Mini 1515: Touhou Imperishable Night (Game Over)

morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:26 pm

Post by morph the cat »

It's not nearly as exciting as something cool like drunk nacho. She's a relatively normal one.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:26 pm

Post by pieguyn »

bullshit implies that my reaction test is wrong. but then in the same post he comments that the reaction that we got from that reaction test was valid, implying this one wasn't bullshit. it's contradictory and seems like he could easily waffle off it

can I go drinking with you all ww I'm not legal yet but who cares
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:27 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1126, pieguyn wrote:can I go drinking with you all ww I'm not legal yet but who cares
Depends on the quality of your fake ID and what you look like IRL; paired with your proximity to Central California.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:27 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1123, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1120, morph the cat wrote:What the fuck is going on in this game?
Ffery go home you're drunk.
You're not the boss of me.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:28 pm

Post by BROseidon »

He means bullshit as in a cheap tactic.

There's the disconnect.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:29 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I went to a restaurant the other day and the guy tried to seat us at the bar not even realizing I wasn't legal. I could probably get away with it <3
BROseidon wrote:He means bullshit as in a cheap tactic.

There's the disconnect.
if it's a cheap tactic, I'd think that would imply that it doesn't work very well. otherwise it'd be a perfectly valid tactic
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:30 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1121, pieguyn wrote:cause I don't see anything wrong with his posts. and I seriously don't get why the hell every other player besides me is scumreading him, which is setting off alarms. I'd really like if someone could explain their scumread on him cause I don't see it >_<//
I don't scum-read him in every game. Sometimes his positions don't just make sense, they parallel my own. And when that happens, he's town as fuck and I don't care who disagrees.

That is not happening this game.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:34 pm

Post by pieguyn »

that makes sense, but it's not something I'd be able to understand 0.0 incidentally, some of his positions have been very similar to mine, so I'd be inclined to townread him if I used that reasoning (although I get this is meta based off you and thus doesn't apply to me)

I'm mostly looking for an explanation from all the people who just called his posts terrible without giving a real explanation why, and/or jumped on the wagon.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:34 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1130, pieguyn wrote:if it's a cheap tactic, I'd think that would imply that it doesn't work very well. otherwise it'd be a perfectly valid tactic
Cheap as in dirty.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:37 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1133, BROseidon wrote:
In post 1130, pieguyn wrote:if it's a cheap tactic, I'd think that would imply that it doesn't work very well. otherwise it'd be a perfectly valid tactic
Cheap as in dirty.
if that's the case, I'd think that would serve to imply that the person using it is on the opposite alignment as you. under the assumption that everyone is playing to win, if someone on the same side as you uses it, then there should be no problem, explicitly because of how dirty it is. however, he seems to be raging about it a lot. (then again SSK did the same thing and he was town)

I still think he could easily waffle off that statement if need be, saying reaction tests don't give valid results.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:43 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1134, pieguyn wrote:if that's the case, I'd think that would serve to imply that the person using it is on the opposite alignment as you. under the assumption that everyone is playing to win, if someone on the same side as you uses it, then there should be no problem, explicitly because of how dirty it is. however, he seems to be raging about it a lot. (then again SSK did the same thing and he was town)

I still think he could easily waffle off that statement if need be, saying reaction tests don't give valid results.
There's a fundamental difference in philosophy that you're missing.

Here's an article that explains Ghost's perspective on this, I think (treat Ghost as the scrub):

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing- ... art-1.html
Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:56 pm

Post by Ghostly Penguin »

Despite grousing to Ghostlin most of this game that pieguyn was scummy, I like that pieguyn is pushing back on him for calling his reaction test bullshit without resorting to 'I just proved myself as a dayvig!!!' arguments. That with said dayvig is worth a town read.

Mastin feels very studied this game. I don't like a thezmon wagon, but TNE is acceptable pending a synch with Ghostlin.

BRO, I'm not sure; still feeling the paranoia-burn of NY 165 to trust D1 reads on him.

--PA
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:02 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1136, Ghostly Penguin wrote:Despite grousing to Ghostlin most of this game that pieguyn was scummy,
mind explaining why?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:42 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

reading after sleep
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:13 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1131, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1121, pieguyn wrote:cause I don't see anything wrong with his posts. and I seriously don't get why the hell every other player besides me is scumreading him, which is setting off alarms. I'd really like if someone could explain their scumread on him cause I don't see it >_<//
I don't scum-read him in every game. Sometimes his positions don't just make sense, they parallel my own. And when that happens, he's town as fuck and I don't care who disagrees.

That is not happening this game.
Meh. Experiential meta is a lot more complicated than this implies, but strongly parallel reads has been a town alignment indicator. However on one occasion where he was scum and my townpile was fucking riddled with scum (thanks, Cabd Image) he was happy to "parallel" most of my reads.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:53 am

Post by mastin2 »

Just want to point out the modification to my signature, because apparently nobody notices them, now has an important link in it. (Important because I am lonely and I crave attention. :P)
In post 1072, zMuffinMan wrote:[5] MafiaSSK (zMuffinMan, BROseidon, Psychlone, thezmon221, Morph the Cat)

2 scum in those names? it's possible there's only 1 given how many people were softly supporting that wagon without actually jumping on it. i'm guessing BRO is one and if there's another it's in the late supporters {thez, morph}. i didn't like the way either of them slid onto the wagon.
I was thinking a maximum of only 1, actually. Like I said, SSK being town makes me think his wagon was also town-driven, counter-intuitive as that may seem.

I am voting BRO for a combination of reasons. First off, his overall posting has been bad; zMuffinMan said it best when he said to read BROs iso. That, alone, wouldn't be enough to condemn him. 1085, however, is. It's as blatantly scummy as a scumpost can get coming from a player of his caliber. (By which, I mean, of course it's not going to be entirely terrible. Of course it's going to say stuff that looks sorta good. But overall, it's just. plain. awful.)

First off, the entire method of catching up is scum-oriented, in that the stream-of-consciousness posting he's doing is meant to make him look like an ignorant townie, but the simple fact of the matter is, it's fake-as-hell. He knew damn good and well what he was doing the entire time he was typing it, and bluntly, he wasn't in the dark as much as he was pretending to be. Then there's a bundle-load of bad things in the post. I'll quote them later when I have more free time available. Basically, they're convenient, they're opportunistic, they're artificial-as-hell, and overall REEK of pushing a scum agenda.
In post 1136, Ghostly Penguin wrote:Mastin feels very studied this game.
I really don't know how you get that impression, seeing as how if I were actually well-studied, I'd have something concrete on players. :P

Bit of a side-note, but it's definitely actually a concern of mine that Ghostlin ISN'T townreading me. I'll hold off on the reasons why, but needless to say, I feel that a town-Ghostlin would be townreading me, and it's concerning me that he hasn't.

/more later.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:47 am

Post by waynegg »

Can we just lynch thez yet?
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:40 pm

Post by pieguyn »

wait wtf, GP wasn't even on SSK?

In that case, I really don't like how he was saying he was suspicious of SSK
In post 529, Ghostly Penguin wrote:Did you guys just start realizing that SSK was doing fuck-all? Or did these votes exist for another reason? I approve either way.
In post 852, Ghostly Penguin wrote:
In post 821, MafiaSSK wrote:I love how people be hatin on the lurkers.
There's this new and exciting thing we call playing the game. It's all the rage with all of us who want to catch scum. And scum usually try to fake it if they don't want to get compromise policy shit lynched Day 1.

It's refreshing to see obv-scum not bother to fake it, tho', it kind of reminds me where I can always go for scum, like a going to the convenience store to get a slurpee.
this just seems like he was trying to further the wagon on SSK without actually being on there. it's another case of him not really pursuing anything and instead just commenting on it

now that I think about it more, if he's really scum trying to fake his town meta via tone/diction, it would explain where the hell that logic on me came from:
In post 853, Ghostly Penguin wrote:
In post 831, pieguyn wrote:can you explain the "play based" vs. "read based"? I don't understand what you mean here.
Mostly based on how the game is played, rather than the people contained within it. In other words, I'm not feeling the definite reads vibe from you, and considering you're not proven you're as cheeky as Mastin for example, it feels...off.
interesting, he's placing suspicion on me because I'm looking at his actions and outright ignoring his tone/diction. but this is just speculation
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:40 pm

Post by pieguyn »

@Ghostlin:
plz explain better your stance on the reaction test? I still don't understand it >_<
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:44 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1142, pieguyn wrote:wait wtf, GP wasn't even on SSK?
It's a ridiculously-common scum tactic to push for the mislynch of a town player with words yet remain off the wagon, so that when said player dies, you've evaded the watchful eyes of VCA players, and the only way to catch that you were suspicious of said flipped town player is to go through the effort of reading, which most players are too lazy to do.

There's a reason I think the SSK wagon has at most 1 scum.

(Yes. I know. I was off the wagon and pushed him as scum, too. :P I fully realize it makes me more suspicious. Doesn't change that I find the other player slots who've done the same thing to be any less likely to be scum. :P)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:47 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Speaking of which, not being lazy, I looked at Mac. Who had Mac as a weak scumread, but reversed it in a sense, later defending attacks against him. It's something to look into. (Also, Mac's iso is much shorter than I remember it being, which is another concern; he's been posting much less than I thought he was, and it has me worried.)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:51 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Varsoon's interaction with SSK is also quite concerning.
In post 929, Varsoon wrote:
@Pieguy:
I get where you're going with seeing them making similar plays to you, but the plays that those players made were not the plays you made, which I still hold are scummier. Your recent interactions haven't convinced me to pull my vote from you, and while SSK's claim is weak and doesn't feel genuine, I'm keeping my vote where I feel the strongest.
Other spots as well, but this one in particular seems to ping me as worrisome.

(Yes, I know, I have both Mac and Varsoon as townreads. Consider this morph getting bumped up above them while I re-evaluate. :P)
My academy.
Agnigi
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:55 pm

Post by pieguyn »

with that one I was more concerned about his blatant scumpainting. he just assumes that my intent was to get his vote off me, when it was really to confirm my read on him.

note Varsoon also basically want "omg his reaction was obvtown" after he had flipped. especially with him being suspicious of SSK, that's pinging me so hard I don't even. why couldn't he have actually said that before SSK had flipped? either way, it seems like such a massive flip flop and I honestly don't even get how that reaction could be interpreted as town, especially with SSK's first post.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:56 pm

Post by pieguyn »

well shit why not just ask him
@Varsoon:
why was SSK's reaction to the dayvig "obvtown"? and why didn't you say this before he flipped?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:59 pm

Post by mastin2 »

[5] MafiaSSK (zMuffinMan, BROseidon, Psychlone, thezmon221, Morph the Cat)
^I'll need to look at these later, to see the reasons why to be on. But basically, I don't think anyone in here except for BRO and Psychlone have above-average chances of being scum. (Thezmon is borderline, but I'm leaning town on gut.) Psychlone isn't a scumread, either; I really think BRO is scum this game. (Yeah, yeah. I know. I don't exactly have a stellar track record with him. But I think I'm getting better.)

Basically, I'm looking outside the wagon. GP is concerning. Mac/Venmar have pinged, but off the top of my head, still thinking Mac's town. Varsoon, though, I need to be sure of. I caught wind of what may be his Xenogears scum-self in his iso a bit, in some of his comments. (I think comments surrounding SSK.) TNE has nothing about SSK, and thus on that point is null. (TNE's alignment we'll have to figure out the old-fashioned way.) That leaves wayne, whose comments I continue to be reading as town, and pie, who pretty much is town.

Essentially, right now, kinda looking at BRO, GP, and maybe Varsoon as a scumteam, but heck if I know. The switch hasn't been flipped. I'm still in mega-doubt mode. :P
My academy.
Agnigi

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”