Open 536: Faith Plus One Game Over! Mafia Win!

Taylor
Taylor
Goon
Taylor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:55 am

Post by Taylor »

In post 147, XScorpion wrote:Confusion regarding your activities as a hydra makes it difficult if not impossible for people to read you. Lack of transparency in your actions is distinctively anti-town. Hiding things from town is not pro-town, and don't even think to lie about saying you aren't hiding anything.
And again, the confusion is because we're out-of-synch. You're correct that you can't read us off of activities as a hydra. But that doesn't make it difficult to read us as you would read another player. We
are
being transparent in our actions. We're hiding nothing other than our identities. If you were actually trying to read us as a slot, then you would have no issues.

As an aside, the usage of "anti-town" here rather than "scummy" or "pro-scum" pings as being scum-oriented language usage.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:56 am

Post by XScorpion »

In post 150, Taylor wrote:And again, the confusion is because we're out-of-synch.
And we're right back to where we started. You are creating confusion. You ADMIT you are creating confusion. How the fuck is this a good thing?
Taylor
Taylor
Goon
Taylor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:57 am

Post by Taylor »

Where are you confused, Scorp?

T
Taylor
Taylor
Goon
Taylor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:58 am

Post by Taylor »

In post 149, XScorpion wrote:
In post 148, Taylor wrote:So what exactly is anti-town here? We are forthcoming with our opinions, our observations, and our conclusions.
Bullshit. You literally just said that one head had an 'overblown' reaction, implying the other head thinks differently.
You say it's an example of us not being transparent, when it's an example that proves we are. Saying that one of us had an overblown reaction is not hiding behind our hydra. That same exact statement could come from a slot that has only one player, simply replacing "one head" with "I". "One head had an overblown reaction, but trust me, it is alignment-null." Is exactly the same as "I had an overblown reaction, but trust me, it is alignment-null."
Taylor
Taylor
Goon
Taylor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:59 am

Post by Taylor »

In post 151, XScorpion wrote:
In post 150, Taylor wrote:And again, the confusion is because we're out-of-synch.
And we're right back to where we started. You are creating confusion. You ADMIT you are creating confusion. How the fuck is this a good thing?
It isn't. We are creating confusion, yes. But it is confusion we are actively working to fix, as its creation was not intentional.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:00 am

Post by XScorpion »

In post 150, Taylor wrote:As an aside, the usage of "anti-town" here rather than "scummy" or "pro-scum" pings as being scum-oriented language usage.
This is the second game since I came back where people use language as shitty justification for their suspicions. How often does this actually work for you people?
In post 152, Taylor wrote:Where are you confused, Scorp?
The entire beginning of the game is a mess of confusion. I have no idea, until you started signing your name, which head was which and who said what.
In post 153, Taylor wrote:
In post 149, XScorpion wrote:
In post 148, Taylor wrote:So what exactly is anti-town here? We are forthcoming with our opinions, our observations, and our conclusions.
Bullshit. You literally just said that one head had an 'overblown' reaction, implying the other head thinks differently.
You say it's an example of us not being transparent, when it's an example that proves we are. Saying that one of us had an overblown reaction is not hiding behind our hydra. That same exact statement could come from a slot that has only one player, simply replacing "one head" with "I". "One head had an overblown reaction, but trust me, it is alignment-null." Is exactly the same as "I had an overblown reaction, but trust me, it is alignment-null."
I tend to lynch people who pull shit like this.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:00 am

Post by XScorpion »

If I said "I'm sorry about this whole game, it was an overblown reaction and alignment-null", would you unvote me? Of course you wouldn't because that's fucking stupid.
Taylor
Taylor
Goon
Taylor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:02 am

Post by Taylor »

In post 155, XScorpion wrote:

The entire beginning of the game is a mess of confusion. I have no idea, until you started signing your name, which head was which and who said what.
So your confusion is entirely based on who is speaking, not what is being said?

T
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:02 am

Post by XScorpion »

In post 157, Taylor wrote:

T
Yes. I can read, thanks.
Taylor
Taylor
Goon
Taylor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:03 am

Post by Taylor »

In post 158, XScorpion wrote:

T
Yes. I can read, thanks.
So, what we are saying isn't confusing to you?

T
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:05 am

Post by XScorpion »

In post 159, Taylor wrote:
In post 158, XScorpion wrote:

T
Yes. I can read, thanks.
So, what we are saying isn't confusing to you?

T
I can read and understand English, yes. Pretty sure everything I've said about you being confusing is because you are two different people and I can't tell who is who.
Taylor
Taylor
Goon
Taylor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:09 am

Post by Taylor »

Ok. So, you understand the points we are making, the content is not confusing to you. You can see our line of thinking and discern the conclusions.

So, what exactly is the game-related, alignment-related, issue that you have with us?
Taylor
Taylor
Goon
Taylor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:09 am

Post by Taylor »

In post 161, Taylor wrote:Ok. So, you understand the points we are making, the content is not confusing to you. You can see our line of thinking and discern the conclusions.

So, what exactly is the game-related, alignment-related, issue that you have with us?
T
Taylor
Taylor
Goon
Taylor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:10 am

Post by Taylor »

In post 155, XScorpion wrote:This is the second game since I came back where people use language as shitty justification for their suspicions. How often does this actually work for you people?
Decently. It's not a 100% tell, but it's reliable enough to be worth pushing. Your reaction to it, for instance, looks terrible, so even if it weren't valid, the reaction to it was worth mentioning it.
The entire beginning of the game is a mess of confusion.
This implies that there are things to you that are confusing other than us. What were those other things?
Also, what makes the mess of confusion in this game different from a mess of confusion that you'd experience in another game?
In post 156, XScorpion wrote:If I said "I'm sorry about this whole game, it was an overblown reaction and alignment-null", would you unvote me? Of course you wouldn't because that's fucking stupid.
Not worded like that, and not necessarily from you. But yes. I would, given select circumstances. The timing of the move. The wording of the move. The familiarity with the style of play. (You might not know who I am, but you can tell what players I am similar to even without an identity.) If it was a town-oriented confession, hell yes I would unvote them. You're implying that the only thing mattering is the words, when words are useless; it's everything surrounding the words that's important. But theoretically speaking in just the words, you left out the most important ones. "Trust me" changes the entire message presented.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:16 am

Post by XScorpion »

Taylor wrote:
In post 155, XScorpion wrote:This is the second game since I came back where people use language as shitty justification for their suspicions. How often does this actually work for you people?
Decently. It's not a 100% tell, but it's reliable enough to be worth pushing. Your reaction to it, for instance, looks terrible, so even if it weren't valid, the reaction to it was worth mentioning it.
I think it's bullshit and I think that you pushing it is bullshit and it's you just scraping to find more justification to accuse me of being scum when it totally isn't valid.
Taylor wrote:
The entire beginning of the game is a mess of confusion.
This implies that there are things to you that are confusing other than us. What were those other things?
Also, what makes the mess of confusion in this game different from a mess of confusion that you'd experience in another game?
No it's literally just you. You are a mess of confusion. Besides me you have the most posts in the whole game, everywhere, and it's confusing as fuck trying to guess who said what.
Taylor wrote:
In post 156, XScorpion wrote:If I said "I'm sorry about this whole game, it was an overblown reaction and alignment-null", would you unvote me? Of course you wouldn't because that's fucking stupid.
Not worded like that, and not necessarily from you. But yes. I would, given select circumstances. The timing of the move. The wording of the move. The familiarity with the style of play. (You might not know who I am, but you can tell what players I am similar to even without an identity.) If it was a town-oriented confession, hell yes I would unvote them. You're implying that the only thing mattering is the words, when words are useless; it's everything surrounding the words that's important. But theoretically speaking in just the words, you left out the most important ones. "Trust me" changes the entire message presented.
'Trust me' sounds like you are trying to manipulate people which is scummy. What happened to you not caring what town thinks about you?

My game-related alignment-related issue is that if you are scum we have literally no way to find out because we can't read you because we can't tell who is speaking and if the person who is speaking speaks for both heads or just one.
In post 163, Taylor wrote:You might not know who I am, but you can tell what players I am similar to even without an identity.
I'd like to nominate this for dumbest fucking thing I've heard in the whole game.
Taylor
Taylor
Goon
Taylor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:20 am

Post by Taylor »

Do you always base your reads off
who
is saying things and not what is being said?

T
Taylor
Taylor
Goon
Taylor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:20 am

Post by Taylor »

In post 164, XScorpion wrote:I'd like to nominate this for dumbest fucking thing I've heard in the whole game.

Funny. I chose the genius to hydra with me so I could learn to be a better mafia player.

Who chose you?

T
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:27 am

Post by XScorpion »

I'm not a genius, but I decided I'd rather just play for fun and not to get better. Funny indeed.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:28 am

Post by XScorpion »

In post 165, Taylor wrote:Do you always base your reads off
who
is saying things and not what is being said?

T
Always? No, but it matters.
Taylor
Taylor
Goon
Taylor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:28 am

Post by Taylor »

To each his own. I have more fun when I'm doing well.

T
Taylor
Taylor
Goon
Taylor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:30 am

Post by Taylor »

In post 164, XScorpion wrote:I think it's bullshit and I think that you pushing it is bullshit and it's you just scraping to find more justification to accuse me of being scum when it totally isn't valid.
We're not looking for justification to accuse you of being scum. We're looking for signs of your alignment. And all signs point to you being scum who is ticked off that he's gotten caught for what he perceives to be bullshit.
No it's literally just you. You are a mess of confusion. Besides me you have the most posts in the whole game, everywhere, and it's confusing as fuck trying to guess who said what.
The statement stands. You're trying to read who's made the posts, rather than the content in it. What, exactly, about that is town?
'Trust me' sounds like you are trying to manipulate people which is scummy.
Uh-huh. "Trust me" is manipulation. :neutral:
My game-related alignment-related issue is that if you are scum we have literally no way to find out because we can't read you because we can't tell who is speaking and if the person who is speaking speaks for both heads or just one.
Funny that someone who seems to place importance on words is placing so much importance on an aspect that is entirely separated from them. Our identities do not change that we said the words in the first place. They
may
influence how the words are perceived if our styles of play are too different. (I am working on synching us up to be the same.) But you certainly don't believe this, because you explicitly say that you think it's stupid that our identities could influence things, here.
In post 163, Taylor wrote:You might not know who I am, but you can tell what players I am similar to even without an identity.
I'd like to nominate this for dumbest fucking thing I've heard in the whole game.
You're contradicting yourself.
Taylor
Taylor
Goon
Taylor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:31 am

Post by Taylor »

But the point is, what position are you in to say that being able to compare playstyles is "the dumbest fucking thing" you've read in this thread?

What is the purpose of saying so, if not to simply discredit the observation, since you are arguing that you are unable to play properly if you don't know who is speaking?

T
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:40 am

Post by XScorpion »

In post 170, Taylor wrote:
In post 164, XScorpion wrote:I think it's bullshit and I think that you pushing it is bullshit and it's you just scraping to find more justification to accuse me of being scum when it totally isn't valid.
We're not looking for justification to accuse you of being scum. We're looking for signs of your alignment. And all signs point to you being scum who is ticked off that he's gotten caught for what he perceives to be bullshit.
The statement stands. You're trying to read who's made the posts, rather than the content in it. What, exactly, about that is town?
'Trust me' sounds like you are trying to manipulate people which is scummy.
Uh-huh. "Trust me" is manipulation. :neutral:
Funny that someone who seems to place importance on words is placing so much importance on an aspect that is entirely separated from them. Our identities do not change that we said the words in the first place. They
may
influence how the words are perceived if our styles of play are too different. (I am working on synching us up to be the same.) But you certainly don't believe this, because you explicitly say that you think it's stupid that our identities could influence things, here.
You're contradicting yourself.
I'm on my phone so I can't format properly, but
1) I put forth the alternative explanation that I'm town who is fucking tired of bullshit language arguments being used to accuse me.
2) this whole game is about figuring out WHO the scum is, or am I playing the wrong game?
3) the reason its the dumbest fuxking thing is because I CANT compare play styles because I have no idea who is who
Taylor
Taylor
Goon
Taylor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:45 am

Post by Taylor »

In post 172, XScorpion wrote:I'm on my phone so I can't format properly, but
1) I put forth the alternative explanation that I'm town who is fucking tired of bullshit language arguments being used to accuse me.
Ok.
2) this whole game is about figuring out WHO the scum is, or am I playing the wrong game?
You are. The game is about figuring out which player was assigned a scum role. We are a single player in the player list. We have the same alignment. Or did you think that changed with who is speaking?
3) the reason its the dumbest fuxking thing is because I CANT compare play styles because I have no idea who is who
You're saying you can't compare our playstyle to anyone else you have played with on this site ever?
Taylor
Taylor
Goon
Taylor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:47 am

Post by Taylor »

In post 172, XScorpion wrote:2) this whole game is about figuring out WHO the scum is, or am I playing the wrong game?
This dodge is hilariously obvious. I asked you why you were trying to figure out our identities, rather than scumhunting off of our posts. You say...this.

This isn't a theme/bastard game, where one head can be town and the other scum. We share the same alignment. You're not trying to figure out who the scum is. You're trying to figure out who we are. Not WHAT we are.

Return to “Completed Open Games”