Goon
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:22 am

Post by Yiley »

Even if you are unconfident in your reads you still lynch or try to lynch them to see if you are right.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:42 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Spoiler: emogirl's post
In post 189, emogirl123 wrote:
In post 181, Alduskkel wrote:I don't know how you concluded that my Jake vote is only a "prod" on him.
Sorry, I was mistaken. Now that you mention your vote was not a prod, your reasoning make your posts inconsistent. Whether or not you think this is a good reason, it is for sure not
useless
. In fact, his case for Hopkirk kept escalating, and the only response you have for it was stating that Jake's case
doesn't work for you
. Keeping in mind that you are still voting for Jake, his new posts should have been mentioned with more detail. Especially since Hopkirk had a wagon with various reasons. This makes you appear to be throwing out votes without contributing much content for town. Wouldn't you consider this as
active lurking
? Which is a scum read according to you.

Your wording
I don't really understand what you're saying here.
I read as aggressive. Your previous post explains how it wasn't. This is all I'm going to say about that.
In post 181, Alduskkel wrote:Thanks for telling all the scum that. Now they know exactly how to fool you.
How do you know that's not exactly what I want scum to believe? In fact, it's not too predict that reaction, as you probably only took 10 seconds to formulate that conclusion when you read my sentence and believed it. How do you know I didn't put thought into it when I posted? How do you know if I'm lying my teeth off right now trying to appear as a high and mighty douche bag? It's a mystery.
I'd like to see some evidence for how Jake's case on Hopkirk "kept escalating." Additionally, I did not "only" say that his case didn't work for me, given that you are ignoring the sentence that came directly after it.

And no, I'm not active lurking. Nice try though. I'm not going to quote every post where I've written content to prove you wrong, though.

As for the second part of the post -- so you're either lying as some "clever ploy" (in which case your initial attack on me makes no sense) or you're an idiot. Honestly, this just seems like being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative, because your responses are more rhetorical than anything else.

@Slandaar: Why are you so town? Also why is JKLM scum?
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:04 am

Post by emogirl123 »

Take my word for it that Jake "escalated" his vote on Hopkirk with more posts. Between your vote on him at 57, up until you made your 133 post, he has made multiple posts that "don't work for you". Your reason to vote him was that he "is kind of useless". Things changed, yet you failed to acknowledge this, leading me to believe you are throwing votes out for the sake of throwing out votes. Hence "active lurking".

All of your votes so far have been empty or RVS. And when given the opportunity to develop more on Jake, whom you voted, the only input you had was "Personally I thought it was funny to respond to such a stupid argument in such a serious manner.". So tell me, what have you done that isn't considered "active lurking".
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:09 am

Post by emogirl123 »

In post 201, Alduskkel wrote:Honestly, this just seems like being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative, because your responses are more rhetorical than anything else.
I word things in an awkward way. Should have probably said, of course I am aware of this. That's why I will adapt my play-style accordingly to compensate for what you said. I defend myself when another player questions my competence to play the game.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:49 am

Post by greygnarl »

In post 200, Yiley wrote:Even if you are unconfident in your reads you still lynch or try to lynch them to see if you are right.
Except it's early day 1, so no one is getting lynched yet, and I want to pressure other people to develop reads on them.
SonOfZeus
SonOfZeus
Townie
SonOfZeus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:14 pm

Post by SonOfZeus »

@Grey it was confident enough for you to post, and yet when asked about them you gave no reasoning, said absolutely nothing about it. In fact, you completely dodged Yiley's question. I fail to see the pressure you've put on anyone.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:48 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

I'm confused. What are we talking about regarding gray. I just iso'd him and am confused
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:54 pm

Post by greygnarl »

I said him and Hopkirk were a scumteam while I was voting Hopkirk and he asked me why and I don't want to answer that cuz I don't want to give him any ideas and so him and perseus jumped down my throat.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:55 pm

Post by greygnarl »

In post 205, SonOfZeus wrote:@Grey it was confident enough for you to post, and yet when asked about them you gave no reasoning, said absolutely nothing about it. In fact, you completely dodged Yiley's question. I fail to see the pressure you've put on anyone.
I'm voting Duck and he responded to my points and then I responded to his and now he's talked more and I can develop more of a read on him. That's what my pressure is designed to do at this point.
Yiley
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:45 pm

Post by Yiley »

I want an answer here. Or do you even have a reason gray? Are you just randomly saying That to make some action or something? Reaction test? Spill it.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:13 pm

Post by greygnarl »

In post 209, Yiley wrote:I want an answer here. Or do you even have a reason gray? Are you just randomly saying That to make some action or something? Reaction test? Spill it.
As scum it's usually a bad idea to freak out when people say you're scum.
Yiley
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:22 pm

Post by Yiley »

Trust me you haven't seen me freak out yet. This is me just slightly frustrated. Do you want to see me freak out?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:04 am

Post by Slandaar »

Jay Kay El Em guys.

@Hopsy: Still in the game?
@Peregrineeeeeeeee: What's cooking?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:09 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 201, Alduskkel wrote: @Slandaar: Why are you so town? Also why is JKLM scum?
Really?

I own a town pm. JKLM owns a scum pm.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:40 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 88, iamausername wrote: could you explain why, in Newbie 1411, you didn't make a random vote, if random voting is the only possible way to start scumhunting? could you explain why you didn't vote for Nobody Special in that game when he pointedly refused to make a random vote in much the same way as emogirl did here?
Hopkirk, you never answered the second question here, and it's kind of the more important one. there is a huge inconsistency in your reactions to someone refusing to participate in random voting between that game and this one, why?

Alduskkel, what is your opinion on emogirl's alignment?

Slandaar, stop being wilfully obtuse. how did you reach the conclusion that JKLM received a scum pm?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
The-Duck
The-Duck
Goon
The-Duck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:19 am

Post by The-Duck »

In post 208, greygnarl wrote:
In post 205, SonOfZeus wrote:@Grey it was confident enough for you to post, and yet when asked about them you gave no reasoning, said absolutely nothing about it. In fact, you completely dodged Yiley's question. I fail to see the pressure you've put on anyone.
I'm voting Duck and he responded to my points and then I responded to his and now he's talked more and I can develop more of a read on him. That's what my pressure is designed to do at this point.
I thought votes =/= pressure?
I still strongly believe your case against me is baseless, you argue against points I didn't make and you misrepresent reality.
Also I don't think it's likely that a townie would defend another townie that hard, so that adds to my scumread.
My only problem is, I know I'm town, and therefore am more likely to see things as obviously wrong when they concern my motives/actions.
So I'd love it to get some more people to give their thoughts on this situation.

On the Alduskkel case by Emo, I read some ISO's from ald in other games. from what i gathered, as town he's forcing people to take stances on people quite aggressively, but as scum he just defends himself. I've yet to see him force someone to take a stance on anything.
Plus I like Emo's presumption about scum trying to maintain neutrality, and the evidence she presented of Ald doing just that.

I'm fine with a lynch of either one of Grey or Ald
UNVOTE: Emogirl123
VOTE: GreyGnarl
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:29 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 214, iamausername wrote:how did you reach the conclusion that JKLM received a scum pm?
His first post is terrible he didn't try to get involved, the second post contains a complete lie. If you are catching up you read the thread you don't go and post elsewhere on the site.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:03 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 214, iamausername wrote:
In post 88, iamausername wrote: could you explain why, in Newbie 1411, you didn't make a random vote, if random voting is the only possible way to start scumhunting? could you explain why you didn't vote for Nobody Special in that game when he pointedly refused to make a random vote in much the same way as emogirl did here?
Hopkirk, you never answered the second question here, and it's kind of the more important one. there is a huge inconsistency in your reactions to someone refusing to participate in random voting between that game and this one, why?

Alduskkel, what is your opinion on emogirl's alignment?

Slandaar, stop being wilfully obtuse. how did you reach the conclusion that JKLM received a scum pm?
"@I am a user name: Firstly 1411: Rqs also generates stuff. Obviously there are other ways to scum hunt but saying “two posts don’t sound the same as the rest/why” aren’t the best things to get stuff moving."
See my post a couple after his question for where this comes from.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:07 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

I'll get back into this tomorrow

Happy Thanksgiving
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Yiley
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:35 am

Post by Yiley »

I give thanks for mafia
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:12 am

Post by JKLM »

v/lA until Saturday

Thanksgiving is busy, that should have started two days ago.

I like this game a lot.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:53 am

Post by Alduskkel »

zzz. This emogirl argument is annoying.

@The-Duck: My play here is like this because I'm currently lacking strong scumreads. I can't remember the last game where this happened, but I will point out that I think it's wrong to say that this matches my scum meta: in Open 521 I was pushing players too.
@iamausername: Haven't figured her alignment out yet. She's wrong, but I don't know if she's scummy for being wrong.

@emogirl: His case doesn't work for me. And a lot of his posts are kind of fluffy. Also, I'd rather not unvote without having somewhere to put it instead.

What posts aren't active lurking?
Well, these posts strike me as the ones with at least some significant content: 14, 36, 57, 62, 76, 133, 181, 201.
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:01 am

Post by emogirl123 »

In post 221, Alduskkel wrote:What posts aren't active lurking?
Well, these posts strike me as the ones with at least some significant content: 14, 36, 57, 62, 76, 133, 181, 201.
Then we have different opinions of what is and isn't active lurking. I'm done with this case. Feel free to start contributing to the game.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:04 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Shouldn't you be trying to convince other people that I'm scum if you believe your case?

Trying to convince me that I'm scum is never going to work, for obvious reasons.
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:06 am

Post by emogirl123 »

I don't need to convince anyone of anything. They are capable of reading the thread can't they? I'm not here to spoon feed everyone.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”