NY 167: COMPLETELY NORMAL Mafia (GAME OVER)

sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:47 am

Post by sangres »

In post 1074, Guyett wrote:Then why put me in the scum pile?
looks like you're hedging there
Least scummy of my scumpile at the time I made the reads post. Your wagon taking off and your reactions to it were basically what crystalized the supersaturated solution. You're not in my scumpile now.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:48 am

Post by Guyett »

What have I done to move me out of the scum pile?
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:53 am

Post by sangres »

In post 1076, Guyett wrote:What have I done to move me out of the scum pile?
Your reactions to your wagon initially. I think you're also getting the benefit of a tendency I have to townread players who scumread me under certain circumstances, which boil down to their reasons for scumreading me. Aspects of my play don't mesh well with site meta and with majority-lynch dynamics. I learned mafia in a 24 hour game day environment with plurality lynch, and that affects how I think about and react to wagons, especially wagons with a lot of sudden momentum.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:05 am

Post by yessiree »

In post 965, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 964, yessiree wrote:the wake slot is scum

i dunno why you're scum though, ask my brain maybe
i don't think i'd have a lot of luck with that

why wake
I recently finished a game with wake

he was town; he was in the process of moving and was working like 10 hour shifts, but despite the fact that he was busy as hell, he did not ask to be replaced out of that game. he squeezed time to contribute and his posts were logical in general.

in this game, he had been acting the polar opposite in this game, illogical, diffident, minimal contribution. he has partners, he's unsure on the approach to contribute, he's scum
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:06 am

Post by goodmorning »

but still not really any closer to lynching anyone

so

Votecount 1.34

JacobSavage [L-5] - sangres, MC Maraca, Cephrir, Hermy

Guyett [L-6] - PeregrineV, TheIrishPope, Angry Frat BROs

orcinus_theoriginal [L-7] - Sakura Hana, yessiree

Angry Frat BROs [L-7] - likeabauss, Guyett

Hermy [L-8] - RadiantCowbells

Sakura Hana [L-8] - orcinus_theoriginal

Not Voting [3] - JacobSavage, caledfwitch, Toomai, MVP

With 17 alive, it takes
to lynch. The day will end in (expired on 2013-11-20 09:39:00)

Toomai is V/LA through 11/9.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:18 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Hooray, 27 pages!

Skim-o-matic activated.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:32 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Made it 4 pages before interest was lost.

Anyone want to catch me up instead?

Like....JacobSavage!!

@Jacob- What are the current game events?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:00 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

Fuck knows, I've been skimming just trying to keep up. What I've gathered though

Likeabuss's claim to be able to read Rank seems town as fuck, however I'm not sure how valid his read is.

I like yessire's thoughts on wake. From what I've seen of him this replace out does seem totally not himself.

sangres seems to have a hard on for me, not sure why, must be so pretty.

Orc appears to be flailing a little with Buss push on him and try's to defend far to hard against something he can't.

Guyett seems town because of his relaxed attitute, he's actively calling people out and to me he's either motivated town or Serial Killer (tend to be more motivated anyway). TIP doesn't seem to be taking as much of a lead as one would expect, this could be the sheer volume of posts thats been happening or it could be the fact that there are bigger names that him, but either way he's one to watch out for.
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:03 pm

Post by Guyett »

Wake replaced out of a lot of games so I wouldn't use that as an admission of guilt on that slot
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:05 pm

Post by Guyett »

You missed out a load of players there jacob....
any comments on AFB, Caled, RC and MC?
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:19 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

AFB meh.
Caled and RC I don't remeber anything of.
And I liked MC's Maraca's
"
"

I have a GTKAS!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:23 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Wow what a stellar display of towniness, I am overawed by the catchup post.

Oh wait no, I'm not.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:29 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

I wasnt expecting you too.
"
"

I have a GTKAS!
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:05 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 1083, Guyett wrote:Wake replaced out of a lot of games so I wouldn't use that as an admission of guilt on that slot
the mere act of replacing out is not indicative of his alignment, certain traits have to be observed along with this occurrence

and in this case, these traits have been observed as explained above
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:10 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 1082, JacobSavage wrote:Fuck knows, I've been skimming just trying to keep up. What I've gathered though

Likeabuss's claim to be able to read Rank seems town as fuck, however I'm not sure how valid his read is.

I like yessire's thoughts on wake. From what I've seen of him this replace out does seem totally not himself.

Orc appears to be flailing a little with Buss push on him and try's to defend far to hard against something he can't.

Guyett seems town because of his relaxed attitute, he's actively calling people out and to me he's either motivated town or Serial Killer (tend to be more motivated anyway). TIP doesn't seem to be taking as much of a lead as one would expect, this could be the sheer volume of posts thats been happening or it could be the fact that there are bigger names that him, but either way he's one to watch out for.
anyone that could tell me why this has a high chance of being a scumpost will get... Candy... or something

maybe marameta points
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:26 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 1017, MVP wrote:
In post 1013, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:mvp why is cabd/mara scum?
That one terrible misrep from Cabd is enough for me. And Purple defending it with "I didn't do it. Cabd did."
what terrible misrep?

AND OHMAIGOD

I KNOW WHO YOU ARE
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:34 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 1089, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 1082, JacobSavage wrote:Fuck knows, I've been skimming just trying to keep up. What I've gathered though

anyone that could tell me why this has a high chance of being a scumpost will get... Candy... or something

maybe marameta points
Let's see, he didnt comment on my back and forth with orc.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:53 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 1059, likeabauss wrote:He's avoided taking a stance on FratBros and MC Maraca.
you're kidding me. he was one of the first people we pushed

and no, Sakura :(
Angry Frat BROs
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:53 pm

Post by Angry Frat BROs »

In post 916, likeabauss wrote:I don't get that people here will generally accept Mara or Nachos read on TIP without question, but I throw down on Rank and its a great big production
Here’s the difference: I’ll ask Mara or Nacho why they’ve scumread TIP, and they’ll give me an answer about his gameplay based on experience. I’ll read that case, decide whether it makes sense, and then vote accordingly if I agree.

You build cases that are shit, don’t substantiate your points, try to twist narratives to fit your agenda, and then expect people to blindly sheep it.

It’s shitty and highly scum-motivated.
In post 944, Cephrir wrote:I liked that he had a convoluted argument that, while less than stellar, had an internal logic to it. He has an over-the-top assurance that reminds me of Scumrir (only moreso), and when most players sound like Scumrir I find they're usually town. I really like abrasiveness, and he's preaching a level of certainty here that I don't see coming from scum (with possible exceptions for really prolific players, but I've never heard of him). And I'm also a fan of crazy-ass logic when it isn't completely stupid (like, he is saying things about words you actually wrote and I can imagine someone thinking as he does).
Pertaining to your first point: the reason I’m scumreading him right now is that his play reminds me of how you dealt with BulbaFenix on D2 in NY165. He’s twisting every word I say to try to build a case about me being scum: when I said that I was townreading all the active players except RC, he twisted it into me saying that activity is a towntell. When I defended Orc against the same shitty logic he used against me about replacements, he came in and said it was me defending a scumbuddy, instead of, I don’t know, a townie defending someone from the same shit logic he used against that townie.

There’s no way this is town. Building a shit case based on strawmans and shitty numbers that one fails to substantiate is one thing, but agreeing with that case is worse.
In post 971, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:5. JacobSavage maybe scum given meta
7. caledfwitch have not looked at yet
8. Guyett* increasingly scum given he was run up to l-2, and has been lurking ever since wagon defused
12. Hermy have not looked at yet
13. PeregrineV i remember PV lurking as town but I'd have to hceck
14. RadiantCowbells policy bait
15. Toomai picks on low-hanging fruit, thinking scum
JS is reminding me on NY165. Need to reread Jobpick and read some other towngames for a sense of meta.
Guyett’s doing that thing that I did in NY 165 where I lurked until the pressure on me was gone.
P5 lurks as town. Not sure about his scumgame.
In post 986, likeabauss wrote:In this scenario, I'm highly confident in my read,
I've laid out why,
and that should be
sufficient
to get the slot lynched, vig'd, investigated, RB'd, etc.
You don’t seem to understand what the words “why” or “sufficient” mean.

Orc/Sakura makes Orc look town, but is null on Sakura.

Holy fucking shit Bauss you’re going to make me have a fucking aneurysm. NO. I’M NOT SCUM. YOU’RE A FUCKING RETARD WHO’S TOO FAR UP HIS OWN FUCKING ASS TO SEE THAT YOU’RE SPEWING A LOAD OF HORSESHIT.

OR YOU’RE SCUM PUSHING FOR A MISLYNCH. FUCK OFF ASSHOLE.
In post 1062, Cephrir wrote:Although I bet one of your suspects is probably right, this post is full of confirmation bias and things that are not really happening. I have underlined a number of examples of this.

Also, I almost want you to produce the italicized now because it's beginning to sound like this is baseless. And your failure to agree with my assumption tells me it was not a good assumption.

I still think you're town but you really need to ease off on the death tunnel.
HOLY SHIT. THANK YOU. I’m glad this game isn’t full of fucking retards.
In post 1063, Cephrir wrote:Also, you think way too strongly that everything everyone does is a reaction to do, such as that orcinus "cautionusly asking for a reads list" is a direct response to your assertion that we should be careful with them this game. Even if he's scum he probably isn't that worried about one line that one person said. You are not the end all be all god of scumhunting.
Like you did with BulbaFenix. See what I’m gunning at here…
In post 1078, yessiree wrote:I recently finished a game with wake

he was town; he was in the process of moving and was working like 10 hour shifts, but despite the fact that he was busy as hell, he did not ask to be replaced out of that game. he squeezed time to contribute and his posts were logical in general.

in this game, he had been acting the polar opposite in this game, illogical, diffident, minimal contribution. he has partners, he's unsure on the approach to contribute, he's scum
Ignores that he replaced-out cross-site.
In post 1082, JacobSavage wrote:I like yessire's thoughts on wake. From what I've seen of him this replace out does seem totally not himself.
1) Any thoughts on what AP/I have posted given that you’ve just finished a game where we were both scum.
2) It’s still scummy to agree with flawed logic.
In post 1088, yessiree wrote:
In post 1083, Guyett wrote:Wake replaced out of a lot of games so I wouldn't use that as an admission of guilt on that slot
the mere act of replacing out is not indicative of his alignment, certain traits have to be observed along with this occurrence

and in this case, these traits have been observed as explained above
You also don’t seem to understand what a good argument entails.

No way both bauss/yessiree are town. There’s no way we have two townies who are so monumentally moronic.

Holy fucking shit we’re dealing with so much stupid here. We should expect like 4-5 scum here, right?

OH HEY LOOK I HAVEN’T READ AN RC POST IN LIKE 10 PAGES.

HEY FUCKER, STOP LURKING AFTER I CALL YOU OUT FOR BEING SCUM AND GET BACK HERE SO I CAN LYNCH YOUR SCUMMY ASS.

Bauss/yessiree/JS/Guyett/RC<–Scum’s there’s your scumreads.

VOTE: JS since apparently you fuckers are okay with letting Guyett lurk out his wagon.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:54 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

*we were one of the first people he pushed
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:16 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1093, Angry Frat BROs wrote:
In post 944, Cephrir wrote:I liked that he had a convoluted argument that, while less than stellar, had an internal logic to it. He has an over-the-top assurance that reminds me of Scumrir (only moreso), and when most players sound like Scumrir I find they're usually town. I really like abrasiveness, and he's preaching a level of certainty here that I don't see coming from scum (with possible exceptions for really prolific players, but I've never heard of him). And I'm also a fan of crazy-ass logic when it isn't completely stupid (like, he is saying things about words you actually wrote and I can imagine someone thinking as he does).
Pertaining to your first point: the reason I’m scumreading him right now is that his play reminds me of how you dealt with BulbaFenix on D2 in NY165. He’s twisting every word I say to try to build a case about me being scum: when I said that I was townreading all the active players except RC, he twisted it into me saying that activity is a towntell. When I defended Orc against the same shitty logic he used against me about replacements, he came in and said it was me defending a scumbuddy, instead of, I don’t know, a townie defending someone from the same shit logic he used against that townie.
For some reason I got confused when you said EddieFenix instead of BulbaFenix. Yeah, okay, this makes sense. In my defense I honestly thought Bulba was the SK >.>

Even though there is logic to it I'm still not going to lynch likeabauss anytime soon, though.

There’s no way this is town
. Building a shit case based on strawmans and shitty numbers that one fails to substantiate is one thing, but agreeing with that case is worse.
I don't agree! D:

Also, I changed my mind, read list incoming.

FTFY.
Last edited by goodmorning on Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:34 pm

Post by Cephrir »

TOWN

yessiree
- massive and unnecessary abrasiveness reminds me of Scumrir, which in anyone else is a towntell

LEANING TOWN
orcinus_theoriginal
- meta! (as explained already, this was redacted #2)
MVP
- really posty, contributing without really bothering me (since page 5 anyway)
likeabauss
- y'all have argued him down from the top for me. I was seeing the hypercertainty as townie initially, but now I'm thinking it almost lacks that modicum of townie paranoia that comes from not actually knowing everyone's alignment. I suppose the moonlogic isn't as telling as I felt originally given that it does kinda suck. Also, this is just occurring to me, but you accused someone of trying to drive discussion, yeah? Then what have you been doing?
Hermy
- beautiful, fragile flower
AFB
- their play is really town, but I can't trust them completely because I know how good they are as scum. Also, I disliked their trajectory on me.

NULL

Sakura Hana
- hated her at first, genuine pages 30-35, not sure what to make of recent stuff.
Toomai
- Both my town phones and my scum phones are firmly on their hooks and not ringing.
sangres
- not obvtown yet, and tbh still won't be even if they're right about JacobSavage
PeregrineV
- you're in this game?
Guyett
- I don't actually feel like he's been lurking recently, I've been seeing posts from him and liking them

LEANING SCUM

RadiantCowbells
- duh
MC Maraca
- They just aren't inspiring me with confidence! I don't know what I expect out of townCabd put he's being too self-deprecating for my taste. It doesn't seem like him. At the same time, I've been rethinking this, because I don't know if I can picture Mara doing EXACTLY what she did in VS with the hydra diss on me (this was redacted #1)
caledfwitch
- duh
JacobSavage
- duh

SIR NOT APPEARING IN THIS LIST

TIP
- Dunno!
Bartleby the Scrivener
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:21 pm

Post by yessiree »

I like angry frat bros' response, sounds like bob in an angry town mob
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:24 pm

Post by yessiree »

tbqh I dont have any original scumread, which means the scums in this game are hard to read as fuck

VOTE: MC Maraca

༼ᕗຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ Drop Bows on em ༼ᕗຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
likeabauss
likeabauss
Goon
likeabauss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:49 pm

Post by likeabauss »

My cases aren't shit, they're just different. I play differently than most people on this board and so it may seem foreign to some of you. But I've had some pretty significant success here with my "shit cases." Fuck the pretentiousness of players here that put down somebody else's play. Seriously. Call it moonlogic, call it shit, I don't care. It works for me and its more fun than just rereading old games and saying "Meta, meta, meta."

If anybody wants to lynch scum today, I found two: FratBoys and Orcinus. One on my shit reads and the other on meta of a player that I know too well. I'm out for a bit.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”