on that strong player being scum? Then I've just sabotaged us both, and given the scum a MASSIVE edge.
It's better to take things more casually. And work with them, hash it out so to speak. Let them see it, let them have a chance to talk me out of it, basically, prod about it and get more info on them before I make a final decision.

I've replied to you. I don't see much work with or hash out happening here, Mastin. And I see a whole lot of oooooh but I might be. You wouldn't be distancing would you?
This is valid.

I don't like the part where mastin disappeared for just long enough for me to notice, but then posted before I was going to call him on lurking, then engaged with limited parts of the thread.

mastin are you scum?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:04 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 722, BROseidon wrote:
In post 716, morph the cat wrote:
Yes?

This is valid.

I don't like the part where mastin disappeared for just long enough for me to notice, but then posted before I was going to call him on lurking, then engaged with limited parts of the thread.

mastin are you scum?
Since his vote is on us, I'm assuming that means he thinks we're not strong players. It won't take much meta-diving at all to ascertain whether that's his usual take.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:05 pm

Post by BROseidon »

If that's mastin's usual take, I wonder what his definition of "strong" is.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”