Open 536: Faith Plus One Game Over! Mafia Win!

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:36 am

Post by shos »

that is exactly why I am abstaining from voting GG so far. meta alone is mostly not enough.

Pasch: I literally *just* ISOed you and it is nowehere to be found.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:38 am

Post by T S O »

In post 774, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 768, T S O wrote:And I'm not sure if he does it as Town, but when suspected as scum he gets so agitated he starts spewing shit.
I am not spewing shit.
You spampost like tomorrow isn't gonna come.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:38 am

Post by shos »

In post 776, T S O wrote:
In post 774, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 768, T S O wrote:And I'm not sure if he does it as Town, but when suspected as scum he gets so agitated he starts spewing shit.
I am not spewing shit.
You spampost like tomorrow isn't gonna come.
Le Link,
si vous plait?

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:40 am

Post by T S O »

I'm getting really fucking sick of Guyett's deathtunnel. The reason he's voting me is because he has "a hunch." It has nothing to do with my reads (which should be clear by the way; I'm transparent as fuck) it's to do with him assuming for no reason that me and Taylor are scumbuddies.

Pasch, if you agree, why don't you vote me instead of wagoncheering?
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:42 am

Post by shos »

@TSO: guyette is scum. sick of him? get rid of him! It is called VOTING. pronounced VOAT-ING. lol.

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:43 am

Post by T S O »

shos, mini 1510. Go to Grim's #659, read from there.

pedit: good point son!!

vote: Guyett
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:43 am

Post by Guyett »

Nope thats not why I voted you again
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:51 am

Post by shos »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... &start=675

^^^ look at dat link guyz

GG/guyette/Obs scumteam FTL

pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:09 am

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

Sorry for derping out of this game. Let's try to get back into it.

I'm ISO'ing Taylor and Grimgroove now, as they seem the topic of most the discussion.
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:15 am

Post by shos »

lol firstly read up the 500 posts you skipped

Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:18 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I still maintain my thoughts from yesterday: a lot of people are being lazy or they simply don't care about this game. They go by gut instead of reading what's going on. I have tried to change your ways, but all I get is more bullcrap getting thrown my way.

I'm sick of it. Genuinely, seriously sick of it. You don't take me owning the hell out of helium and Taylor into account at all. You just blabber about "style". Gutreads about what is unfakable and what not. Fucking stupid shit that doesn't carry a read at all. What's unfakable one day, the next day suddenly becomes something like "Hmmmm, maybe they could have faked it?". Those are the arguments of people who don't bother looking at the dynamics of a discussion. Let alone looking at the content.

Why should I bother then, if you don't?
I had fun in the beginning, I still had some juice in me, but I ran out. This town has dragged me down to their level. I know how pompous this sounds, but that's nothing compared to your arguments about "how you konw me" and how you "sense" this isd not the town-Grim. You obviously don't know shit about me.

shos, helium, guyett, T S O, whichever of you is town: pay attention. And don't try to pull this shit on me in future games because I'll seriously be blowing a fuse. What you're seeing now is a part of Grimgroove you haven't seen before and you'll probably like me a lot less for it, but it is part of who I am and I want to speak freely.

I am confronted with lazy town. So I just decided: I'm going to be lazy too. I'm going to give you an argument you can't ignore. Will I die during night 1? Most certainly. I die a lot during night 1 anyways. Why? Because I put in effort. Why do I put in effort? Because I enjoy doing it. But not under these circumstances.

Some of you are going to freak out probably, but I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ANYMORE, LET ME TELL YOU THIS RIGHT THE FUCK NOW. And why? Because you didn't give a shit either. I have tried to talk sense into you, and you start blabbering about fucking meta and whatnot. Yes, and it is frustrating. Not because it's so wonderfully correct. Not because you're so wonderfully talented in sensing these things. Quite the oposite. And I'm going to show you right in this post all that stuff you've been saying about me is bullshit. I'm pretty sure scum is onto me already anyway, because at least someone is supposed to be paying attention.

And you can tell me I have been playing badly and whatever, I feel so much at peace with myself and with the way I played so far that it's not going to touch me in the least bit. Some of you are probably going to say: aaah, yes that could explain it too. But no. I have played this with a town set of mind like I do any game. Whatever difference you wil lattirbute to my role is in your lazy heads.

What I said earlier about being disappointed is very true. Time to turn the tables in that regard and show you how it feels when you feel town messing up all around you. This is a wake-up call. You've just lost town-benefit over your laziness. And you won't be able to count on me during the rest of the game. Not investment-wise, not role-wise.

I told you before, I WARNED you before my MS-future was going to depend on this shit. I really enjoy playing this game, and yes, part of me takes it seriously. I invest time in it, I find out mistakes, I find out tells. But then there's times where I ask myself: what am I doing? The people I'm playing with aren't even paying attnetion. They come into the game with pre-decided ideas and that's that. My interactions with Taylor show CLEAR progression to anyone who would bother to take a look at it. Same for my interactions with helium. Have I focussed on them? So what? Their arguments made no sense at all.

Taylor is going to pat themselves on th back for driving me to this, but let me tell you right now mastin: you get no props. I am on to you completely. You operate in some aura of untouchability that I don't understand, but you get away with a lot of stupid shit and I've seen it get to your head. No. You were Obvious. To anyone paying attention.

So here it comes.

I am the town cop.

Yes. Why do I expose myself now, you ask? Because you're fucking lazy asses. A lazy town deserves a lazy cop. I see no reason not to be lazy as well in this kind of envrionment. I see no reason to bother with making arguments about why I behave the way I do, when I have this card up my sleeve. Just look at those arguments in . The mere idea that some of you are taking that kind of stuff into account over the stuff I have pointed out is beyond me. Maybe I seemed chaotic, but I'm writing in English right? You can follow my thought-process right? But you're not even trying to do that. You sit there staring at a screen herpaderping and patting your gut telling how wonderful it is.

Scum KNOW I'm onto them. Fucking Taylor, fucking shos, and probably fucking helium as well. Why do you think I'm making such a big deal out of that softclaim? I saw a copclaim in that softclaim. Taylor is not the worst possible lynch. He is not close to conftown, as he said himself. What do you think that hints at: "I'm close to conftown"? And then mollie DARES to say in my face that doesn't mean anything? That it's not the softclaim that swayed her? BULLSHIT. I really hope you're scum mollie, or you're just lying town trying to look smarter than they are. You know full well you have no reasons to townread Taylor apart from that. Nobody but the town cop is close to conftown. And that person is me.

But I didn't need that softclaim to be onto those scumbags. But you obviously do. Those arguments that have been used against me are DEPRESSING.
DEPRESSING
. And to see people actually take this shit seriously, instead of looking at all the inconsistencies, all the lies that I have pointed out in other peoples' play is as well.

And scum, don't pat yourselves on the back over this. I can already imagine mastins aying how he drove me to this copclaim and how his play was brilliant. LEt me respectfully disagree with that. You are scum graced with the benefit of doubt and a lazy town. I can't emphasize that last bit enough.

So yes, this is me throwing my last ace on the table. And town is the worse for it, I know that full well, and you can blame me for it all you want: your criticism isn't going to touch me. You are in no position to critisize me. I know I tried.

I'm hoping you take this as an opportunity to re-evaluate the way you approach these games and why you enjoy them. If it's about gutreads and looking at the stars, go play the lottery, but please don't be in a game with me. But I'm probably talking to a majority of people who play that way. Maybe I really am looking for something in this game that isn't really there, but I am going to try and give to some other goes before I'm saying: fuck this shit. This game has potential. It really does.

Oh, and T S O: . Take a long hard look at yourself and the people you're sheeping before saying stuff like that. This is EXACTLY the kind of posts that have driven me to the boiling point you're currently seeing me in.

Good night.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Taylor
Taylor
Goon
Taylor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:27 am

Post by Taylor »

What. the fuck.

When this game is over, I'm going to throw that post in your face. When all alignments are outed. I'm going to throw all your posts in your face. I don't even care if it's not sportsmanlike. I'm going to to it. Because if you
are
the cop, you deserve every bit of frustration you have gotten here. You know why? Because, if you
are
town, you have wasted so much fucking time on us. You have wasted our time, and town's time, and your time.

I hope you feel like shit when this is over with. I know that's a shitty thing to say. But I really do. I really do.

ETL
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:27 am

Well there goes ISO'ing GG. :igmeou:

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:29 am

In post 784, shos wrote:lol firstly read up the 500 posts you skipped
Have you said one sensible thing this game?

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:31 am

Post by shos »

I'm pretty sure GG is not really a cop and just wants to be killed cuz he's tired of this game, lol, so if you're a cop - don't CC him.

GG, chill the hell down. we're metaing you together, even if we do get some conclusion, that's only meta. come forth, vote guyette alongside of thy friend, have a cup of tea, get some booze and go to sleep!

you may be right, but that's irrelevant at the moment. taylor and helium are not going to be lynched, and so am I; if you thought taylor was going to claim cop, you shoulda waited for it, crumbed earlier etc etc. it doesn't matter. this is a game, don't take it TOO personally.

good night :) I'm going to bed too.

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:32 am

Post by shos »

In post 788, pieceofpecanpie wrote:
In post 784, shos wrote:lol firstly read up the 500 posts you skipped
Have you said one sensible thing this game?
yes.

shut up and read, lol. nighty :)

Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:37 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 786, Taylor wrote:What. the fuck.

When this game is over, I'm going to throw that post in your face. When all alignments are outed. I'm going to throw all your posts in your face. I don't even care if it's not sportsmanlike. I'm going to to it. Because if you
are
the cop, you deserve every bit of frustration you have gotten here. You know why? Because, if you
are
town, you have wasted so much fucking time on us. You have wasted our time, and town's time, and your time.

I hope you feel like shit when this is over with. I know that's a shitty thing to say. But I really do. I really do.

ETL
Yes, because you're the only one allowed to get emotional outbursts right? You can make me feel bad then if you want, just know you already achieved it right now by simply stating your intentions of doing so.

*soft touch of violin music*

Really, me getting worked up over this and me putting this thing in perspective are so wonderfully close together. Town doesn't lose this game because the cop outs himself on Day 1. This set-up can just as easily be won without any PR's. The only thing you have to do is actually take the effort. I just see this as an opportunity to get some ponderings of the philosopohical kind out of me, because it's so fitting. You can rididcule me for it, you can hate me for it, or you can (preferably :mrgreen:) love me for it.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:38 am

Post by Guyett »

Why claim now grim :/
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:39 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I just wrote twenty paragraphs explaining why.
N64Lord
N64Lord
Goon
N64Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:41 am

Post by N64Lord »

In post 769, helium-3 wrote:OK, so everyone who's actually looked at grimgroove's meta agrees that it matches his scum meta and/or is distinctly different from his town meta.

Why are there only 2 votes for the groovy kid at this point?
Only 5 people have done as such (you, TSO, Taylor, Shos, and Guyett)

Also this train of thought is wrong. We're probbably going to spend the rest of d1 with Grimgrove "owning the shit out of you" then you people all repeating your argument to each other in a way that pretends like you think its attractive to the 5 passive players and the 4 lurkers.
But it's no fun for me unless I share it. You are my captive audience. Be shared upon now!
Are you saying that paying 50 cents to Valve suddenly makes you impervious to changes in opinion?
If you don't, then everything is your fault. Everything. Except good things.
Taylor
Taylor
Goon
Taylor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:01 pm

Post by Taylor »

Good call on claiming cop, Grim. Had you claimed Faith Healer, I'd be lynching your ass. :P

If you couldn't tell by the above. No, I don't believe Grim's claim.

However.
Unvote: Grimgroove
VOTE: Paschendale.

I'm still not lynching the cop claim on D1. Even if Grim's fakeclaiming, he still has to fake results. And if he's not the real cop, the real cop dieing at any point condemns him. And even if not, said real cop would be able to collect results. And then we'd be able to compare them. Thus, I'm advocating not lynching him, despite how I don't believe his claim so much as for a second, because there's the theoretical chance he's the real cop (even though that's an INCREDIBLE improbability), and that he-as-scum is STILL going to give us valuable info via him being forced to fake being the cop.

In other words, we gain a lot by letting him live regardless of his alignment, whereas lynching him only benefits us if he is fakeclaiming scum. (Which he probably is, but still.)

So, plan B. Lynch another scumread. Not us, obviously. So Pasch is my choice.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:13 pm

Post by Guyett »

Why not tso or shos?
N64Lord
N64Lord
Goon
N64Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:23 pm

Post by N64Lord »

VOTE: Taylor
ETL worded that as if Grimgroove would not die via lynch, and Mastin does the above. His claim will not be contested. THAT gambit makes no sense. Its a simple falsehood. Letting your "conf"-scum live because they've commited to bussing a partner? Obviosuly they could put it off forever. And if they really wanted to bus him, he could coach him in thread to lay the hammer on you>

Except that you are not an apparent townread. You have been informed of how your behavior was forcing Grimgroove to focus on you (and Helios) for consistently presenting a substance less case as legitimate, and by bodyblocking discussion by reviving it in a self confident way( ignoring the intent, at least, of his responses) and filling the game with so very many posts.

The clear implication of "Town's not going to lynch him" is that you want us to attribute him living through night phases to his being scum. Taylor is scum beyond all reasonable doubt.

Make this fake hammer into a real one.
But it's no fun for me unless I share it. You are my captive audience. Be shared upon now!
Are you saying that paying 50 cents to Valve suddenly makes you impervious to changes in opinion?
If you don't, then everything is your fault. Everything. Except good things.
Taylor
Taylor
Goon
Taylor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:54 pm

Post by Taylor »

In post 797, N64Lord wrote:ETL worded that as if Grimgroove would not die via lynch, and Mastin does the above.
ETL's free to correct me, but her wording seemed pretty damn death-method-neutral. But, yes. I think Grimgroove is scum and thus not going to die other than through a lynch. No, I'm not going to lynch him today.
His claim will not be contested.
But this is true regardless of his alignment. He's the real cop? No scum's going to come out and counterclaim him. He's fakeclaiming? The cop doesn't want to out themselves just to take out one scum, not on day one. In either case, there's not going to be a counterclaim, thus, there's not going to be any contestant to his claim.
Letting your "conf"-scum live because they've commited to bussing a partner? Obviosuly they could put it off forever.
Letting confscum-who-has-claimed-cop live, to give info? Hell yes. It's not something I'd blindly let slide. It could be D2. It could be D3. Probably not later than that. That we could consider Grim's alignment. But not before then. Not on day one are we lynching him. Because regardless of his alignment, we have more to gain by letting him live than we have to lose if he is scum fakeclaiming here.
Except that you are not an apparent townread.
We are, because actual town players can tell we're town. This is not my scumplay. This is not ETL's scumplay. A town-Grim would know it's not my scumplay, too. He's seen my scumplay twice. He got an intimately-detailed description of it that game. And he knows. KNOWS. That this game is nothing like either of those. There's a reason I'm pretty damn sure he's scum fakeclaiming. Because there's not a chance in hell he legitimately, seriously, believes that I am obvious scum.

Despite that, as I said. At least until tomorrow. Maybe day three. We can afford to let him live. Because I'm no scumhunting god (even though I'm pretty damn sure he's scum), it's always theoretically-possible I'm wrong about my read on him. (Theoretically.) Aside from that, again. If he's scum, he's forced to claim results. If he's scum, he's forced to fake info. Like I said. We gain virtually nothing from lynching him. Even if he's scum, we get nothing today that we don't get tomorrow or on D3. But we DO get EXTRA by letting him live. (Especially if, SOMEHOW, despite EVERYTHING pointing to Grim being scum, he is actually town.)
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:26 pm

Post by sthar8 »

Gah I'm skimming at work.

I HAVE A PLAN, so nobody do anything nuts wrt claims yet. I'll explain more later.

Return to “Completed Open Games”