[M] Newbie 1440: Maestro's Manic Mafia - DAY 3

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:56 pm

Post by Smudger »

nope don't like TAM at all… bye bye
VOTE: TAM
"There is nothing more ironic or contradictory than life itself"... R.D.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Smudger
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:09 am

Post by The Acting Method »

Please tell me that you put me to L-1 or that I wasn't hammered.

Because Smudger, 301 is scummy as fuck if you are town.

You're case on me is essentially this:
OH TAM speaks in an upperclass town and educational manner from me.
OH TAM didn't notice my soft claim that he had no reason to believe even if he saw it.
OH TAM backed off when he realized that Naio was town and he wasn't going anywhere? (Lies, I backed off when I got what I wanted out of Naio.)

Do you realize how STUPID you all sound. Does none of this sound like a very scummy case to you?

Now, Had I gone and outright jumped Smudger for claiming Naio was town, changed my vote and then voted him and done that instead of continuing my course on Naio until I was satisfied. (BTW Slimer, I don't change my views on Naio last I checked until after I'm finished getting my questions answered.) Then you might have an argument. But you don't.

This doesn't change where my vote is because I'm hoping that Smudger is still town. And not lying scum.

Oh and if I am at L-1 or L-2: I'm Vanilla Town.
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.

Theater Season Mafia STARTING SOON!!!!
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:34 am

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 300, The Acting Method wrote:Yeah, problem with your theory.

I stated, quite openly why I left his wagon. And I had stated a few times that I was going to look at those suspects who came from my reading of Aphix and Splash/Mollie.

I don't have a policy of continual assault.

If satisfied with a reaction or response I leave the topic.

Now had I jumped on Smudger off the bat, that would of been iffy.
Nein.
Of course you would have a reason off the wagon. No scum would foolishly accept the wagon as dead and hop on another without reason.
In post 300, The Acting Method wrote:Oh also I have two games in my meta in which people have thought there were claims that were actually not claims. Both actually involved me. One was a post lynch false scum claim. That was a misinterpret of what I actually had been trying to say and someone thought it was a scum claim.

The other time it was a soft claim for cop. I hadn't intended that post as a soft claim. (My actual soft claim was a complete turn around on a read I had had. Scum thought it was something else.)
What are you saying here? Sorry, but it's been a long day.

In post 302, The Acting Method wrote:Please tell me that you put me to L-1 or that I wasn't hammered.
L-1. Unlike you, I didn't vote you and leave you to die without examining your alliance first.
No one has confirmed Atlasblade as town, or Peabody/Scot. The latter may be my town reads, but I'm not risking you on them. I don't know if you've noticed or not, but I don't normally vote unless I'm sure or testing something. And voting you wouldn't comply with neither.

In post 302, The Acting Method wrote:This doesn't change where my vote is because I'm hoping that Smudger is still town. And not lying scum.
I still don't see why you think I'm scum. You know, besides Atlas' clear townlike status. Everyone knows the less you post, the more town you are.
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:51 am

In post 303, theslimer3 wrote:
In post 300, The Acting Method wrote:Yeah, problem with your theory.

I stated, quite openly why I left his wagon. And I had stated a few times that I was going to look at those suspects who came from my reading of Aphix and Splash/Mollie.

I don't have a policy of continual assault.

If satisfied with a reaction or response I leave the topic.

Now had I jumped on Smudger off the bat, that would of been iffy.
Nein.
Of course you would have a reason off the wagon. No scum would foolishly accept the wagon as dead and hop on another without reason.
You'd be surprised. Very surprised.
In post 300, The Acting Method wrote:Oh also I have two games in my meta in which people have thought there were claims that were actually not claims. Both actually involved me. One was a post lynch false scum claim. That was a misinterpret of what I actually had been trying to say and someone thought it was a scum claim.

The other time it was a soft claim for cop. I hadn't intended that post as a soft claim. (My actual soft claim was a complete turn around on a read I had had. Scum thought it was something else.)
What are you saying here? Sorry, but it's been a long day.
Basically some times what one person things is a claim or a soft claim. Isn't a claim or soft claim at all. Think of it as me drilling it into your thick skulls that even if I caught it long before I have said I did. I might still have thought of it as unintended and non purposeful.
In post 302, The Acting Method wrote:Please tell me that you put me to L-1 or that I wasn't hammered.
L-1. Unlike you, I didn't vote you and leave you to die without examining your alliance first.
No one has confirmed Atlasblade as town, or Peabody/Scot. The latter may be my town reads, but I'm not risking you on them. I don't know if you've noticed or not, but I don't normally vote unless I'm sure or testing something. And voting you wouldn't comply with neither.
I'm sorry, There's a recently completed n00b where I got hammered and the hammerer thought they were putting me at L-1. Smudger's post does not make it clear. (He might think he was hammering me.) And Slimer, unless you forgot, I did a readthrough of yourself, smudger and Atlas after reading through Mollie/Splash and Aphix. Or does everyone seem to forget I did that before moving my vote to slimer?

[quote
In post 302, The Acting Method wrote:This doesn't change where my vote is because I'm hoping that Smudger is still town. And not lying scum.
I still don't see why you think I'm scum. You know, besides Atlas' clear townlike status. Everyone knows the less you post, the more town you are.
Most times I've ever posted was as scum in one of the few scum games I ever won.

Atlas is not clear to me. HOWEVER Atlas seems LESS likely to be scum with Splash/Mollie than you do.

theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:13 am

Post by theslimer3 »

That all you got for me?
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:23 am

I've said all I wanted to say.

I've long seen Peabody/Scot as being mostly town so it doesn't really effect me that they'd be scum. And they have even a less of a connection to Aphix and Splash/Mollie.

Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:30 am

Post by Smudger »

Why is it scummy voting for scum TAM, you think I am going to back down? Your whole "sorry I sound scummy because
I am the IC and only trying to help People sucks,

Swing low, or high either way your chariots' hit a rut.....

The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:04 am

No Smudger. It's scummy as fuck because bye bye is what you say when you've delivered a game winning hammer.

That's not pro town to say when you're putting a player at L-1.

When I flip town. You'll look incredibly scummy for that. And if you don't... it better be because you died the night before or have come up with a scum in your investigation night 2.

Naio
Naio
Goon
Naio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:19 am

Post by Naio »

In post 295, The Acting Method wrote:
As to how I missed the soft claim... Well, when you consider that most of my posts were focused on showing why I felt your actions scummy/why your actions could be seen as scummy/responding to your responses. Do you really think I was paying close enough attention to smudger other than to notice that he was claiming you as town?

Trust me, I can't see soft claims for beans. The problem with playing a game as IC is that I try to teach and play the game at the same time. This leads to having a slightly scummy sounding tone to my posts, ESPECIALLY because I take every opportunity to try and point something out or teach something.
In post 297, The Acting Method wrote: I PURPOSELY DIDN'T CALL HIM OUT ON HIS SOFTCLAIM BECAUSE I WAS LEGITIMATELY CONCERNED ABOUT HIM BEING KILLED IF HE WAS NOTICED.
First you say you missed the soft claim. and made an excuse about WHY you missed the soft claim.

Then i called you out on it, and you come up with a different excuse.

Why would you make that excuse about "not ever noticing soft claims" if there was a much better reason?

VOTE: The Acting Method
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:41 am

Post by theslimer3 »

I asked for one week naio. At the very least you could have honored that...
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:30 am

Post by Maestro »

Votecount 2.FINAL - Wednesday, November 13th @ 1:30 PM EST

theslimer3 -
[L-3]
The Acting Method
The Acting Method -
[L-0]
Peabody, scotpgot, Smudger, Naio

With
[7]
alive it took
[4]
to Lynch or No Lynch.

scotpgot and AtlasBlade should respond via PM to my Nightstart PM. It will serve as an unofficial prod.

Not Voting:
Atlasblade, theslimer3
Night 2 Action Deadline is in ... (expired on 2013-11-15 14:30:00)

The Acting Method has been Lynched Day 2. They were a
Vanilla Townie
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:22 pm

Post by Maestro »

Smudger has been Killed Night 2. They were a
Town Cop

Votecount 3.01 - Monday, November 18th @ 3:22 PM EST

scotpgot -
[L-3]

Atlasblade -
[L-3]

Naio -
[L-3]

Peabody -
[L-3]

theslimer3 -
[L-3]

With
[5]
alive it takes
[3]
to Lynch or No Lynch.

Apologies for the delay, the responsibility was all mine.

Not Voting:
scotpgot, Atlasblade, Naio, Peabody, theslimer3
Deadline is in ... (expired on 2013-12-02 04:22:00)
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:09 pm

Post by Smudger »

Bahhhh good luck town

theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:07 am

Post by theslimer3 »

I'm afraid Naio may have given the game away
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:06 am

Post by Peabody »

In post 313, theslimer3 wrote:I'm afraid Naio may have given the game away
What does this mean?

Hm. I'd like to hear more from Atlas.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:38 am

Post by Peabody »

In post 275, scotpgot wrote:Well, now that I know I'm not alone.

VOTE: The Acting Method
In post 231, The Acting Method wrote: It could, Obviously Scum found Aphix to be a threat of some kind. That or he may have thought them town and they felt it worth it to kill him to give them town cred. It's a two sided sword.
I'd also like to say that it clears me more likely than not. Because for what reason would I want to kill Aphix dead.

I'd have to question why the scum kept me alive though. As the IC in theory they would want me dead more than the others. So that is why I lean to an advantage for them from it.
That^^^ always struck me as wrong. WiFoM, yes. But...I don't know...forced, somehow. Not natural. How does the aphix murder clear you?

I was confused for a good number of days by the aphix murder. But I've thought of a possibility: It seems to me the aphix murder had less to do with aphix and more to do with everyone's reads on aphix. Rather than murdering a clear townie, scum murders the person who almost certainly would have been the next "on the block", with the single goal of creating confusion. That's a smart play by a smart player.
Scot, can you explain the first line of this post please? Why did you feel you needed to hold your vote until others agreed with you?
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:39 am

Post by theslimer3 »

Call it the worlds most accurate hunch if you will.

I'm still on the defenses. With Naio as a conf town, it'd be wise to make amends with him first.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:40 am

Post by Peabody »

Can you please spell out what you meant by that though?
Atlasblade
Atlasblade
Townie
Atlasblade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:03 am

Post by Atlasblade »

Hmm back to square one I suppose. Considering we lost the cop out of all people, this'll be pretty rough. Personally I was off as hell on my reads unfortunately, but I think we can pull some process of elimination if you don't mind.
Atlasblade
Atlasblade
Townie
Atlasblade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:23 am

Post by Atlasblade »

In post 316, theslimer3 wrote:Call it the worlds most accurate hunch if you will.

I'm still on the defenses. With Naio as a conf town, it'd be wise to make amends with him first.
How do u know that he's confirmed town? If so then that's not exactly a good thing for you.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:10 am

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 317, Peabody wrote:Can you please spell out what you meant by that though?
Hold that thought.
(basically it's the fact that I have no leads and I expected a quick lynch on me, then a flop in lylo, though)
In post 319, Atlasblade wrote:
In post 316, theslimer3 wrote:Call it the worlds most accurate hunch if you will.

How do u know that he's confirmed town? If so then that's not exactly a good thing for you.
Have you been paying attention to this game?
scotpgot
scotpgot
Townie
scotpgot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:02 pm

Post by scotpgot »

In post 315, Peabody wrote:
In post 275, scotpgot wrote:Well, now that I know I'm not alone.
Scot, can you explain the first line of this post please? Why did you feel you needed to hold your vote until others agreed with you?
Because I had been guilty of speaking too soon and it biting me in the ass. I wanted to wait until I was at least a little sure that I wouldn't be speaking out of turn (again).

VOTE: atlasblade

First to accuse. Plus, we both got the prod when the Night phase started, and I know *I* replied right away. Then waited for five days.
Atlasblade
Atlasblade
Townie
Atlasblade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:47 pm

Post by Atlasblade »

In post 320, theslimer3 wrote:
In post 317, Peabody wrote:Can you please spell out what you meant by that though?
Hold that thought.
(basically it's the fact that I have no leads and I expected a quick lynch on me, then a flop in lylo, though)
In post 319, Atlasblade wrote:

Have you been paying attention to this game?
I was half asleep from class when i wrote this tbh
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:18 am

Post by Peabody »

Atlas, do you see why Naio is confirmed town yet? Sleepy or not?
Atlasblade
Atlasblade
Townie
Atlasblade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:13 am

Post by Atlasblade »

In post 323, Peabody wrote:Atlas, do you see why Naio is confirmed town yet? Sleepy or not?
Yes. Reread from a few pages back.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”