[M] Newbie 1440: Maestro's Manic Mafia - DAY 3

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:30 am

Post by Peabody »

So what are your thoughts?
scotpgot
scotpgot
Townie
scotpgot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:57 pm

Post by scotpgot »

UNVOTE:

I just don't know anymore. :(

I'm definitely not comfortable leaving my vote on anyone anymore after what happened last round. Although, I will admit I was convinced TAM was scum. Going to have to take a good hard look at everyone again.

I'm sorry I've been so absent. I got a second job and my schedule Monday - Thursday is 7 - 1 and then 2:30 - 9:00. So...yeah. Hopefully Friday I'll get some reading done.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:04 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

What about you pbody? Who's the most likely scum?

And we haven't heard from Naio today
Naio
Naio
Goon
Naio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:18 pm

Post by Naio »

VOTE: Atlasblade
Atlasblade
Atlasblade
Townie
Atlasblade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:08 pm

Post by Atlasblade »

In post 328, Naio wrote:VOTE: Atlasblade
Reason?

Also I tried to do some PoE at some point. How it ended up was that it pointed towards Slim3r or Scopgot as being the other scum. Personally I'm leaning towards Slimer considering both Peabody and Scopgot pretty much lean towards town for me here reading back on their ISOs respectively.

VOTE: theslimer3
Atlasblade
Atlasblade
Townie
Atlasblade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:13 pm

Post by Atlasblade »

Oh yeah I'd also like to hear from Peabody and Slimer at this point as well.
Naio
Naio
Goon
Naio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:22 pm

Post by Naio »

In post 329, Atlasblade wrote:
In post 328, Naio wrote:VOTE: Atlasblade
Reason?
Your actions seems scummy.

You started being pretty quiet and non-agressive. Now that cop is gone, you seem more agressive like you're trying to push the game along.

You've had almost as many posts today, as you've had in the past 3 weeks.

Also, is this an alt account? You seem to know a good number of acronyms and playstyles for playing 1 game in 2012 and this being your 2nd game.
Naio
Naio
Goon
Naio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:27 pm

Post by Naio »

question for each player remaining

As i am the only confirmed town this is likely my last day, so before the day ends i'll give all my reads, but until then i'd like everyone to respond to the following 2 questions:

1) What pro-town things have you done/said so far
2) What pro-scum things have you done/said so far

Brief answers are fine (2-3 sentences each) but please put some thought into it. I want to have some structure around this day rather than the clusterf&$% that was yesterday.

MOD:
could you please do vote counts more frequently? Honestly, I didn't realize TAM was L-1 because i didn't read the previous posts carefully enough where someone mentioned it, and we didnt get a vote count for all of day2.
Atlasblade
Atlasblade
Townie
Atlasblade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:53 pm

Post by Atlasblade »

Naio wrote:
Your actions seems scummy.

You started being pretty quiet and non-agressive. Now that cop is gone, you seem more agressive like you're trying to push the game along.

(This one's explainable:
The reason being was because I really did have nothing much to say in the beginning. I was trying pretty hard to find anything besides gut instinct to be certain of whether or not people were leaning towards town or scum. As you might know, determining that sort of thing outside of gut instinct is not exactly my forte. Which was why I was fairly hesitant on saying much in the beginning considering I didn't have much to say at all that was relevant and I was also afraid of my reads being wrong at the time [which some were actually] Also I was pretty busy with class in the beginning of the game as well. It wasn't exactly because the cop was gone. But I guess it happens to everyone who plays so..
)

You've had almost as many posts today, as you've had in the past 3 weeks.

(
True, but like I said. I really didn't exactly find much to talk about because I was sort of at a loss in the beginning. I suppose it happens to everyone though. I'm more active now besides it being practically the end game right now, and I think it's a bit easier for me to get my thoughts out at this time. Also school's being fairly lenient as well.
).

Also, is this an alt account? You seem to know a good number of acronyms and playstyles for playing 1 game in 2012 and this being your 2nd game.
(
No, This is my main account. I just read the wiki a few times so I picked up a few phrases lol. At the moment I'm trying to get back into the game by starting from scratch pretty much.
)
Naio wrote:
question for each player remaining

As i am the only confirmed town this is likely my last day, so before the day ends i'll give all my reads, but until then i'd like everyone to respond to the following 2 questions:

Brief answers are fine (2-3 sentences each) but please put some thought into it. I want to have some structure around this day rather than the clusterf&$% that was yesterday.
1. Pro town wise, I guess posting my thoughts (although seldom) and voting (although I didn't vote on the 2nd day unfortunately.

2. Some of the "pro-scum" or anti - town things would be that I didn't post enough or I probably lurked too much to be town. But even then neither of those really flat out point to people's alignment considering if you take into account different playstyles of different people and what not.
Naio
Naio
Goon
Naio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:24 pm

Post by Naio »

In post 24, Peabody wrote:
Note to self (and all listening): if Splash flips scum, watch scot.
Reading through old posts, peabody can you explain why you said that back in post 24 (if you remember)?

Thanks.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:44 pm

Post by Peabody »

Everything I do to find scum I consider pro-town. I think my serious vote at the beginning of the game was protown by generating discussion. Additionally, I backed off of a Naio lynch because I saw a soft claim. I didn't want Smudger to claim any further than he had at that point. I also didn't put Smudger to L-1 in fear of a quick lynch.

I don't think I've done anything "pro-scum". This term is weird. I prefer "anti-town". My most anti-town move was probably voting TAM, but I honestly thought TAM was scum at the time. That's how you play the game. You vote who you think is scum.

I said post 24 because as soon as I commented on something on Splash's answer to TAM's question, Scot automatically assumed it was an attack on Splash. You can see that I caught on to that by questioning why Scot thought it was an accusation. I never directly attacked Splash in that post. I saw Scot's assumption as a possible attempt to protect Splash by attacking me.

I still think this is a possibility but it was only a hunch back then. I need to read through the thread again to get a clear scumspect. I need to reevaluate my read on Slimer, check into Scot's interactions with Splash, and try to understand if Atlas's strange way of posting is alignment indicative.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:44 am

Post by theslimer3 »

Protown:
I suppose I've been the careful one. I knew that if we lynched TAM and he flipped town, it'd be down hill from there, so I was trying to get everything a bit more organized for the next day. Not to mention, I've been pulling my own, pointing out some stuff that looked odd (even if it was in a sarcastic motion)

Anti:
I can't say that I've been the most helpful townie, considering I pretty much tried to lynch the cop and what the cop claimed to be town. Tunneling for me is a completely different story from others, seeing as how in my earlier meta, every time I gave up my reads on someone, they ended up being scum. So I've pretty much made it a creed to become more aggressive in that area, which of course, is quite harmful.
I also don't post as much as I should. I think.

But all-in-all, I request we take this day slowly and not quickhammer. Even though you're the only confirmed town, that doesn't make you the night kill. In fact in lylo, they might leave you alive just because they know you'll make the wrong decision.

Stop it.
Last edited by Maestro on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:15 am

Post by Peabody »

I would not like a lynch to occur until I can reread the thread with the questions I posed in mind. I have been busy but I'll try to work on it soon enough.
Naio
Naio
Goon
Naio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:35 am

Post by Naio »

Scot could you please answer the question as well?

And i'm also against a quick-lynch. i want this to take as much of the remaining days as possible.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:41 am

Post by Maestro »

Votecount 3.02 - Wednesday, November 20th @ 12:41 PM EST

scotpgot -
[L-3]

Atlasblade -
[L-2]
Naio
Naio -
[L-3]

Peabody -
[L-3]

theslimer3 -
[L-2]
Atlasblade

With
[5]
alive it takes
[3]
to Lynch or No Lynch.

Not Voting:
scotpgot, Peabody, theslimer3
Deadline is in ... (expired on 2013-12-02 04:22:00)
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:53 pm

Post by Peabody »

Uh, hello?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:19 pm

Post by Peabody »

Sorry, I couldn't pay as much attention to this thread as I should. I will definitely be able to post on Saturday, but after reviewing the thread, my top scum read is on Scot. It's mainly based on the splash/chainsaw defense and on the fact that scot had to wait for someone to 'confirm' his vote on TAM yesterday.

vote Scotpgot

I hope to post more this weekend.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:24 am

Post by Peabody »

Can we get a prod on... um... everyone?
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:13 am

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 336, theslimer3 wrote:
Stop it.
<3

@peabody: Memberprod?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:32 am

Post by Maestro »

Votecount 3.03 - Friday, November 22nd @ 1:34 PM EST

scotpgot -
[L-2]
Peabody
Atlasblade -
[L-2]
Naio
Naio -
[L-3]

Peabody -
[L-3]

theslimer3 -
[L-2]
Atlasblade

With
[5]
alive it takes
[3]
to Lynch or No Lynch.

Prodding scotpgot, Atlasblade, and Naio.

Not Voting:
scotpgot, theslimer3
Deadline is in ... (expired on 2013-12-02 04:22:00)
Naio
Naio
Goon
Naio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:43 am

Post by Naio »

Prod? I've only been idle a day :)

I've asked my question, waiting on scot to respond to it. then i'm going to give everyone my reads and we'll go from there.
Atlasblade
Atlasblade
Townie
Atlasblade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:54 am

Post by Atlasblade »

In post 341, Peabody wrote:Sorry, I couldn't pay as much attention to this thread as I should. I will definitely be able to post on Saturday, but after reviewing the thread, my top scum read is on Scot.
It's mainly based on the splash/chainsaw defense and on the fact that scot had to wait for someone to 'confirm' his vote on TAM yesterday.

vote Scotpgot

I hope to post more this weekend.
I hope u don't mind me asking, but could you elaborate on this part?
scotpgot
scotpgot
Townie
scotpgot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:43 pm

Post by scotpgot »

In post 332, Naio wrote: 1) What pro-town things have you done/said so far
Well, this kind of feels like doing your job for you, but...

1) Voted Splash the first day. Kept with it. Think I came up with a good accusatory post, particularly with the "newbs vs. vets" post, that I never really liked. Past that, I'd have to review, and honestly don't feel like going back through my *own* ISO.

2) I haven't done anything "pro-scum". I feel badly about TAM, but what's done is done, and that's how the game is played. I never could make sense of that aphix night-kill, and always thought it would be something a vet would do to try and confuse things. PLUS, his comment about him feeling the aphix kill "cleared him" never made sense to me. Obviously the other thing I did, which was a clear mistake, was the role-baiting that occurred the first day. That was just a plain, dumb, newb mistake.

Which brings me to Peabody's concern. The TAM vote and the role-baiting post has made me shy about bringing anything (and everything) up. I kind of feel safer if a feeling as confirmed first. No, it's not the BEST gameplay because I'm not bringing new info. to the table with each and every post. But at the same time, I don't see it as scummy either. Just more careful.

Still confused as shit as to who the last scum might be. Was hoping to read more today and then the thread died in the last 24 hours and I got distracted.
Naio
Naio
Goon
Naio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:59 pm

Post by Naio »

UNVOTE: atlasblade
note: the unvote is NOT because i think atlasblade is less scummy, it's because i want to prevent a quick lynch if i'm not paying close enough attention.

In alphabetical order:

Atlasblade
Small lean scum, except he did vote for splash D1. that could be attributed to the fact that everyone was on top of him, though and he was just bandwagoning. he could just be a newbie town because he has been lurking quite a bit

Peabody
Medium lean town. Called out splash very early in the game. scummy things (if you care to explain them) is that he was having a bit of a spat with aphix, but thats weak at a minimum.

scotpgot
medium lean scum. defended splash at the beginning of the game.

slimer
Medium lean scum. dont like many things about his playstyle, or that he made smudger hard claim. seems to sling accusations which i've gone into expansive details in previous posts.

so peabody, i guess this puts you in my town circle. i'm happy with a vote on slimer or scot at this point. thoughts?
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:01 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

If i'm not mistaken, the only thing you have on me about being scum is that i'm a difficult player.
Right?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”