Newbie 1444 ~ Game Ovah ~ Mafia Win

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:33 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 519, cxinlee wrote:I saw that your conclusion was one-sided, and how it did not add any other possibilities.
How did you see this?

I know that you are pointing at my conclusion and claiming there was no consideration prior to that - but what makes you so sure of that belief. Obviouslly a conclusion will state a final belief, but what did I do to showcase that I refused to consider other options?

Let's do this, clearly you "considered other options" before calling me out for this tell, right? I'm guessing one of those other options was "Thor did consider other options" Just tell me how you ruled out that I had - that's all I'm asking.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:36 am

Post by Thor665 »

Hi, we have 3 days till deadline and stalled wagons.

Your primary goal is to get a read on me and Zipper. If you think one of us is scum vote them asap and say why you think this.
If you think we're both town then start screaming like crazy and try to start an alternate wagon.
Time is of the essence.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:48 am

Post by Malakittens »

2.09With 8 alive it's 5 votes to lynch

Voting for:

*Kytoxid -
*Notscience -
*Cxinlee -
*Zipperflesh - Thor665, Cxinlee, Bulbazak [3] [L-2]
*burn_209 -
*1baldeagle1 - Kytoxid [1]
*Bulbazak -
*Thor665 - Zipperflesh, burn_209, 1baldeagle1 [3] [L-2]

Not voting: Notscience [1]

Day 2 ends in (expired on 2013-11-22 16:12:00)
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
1baldeagle1
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:33 am

Post by 1baldeagle1 »

In post 515, zipperflesh wrote:No, Thor it doesn't effect my read. Eagles flop was scummy and makes no sense to me. How many more ways do I have to say it? I'm starting to feel like you'll try to twist everything I say to fit into your case.
Do you want to respond to how my flop made no sense? I responded and explained it and you are ignoring it and calling it scummy.
In post 517, Thor665 wrote:
In post 515, zipperflesh wrote:No, Thor it doesn't effect my read. Eagles flop was scummy and makes no sense to me. How many more ways do I have to say it? I'm starting to feel like you'll try to twist everything I say to fit into your case.
Do you think it's possible that Eagle and I are scum together? Because if his flop was so bad as to make him a scum read for you and yet you're still voting me it looks like either you think we are scum buddies or you are hoping to set up a lynch for tomorrow after I flip town.
This sounds a bit true, tbh.

Hmmm, zipper might be a okay lynch. I'll have to think about my read on Thor and zipper.
You can find my meta on my wiki.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:54 am

Post by notscience »

I want the reasonings behind both wagons before I reread
cxinlee
cxinlee
Goon
cxinlee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:26 pm

Post by cxinlee »

From my perspective you just used the points to conclude that Burn, without adding any other possibilities.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:57 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 529, notscience wrote:I want the reasonings behind both wagons before I reread
Short answer;

Zipper thinks I soft pushed the lynch town wagon yesterday and wanted it to go through as a scum plot of evil.

I think Zipper blatantly advanced the lynch town wagon while claimign it was to "pressure" her with a few days left prior to deadline and ignoring the alternate wagon of someone he was calling scum and then disappeared for those days to let the wagon go through as a scum plot of evil.

So now whassup with you?
In post 530, cxinlee wrote:#67

From my perspective you just used the points to conclude that Burn, without adding any other possibilities.
Clearly when I reached a conclusion I wouldn't advance other possibilities - that's what a conclusion is.
Prior to my conclusion why do you rule out that I didn't consider other possibilities...it certainly seemed to take me a while to reach my conclusion if I just leaped to it immediately, which seems to suggest I was doing some sort of consideration on it, at least that's what I think. What do you think it looks like and why did you decide it wasn't me considering things? I'd really like a clear answer on this, as functionally it's what you're asking me to prove, and yet you seem to be having some issues with proving that you worked it over and ruled it out.

Is that because you worked it over and ruled it out in your head and didn't post every possibility you considered and instead simply posted your conclusion when you reached it?

And if that is true, and what I am content to believe happened, then why do you expect different from me?
And why can't you show different from yourself in that case?
Kytoxid
Kytoxid
Townie
Kytoxid
Townie
Townie

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:47 pm

Post by Kytoxid »

Ugh, I have a headache. I've only partially caught up since my last post, I'll finish it tomorrow. For now though, I'd favour a Zipper lynch much more than a Thor lynch. Since it doesn't look like my vote will be very useful on Eagle.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: zipperflesh

Zipper is now at L-1.

In post 507, Bulbazak wrote:
Cxinlee
: I liked Micc and got a general town feel from him. Cxinlee hasn't really done much overall, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for his predecessor's sake.
Is there anything in particular that you liked from Micc? I didn't get much of a town vibe from him at the time, and looking back his ISO, nothing really stood out to me.
In post 507, Bulbazak wrote:
1baldeagle1
: I've recently come to understand how he thinks a little bit more, and he genuinely looks like he's trying to figure things out, although not effectively. He's probably town.
Hmm. Do you see what he's doing in post then? That's been bugging me this whole time (and it bugged talah too).
In post 507, Bulbazak wrote:I thought it was funny how many people called Zipper town because of his catchup posts. That just goes to show that they really didn't read them.
I don't remember who exactly was making these comments, but if Zipper gets lynched today, do you think his flip, combined with the people that did the above, can be used to narrow down the suspects? Or is this more of a null tell?

I'm just thinking if Zipper flips scum, what are the chances this was used as an easy excuse for his scumbuddy to try to clear him?
In post 507, Bulbazak wrote:His posts are not genuine, rather very calculated and manipulative, meant to look like a lot, but saying very little. He also hasn't had very strong stances, always keeping his options open.
@burn: You are still supporting a Thor lynch. If we do lynch him today and he flips scum, who would you suspect as his scumbuddy? What if he flips town?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:03 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 529, notscience wrote:I want the reasonings behind both wagons before I reread
Here's my reason for Zipper-scum:
In post 507, Bulbazak wrote: Zipperflesh[/b]: I thought it was funny how many people called Zipper town because of his catchup posts. That just goes to show that they really didn't read them. Many players will actually write off walls as coming from town, regardless of the content, simply because they hold the notion that scum wouldn't put forth the effort. However, that is not the case. Take Zipper's catchup posts, for instance. All they are composed of are a bunch of quotes followed by filler. There's no critical analysis from these posts, just throwaway lines. It's simply put together for appearence's sake, rather than to actually scumhunt. Not to mention his votes have simply been following the general flow of the game, i.e. where the majority was going anyway. Then there is the Thor push, which is probably the most opportunistic thing in this entire game, using the momentum from a dead townie's final reads, which even she wasn't 100% positive on since she interacted with Thor in twilight AS IF HE WAS TOWN. I'm really not seeing the town motivation here.
In post 532, Kytoxid wrote: Is there anything in particular that you liked from Micc?
I thought his scumhunting felt genuine.
In post 532, Kytoxid wrote: Do you see what he's doing in post then?
It looks like he simply assumed wall=town in regards to Burn. The only thing that I find off is his voting Thor based on Thor's use of self-meta. I'd need to check if Eagle thinks self-meta is scummy first, though.
In post 532, Kytoxid wrote:
In post 507, Bulbazak wrote:I thought it was funny how many people called Zipper town because of his catchup posts. That just goes to show that they really didn't read them.
I don't remember who exactly was making these comments, but if Zipper gets lynched today, do you think his flip, combined with the people that did the above, can be used to narrow down the suspects? Or is this more of a null tell?
As I've said, there's a tendency for town to associate walls with town posting. I don't think it's indicative of alignment at all.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

If Zipper is scum I am definitely keeping an eye on Burn.
If I die over night people should remember this.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:33 am

Post by notscience »

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Read up and there are too many fucking walls but woo freetime

THE SUPERCOOL TOWNBLOC
me- obvtown as usual
Kyto- Predecessor made me think this slot town by page 2. Page. 2. Did
Bulba- This feels like the bulba I've played with before (townbulba, open 495 for anyone interested). That whole wall schtick was there too.

Plebs of the townbloc-
Cxinlee- Mostly due to his predecessor being pretty town and scumhunting and etc

\o/ no idea
eagle

NOT IN THE TOWNBLOC SO PROBS SCUM
thor- Can't seem to put him in the townbloc
zipper
burn- I saw the same thing about DoL but his ISO bugs me. Activity=wallposts, none=omg no activity.

But I don't claim early intents to hammer so I'll just let you all stick these in your pipes to smoke on
cxinlee
cxinlee
Goon
cxinlee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:27 pm

Post by cxinlee »

Actually the thing is I never came to any conclusion. I simply made an observation and asked for your point of view before I could conclude anything.

Yes, I am aware that my argument is weak.

I thought that if you had considered Burn’s perspective, you would’ve have thought of the possibility that it was the lynch he was upset of rather than the pressuring itself.

And yeah, for some reason by brain is in some weird jam. I have no idea why I’m playing so horribly.

Notscience seems like a fun guy to play with.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:38 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 535, notscience wrote:But I don't claim early intents to hammer so I'll just let you all stick these in your pipes to smoke on
You have just made the most boring and safe reads list you could possibly do.
Please let us know which of your 3 scum reads is your biggest scum read and why.
In post 536, cxinlee wrote:Actually the thing is I never came to any conclusion. I simply made an observation and asked for your point of view before I could conclude anything.
:neutral:
In post 536, cxinlee wrote:Yes, I am aware that my argument is weak.
Yup. Which makes one wonder why you were still riding it when I was at L-1.
In post 536, cxinlee wrote:I thought that if you had considered Burn’s perspective, you would’ve have thought of the possibility that it was the lynch he was upset of rather than the pressuring itself.
I thought of a number of reasons he might have said what he said, that's why I asked him many questions to better understand his stance prior to voting him over it.
I always understood that his expressed issue was the lynch - I even used that *as part of my case*. So I am now even more confused about what you're on about.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:39 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 537, Thor665 wrote:You have just made the most boring and safe reads list you could possibly do.
Please let us know which of your 3 scum reads is your biggest scum read and why.
Heck, your scum reads are;

Thor's scum reads...plus Thor.

So I'm really fascinated to see this clarified.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:20 pm

Post by notscience »

Did you read the name of the tiers?

I'm townhunting. I'm not scumhunting.

I've stated who I think to be town so
zipperflesh
zipperflesh
Goon
zipperflesh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:55 pm

Post by zipperflesh »

#1 I as scum would not try to kill a town Thor N1. He's like an obv choice for protection roles N1, and Thor knows this, so Im not sure why he is allowing that argument to swing people on my lynch.

#2 I AM the reason we had a deathless night. I also think Thor has realized this, which explains why he started on me as soon as day broke, using his day 1 suspicions to help float his case.

#3 I'm almost positive Thor is scum this game, and one of burn or eagle is buddy. Either that or my reads are way off this game....

#4 Lynch me today if you want, I'm almost certainly going to die tonight if you don't, but please don't let scum Thor sweet talk you to a town loss.
Retired GM of Px2 - It's like a book club, but with bullets.

“If Passion drives, let Reason hold the Reins.” - Ben Franklin
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 540, zipperflesh wrote:#1 I as scum would not try to kill a town Thor N1. He's like an obv choice for protection roles N1, and Thor knows this, so Im not sure why he is allowing that argument to swing people on my lynch.
People are arguing that I was protected, so they appear to agree with you as far as that goes.
In post 540, zipperflesh wrote:#2 I AM the reason we had a deathless night. I also think Thor has realized this, which explains why he started on me as soon as day broke, using his day 1 suspicions to help float his case.
Will this softclaim become any harder?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 539, notscience wrote:Did you read the name of the tiers?

I'm townhunting. I'm not scumhunting.

I've stated who I think to be town so
Don't really care if you can't decide who is the towniest and the scummiest of your remainder.
Are you seriously telling me you can't?

Also, please define the difference between 'not knowing' about Eagle and 'not in the townbloc' with Zipper, Burn and I.
Because if you are just ruling out town reads than Eagle's placement in your tiers appears to make no sense.
What am I missing?
zipperflesh
zipperflesh
Goon
zipperflesh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:26 pm

Post by zipperflesh »

In post 541, Thor665 wrote:
In post 540, zipperflesh wrote:#1 I as scum would not try to kill a town Thor N1. He's like an obv choice for protection roles N1, and Thor knows this, so Im not sure why he is allowing that argument to swing people on my lynch.
People are arguing that I was protected, so they appear to agree with you as far as that goes.
In post 540, zipperflesh wrote:#2 I AM the reason we had a deathless night. I also think Thor has realized this, which explains why he started on me as soon as day broke, using his day 1 suspicions to help float his case.
Will this softclaim become any harder?
That's exactly what I mean. Why would try to kill you, knowing you'd be the most likely to be protected? It just doesn't grok.

-------

I don't see any reason to claim any harder, best to keep scum guessing if I do end up living through the day. Although, depending on what other roles are out there, those who need to know my role can pretty well guess, and there is no need giving scum any more info about the set up than they have already.

cxinlee
cxinlee
Goon
cxinlee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:48 pm

Post by cxinlee »

Wait zipper you claimed pr?

How can we be sure about it if we can't cc?
Kytoxid
Kytoxid
Townie
Kytoxid
Townie
Townie

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:14 pm

Post by Kytoxid »

In post 533, Bulbazak wrote:It looks like he simply assumed wall=town in regards to Burn. The only thing that I find off is his voting Thor based on Thor's use of self-meta. I'd need to check if Eagle thinks self-meta is scummy first, though.
My issue is how quickly he transitioned from thinking burn was scum to town, based on that one post. If he had thought burn was null, then it might be okay, but scum read to town read went by in a blink.
zipperflesh wrote:I don't see any reason to claim any harder, best to keep scum guessing if I do end up living through the day. Although, depending on what other roles are out there, those who need to know my role can pretty well guess, and there is no need giving scum any more info about the set up than they have already.
This is a ridiculous and scummy statement.

With less than 2 days left, you've basically make a claim that can't be proven/disproven without lynching you. If you were actually town, you're already setting up mafia's kill tonight on yourself regardless, so...why bother hiding it? Better to give the town more information now so we can discuss it before the lynch, instead of waiting until you've died along with tonight's NK target.

Beyond that, with no deaths last night and your soft-claim, scum have the setup narrowed down, while we still don't know anything.

Of course, if you were scum, this would make sense because you avoid the risk of being counter-claimed while looking important, and then if you don't get lynched, when you don't die tonight, you can stir up a whole bunch of WIFOM.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:21 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 545, Kytoxid wrote:If you were actually town, you're already setting up mafia's kill tonight on yourself regardless, so...why bother hiding it?
It is a no-win scenario, but it's better to lynch scum than have a mislynch wasted on yourself, especially if you can ward it off.

Zipper's right. The Thor NK doesn't make sense coming from him.

Unvote

Vote Burn_209

This, however, needs to happen. I'm not voting for either of the 2 wagons today. We have plenty of time to lynch Burn-scum, folks.

zipperflesh
zipperflesh
Goon
zipperflesh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:24 pm

Post by zipperflesh »

My reasoning is this: There are multiple options for my role and each require scum make their next move differently. They also have to decide whether or not I'm just bluffing to draw the night kill. So, by soft claiming I give town a chance at not lynching a power role, but I play a game of WIFOM with a scum team who are already behind by one death.

What info does the town gain by knowing my exact role? Scum on the other hand can easily deduce what other power roles we may have by knowing their roles and my role. It's scummy to suggest I full claim at this point, when that info only helps scum. My town read on kytoxid has suddenly slipped a little.

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:58 am

Post by notscience »

Kytoxid is town. Zipper, you're most likely town.

Bulba, why burn over thor?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:05 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 548, notscience wrote: Bulba, why burn over thor?
Because Thor is town, and Burn is scum.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”