Mini 1515: Touhou Imperishable Night (Game Over)

Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:52 am

Post by Ghostly Penguin »

In post 975, mastin2 wrote:Helpful Mastin-meta hint:

If my posts seem rock-solid and logical, but feel faked, I'm scum.
If my posts look like they're flawed and full of holes, but FEEL really legitimate, I'm town. :P
In post 978, mastin2 wrote:
In post 976, pieguyn wrote:that'd be fine, but last time I tried that it turned out the person in question was just doing a good job of emulating her town meta T_T
Fair 'nuff. In fact, it's more than fair enough; it's exceptionally fair. :P

'Cause another part about Mastin meta is...there is no real true Mastin meta. :P I vary my play each game, adapting it to the playerlist regardless of my alignment, though the reasons of course differ. (As town, to best work with the others. As scum, to best manipulate them.) So it's fully possible that a scum-me is managing to convincingly-fake that town-tone, that legitimacy. Especially since I typically do things legitimately even as scum a fair bit. (For instance, legitimate roleclaims. There may be a one-little-lie in said roleclaim, but a scum-me's favorite tactic is to use that almost-truth roleclaim for massive towncred.)

But for what it's worth, I'm town. This game would be easier if I were scum ('specially given how much practice I've gotten this year :P), but I'm town, soyeah, we'll have to figure this out, hash things about, and lynch scum.
Are you trying to mindfuck the Town? Because if you're trying to mindfuck the Town, you've succeeded, and that's a HUGE scumtell for me. HUGE.
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:53 am

Post by Ghostly Penguin »

Fuck, either way I shake those two posts up, you've wasted everyone's time on six lines that came to the conclusion that you're kinda full of shit. Which is enough to call that a scumtell at the end of day as well.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:00 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Let's try something specific then.
In post 958, mastin2 wrote:1. BROseidon
2. Ghostly Penguin (Ghostlin + penguin_alien)
3. Mac
6. Morph the Cat (fferyllt + Cabd)
8. Psychlone (GuyInFreezer + Nachomamma8)
9. thenewearth
10. thezmon221
11. Varsoon
13. zMuffinMan

The relevant players. (SSK we'll know the alignment of soon enough assuming the shot was legit, which it definitely looks like it is. Pie's town, and wayne also is pretty damn town. Consider them my tier-1 town.)

Varsoon looks town, zMuffin looks like town, and I *think* Mac's town as well, though I admittedly don't know him well enough to be sure. (Let's call those my tier-2 townreads.) Which leaves...

1. BROseidon
2. Ghostly Penguin (Ghostlin + penguin_alien)
6. Morph the Cat (fferyllt + Cabd)
8. Psychlone (GuyInFreezer + Nachomamma8)
9. thenewearth
10. thezmon221

...Six names, for 2-3 (depending on SSK) scum slots. Now, that's not to say I don't have reads on these players. I just feel like I need to explore each of them a bit. Be back in a while, to see if I can elaborate on my feelings about each. Because, bluntly, aside from BRO, I can see any of them being town (though Psychlone is probably the most concerning to me, with the other two hydras not far behind) or any of them as scum (though I'm admittedly on a purely-HOPING basis looking mainly at TNE and thez).
In post 959, mastin2 wrote:Though that said, morph's probably town. (The real concern is on Psychlone and GP.)
I mostly agree where your question marks are, though I am feeling better about GiF for reasons that are hard to articulate. But, that hydra contains two players who I want to make stakes in the ground, and at the moment I can't.

I'm really not sure what your read of us is, given the above two posts. We're in your list of 6 players where scum must lie, but you think we're town anyway.

But, not as town as varsoon, zmuffin and Mac? Is that what you're saying?

Re Mac, fwiw my town read of him right now is as strong as my town read of him in Xenogears day 1 after a comparable number of his posts. i.e., pretty fucking town and I'd be arguing with people if they were voting him.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:19 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 997, pieguyn wrote:
In post 994, thezmon221 wrote:Why would town-anybody make such a gambit if not for reals?
hint: it's a reaction test

look at how we're all talking about his reaction :>
Based on his reactions, Shoot him.

Side note: *cough* Mini Hakero? *cough*
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:22 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Mastin, cabd here.

Tell me why you can't talk to me. You had zero issue talking with me in xenogears when I was pushing your wagon. What about it being morph makes me unapproachable?
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:27 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 975, mastin2 wrote:Helpful Mastin-meta hint:

If my posts seem rock-solid and logical, but feel faked, I'm scum.
If my posts look like they're flawed and full of holes, but FEEL really legitimate, I'm town. :P
Actually...

That's how I'm saying you're town.

It was not as grand as your previous game (Which I bullshitted... >.<)
But quite honest, IMO
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:55 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1025, Ghostly Penguin wrote:Are you trying to mindfuck the Town?
Nope. The two statements work to augment one another, 'specially when you throw in a third for completion. (Town-Mastin flips a switch from a reads-mess into a scumhunting pseudo-god; Scum-Mastin flips a switch from being a pseudo-scumhunting god into being a paranoid reads mess. :P You've seen this first-hand, Ghostlin, in Xenogears [mess-to-refined] and Les Mis [refined-to-mess].) I have VERY strong tendencies as town and as scum. They're not absolutes of my play, though. I can have a towngame resembling my scum games, and a scumgame resembling my town ones. All of this is true. It'd be flat-out lying to say that these things are absolute, but it'd also be lying to say that they're not present at all. Basically, while I spoke in absolutes (bad habit, I know :P), I'm being as transparent as possible, here. I am town. And if you're town as well, then you'll come around eventually. :P
In post 1029, morph the cat wrote:Tell me why you can't talk to me. You had zero issue talking with me in xenogears when I was pushing your wagon. What about it being morph makes me unapproachable?
Hell if I know. You're right; it's not you. It MIGHT be ffery, but even then, I kinda don't think it's her that's my problem, either. I think it's somehow the magical combination of you two which makes it a bit hard. But that said...
In post 1027, morph the cat wrote:I'm really not sure what your read of us is, given the above two posts. We're in your list of 6 players where scum must lie, but you think we're town anyway.
This I can work with. (Right now, I think me being a bit reactionary and responding to questions will be more useful than proactively asking them. I know, not a good plan as town, but it's better than nothing.) That post shoulda been taken as you being bumped out of the six and reducing it down to five. :P
Basically, yeah, I'd say yes. Town but not as town. Though that said, the strength of all my townreads is MASSIVELY in flux; you're at the bottom now but could be above the other three later, or in the middle at another time. :P

And by the way, a huge concern I have here is that there's an all-around lack of scumminess. SSK is probably scum, but even he has townie bits in his posting. TNE could be scum, but kinda looks like town via gut. Thez could be either. BRO looks like scum, but I don't have much confidence in that. Psychlone is concerning, but also has a lot of town. GP looks a bit like scum to my gut but something's telling me despite that, that they're town. In addition to Mac (who I believe to be town), you (who I also am thinking are town), Varsoon (who could be scum but looks like town), and zMuffinMan (who looks town but I need more research to confirm), there's wayne (who is probably town) and pie (who almost certainly is town).

While I believe fairly strongly the tier-1 players are town, and have a decent amount of confidence in the tier-2 players...I honestly could see an argument for anyone in this game being town and anyone being scum.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:01 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1031, mastin2 wrote:
In post 1025, Ghostly Penguin wrote:Are you trying to mindfuck the Town?
Nope. The two statements work to augment one another, 'specially when you throw in a third for completion. (Town-Mastin flips a switch from a reads-mess into a scumhunting pseudo-god; Scum-Mastin flips a switch from being a pseudo-scumhunting god into being a paranoid reads mess. :P You've seen this first-hand, Ghostlin, in Xenogears [mess-to-refined] and Les Mis [refined-to-mess].) I have VERY strong tendencies as town and as scum. They're not absolutes of my play, though. I can have a towngame resembling my scum games, and a scumgame resembling my town ones. All of this is true. It'd be flat-out lying to say that these things are absolute, but it'd also be lying to say that they're not present at all. Basically, while I spoke in absolutes (bad habit, I know :P), I'm being as transparent as possible, here. I am town. And if you're town as well, then you'll come around eventually. :P
In post 1029, morph the cat wrote:Tell me why you can't talk to me. You had zero issue talking with me in xenogears when I was pushing your wagon. What about it being morph makes me unapproachable?
Hell if I know. You're right; it's not you. It MIGHT be ffery, but even then, I kinda don't think it's her that's my problem, either. I think it's somehow the magical combination of you two which makes it a bit hard. But that said...
In post 1027, morph the cat wrote:I'm really not sure what your read of us is, given the above two posts. We're in your list of 6 players where scum must lie, but you think we're town anyway.
This I can work with. (Right now, I think me being a bit reactionary and responding to questions will be more useful than proactively asking them. I know, not a good plan as town, but it's better than nothing.) That post shoulda been taken as you being bumped out of the six and reducing it down to five. :P
Basically, yeah, I'd say yes. Town but not as town. Though that said, the strength of all my townreads is MASSIVELY in flux; you're at the bottom now but could be above the other three later, or in the middle at another time. :P

And by the way, a huge concern I have here is that there's an all-around lack of scumminess. SSK is probably scum, but even he has townie bits in his posting. TNE could be scum, but kinda looks like town via gut. Thez could be either. BRO looks like scum, but I don't have much confidence in that. Psychlone is concerning, but also has a lot of town. GP looks a bit like scum to my gut but something's telling me despite that, that they're town. In addition to Mac (who I believe to be town), you (who I also am thinking are town), Varsoon (who could be scum but looks like town), and zMuffinMan (who looks town but I need more research to confirm), there's wayne (who is probably town) and pie (who almost certainly is town).

While I believe fairly strongly the tier-1 players are town, and have a decent amount of confidence in the tier-2 players...I honestly could see an argument for anyone in this game being town and anyone being scum.
I can relate to that, though I feel like my reads have begun to firm up. 20 pages ago I was seriously wondering if ANYBODY besides us got a town role PM.

thezmon is giving me fits. I hated his reaction to pieguy's dayvig gambit.
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:57 pm

Post by waynegg »

In post 986, pieguyn wrote:and yeah, I still have to use my shot on D1 or else I lose it. the only fake part was shooting in thread
Coughthezmoncough
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:59 pm

Post by waynegg »

In post 992, morph the cat wrote:
In post 989, thezmon221 wrote:Sounds like wayne's right and it was a scum gambit imho.
You think scumpie makes a dayvig gambit, gets SSK to claim, and then thinks he can walk away without getting lynched into the fucking ground when no dayvig shot goes off and day one ends?
Umm Mastin, not Pie
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:03 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1033, waynegg wrote:
In post 986, pieguyn wrote:and yeah, I still have to use my shot on D1 or else I lose it. the only fake part was shooting in thread
Coughthezmoncough
It annoys the fuck out of me when someone who's scumreading me posts something I agree with.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:05 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Vigpool of {ssk, thez} sounds divine right about now.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:06 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Oh hai ffery.
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:07 pm

Post by waynegg »

In post 1006, mastin2 wrote:
In post 985, pieguyn wrote:MafiaSSK's very first post after I made that shot leans obvscum (sad that he got shot without really being pissed off about it). the rest of it leans town but it could be because he realized the shot might be fake = = kind of conflicted on the read I got from him.
Dammit, now me saying this will sound like it's sheeping you. :P

Butyeah. That was my exact same thought as well. First post looked like scum, rest look like town.
Oh! So you
weren't
trying to get him to reclaim and contradict himself...

Ffery, could you insert that sarcastic head nod gif please?
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:11 pm

Post by waynegg »

In post 1024, Ghostly Penguin wrote:
In post 1012, MafiaSSK wrote:NO, GODDAMNIT, NO. HOW ARE THESE BULLSHIT REACTION TESTS STILL FUCKING ALLOWED? They're bullshit! They don't tell anything! Guess what? I'm still town. I'm still whatever my flavor name is, I'm still a freaking VT. No, my first post after the fake shot was not a scum post. You know why? Because I was actually starting to give two shits about this game and then vigged. But screw it! Shoot me if you want pieguy. But these reaction tests are just dumb.
I agree with the stance that reaction tests are bullshit. I also hate fucking gambits. But they're a very Town thing to do unless you're renowned for doing them as scum. You can't fake that much attenton whoring, and so Pie's feeling a little better.

However, the sheer amount of whining over a pro-town move stinks of protesting too fucking much. There are so many fucking things you could be doing than shit-posting this.
No, but you can be a whore as either alignment. Just ask cabd. :P
Like LEGO minifigs?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:12 pm

Post by morph the cat »

I'm not ffery but:
Rift Adrift wrote: Image
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:12 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1039, waynegg wrote:Just ask cabd.
And why would you have him ask me when I'm supposedly obvscum and will lie to kill your ass dead?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:19 pm

Post by waynegg »

So really guys. Is it going to have to be me, who none of you guys give credit to until well after I'm dead (I feel like Van Gogh playing this game so often), to set in on TNE. The first person who says "well, you can't fake that kind of..." gets their freaking head cut off. Stupid is easy to fake. Which is probably why so many people play VI...

cabd ~ since when do I post my honest reads early? Sheesh, you aren't newb on me.
Like LEGO minifigs?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:20 pm

Post by morph the cat »

All I have to say is "fucking called it" WRT 1042
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:20 pm

Post by waynegg »

And thanks for the gif. And maybe some 6p <3?
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:22 pm

Post by waynegg »

In post 1043, morph the cat wrote:All I have to say is "fucking called it" WRT 1042
What? My real reads? :lol:

Well, one of them is real anyhow.
Like LEGO minifigs?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:24 pm

Post by morph the cat »

I will never forgive you for this untimely reread of Death's Diner jsyk
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:26 pm

Post by waynegg »

I weren't in that.
Like LEGO minifigs?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:27 pm

Post by morph the cat »

For the snark thing, wayne.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:29 pm

Post by morph the cat »

The entire playerlist is in your debt because the amount of snark I posted in that game nearly resulted in a snark event horizon as it was.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”