Open 536: Faith Plus One Game Over! Mafia Win!

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:47 am

Post by T S O »

If Grimgroove dies then both healers should then claim to prevent scum getting through free.

I don't think a Healer should claim today. I'm pretty sure that clever Town play will mean they don't have to.
N64Lord
N64Lord
Goon
N64Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:50 am

Post by N64Lord »

With no claim there's a larger chance of them both targeting Grim, and less safetey net in case of a faked counterclaim to Grimgroove's cop role.
But it's no fun for me unless I share it. You are my captive audience. Be shared upon now!
Are you saying that paying 50 cents to Valve suddenly makes you impervious to changes in opinion?
If you don't, then everything is your fault. Everything. Except good things.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:53 am

Post by Guyett »

how about saying if you are a healer in the playerlist above grim protect him and if you're below him don't? both might be above or below though but its a chance to get protection on grim without outing another PR
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:53 am

Post by T S O »

Scum fakeclaiming anything in this set-up is a very bad idea for them.
N64Lord
N64Lord
Goon
N64Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:59 am

Post by N64Lord »

Lets get back to the thread and see if anybody (besides GG pat on the back) can comment on Pashendale's Helium read.
But it's no fun for me unless I share it. You are my captive audience. Be shared upon now!
Are you saying that paying 50 cents to Valve suddenly makes you impervious to changes in opinion?
Blueberry
Blueberry
Mafia Scum
Blueberry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:00 am

Post by Blueberry »

In post 962, shos wrote: questions, you know, a part of scumhunting? that thing that you're not doing
ikr
In post 962, shos wrote: You voted me(gettin popular lately) with no explanations, again; that no time is really becoming tedious.
that 102 was nt scummy, that does not make you town. the part that does make you town is that, despite the fact that it was not scummy, many people jumped the chance to vote you for it, meaning that I think scum tried to lead your lynch. in the future, with a flip and a tad more info and time to research, looking at your voters should imo bring at least one scum. looking into taylor's L-1 wagon can yield probably 2. anyone who was on both - might be votable.
That doesn't even make sense
Blueberry
Blueberry
Mafia Scum
Blueberry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:07 am

Post by Blueberry »

In post 968, shos wrote:what does that even mean.? If you are referring to the BB townread, it is not the fact that he was wagoned; it was the fact that the basis for the votes was wrong, and the fact that they piled up very quickly.
Yeah, because town never make votes with wrong reasonings and would never quickwagon anyone, totes.
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:27 am

Post by helium-3 »

In post 971, Grimgroove wrote:I am madly in love with Paschendale's read on Helium. He brought under words what I couldn't.
Read it!
I accept your apology.

I sincerely hope that when we are dead or you are dead or postgame or whenever you find out what our alignment is you will come back to this game and learn all about what a hard reset is. a hard reset is something I was in the process of doing before you outed. after you outed, we obviously had to. a hard reset is what you ought to be doing right now.

a postgame excercise that I sometimes do is go back and look through my old games, iso a person I was convinced was scum but wasn't and look at their posts from a town POV and a scum POV and see where I erred in my thinking. I think this would be a good game to do that with and groovy kid I strongly suggest you do this too.

scum to me looks like obscurity, that lord thing and either guyett or taylor, leaning more heavily on guy. I think what I am going to start doing in all my scum games is make 4 posts in 40 pages, provide no reads and no content so that every1 will think I am town.
N64Lord
N64Lord
Goon
N64Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:47 am

Post by N64Lord »

@Helium

Weren't you holding that it was the right thing to do in debating with him because of his Unfamiar town play? Wouldn't a hard reset be loaded on account of starting with him already claimed? It reads that you would naturally still attack his posts if it wasn't for the claim.
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:57 am

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

@everyone
On the topic of FH's, whoever is
below
GG on the playerlist should heal him, and whoever is above him on the playerlist shouldn't.

Now let's just hope he gets a piece of the healing, but not the whole slice.
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:01 am

Post by Guyett »

In post 984, pieceofpecanpie wrote:
@everyone
below
GG on the playerlist should heal him, and whoever is above him on the playerlist shouldn't.

In post 977, Guyett wrote:how about saying if you are a healer in the playerlist above grim protect him and if you're below him don't? both might be above or below though but its a chance to get protection on grim without outing another PR
....same difference
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:02 am

...there is a difference

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:03 am

Post by shos »

@everyone
below

dat was my plan, dammit.

@GG: I dun remember, really. what I do remember is many people talking about how scummy that post was.

it wasn't.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:06 am

Post by shos »

In post 860, shos wrote:in order to increase our chances, if we divide the town to groups of 6 that's the highest chance that we have to separate them. so let's do it that way, since GG is in the middle of the playerlist on p1, if you are a FH and above his name, target him, and if under, target someone else. *crosses fingers*
In post 977, Guyett wrote:how about saying if you are a healer in the playerlist above grim protect him and if you're below him don't? both might be above or below though but its a chance to get protection on grim without outing another PR
@everyone
below

see, I'm just being ignored

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:08 am

Post by shos »

In post 891, shos wrote:the odds for FHs to be ont he same side are 45%, and that is without knowing my own role.
also relevant.

if anyone wants to know how I calculated this, well, the number of options of having both in 6 is 6!/4!/2! and there's two groups so that's 6*5=30. total number of options is 12!/10!/2! which makes 66. 30/66=45%

Taylor
Taylor
Goon
Taylor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:11 am

Post by Taylor »

And what if both are above or both are below him, then what?

E
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:24 am

Post by Guyett »

its wifom for scum...
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:43 am

In post 988, shos wrote:
see, I'm just being ignored[/quote]
Piffle, pieceofpecanpie"]

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:44 am

EBWOP
In post 988, shos wrote:see, I'm just being ignored
Piffle

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:04 am

Post by shos »

scum will probably shoot GG anyway. if they are both above or under, then he will 100% die and not 50%. btu at least the FHs will still be undercover.

Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:06 am

Post by Grimgroove »

You still didn't comment on Plan C.
Your plan is bad, your statistics are all fine and dandy but I'll give you a statistic: it relies 100% on luck.

Plan C doesn't.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
N64Lord
N64Lord
Goon
N64Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:16 am

Post by N64Lord »

In plan C the scum are given a choice between faking or letting you get a result off(with 50% of us losing a healer) but with the added benefit of you having a marginally pool of townies to inspect from+ associative tells from attempts to revitalize some older wagons. Or they could risk the hax and we'd never know if they targeted claimed healer or yourself. The insurance against a fakeclaim will probbably be enough less because its through but more because scum won't be ready to volunteer a member d1 since they haven't gotten time to discuss.

It's nice to have, though in a worst case scenario, 1. Real FH claims. 2. Grimgrove is killed through 50% and flips cop.3. Two more FH claims. 4. D1 claim mislynched. 5. town has no tells to which FH is scum....

So I'm fine with not coaching them and letting them protect who they want, the double protect could happen, but lets not pretend like the playerbase isn't divided on your claim, some players wouldn't protect you as FH even if they thought the other wouldn't.
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:50 am

In post 995, Grimgroove wrote:You still didn't comment on Plan C.
Your plan is bad, your statistics are all fine and dandy but I'll give you a statistic: it relies 100% on luck.

Plan C doesn't.
Start praying then.

Seconded on N64.

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:55 am

Post by helium-3 »

In post 983, N64Lord wrote:@Helium

Weren't you holding that it was the right thing to do in debating with him because of his Unfamiar town play? Wouldn't a hard reset be loaded on account of starting with him already claimed? It reads that you would naturally still attack his posts if it wasn't for the claim.
except that isn't what happened. I was in the process of doing a hard reset prior to his claim.
N64Lord
N64Lord
Goon
N64Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:20 am

Post by N64Lord »

In post 769, helium-3 wrote:OK, so everyone who's actually looked at grimgroove's meta agrees that it matches his scum meta and/or is distinctly different from his town meta.

Why are there only 2 votes for the groovy kid at this point?
This is your last post before the claim. You were not changing your reads on him leading up to it as far as I can tell from your ISO.

Return to “Completed Open Games”