[M] Newbie 1440: Maestro's Manic Mafia - DAY 3

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
scotpgot
scotpgot
Townie
scotpgot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:06 am

Post by scotpgot »

Well, now that I know I'm not alone.

VOTE: The Acting Method
In post 231, The Acting Method wrote: It could, Obviously Scum found Aphix to be a threat of some kind. That or he may have thought them town and they felt it worth it to kill him to give them town cred. It's a two sided sword.
I'd also like to say that it clears me more likely than not. Because for what reason would I want to kill Aphix dead.

I'd have to question why the scum kept me alive though. As the IC in theory they would want me dead more than the others. So that is why I lean to an advantage for them from it.
That^^^ always struck me as wrong. WiFoM, yes. But...I don't know...forced, somehow. Not natural. How does the aphix murder clear you?

I was confused for a good number of days by the aphix murder. But I've thought of a possibility: It seems to me the aphix murder had less to do with aphix and more to do with everyone's reads on aphix. Rather than murdering a clear townie, scum murders the person who almost certainly would have been the next "on the block", with the single goal of creating confusion. That's a smart play by a smart player.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:06 am

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 275, Smudger wrote:
In post 271, theslimer3 wrote:But still, the claim makes absolutely no sense just to share your results,

no sense?, you were preparing a wagon on Naio, it made every sense to me,
And you enforcing it so deeply, or now that I see it cearly, your claim that he's town is really unnecessary. If you have to let him die, so be it. But to risk your role to protect him isn't quite worth it.

As for the growing TAM wagon, I'll go relook, but I guess I have no choice but to see you two as town. Sorry to be so blind.
UNVOTE:
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:39 am

Post by Peabody »

Smudger - I'm voting TAM over Slimer because I think that his reasoning for unvoting Naio was based on your soft claim. But now I find out it wasn't. TAM unvoted Naio because Naio seemingly answered or clarified the question about him. Which Naio didn't even answer the question! It looks like TAM was trying to back off of the wagon of a townie and be pegged as scum the next day.

I do think slimer has been scummy based on his attack on you, the way he pushes his cases, and for his general day 1 play, but slimer appears not to have seen your soft claim while TAM already made a couple speculations about your role though he never said what those speculations were.

Spoiler: These are excerpts which lead me to believe TAM saw your soft claim:
TAM 224 wrote:
You seem to be missing something very obvious that I would be considering when having this kind of conversation.
(Though I tend to try and consider everything when I'm the IC.) And that is the other possibility.

And please explain why Naio's opening post is a n00b town mistake.
TAM 249 wrote:
So Smudger, when I tell you all of this. Does this make you more wary of your Naio is town claim?
I actually find your surety very alarming personally. Mainly because as I have said, I have seen "n00b" scum make mistakes.
Hell half of my Naio push has been clearing up exactly what his second "Mistake" he was thinking of was. He has responded in a town way so I will agree. Just keep in mind that I have made it quite clear why I'm not one to take an "Oh it's just a n00b town mistake" thing.
This one doesn't look exactly like he got it, but it does look like role fishing.
TAM 258 wrote:
I know. You have claimed him town.
No where have I said Naio has claimed himself town. Did you read my last post at all? Let me bold for you a few key points...

And finally, after pointing out all of the reasons I was wary of the "newb town mistake"
I conclude by asking you if you are still a hundred percent positive that he is practically confirmed town. In fact I even state (and I've underlined this) that YOU are the one claiming Naio is town.
Also note the below, in particular what I said before I unvoted.
TAM 262 wrote:
Show me how saying that you "know" Naio is town is pro-town.
It is day two. Assuming that you "know" he is pro-town for the reason I think you are saying that, how is you saying that helpful to town?
Because there are only two ways to know for certain Naio's alignment without a flip from him/her.
And the way you're going about it doesn't fill me with confidence that you, yourself is town. As it is, you are one of my suspects after reading through a little. Unfortunately Splash/Mollie did a very good job of hiding who their partner was from me.
TAM 266 wrote:I'll will happily accept a lynch of Slimer or Atlas, Smudger I wouldn't mind too much if I didn't have my own theories about his role.
Emphasis is mine.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:40 am

Post by Peabody »

Now that I go back and look at the posts, it looks like TAM did see your soft claims, but chose to instead push further for a real claim rather than accepting the softclaim and just not saying anything about it like I did.
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:31 am

Post by The Acting Method »

In post 276, scotpgot wrote:Well, now that I know I'm not alone.

VOTE: The Acting Method
In post 231, The Acting Method wrote: It could, Obviously Scum found Aphix to be a threat of some kind. That or he may have thought them town and they felt it worth it to kill him to give them town cred. It's a two sided sword.
I'd also like to say that it clears me more likely than not. Because for what reason would I want to kill Aphix dead.

I'd have to question why the scum kept me alive though. As the IC in theory they would want me dead more than the others. So that is why I lean to an advantage for them from it.
That^^^ always struck me as wrong. WiFoM, yes. But...I don't know...forced, somehow. Not natural. How does the aphix murder clear you?

I was confused for a good number of days by the aphix murder. But I've thought of a possibility: It seems to me the aphix murder had less to do with aphix and more to do with everyone's reads on aphix. Rather than murdering a clear townie, scum murders the person who almost certainly would have been the next "on the block", with the single goal of creating confusion. That's a smart play by a smart player.
It doesn't and I never said it did, at least not completely.

Look at who my vote was on at the end of day 1. Aphix. I had been ranting about how he was scum and building a case when the lynch happened.
So according to your logic, why would I kill someone that I could have easily gotten lynched today? He was scummy, I had outlined a scum case on him, there were better choices out there for a scum lynch for aphix.

I actually discussed some of them. As I recall, my current list of top scum reads have something in common. They were all people who Aphix found scummy. Aphix is confirmed town. No one else is.

Speaking of which
@Peabody: I noticed the soft claim later. After I had unvoted, . (Also for the record, I did manage to weedle from Naio what he was trying to say and that answered my question about his original post.) Which by the way, leads me to ask "Why did smudger choose to investigate Naio?" And furthermore Why did he decide to reveal it so quickly.

Also how does the bolded on post 224 seem to be hinting that I saw his soft claim? The post as I recall is referring to the fact that I felt that the n00b mistake could be coming from scum and why.
249: Again how does the bolded hint that I saw his soft claim? I'm literally asking him "Hey, this is why I'm not taking your hyperbole read for granted and actually looking through the situation. Can you see where this is coming from?"
Notice that he refuses to actually answer that question.
258: Still don't see me showing the soft claim recognition yet... I'm directly responding to his next post.
262: Here's where I actually realize the soft claim. And again, The bolded doesn't quick pick up on the fact that I have my reasons for thinking it. I also point out that I don't fully believe his soft claim.

AND NOWHERE DO I SEE MYSELF ACTUALLY PUSHING HIM TO CLAIM!!!!
Hell if anything, you could see me as yelling at him for soft claiming when he did. Honestly, only two people had voted Naio, One of whom made a point of trying to get what Naio was trying to actually say understood. (Trust me, he does answer the question I posed to him.) He probably would have been better off making the soft claim. And just making it seem like a really powerful unchanging read for him. He could have done that by acknowledging my reasons for not instantly considering it a n00b mistake. (which more than just Naio who has spoken did.)
(Disclaimer: This is coming from someone who in their second game on site claimed cop day one after reaching L-1 twice in the same day. The rest of that game has been lost to history but as memory serves, Town won by following the cop.)
Smudger, if you are really the cop, and I hope for you're sake we are in a row, not a collum if you are, I would recommend A: Investigating me. (Since I will support a Slimer lynch since I feel that slot is more likely to be scum with Mollie.) And B: Praying that Slimer doesn't turn out to be a PR either.

Also Peabody: What speculation are you asking me about please?

I want you guys to think about this, with a bit of logic. Which makes more sense to you? Scum killing Aphix because he had figured out they were scum? or Scum killing Aphix to cause confusion when they could easily use him as lynch bait? If you think the former, you won't vote me, because Aphix never thought I was scum. If you think the latter, keep in mind that I didn't see that when I did my analysis, and generally when nk analysis that features scum me is done, I ALWAYS include the reason I did it. But I didn't do it, and I see no reason why I would do it.

I said at the beginning that I have two focuses. I am here to play to win, and I am here to teach. And I go out of my way to teach something in as many posts as I can. Perhaps scot you should have read my analysis post more throughly and you could see the reason I felt it cleared me. Because the logic you proposed doesn't work for me. Slimer would have been the night kill if that was the case. Aphix I would have wanted alive to lynch. Smudger also would have been my choice for a night kill. Since it would have been even easier to get an Aphix lynch.

So, therefore, by my logic (and you will find if you do the research scum me posting similar logic for kills) There was no reason for me to night kill Aphix.
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.

Theater Season Mafia STARTING SOON!!!!
Naio
Naio
Goon
Naio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:03 am

Post by Naio »

In post 278, Peabody wrote:Smudger - I'm voting TAM over Slimer because I think that his reasoning for unvoting Naio was based on your soft claim. But now I find out it wasn't. TAM unvoted Naio because Naio seemingly answered or clarified the question about him. Which Naio didn't even answer the question! It looks like TAM was trying to back off of the wagon of a townie and be pegged as scum the next day.

I'm not defending TAM, but i will mention that i did answer all his questions (unless i missed one) and from the way i read the chain of events, he was satisfied with my answers after a bunch of back and forth.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:09 am

Post by theslimer3 »

Not quite seeing much suspicious of TAM, but I'll make myself useful. It's the least I can do after all that happened.

:igmeou:
Last edited by Maestro on Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:17 am

Post by theslimer3 »

The way things are headed, it's either me or TAM.
I have a town read on Scot and Peabody, so with Naio and Smudger supposedly on town's alignment,
to me, it's either TAM or Atlasblade.

Considering atlas isn't going to post any time soon (theoretical)
I would like to take the rest of the day for me and TAM to clear ourselves.
Let things run their course, by the end of this week if you see fit to lynch one or the other, then so be it.

It'll give us time to wait on Atlas to catchup/replace out, and give me a chance to clear myself, if it may be seen. Assuming peabody and scot are innocent,
I'd like to say that waiting has nothing but benefits for the town. And we are at no rush here.

One week is all I ask. Any compliance?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:34 am

Post by Peabody »

I can believe that you didn't see the soft claim for the first two of my quotes because your recognition isn't very clearly stated in your quotes. At 258, I don't understand how you can't see the softclaim when he said he was
claiming Naio as town
. You repeated the phrase.

And still you were saying Smudger was scummy
even after you admit you saw the softclaim
. There would be no benefit whatsoever for Smudger to claim if he were scum. Even if it was a WIFOM claim, there's no way Smudger would last until lylo. All that being said, TAM, do you believe Smudger's claim?

Also, I was talking about when you offered to link me to games where you speculated why you didn't die.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:40 am

Post by Peabody »

In post 281, Naio wrote:
In post 278, Peabody wrote:Smudger - I'm voting TAM over Slimer because I think that his reasoning for unvoting Naio was based on your soft claim. But now I find out it wasn't. TAM unvoted Naio because Naio seemingly answered or clarified the question about him. Which Naio didn't even answer the question! It looks like TAM was trying to back off of the wagon of a townie and be pegged as scum the next day.

I'm not defending TAM, but i will mention that i did answer all his questions (unless i missed one) and from the way i read the chain of events, he was satisfied with my answers after a bunch of back and forth.
I think the real question behind all that was how you could see that aphix died without seeing Vanilla townie next to the name. I didn't see that question answered satisfactorily.

@Slimer - If you two weren't my scum reads, I wouldn't like that you're limiting the lynch to only you two. But since you are, I see no problem.
Atlasblade
Atlasblade
Townie
Atlasblade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:47 am

Post by Atlasblade »

Sorry about that folks, I've been a bit busy over the past days so I couldn't catch up too well. Anyways, here are my thoughts for now;

After Naio posted a few times, although I'm not too familiar with his playstyle (or anyone's for that matter) I feel he has a genuine reaction to all the finger pointing at him from pretty much slimer and everybody else. To me he's leaning towards town for the moment. I don't exactly see scum making THAT huge of a mistake as he did when he thought aphix was a cop/tracker (unless this is what they call WIFOM).

Actually I'm more inclined to wonder since Splashmaster/Mollie flipped scum, what actually made people think he was town in the first place (especially slimer). Personally his posts were completely off to me (for a lack of a better word.) before Mollie replaced him. Even then I had my suspicions about him. Nevertheless, looking back at the votes, I don't think he was being bussed if anything so the other scum didn't jump on the wagon right away considering imo that would kind of single them out. This may be somewhat obvious or not but I feel that our other scumbuddy was pretty much voting someone else. Well that's my theory anyways.

Commenting on a few reads back, Scopgot and I pretty much had the same idea...except aphix turned up town, which also confirmed him to be town otherwise I probably would have voted him on the next day in all honesty, but barring that I think he's pretty much town (unless he deliberately tried to bus SM from his first post onwards, which seems very unlikely)

As for now I have town reads on Scopgot, Peabody, Naio, and Smudger.

I'm a little wary on slimer and TAM so I'll try my best in reading into them.
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:34 am

In post 284, Peabody wrote:I can believe that you didn't see the soft claim for the first two of my quotes because your recognition isn't very clearly stated in your quotes. At 258, I don't understand how you can't see the softclaim when he said he was
claiming Naio as town
. You repeated the phrase.

And still you were saying Smudger was scummy
even after you admit you saw the softclaim
. There would be no benefit whatsoever for Smudger to claim if he were scum. Even if it was a WIFOM claim, there's no way Smudger would last until lylo. All that being said, TAM, do you believe Smudger's claim?

Also, I was talking about when you offered to link me to games where you speculated why you didn't die.
I'll get you those games momentarily. I'll have to search them out again.

Now, regarding 258: It's a response to 251: (trying to push off my question about that I talk about below) I repeat his words, HOWEVER if you read the entire post, I had been thinking he was overexaggerating his sureness that Naio was town. Even if I had noticed it. (If I had picked it up by 258, I was suspicious.)

There is a benefit for him to soft claim cop. As scum it could benefit him to soft claim cop so that assuming he got to lylo He could use that claim to get a scum win.

As I have already said (and you've agreed), It took me a bit to realize that he was soft claiming cop. In fact, I probably would have ignored the issue, had he not continued to press me when I had made it clear (and Very clear at that) Why I wasn't giving Naio the "N00b town mistake" card and tried to push it once I was done with it. Once he (Naio) had successfully cleared things up, I took did what I had been planning on doing and did my read up on those persons who were most likely scum after having read Aphix and Splash/Mollie.

Those three were Atlas, Slimer and Smudger.

I see no town motivation for Smudger's soft claim and I'm not sure I completely see a scum motivation either (though I've suggested one above.) . And since there has been no counterclaim, would like to believe he's telling the truth. I even point out in 258, Smudger is a natural suspect from Aphix's death. And he'd be the first person I'd go after if I didn't consider everything I can think of.

Which leaves me with a suspicion of Slimer and Atlas.

However this brings up another question. Since the day begun, Smudger has essentially gone after myself and Slimer. Why? Because we went after someone who he claims to be "Confirmed town"

Now, while in theory this is all well and good. I find his reasoning rather bad. Especially before he resorted to the soft claim (Unless you see it earlier than when I saw it upon rereading him.).

While on Slimer it may be accurate. I made it quite clear, and he tried to brush off my question to this account.
With the information that I had (Naio is unknown alignment, experience with scum making mistakes that are considered "Stupid" or "n00b town" and getting away with it.) Could he not see why I wasn't going to write off Naio's actions as a "n00b town" mistake without giving it some attention?

On that note Peabody, can you answer my question as well. Assume you are in my position, with/or without me noticing the soft claim by 258, You've seen what Naio has done, you've had games in the past that played out like I described in post 249 and before. Are you going to just write off Naio as being n00b town making a mistake? Or see it as a potential use of something far more devious?

I can support a Slimer vote or a Atlas vote. Slimer far more than Atlas because I think Atlas would be by far the least likely of my scumbuddy potentials for Splash/Mollie.

VOTE: Slimer

Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:59 pm

Post by Smudger »

TAM I agree with you concerning me as a prime Aphix's death because of our history D1. In fact when I saw he had been the N1 NK it was clear to me why he was chosen. Now you also state that you could not see why I investigated Naio, but I make that quite clear in the opening salvos of D2, and I would suggest that most would agree it a good reason to do so.

However I take issue with your statement that you spotted my soft claim late, it just does not fit right. in particular when you look at the interchanges between Slimer, yourself and I, to be honest, and as I said on a few occasions you had to be blind to miss it, or doing it intentionally.

I maintain that you and Slimer are prime scum suspects and even with the two walls you have posted I see no reason to changing that view point.

But there is something else which sort of has me wondering again about you and Slimer, my statements have been very clear, deliberately so, that you are the 2 remaining scum, but that cannot be the case can it? The set up only allows for one scum to be left after Mollies Lynch and why neither Slimer or you have pointed that out seems strange, in fact why it has not been pointed out but the other SE, Peabody is also strange.
"There is nothing more ironic or contradictory than life itself"... R.D.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Smudger
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:26 am

Post by theslimer3 »

Why is that odd? I could have swarn that on several occasions as you've said it, you've repeated that we can't both be scum, or something along the matter.

It's pretty obvious that we can't both be scum so I just ignore it
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:43 am

Post by Smudger »

No I was deliberate in what I said you were both scum buddies…
"There is nothing more ironic or contradictory than life itself"... R.D.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Smudger
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:50 am

Post by Peabody »

TAM - I can't see how you didn't know Smudger was implying a claim until way late. Seriously, I saw it the first post Smudger said he thought Naio was town. I didn't push the issue. I feel like you were working to make Smudger actually claim. I don't see a town motivation to do that.

To answer Smudger's comment: I thought it was obvious that there's only two scum in the entire game. That's how Newbie games are played. I did not realize you actually thought or implied two scum were alive, Smudger.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:57 am

Post by theslimer3 »

Okay I reviewed the game fully, knowing the information given.
From the point of view that Smudger would thing that I see him claiming, I can see why he's acting this way. I deeply apologize for my attitude towards you. But honest to god, I didn't even consider it until you mentioned it.
And farthermore, the only reason I said your case on me was bad because what you said to incriminate me conflicts the order of your logic. You said since yesterday:
In post 100, Smudger wrote:Image

VOTE: theslimer3
That you had a scum read on me. But everything you've said thereafter was a strong reflect of everything critically after the day ended/my last post (before you posted/had a chance to comment your opinion).

And you stuck to "I was playing dumb" or "I am deliberately ignoring what you're saying"
And the fact that you persisted this with no real reason (to me at least) made me believe you were scum and nothing more. But the claim makes perfect sense now.
Once again I apologize.

And as for Naio, clearly omgus. His ideas piggybacked, and since I so strongly thought he was scum, the common noob tactic is to attack back (I've done this multiple times my first games, highly understandable)
To you as well I apologize sincerely..

So I'm certain that it is either atlas or Tam.
If you would like me to give reasons why I think Peabody or Scot are town, I would be happy to.
Naio
Naio
Goon
Naio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:49 am

Post by Naio »

Just an update on my reads:

I have strong scum reads on TAM and slimer. I'd be happy with a lynch on either tonight.

TAM because i think he's trying a little too hard to confuse everyone with very long-winded posts. I also don't like the statements that start with "i've said since the beginning" - thats a lazy way to try to build other's confidence in what you're saying. I also REALLY dislike that he didnt pick up on the soft claim. He soft claimed multiple posts in a row, i think it's ridiculous you missed it, i saw it the first time he said it. I could see you pushing the issue as a way to have him hard claim as a reason to lynch him.

Slimer for no new reasons than i've said in the past. I actually think he is leaning more town with his most recent posts, but for me it's too little too late. I'm already too convinced that he's scum that i can easily see him using his experience to look town right now.

And the rest - all neutral except smudger who i do believe is cop.
Last edited by Maestro on Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Naio
Naio
Goon
Naio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:01 am

Post by Naio »

sorry i didnt mean to quote all that. I hit multi-quote then typed in the quick-reply, and it put everything in there without me realizing.

i guess theres a good reason the "preview" button exists...

Fixed
-M
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:03 pm

In post 293, Naio wrote:Just an update on my reads:

I have strong scum reads on TAM and slimer. I'd be happy with a lynch on either tonight.

TAM because i think he's trying a little too hard to confuse everyone with very long-winded posts. I also don't like the statements that start with "i've said since the beginning" - thats a lazy way to try to build other's confidence in what you're saying. I also REALLY dislike that he didnt pick up on the soft claim. He soft claimed multiple posts in a row, i think it's ridiculous you missed it, i saw it the first time he said it. I could see you pushing the issue as a way to have him hard claim as a reason to lynch him.

Slimer for no new reasons than i've said in the past. I actually think he is leaning more town with his most recent posts, but for me it's too little too late. I'm already too convinced that he's scum that i can easily see him using his experience to look town right now.

And the rest - all neutral except smudger who i do believe is cop.
Besides the fact that only one of us can be scum.

By the way Smudger, I missed you doing that as well. Probably because I thought it obvious that slimer and I couldn't both be scum. Though I did think I commented on you lining up lynches. Probably saw you as lining up one of us for lynch and then if that person flipped town then we'd lynch the other one. Because that makes sense.

As to how I missed the soft claim... Well, when you consider that most of my posts were focused on showing why I felt your actions scummy/why your actions could be seen as scummy/responding to your responses. Do you really think I was paying close enough attention to smudger other than to notice that he was claiming you as town?

Trust me, I can't see soft claims for beans. The problem with playing a game as IC is that I try to teach and play the game at the same time. This leads to having a slightly scummy sounding tone to my posts, ESPECIALLY because I take every opportunity to try and point something out or teach something.

If you all take the time to look at my meta (which is pretty up to date except all of the games listed there are finished unless I think if it's hydra related.

Naio
Naio
Goon
Naio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by Naio »

In post 295, The Acting Method wrote: As to how I missed the soft claim... Well, when you consider that most of my posts were focused on showing why I felt your actions scummy/why your actions could be seen as scummy/responding to your responses. Do you really think I was paying close enough attention to smudger other than to notice that he was claiming you as town?
This is my first time playing Mafia. I saw the soft claim on his first post. I have no idea, as an experienced player, you don't pick up on this claim. It's SO ABSOLUTELY ABSURD that you (and slimer) missed this, I don't even know what to say.
In post 208, Smudger wrote:its a noob mistake.. that is my current stance, I can assure you that stance is correct.
In post 220, Smudger wrote:I think it is very obvious to you what I am saying and you are playing the dumb card deliberately.
In post 236, Smudger wrote:My argument does not suck and if the so called experienced players cannot see what I am saying hen they are blind. I will say no more than This Naio is not scum and I and the rest of town should trust him explicitly
In post 236, Smudger wrote: obviously my cryptic hint was missed
In post 248, Smudger wrote:Naio is town, noob town who is learning the game, he is 150% TOWN.
In post 251, Smudger wrote:He has not claimed Town, I have claimed him Town.
In post 252, Smudger wrote:Both you and TAM are experienced players and yet you are deliberately ignoring what I have said from the beginning of D2 with regards to what I know and why I know it. If you had been town both of you, or at least one of you, the one who was town, would have steered us away from this and seen what was being said. But no, you both continue to play dumb, and even with Tams removal of his vote on Naio he continues to walk blindly down the road by asking why I believe Naio's claim?!

Naio does not have to defend himself to anyone.

Naio, you are town I can confirm you are town, you do not have to continue to explain yourself to Slimer or TAM at this point.
In post 260, Smudger wrote: there is a very strong reason why I know he is town, do you have any idea how dumb you are looking right now?
In my opinion, I could see you missing a comment or 2. But Smudger soft claimed, then commented on his soft claim, then said everyone missed his soft claim, then soft claimed again, then again, then 3 more times, then FINALLY said he was cop.

I mean, cmon.
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:13 pm

248, Only post which outright screams soft claim and not either hyperbole or rebuttable personal experience of the posts made before I figured it out.

Post 208: I LITERALLY thought that he had never seen a n00b make a mistake like that and flip scum. I had seen otherwise and commented on it.
220: This is a response to me pointing out how I would NOT see you as town. He is so obsessed with proving you town that he's not listening to my points.
236: I actually didn't even see this comment so that's a new one to me. And Smudger, your argument does suck if someone doesn't notice your soft claim. Or doesn't believe it, or thinks you are saying something else. Or is like me and not going to take any one's word just because they soft claim since they've been F***ed in the past by scum being cleared for "n00b" mistakes. Read the last n00b game I was in that just ended. Scum won when a scum team member had made a stupid mistake BECAUSE of the "n00b" card being played. If You are focusing on just that. (And believe me, that's the only argument from you I was seeing for a long while.) HELL NO am I letting that go through.

Also, the Only reason I'm believing Smudger about his cop claim is that no one has counter claimed him. Otherwise, I'd be lynching him.
Also, by 252, 260 as I recall, I had established that "Yes, Naio is town." That should have been the end of it.

I PURPOSELY DIDN'T CALL HIM OUT ON HIS SOFTCLAIM BECAUSE I WAS LEGITIMATELY CONCERNED ABOUT HIM BEING KILLED IF HE WAS NOTICED.

I PLAYED A GAME WHERE SCUM WON, IN PART BECAUSE A PLAYER TRIED TO FISH OUT THE JAILKEEPER (Ironically Scum thought the player in question was jailkeep) AND HE WAS CALLED OUT AS SCUM FOR IT.

There was NO reason to soft claim. Basically Smudger has just set himself up for a nightkill, and if he isn't nightkilled he's goddamn lucky or should be lynched.

Now, Had Naio been under very serious attack, as in, more and more people voting him, THEN I could understand a soft claim, or a full claim.

As it is, I'm wary of Smudger's claim but leaning towards trusting it since there's been no counter claim of any kind.

Again, I'm praying we are in horizontal rows and not collums assuming Smudger is telling the truth.
248: This is actually the post that made me think soft claim.

theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:35 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

251 to me seems like the outright obv claim now.

However, now i'm moving to the defense more.
If my real idea as mafia is really to completely ignore multiple softclaims that are as obvious as they seem,
why did I continually pursue Naio in this case?

That, as scum wouldn't make any sense at all to do.

We see everyone else backing off him, yet I, diligently and still forcefully, tried to strengthen my case on him. Such a strategy only plays to my "continual assault" strategy.
As scum, I probably would have backed off the failed wagon looking for an excuse to pile on another.

Which brings me to
The_Acting_Method
. He did just this and found another wagon. Mine.

What's your rebuttal, to this?
Directed more towards TAM's
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

TAM wrote: There was NO reason to soft claim. Basically Smudger has just set himself up for a nightkill, and if he isn't nightkilled he's goddamn lucky or should be lynched.
Also don't worry about us having a doctor fellas.
TAM has assured us that.
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:50 pm

Yeah, problem with your theory.

I stated, quite openly why I left his wagon. And I had stated a few times that I was going to look at those suspects who came from my reading of Aphix and Splash/Mollie.

I don't have a policy of continual assault.

If satisfied with a reaction or response I leave the topic.

Now had I jumped on Smudger off the bat, that would of been iffy.

Oh also I have two games in my meta in which people have thought there were claims that were actually not claims. Both actually involved me. One was a post lynch false scum claim. That was a misinterpret of what I actually had been trying to say and someone thought it was a scum claim.

The other time it was a soft claim for cop. I hadn't intended that post as a soft claim. (My actual soft claim was a complete turn around on a read I had had. Scum thought it was something else.)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”