Mini 1515: Touhou Imperishable Night (Game Over)

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:40 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1548, ArcAngel9 wrote:Hey Children...
Day1, 60 plus pages for a mini game? You guys are insane... let me skim through...
if there is anything major updates, keep me posted :)
You might want to make this game a priority, AA. We're VERY close to deadline, and your slot's a secondary or tertiary scumread of a lot of players.

By which, I mean, pretty much nobody is pushing you as their primary scumread, but many have you AS a scumread, or if not, in null, or if not, the bottom of their town lists. Near deadline, that's a bad place to be. There's been some talks of a compromise lynch on your slot if memory serves, soyeah. If you want to stop that, you need to read fast. :P

Important things--pie dayvigged SSK and is town. Varsoon and wayne are claimed PRs and town. morph the cat is also town. (I am also town.) So if you're town, you can use those reads as a townread baseline.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:57 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1513, thenewearth wrote:This is one of the reasons I hate the use of meta so much.
Attitude meta and gut-meta stuff, I can dig
But game metas are just being abused now.
why are you trying to write all the townreads on BRO off on meta? my townread doesn't have anything to do with meta and I have no completed games with him

mastin you're doing it wrong. if you're giving a summary of what happened, you shouldn't be throwing your opinions in there too

@AA9:
I'm a dayvig and I shot SSK. Varsoon claimed 2-shot 2-person doctor and waynegg claimed "vanilla on N1 and watcher from N2 on". it's true that a lot of people are reading wayne/morph as town, but they're not conftown. deadline is in 2 days so hurry up :>
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:57 am

Post by pieguyn »

@wayne:
can you explain your vote on Varsoon plz? as soon as I saw it I thought you had a certain thing in mind, but I haven't seen said certain thing yet.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:06 am

Post by pieguyn »

@Ghostlin:
can you plz explain your definition of "mindfuck"? I don't think we're interpreting it as the same thing.

I also don't see how this
Guys, if I'm fucking scum, you'll know soon enough.
isn't designed to make town second guess themselves?
In post 1537, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1530, BROseidon wrote:And you don't value me? :(
Do you actually feel like this is a reasonable question?
I didn't read it as serious
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:10 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1553, pieguyn wrote:
@Ghostlin:
can you plz explain your definition of "mindfuck"? I don't think we're interpreting it as the same thing.

I also don't see how this
Guys, if I'm fucking scum, you'll know soon enough.
isn't designed to make town second guess themselves?
In post 1537, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1530, BROseidon wrote:And you don't value me? :(
Do you actually feel like this is a reasonable question?
I didn't read it as serious
I hope you're wrong. :/
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:19 am

Post by pieguyn »

about that whole post? I know I'm tired as shit right now but I didn't think it was that bad 0.0

also, if I'm talking to ffery, how was my case on TNE
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:29 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1555, pieguyn wrote:about that whole post? I know I'm tired as shit right now but I didn't think it was that bad 0.0
It's about what he's not doing atm, which is making a real effort to change my mind. If he's given recent indication he's scum-reading me I haven't seen it, and thinking I'm scum is the only reason I can see for not caring that I'm scumreading him and have my vote on him. If he thinks I'm town, then he knows that sometimes my reads take on a life of their own after I flip town, for good or ill.
also, if I'm talking to ffery, how was my case on TNE
It explains why you think he's scum very well. Cabd and I are going to discuss TNE, BRO, thez, GP pretty thoroughly once he's awake and sober and stuff. Well, maybe not GP. I think Cabd agrees with me that the one post from last night that I pointed up actually reads pretty town.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:36 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

mac wrote:what is your read on tne? and would you be willing to switch to the tne wagon?
thing is, if i wasn't reading BRO as scum, i'd probably be reading TNE as scum.

the initial like i had for TNE's play has long since faded and if BRO actually is town then TNE's contributions to the game so far amount to nothing but tunneling BRO and... nothing else i can really remember. but i don't think TNE is scum with BRO, and my read on BRO is stronger than my read on TNE.

@mastin,

where does your read on morph come from?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:38 am

Post by Mac »

In post 1549, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1496, Mac wrote:tne did a similar wall/case like the one on bro on peacebringer in chef's mafia, here

havent looked any deeper than that though, too much effort at the moment.
What is similar about them in your opinion?
both feel forced & scraping the barrel for reasons. for example, his wall in chefs mafia points 2 & 4 are practically the same (if you don't have solid reads, you probably won't chase the same target) and in this wall i feel "useless commentator" and "fluff poster" come under the same category - plus for commentator, he's basically just quoted posts, some of which are game-related and it feels like he's hoping someone puts 1+1 together for him. plus baseless accusations of cheating for both. overall both cases are weak.

although bros recent installment has me paranoid now. 1 day to go and that was the best he could come up with? also i expect some paranoid comment about the way im defending him. instead he seems content to let me go on with it. maybe allowing me to link myself with him, i dont know.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:40 am

Post by Mac »

cheating should read sheeping, sorry
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:01 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1558, Mac wrote:
In post 1496, Mac wrote:tne did a similar wall/case like the one on bro on peacebringer in chef's mafia, here

both feel forced & scraping the barrel for reasons. for example, his wall in chefs mafia points 2 & 4 are practically the same (if you don't have solid reads, you probably won't chase the same target) and in this wall i feel "useless commentator" and "fluff poster" come under the same category - plus for commentator, he's basically just quoted posts, some of which are game-related and it feels like he's hoping someone puts 1+1 together for him. plus baseless accusations of cheating for both. overall both cases are weak.

although bros recent installment has me paranoid now. 1 day to go and that was the best he could come up with? also i expect some paranoid comment about the way im defending him. instead he seems content to let me go on with it. maybe allowing me to link myself with him, i dont know.
Do you think there are reasons that he missed and shouldn't have if he seriously thought BRO is scum?

I'm not sure why it caught my eye, but the format differences in the cases could be significant. quotestripes vs postlinks. I use either or both, depending on how I'm overall constructing my case, but I think the postlinks structurally make the case a little harder to follow.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:05 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1445, mastin2 wrote:How is TNE's wagon town-filled when you're suspicious of half the players on it, compared to the BRO wagon where you're not? :P

I'm actually feeling the opposite. TNE feels like a mislynch; BRO doesn't.
At the point when I voted TNE, I felt there was more scumminess on the BRO wagon.

In post 1436, Ghostly Penguin wrote: Var, what the fuck are you doing??

"I suck at this game, so, LOL, sheep." You're usually constructing clever things that fall in on themselves that half work anyway.

THIS ISN'T FUCKING YOU.[/color]
I know. I feel like my quality of play has been nose-diving for the last few months. It might be due to grad school and having multiple games to focus on, and it might be a bit more accented by the fact I fucked up pretty hard this game and I lost Xenogears for my team last game. I don't really have much confidence in myself, and there's really nothing much more I can do that is clever other than provide you guys with my PR claim which means at the very least, I won't be mislynched and I'll be killed early (likely tonight) which is good, because I am useless this game. This isn't some super batman scum-lord AtE. This is me confessing that I feel like the weakest player in this game, and I hate myself for it.

GP's recent outburst to the swing-wagon is an interesting spike in content, but I like it.

AA9 replaces? Welp, now I'll -never- be able to properly read that slot.

TNE takes a 2-day VLA when we've got two days left in the day phase? Hehehehe.

Tonight. Tonight, love is racing. Tonight, 'cross the nation. Er, what I meant to say is that Tonight I will find the scum.

And all you guys can thank me for it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:07 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'll be back in roughly seven hours.
I'm going to find the scum.
I'm going out with a bang.
I love all of you.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:19 am

Post by Mac »

In post 1560, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1558, Mac wrote:

Do you think there are reasons that he missed and shouldn't have if he seriously thought BRO is scum?

I'm not sure why it caught my eye, but the format differences in the cases could be significant. quotestripes vs postlinks. I use either or both, depending on how I'm overall constructing my case, but I think the postlinks structurally make the case a little harder to follow.
i'm not sure. he did seem to mix himself up a bit early on, describing bro as scum for jumping on the most popular wagon (varsoon) and then bro claimed thez was more popular at the time which tne described as worse
In post 350, thenewearth wrote: Plus, the only vote you did was a varsoon vote. ON THE WHOLE GAME
TO TOP IT ALL OFF
IT WAS THE MOST POPULAR WAGON OF IT'S TIME

Scuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmzzzzzzzzzz
In post 353, BROseidon wrote: 5) Thez was more popular than Varsoon.
In post 357, thenewearth wrote:5) WELL THAT MAKES IT WORSE THEN
which i found pretty bizarre.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:31 am

Post by Varsoon »

TNE vs BRO does not feel town versus town,
But I WONT LOSE MY WAAAAY~
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:34 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1563, Mac wrote:
In post 1560, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1558, Mac wrote:

i'm not sure. he did seem to mix himself up a bit early on, describing bro as scum for jumping on the most popular wagon (varsoon) and then bro claimed thez was more popular at the time which tne described as worse
In post 350, thenewearth wrote: Plus, the only vote you did was a varsoon vote. ON THE WHOLE GAME
TO TOP IT ALL OFF
IT WAS THE MOST POPULAR WAGON OF IT'S TIME

Scuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmzzzzzzzzzz
In post 353, BROseidon wrote: 5) Thez was more popular than Varsoon.
In post 357, thenewearth wrote:5) WELL THAT MAKES IT WORSE THEN
which i found pretty bizarre.
Bizarre. Is it scummy?
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:35 am

Post by Mac »

morph, what do you make of bro just ignoring the fact that im hard defending him right now? strange, or normal?
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:35 am

Post by Mac »

yes, it's scummy.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:39 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1567, Mac wrote:yes, it's scummy.
You know what I would want to do if I was caught in a misstatement as scum? The same thing I'd do as town, retract the statement and move on with the rest of my case.

That's me.

Overall I feel like "ah ha! That makes it worse!" comes from a place of confidence that I associate more with town than with scum, with the exception of a very few players who are as cheeky or more cheeky as scum as they are when town.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:41 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1566, Mac wrote:morph, what do you make of bro just ignoring the fact that im hard defending him right now? strange, or normal?
Did he ignore being defended in Xenogears? In Death's Diner he actually appealed to Syr/Me (Rift) when he was getting scumread by the rest of the Dethy and it spilled over into the rest of the game on day 1. He was in there making his own defense to parallel what we did on his behalf.

I'm going to check NY165 to see how he reacted in that game. He was scum.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:48 am

Post by Mac »

people play scum differently though, so perhaps tne's method is to ignore t and pretend it never happened afterwards?
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:52 am

Post by Mac »

In post 1569, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1566, Mac wrote:morph, what do you make of bro just ignoring the fact that im hard defending him right now? strange, or normal?
Did he ignore being defended in Xenogears? In Death's Diner he actually appealed to Syr/Me (Rift) when he was getting scumread by the rest of the Dethy and it spilled over into the rest of the game on day 1. He was in there making his own defense to parallel what we did on his behalf.

I'm going to check NY165 to see how he reacted in that game. He was scum.
interested to see what you come up with. it's freaked me out a little.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:52 am

Post by Mac »

then again even my fucking shadow appears to be freaking me out in this game.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:57 am

Post by thenewearth »

In post 1512, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1510, thenewearth wrote:You've been playing with me long enough to know why

So

Explain pl0x.

<3

Also...

@Mod: V/LA 2 days

Still sorting out my budget and schedule for this this sem
Day ends in under two irl days, TNE. Do something or die.
BTW

I pretty much said everything I can say about BRO
It's hard to find anything else with the treasure trove of fluff which is is ISO.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:58 am

Post by Mac »

so do you have any other suspects or is it just the one man scum team you're hunting?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”