Mini 1515: Touhou Imperishable Night (Game Over)

BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:30 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 797, mastin2 wrote:Changed my mind.

VOTE: BROseidon.

Think morph's town, but not getting that townvibe from BRO.
10/10 great case right there.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:35 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 798, morph the cat wrote:It reads that I'm talking to him as though he could be town.
I am. Sad as that is. :P
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:03 am

Post by morph the cat »

Can I just say it's really funny watching everyone fail to get the way ffery talks the way she intends her words to be taken?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by waynegg »

In post 789, BROseidon wrote:
In post 785, pieguyn wrote:I was thinking, you've jumped onto two wagons now citing nothing but meta. your jump on wayne was citing meta about being abrasive and it seems so similar to your jump on Varsoon citing meta about vote position because of this. also, both wagons seemed like points where there'd be a possibility of some big breakthrough happening. I was starting to full-out attack Varsoon when you jumped on him and your vote on wayne was near the start of the whole thing with him. I just wanna know if you have some sort of idea behind this or not?
I like using meta early. So sue me :P
Lol
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:36 pm

Post by waynegg »

In post 790, thezmon221 wrote:
In post 754, zMuffinMan wrote:honestly, i think that's more of a habit than a tell
That's all it is: a habit I developed a while back. Literally wayne is the only one who has cared enough to make an entire scum read based off of it, and I write out those phrases a fair amount in my games. Granted, I don't do it all the time, but I sometimes have had a strange... urge, I guess you could call it, to write them. It's sometimes how I talk in real life too. You've spotted no lies in my posts.
In post 757, waynegg wrote:
In post 754, zMuffinMan wrote:
honestly,
i think that's more of a habit than a tell
And you of all people should know, after Xenogears, to let someone answer their own questions and their own heat.
Care to explain why you aren't getting all hellbent on this?

Would just like to point out the inconsistency in your reads, and your liespotting.
I could hear the obvious sarcasm there
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:38 pm

Post by waynegg »

In post 800, BROseidon wrote:
In post 797, mastin2 wrote:Changed my mind.

VOTE: BROseidon.

Think morph's town, but not getting that townvibe from BRO.
10/10 great case right there.
Hey BRO. You ever gonna respond to my question?
Like LEGO minifigs?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:50 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 777, BROseidon wrote:
In post 752, waynegg wrote:
In post 718, BROseidon wrote:
In post 713, waynegg wrote:Outside perspective... BRO ~ what do you think of the intro on that post you quoted right there?
I don't like the phrase, but it would indicate that he's nervous about me pointing out mastin's waffling. Makes a good associative tell, but doesn't seem scum motivated unless mastin is scum.
I'm talking about these and liespotting
In post 338, thezmon221 wrote:Huh that's weird.

Ffery, what caused that? I
personally
don't see anything in my post that would change your stance,
personally
In post 683, thezmon221 wrote:
Honestly
, apart from his rage against BRO, in Post 350, I haven't seen much value in his posts. Not to mention, he harps on BRO in said post for commentating, but does the same himself, except for that post.
In post 696, thezmon221 wrote:Let's be honest here[/b]: When isn't this the case? I don't know if I have played a game with mastin as town where he
hasn't
waffled. It certainly was the case last Xeno game and he flipped town.
I missed that, although I only looked at the thing you'd quoted when you asked me instead of his whole ISO.
You mean this, or was there another question that I missed?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:51 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Oh, I guess I didn't mention that those look really bad and that I'm reevaluating my thez read.
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:01 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

In post 804, waynegg wrote:I could hear the obvious sarcasm there
There is no sarcasm, only waynegg inconsistency.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:53 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 791, pieguyn wrote:
@Varsoon:
what do you think about
Interesting, mostly because it resonates with me a bit.

I mean, out of zmon and Wayne, if I had to call one of them scum, I'd send Wayne to the gallows first.

But I don't feel too passionately about either of them being scum.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:22 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Unvote.

Our vote on Thez isn't suitable. I really really want to fucking get a synch with PA, but that's been difficult lately in all of our games.

To start: Mastin is probably fucking Town. His diffident, almost waffle-y stance on some folks seem to be the opposite of Micro 242, Les Miserables, where he was scum, took a hard line on me as Town and then tried to hard line everyone without showing much progression first. In this game, he's showing progression, no matter how shitty you think it is, first.

I'm ok with Mafia as a lynch, but that's only because his contributions have been so lame, they're fucking non-existant, and what was that old saying? "There's always one in the lurkers?"

Wayne's reading crazy, but he's generally baseline crazy, like in the Xeno series.

Whoever pointed out that TNE's reads are derivative, I agree with them, and while Pie has made a few good points, they seem more play based than red based; I still like TNE for scums.

Scumslips are bullshit and you're a bad mafia player if you try to push them. That is all.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:28 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 648, Mac wrote:this worried me because i felt the wall i made previous to this post was well below average and probably didn't deserve a townread out of it. what made you townread me for it?
Don't worry, it's not because it's a magnum fucking opus of towniness. It's more of a baseline of what limited experience I have with you. Lurking then exploding the thread up is very you. It's a derivative of past towniness games I've played with you (one of which I even fucking called you scum) that you're repeating your habits; which is easier as Town than scum.

It's like when I'm scum, I'm more obsessed with 'look at how clever I am' versus actually trying to look Town. When I am Town, I'm much more prone to cut the bullshit.

For example: you and Wayne and even Mastin to a limited degree feel 'right'. (This isn't fucking gut. Gut is something else.) Vashoon, after fucking duping me in Xenogears, will not be sorted into a precious pile unless he slips up and falls on his face Day 2.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

Please try and stay in your hydra if you could.
beefycheese
Psychlone
Psychlone
Goon
Psychlone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:37 pm

Post by Psychlone »

In post 176, MafiaSSK wrote:
Unvote

Varsoon, why is your vote on pieguy?
This question sucks, considering that question is the one most of Varsoon's recent posts were dedicated to answering. Did you ignore the walls, or were you just trying to get him to summarize them for you?
In post 210, zMuffinMan wrote:for being confused about whether i seriously thought your case on morph was good and that morph needed to defend themselves against it?

what do you think about the exchange with varsoon?
No, I thought that the way pieguy went about the reaction test was decently town; it was an odd angle to take, but the way that he went about it seemed decent to me. I also liked his #89 because it's the type of thing that you out to a scumbuddy in the quicktopic as oppose to zero in on in thread.

His side of the exchange with Varsoon seems genuine enough; don't think any of the points brought up on either side have been particularly excellent so far. Did you?
In post 219, mastin2 wrote:Quite frankly, if in my 130+ games, I've never broken the RVS flow as scum, I'd be surprised. (I am town, yes. But I'm concerned about the reasoning behind it.)
I'd be surprised as well! But it's something that you do more often as town than scum, so it's the first step in a dance that you're going to have to maintain for a very long time.
In post 334, thezmon221 wrote:This is what I think, too. He feels a LOT more town than before, and I feel stronger about the pie/V argument being TvT than I did about any argument involving him/MS in Xeno.
Yeah.
In post 350, thenewearth wrote:RBO

are you always like this?

You sound so much like the narrator on the stanley parable.
I like this, actually. Don't understand what the hell it means, but still like it.
In post 362, morph the cat wrote:Would also wagon wayne, this isn't his usual play, but I don't feel like spending 60 page on him raging at me quite yet, and I want to see if he gets why I suspect him.
This much is also very true.
In post 370, zMuffinMan wrote:
Unvote
Vote: MafiaSSK
Normally you telegraph your votes pretty hard, but that didn't really happen here. Why'd you vote SSK here?
In post 602, Varsoon wrote:
In post 589, pieguyn wrote:
I
seriously
don't get you[/b]
so
I'm going to assume
you're scum

DAT ASS TOO FAT
This reads a lot like what Varsoon was trying to emulate in Xenogears LyLo but never quite reached.
In post 621, BROseidon wrote:This was too cogent for your town game until I got down to the last line.
BRO, I love you.
In post 629, Psychlone wrote:Lastwer
Iollk reewasd lasrter
GiF's been drinking himself into a stupor because of his horrible, horrible loneliness.
In post 648, Mac wrote:this worried me because i felt the wall i made previous to this post was well below average and probably didn't deserve a townread out of it. what made you townread me for it?
This wall is showing some promise.
In post 763, MafiaSSK wrote:Why was non-lurker waynegg only contributed a case when asked? That seems super scummy.
What did you think of his Watcher claim?
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:37 pm

Post by Ghostly Penguin »

In post 810, Ghostlin wrote:
Unvote.

Our vote on Thez isn't suitable. I really really want to fucking get a synch with PA, but that's been difficult lately in all of our games.

To start: Mastin is probably fucking Town. His diffident, almost waffle-y stance on some folks seem to be the opposite of Micro 242, Les Miserables, where he was scum, took a hard line on me as Town and then tried to hard line everyone without showing much progression first. In this game, he's showing progression, no matter how shitty you think it is, first.

I'm ok with Mafia as a lynch, but that's only because his contributions have been so lame, they're fucking non-existant, and what was that old saying? "There's always one in the lurkers?"

Wayne's reading crazy, but he's generally baseline crazy, like in the Xeno series.

Whoever pointed out that TNE's reads are derivative, I agree with them, and while Pie has made a few good points, they seem more play based than red based; I still like TNE for scums.

Scumslips are bullshit and you're a bad mafia player if you try to push them. That is all.
In post 811, Ghostlin wrote:
Don't worry, it's not because it's a magnum fucking opus of towniness. It's more of a baseline of what limited experience I have with you. Lurking then exploding the thread up is very you. It's a derivative of past towniness games I've played with you (one of which I even fucking called you scum) that you're repeating your habits; which is easier as Town than scum.

It's like when I'm scum, I'm more obsessed with 'look at how clever I am' versus actually trying to look Town. When I am Town, I'm much more prone to cut the bullshit.

For example: you and Wayne and even Mastin to a limited degree feel 'right'. (This isn't fucking gut. Gut is something else.) Vashoon, after fucking duping me in Xenogears, will not be sorted into a precious pile unless he slips up and falls on his face Day 2.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:38 pm

Post by Ghostly Penguin »

In post 812, borkjerfkin wrote:
Please try and stay in your hydra if you could.
I'm certainly going to try, but I'm really good at hydra slip. I'd probably win a fucking gold metal at it.
Psychlone
Psychlone
Goon
Psychlone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:02 pm

Post by Psychlone »

And it might just be because that was a rushed readthrough, but I don't have a very good handle on the game at the moment. Varsoon & mastin clicked very strongly early. Varsoon's "WOOP WOOP" bits were the parts that served as the final nail in that townread for reasons that Cabd will probably best be able to describe, feel, and Mastin's "fuck I made myself far too obvtown early" + a couple of his wafflefests felt very genuine to me, like he was thrust out into thread and just started ranting.

I'm not sure how I feel about waynegg. I didn't like his translation to the Muffin vote; there was that odd delay with the exchange with morph where I'd expect waynegg-town to vote Muffin the instant that he started suspecting him. His #202, #517 were more along the lines from what I expect from town-waynegg, though. I also think that his Night 2+ watcher claim is a hell of a fakeclaim if he's scum and not really like a bork fakeclaim (hard as hell to fake and hard to fake for a long time), although the role in and of itself is extremely strong. I was originally a little creeped out by Cabd's push on waynegg early because it felt like the mislynches Cabd-scum loves to push (he has a monopoly on the meta there for the most part, so he doesn't even have to show his work in pushing them) but ffery shutting that avenue early felt good to me. I also liked her reaction to mastin2; it felt less like the encased in ice reaction I would expect her to have to a push like that.

pieguyn doesn't feel as town as he did early game, but that probably has more to do with the 60 posts wasted in he and varsoon's back and forth that I most definitely did not follow that closely as opposed to a lack of towniness. His vote on TNE isn't bad, and his interactions with Varsoon after backing off seem pretty good to me.

Ghostlin/PA hydra hasn't done the Ghostlin thing where Ghostlin becomes horribly obvious town, so I'm still waiting on that townination to come. I liked him yelling at Cabd for the scumslip bit, though. Thez feels very, very town in his interactions with waynegg but I'm mostly skimming his posts so far.

SSK vote seems fine for now, TNE leans town for tone.

Vote: MafiaSSK
Psychlone
Psychlone
Goon
Psychlone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:15 pm

Post by Psychlone »

BRO's posting style seems to be becoming more and more like AP's every day :/
In post 142, zMuffinMan wrote:i don't like the continued flippancy from thezmon.

i don't like pieguy being confused about stuff that isn't really confusing at all. and the attack on varsoon is pretty meh.
Neither of these things seem very interesting at all.
In post 161, zMuffinMan wrote:@pieguy,

no, not really.

1. what would have needed to happen for you
not
to consider a vote on thezmon opportunistic?
2. the first part isn't even scummy, and you
are
trying to say everything he does is scummy, so uh... yeah. the second part is kind of ironic but i don't really remember what this is referring to.
3. this didn't happen (he did point out the inconsistency in who you're attacking, but it wasn't "redirecting")
4. *shrug*
5. no
6. no
7. so what? this actually looks more town than scummy

plus it's not about whether or not you have a townread on BRO, but whether or not you
actually
think what varsoon did is scummy, and if you do, you should think BRO is equally scummy for it, regardless of your read on him. or double standards. whatever.
This was the point where I expected you to transition from a tne vote to a pieguy vote, but you kept that useless tne vote on. Why?
In post 325, BROseidon wrote:
In post 319, zMuffinMan wrote:how's this going for you?
Pretty good, actually. Starting to get stuff sorted.
What stuff? What are your reads again?
In post 511, zMuffinMan wrote:yeah that's bullshit. you spent most of your time in xenogears interacting with AJ despite scum reading him from your replacement, and you were scumreading me there and still interacting with me in that game. e.g. this post where you both interact with me and call me scum, or this post shortly after it. you also interacted with ghostlin, and other people you were supposedly scum reading.

you need to die.

Unvote
Vote: waynegg
Why would waynegg lie about something this ridiculous as scum?
In post 622, BROseidon wrote:VOTE: Wayne

Your interactions with muffin and thez remind me of how you dealt with SK/Andy/Amrun in LotR.
But he wasn't scum there, was he...?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:03 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

mastin wrote:It isn't the least bit concerning to you that you've gotten so many townreads on so many of the stronger players, and have the weaker players as scum via POE?
i'm actually in the process of resetting my reads, because i know i had too many town reads.

where i stand right now is

town: mastin, varsoon, GP, psychlone, mac

i didn't like pieguy's entrance to the game, but his reactions to morph's attack on him looked townish and some of the recent exchanges with me looked town. i *think* TNE is town here - i'm kind of just leaving him in my townpile for now on gut and his play here is virtually the opposite of what i remember from playing scum with him (he was less involved, more active lurking, didn't try to create any ripples at all, non-committal in reads). thez's more recent posts have made me feel better about him. wayne i'm still a little iffy on but i don't really wanna deal with him today.

so i'm looking at {mafiaSSK, morph, BRO} atm.

i don't like anything mafiaSSK has done in this game. i don't know how you're not seeing eye to eye with me on mafiaSSK's posts so far.

it feels like BRO's been coasting through the game so far and the scumhunting he's done has been really weak. i also didn't like the way he basically sheeped me onto the wayne and mafiaSSK wagons.

i get pretty much the same feeling from morph as i do from BRO. the scumhunting they've done so far has either been weak or felt really forced. also they've been almost bipolar in their read on me and i feel like that's been going with the flow of the game more than genuine trouble reading me.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:07 pm

Post by waynegg »

I said I would do something tonight...
Thezmon's Honest out of 954 posts total

Once in Xenogears ~ post 987 where he said "I honestly won't make a fit out of it" to BnB and then proceeds to flip shit on them until he replaces out ~ town

Snipped.

Music Theory Mafia ~ posts 189 (personally here too), 244, 716, 720, 937, 939 ~ Scum

Street Racer: New York ~ post 1626 where he's so obviously lying its ridiculous (to the point where he starts with a high town read on someone and by the end of the same short paragraph is damning the same player)~ Town

Kingdom Hearts: Sora's Story Mafia ~ 360 ~Town

Mini 1317 ~ his first game here he said it a lot; Probably trying to look confident and competent.
VOTE: Thezmon

I also read over his play in his games and noticed the same kind of faked indignation he's shown here (que balls deep statement with a theznutz lol reply and then his ooo I'm not replying for an example)
Last edited by borkjerfkin on Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:07 pm

Post by waynegg »

"Honest"
Like LEGO minifigs?
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:09 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

I love how people be hatin on the lurkers.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:25 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

mastin wrote:On SSK: Also gut-town, reinforced by me not liking the push against him.
gut-town based on what?
mastin wrote:Think morph's town
why?
thez wrote:There is no sarcasm, only waynegg inconsistency
nah, it was pretty fucking obvious i was doing it ironically.
psychlone wrote:Normally you telegraph your votes pretty hard, but that didn't really happen here. Why'd you vote SSK here?
i think i tend not to telegraph my votes, actually, but the reasons for the vote really should be obvious
psychlone wrote:This was the point where I expected you to transition from a tne vote to a pieguy vote, but you kept that useless tne vote on. Why?
i was voting thez at the time, not TNE. and why would i change my vote to pie just because of that? thez was the larger wagon at the time (four votes? compared to the lone varsoon vote on pie), and i still thought thez was scum at the time.
psychlone wrote:Why would waynegg lie about something this ridiculous as scum?
i was wary of him trying to fake his "town meta" because of the meta tell morph were claiming they had on him.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:26 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 821, MafiaSSK wrote:I love how people be hatin on the lurkers.
have you read the game yet?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:27 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 772, morph the cat wrote:There will most likely be an incoming reads list update in an hour or two.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”