Open 536: Faith Plus One Game Over! Mafia Win!

sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:26 pm

Post by sthar8 »

And that's why we replace lurkers :D

Majiffy, are you town?
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:31 pm

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

In post 1125, sthar8 wrote:Majiffy, are you town?
:facepalm:
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:40 pm

Post by Majiffy »

46 pages?

How long do I have to put off reading before the thread is locked and you can't hassle me anymore?
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:42 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Oh, 3 days. Yeah that shouldn't be an issue.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:42 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1126, pieceofpecanpie wrote:
In post 1125, sthar8 wrote:Majiffy, are you town?
:facepalm:
Obviously never played with majiffy before.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:43 pm

Post by Majiffy »

I'll read this "later".

||
bubbajack8
bubbajack8
Mafia Scum
bubbajack8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:48 pm

Post by bubbajack8 »

Someone says things like weedle weedle, and patchity patch patch. Guyett points the gun at himself, but quickly reaims it back at shos. "In advertising not to be different is virtually suicidal." -William Bernbach

Vote Count 0.16
Taylor (2)
: Paschendale, N64Lord
Shos (3)
: Blueberry, sthar8, Guyett
Guyett (4)
: T S O, Shos, Grimgroove, pieceofpecanpie
Paschendale (1)
: Taylor
Obscurity (1)
: helium-3
Blueberry (1)
: XScorpion
Not Voting (1)
: Majiffy
With 13 alive it's 7 to lynch.
Deadline is in (expired on 2013-11-29 15:18:00)
Show
Come bet on the Copa del Rey!
MY GTKAS

Modded Games:
Open 558: Hope Plus One In Confirmation!
Crack the Code!
Open 536: Scum win.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:11 pm

Post by XScorpion »

My thoughts:

I don't like the overreaction from helium to pasch's post. Seems unnecessary and I really really don't like the "you are a complete and total fucking idiot if you think that is the best post in the game." This is helium working way too hard to get people to not vote for/suspect them.
I like my blueberry vote and am not sure what makes anyone think he is town.
Don't like Taylor defending helium, but I do like attention being brought to the fact that pecan is actively lurking.
I have a feeling that 1 of Pasch or Helium is scum but I am not sure which. If pasch is scum that doesn't really help me identify his partners, but I am pretty confident taylor and helium are on the same team.
Huge scumpoints for shos trying to get obscurity lynched using obscurity's last post. Pasch's post isn't the best post in the game, but 1067 could be one of the worst.

Looking at the two wagons, I am not opposed to lynching either one, although I'd prefer the shos lynch. Since we're getting close to deadline, I will go back to VOTE: shos even though I dislike being on the same wagon as Blueberry. Very interested to hear thoughts about the two wagons from everyone who is not on them (Pasch, N64, Taylor, Helium, Majiffy).
Also Majiffy I would really like it a lot if you gave as much content as you could before the lynch because no one has any idea about the alignment of that slot and if they say they do they are wrong.

Also my connection to mafiascum.net has been really sketchy lately so I apologize if I am slow with posting or don't get a chance to communicate effectively. I'll try to respond to anyone who has questions for me as soon as possible though.
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:22 pm

Post by helium-3 »

In post 1132, XScorpion wrote:I don't like the overreaction from helium to pasch's post. Seems unnecessary and I really really don't like the "you are a complete and total fucking idiot if you think that is the best post in the game." This is helium working way too hard to get people to not vote for/suspect them.
Here, let me save you some effort, scorp.

"Antihero and mollie are scum. I've determined this and I'm dead set on it no matter what they say or what they do or what anyone else tells me about them. And this latest thing that I'm quoting is scum motivated. Period."

Just post this in every post you mention us, and we'll be good for the rest of the game.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:27 pm

Post by shos »

Why do everyone misrep me so hard

Will respond from home at evening
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:34 pm

Post by helium-3 »

In post 1132, XScorpion wrote:Also Majiffy I would really like it a lot if you gave as much content as you could before the lynch because no one has any idea about the alignment of that slot and if they say they do they are wrong.
lol, this coming from someone heaping the "scumpoints" on anyone who even gives the obscurity slot a funny look

You know, scorp, I've been holding my tongue, but I'm getting fed up with you scumreading us regardless of what we do, turning mollie's playstyle into a scumtell, and chainsawing everyone attacking the obscurity slot
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:42 pm

Post by XScorpion »

@Helium: If I was dead set on it, I'd have voted you by now. I still don't see why you are being so antagonistic. There isn't a need to flip out whenever someone suggests they think you are scum, and insulting people for thinking so is hardly helpful and only serves to further convince them you are suspicious. I see where you are trying to come from with your voting/scumhunting strategy but it's really unhelpful to the rest of us how your thoughts are unclear at times. It's also hard to get a read on you when no one is pressuring you ;)

p-edit:
In post 1135, helium-3 wrote:
In post 1132, XScorpion wrote:Also Majiffy I would really like it a lot if you gave as much content as you could before the lynch because no one has any idea about the alignment of that slot and if they say they do they are wrong.
lol, this coming from someone heaping the "scumpoints" on
anyone who even gives the obscurity slot a funny look

You know, scorp, I've been holding my tongue, but I'm getting fed up with you scumreading us regardless of what we do, turning mollie's playstyle into a scumtell, and
chainsawing everyone attacking the obscurity slot
The fuck are you talking about? Literally shos is the only person I've accused of that, and only after Obscurity replaced out. I WAS TALKING ABOUT VOTING OBSCURITY MYSELF JUST A FEW PAGES AGO!
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:44 pm

Post by helium-3 »

In post 1136, XScorpion wrote:There isn't a need to flip out whenever someone suggests they think you are scum
...this seems familiar (grim groove at the beginning of this game?)...

...nah...
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:46 pm

Post by helium-3 »

In post 1136, XScorpion wrote:The fuck are you talking about? Literally shos is the only person I've accused of that, and only after Obscurity replaced out. I WAS TALKING ABOUT VOTING OBSCURITY MYSELF JUST A FEW PAGES AGO!
i guess i projected pasch and grim's attitude onto you. oh well.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:50 pm

Post by XScorpion »

In post 1137, helium-3 wrote:
In post 1136, XScorpion wrote:There isn't a need to flip out whenever someone suggests they think you are scum

...nah...
You aren't wrong. I never said I approved of GG's play, I just don't think he's scum. Maybe you aren't either, heck, I can think of several players (shos, Blueberry, pecan) who I think are more likely scum than you. I'm just not 100% convinced you're town.
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:51 pm

Post by helium-3 »

and at the risk of a bare-knuckle brawl with majiffy, i'm still pretty sure obscurity is a scum slot

people think that you need a certain amount of "content" to read someone, but those people are wrong
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:52 pm

Post by XScorpion »

In post 1140, helium-3 wrote:and at the risk of a bare-knuckle brawl with majiffy, i'm still pretty sure obscurity is a scum slot

people think that you need a certain amount of "content" to read someone, but those people are wrong
Why are you sure?
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:53 pm

Post by helium-3 »

In post 1139, XScorpion wrote:You aren't wrong. I never said I approved of GG's play, I just don't think he's scum. Maybe you aren't either, heck, I can think of several players (shos, Blueberry, pecan) who I think are more likely scum than you. I'm just not 100% convinced you're town.
I CAN'T LIVE WITH THAT

YOU MUST LOVE ME

I DEMAND ACCEPTANCE
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:54 pm

Post by helium-3 »

in all seriousness, fine

but if you try to make mollie's cursing into a scumtell, i
will
yell at you ;)
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:55 pm

Post by XScorpion »

I accept your terms.
But I really want to know how you are so sure obscurity is scum and not just a really useless town player with such little information to go on?
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:03 pm

Post by helium-3 »

In post 1141, XScorpion wrote:
In post 1140, helium-3 wrote:and at the risk of a bare-knuckle brawl with majiffy, i'm still pretty sure obscurity is a scum slot

Why are you sure?
sooooo much gut, and i can't believe no one else is admitting to it

/ugh... I'll try to explain it

ok, well I already kind of did. he never attempted to give opinions on the game as a whole, but opted to quote something random mollie said and give a smart-assey one liner about hydra hate.

and then once we all threw him in the hot seat about force-replacement he didn't act embarrassed or sorry about it at all (scum or town could do this). He went into eric cartman mode and told everyone to go fuck themselves. this makes sense from a scum perspective (we forced him out of what he perceived as his optimal strategy). doesn't make very much sense from a town perspective (unless he's really is as much of a jerk as eric cartman, in which case, I guess all of it's null; but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt that way ;) )
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:16 pm

Post by helium-3 »

In post 1144, XScorpion wrote:I accept your terms.
But I really want to know how you are so sure obscurity is scum and not just a really useless town player with such little information to go on?
but see, if he were a useless town player, then i would expect just blatant prod-dodges with promises for more content later; i wouldn't expect the random swipe at mollie and the specific commenting on sthar's "plan" (both of which, along with the promptness of his "fuck you" post, show that he's monitoring the thread).

I certainly wouldn't expect him to go into full blown rage mode when we asked for a replacement.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:29 pm

Post by XScorpion »

That makes sense, although like you say, he could just be 'as much of a jerk as eric cartman' which is a possibility considering no one else plays like he did ('actively' lurking, i.e. prod dodging only).

At the moment, you couldn't possibly convince me to vote out that slot right now without hearing from Majiffy. If he turns out to be paragon of scumhunting then I'm willing to believe Obscurity is just a really bad player. I would not be surprised at all if the slot is scum and I totally would have lynched him if he didn't replace out but I still think shos is scummy for immediately jumping on him before Majiffy came in. That said, I will be watching Majiffy very closely and the same 'lots of content or I will be happy to lynch you' ultimatum I gave Obscurity still applies here.
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:40 pm

Post by helium-3 »

hi majiffy!
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:38 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 1137, helium-3 wrote:

...nah...
In post 1138, helium-3 wrote:
In post 1136, XScorpion wrote:The fuck are you talking about? Literally shos is the only person I've accused of that, and only after Obscurity replaced out. I WAS TALKING ABOUT VOTING OBSCURITY MYSELF JUST A FEW PAGES AGO!
i guess i projected pasch and grim's attitude onto you. oh well.
Please stop this.

Talking about gut, it's stuff like the above that really sets mine off. My intestines are on to helium, they're not very happy that I'm ignoring them, but the heart (our past) and the brain (they're not an achievable lynch for today) tell me to.

I'm almost certainly dead tomorrow but do remember this: helium is extremely likely to be scum. I think the best way to find out is to interact with them directly, especially if you have experience with their heads. I think it's hard to miss.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier

Return to “Completed Open Games”