Mini 1520: Neighborhood Mafia - Game over!

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:06 pm

Post by notscience »

Where's the policy vote for me DGB?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:15 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

vote: notscience

I am not going to vote anyone else today so deal with it
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:17 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Vote Landmind for great justice. And also because their posts are super annoying to read and are excessively wordy in a way that's worse than an unedited Mastin post.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:10 pm

Post by PrivateI »

All right, so this is fun.

VOTE: Jake from State Farm

Because of the lols.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:17 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Vote Alduskkel

Too much tunneling too fast. Even jokingly, it's scumy.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:18 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Why?
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:22 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

RVS is a dumb phase. People can get away with whatever, because rvs. No. There are still scumtells. Tunneling definitely still applies. You are focusing on one person and it's easy to then distance yourself from them, because it was a joke, or continue with your vote, without having to use much public reasoning, on them. Tunneling is scummy, even in RVS.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:39 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

So I'm focusing on Landmind -- what makes that different from anyone else focusing on one person? In other words, what makes what I'm doing tunneling?

Is tunneling scummy or just anti-town? Because townies are known to tunnel.
goodnight
goodnight
Townie
goodnight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:54 pm

Post by goodnight »

In post 42, DrippingGoofball wrote:The awkwardness and discomfort is so thick you need a chainsaw to cut through it.
To be honest, Landmind is quite discomforting.

@Landmind: This game is a completely open setup, which means you know just as much about it as I do. If you want clarification, ask the mod, not me, as he made the final decisions. All private insight I have on the game is purely based on its development, and I will not get into that until the postgame. I took all precautions when signing up for this game and made sure that I would not have an advantage over anyone else in regard to setup knowledge. If this game was not completely open, I would have never signed up. Trust me, I take this very seriously. So you can take your subtle assertions and shove them, because I don't take accusations of cheating lightly, even if it's done jokingly.
In post 56, MafiaSSK wrote:Tunneling is scummy, even in RVS.
Tunneling is a null action. Besides, I believe Ald is right. Landmind is making it a point to hit below the belt, and I don't see that coming from town.

-Night
Hydra of goodmorning and Bulbazak.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:37 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 54, MafiaSSK wrote:
Vote Alduskkel

And you refuse to point out Jake on ns from the previous post, why?
VOTE: MafiaSSK
1baldeagle1
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:51 am

Post by 1baldeagle1 »

You guys should sheep my vote on DGB.
You can find my meta on my wiki.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:03 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 50, notscience wrote:Where's the policy vote for me DGB?
Yeah you're town.

Please try to read AND pay attention to the details and don't vig my town reads.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:05 am

In post 59, DrDolittle wrote:
Vote Alduskkel

Jake is policy-voting, obv.

MafiaSSK is town.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:06 am

Also Aldusskel is scum.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:12 am

And for sure Landmind is annoying to read.

It reminds me of a game where I was scum, and one team member was the weak-looking, lurkish player that was going to carry the scum team to end game.

I gave him this advice: "write a post, then mix up the order of the sentences, and stick everything in a single paragraph."

That way no one ever read his posts and therefore couldn't ever find him scummy. Sure enough he was ignored and called town all game.

It was hilarious for ME to read because the poor kid sounded like he had a blender in his head.

MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:36 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 57, Alduskkel wrote:So I'm focusing on Landmind -- what makes that different from anyone else focusing on one person? In other words, what makes what I'm doing tunneling?

Is tunneling scummy or just anti-town? Because townies are known to tunnel.
Anti-town, but regardless, that's the best we've got to go on right now.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:37 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 59, DrDolittle wrote:
Vote Alduskkel

This vote is way too opportunistic. Find an actual scumtell to move your RVS off to, don't do it on a question.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:40 am

Sanhora/Alduskkel/Dolittle for the scum team.

MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:43 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

The other two I get, but why Sanhora?
1baldeagle1
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:51 am

Post by 1baldeagle1 »

DGB, you are still scum.
1baldeagle1
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:52 am

Post by 1baldeagle1 »

But your attempt to look town is cute.
Landmind
Landmind
Townie
Landmind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:46 am

Post by Landmind »

Morning, pals. I thought posting like that was hilarious and figured some of you guys might think so too, but apparently it came across as really devious, bad-faith play. I'll cut a little bullshit for you folks because you don't deserve to play with a guy who makes you feel that way.

Goodnight -- I don't think and never thought you were a cheater. Let me make this clear upfront: I think every player in this game is a good person. What I meant by 'secrets' is that you had the chance to discuss the setup with Thad, and he probably brought up specific edgecases and situations where he was worried the balance had slipped -- things like that, where his analysis was probably deeper than mine, and where you might have picked insights up osmotically. I've analyzed the setup -- I've written two pages of notes on the setup, actually, but I think it's very likely there are things you know or have considered that I haven't. That's why I wanted your help.

Moving past apologies: yes, Alduskkel is scum, but MafiaSSK's case is mostly predicated on things that are null for most players. So here's why Alduskkel is really scum.

You can probably tell I've been playfully baiting him the whole game: In another game (Mafiastuck), another player (torgonitoh) acted weirder than me for an entire game and Alduskkel played nothing like he's playing now. That seemed really unusual to me so I decided to keep doing it.

I was planning to make a giant meta-expose as soon as I got Goodnight's attention/cooperation but I was ambiguous so that went to shit and it took way longer than I expected to actually get to Alduskkel. So I'll do it now: this really doesn't look anything like his townmeta when dealing with weird people.

First of all --
Not to mention that an actual lynch based upon tic usage would be really stupid.
-- this is him saying that policy-lynching people for annoying quirks and tics like the one I'm doing now is bullshit (although this was in reference to another player). I mean, clearly he was annoyed. (exact words: "The shit is this?", "Does anyone actually think that torgonitoh's posts are worth a damn?") He openly slammed the guy, who was about as hard to read as I am (with much less content) pretty much every time he mentioned him, but made a real effort not to lose his shit because he didn't think it would be productive.

As far as tunneling goes? Fun fact: the phrase 'torg', including quotes and ignoring the postgame, appeared five times in Alduskkel's iso. So, obviously, as town, he has a clear tendency to completely obsess over the people who irritate him to the point where it's barely possible for him to play the game. He might even mention me six!

That doesn't even get into how he tends to err on the side of verbose as far as describing his reads. He wasn't really a 'lynch first, ask questions later' type the last time I saw him, and the way he waffled over his reads seemed borderline scummy. Really, listen to this:
Sowing the seeds of doubt? Fine by me. Brood's claim is definitely one that needs to be kept a close eye on, considering how shifty Brood was in the claiming process and his overall behavior. I don't suppose you think he's confirmed town? He seems town at the moment (see: Zdenek), but I would not call him confirmed.
Just iso'd Fate. Still not sure about his alignment. AV's pickup on the Sanjay read is good, but why the hell would Fate-scum defend AV, Maenara, and malpascp?
For my part I'm kind of torn here. Brood isn't super scummy, but he's definitely not town reading based on his own play. Even more problematic is that Brood dying to scum if he's town might be extremely detrimental, so lynching him now to avoid his NK might be valid. OTOH, I'm more inclined to believe his claim and obviously I don't care much to lynch town.
Kinda seeing Brood and Phill as opportunistic scum at a cursory glance to their isos. But I don't really want to get onto either wagon until I have the time to at least skim their isos and some other players who might deserve suspicion, like DGB, Naco, Zdenek, ActionDan (didn't like his interrogation of AVox, although I was townreading AD earlier), maybe even Zeta (seemed town earlier, but his recent posts are dropping off to null for me).
He really liked leaving open the possibility of targeting another player in the future instead of sticking like shit on toiletpaper to one guy whose playstyle made him eminently lynchable. We are staring at a man who
dwells
in the domain of unanswered questions and the future potential for inaction.

Bearing all that in mind, an open question to the rest of the round -- why do you think Alduskkel is losing his shit at a player he has trouble reading and who personally annoys him, despite not being a tunneler and ordinarily ignoring players who piss him off?

Well, gee. I dunno.
Unvote
. VOTE: Alduskkel

Hey, one last thought. 1baldeagle1, why's DGB scum? Also, don't you know she usually responds the same way to vote pressure as either faction?

A humbled Landmind returns to the skies.
I Just Like To Wait Till The Mob Slips Up and Then We Kill Them.
-- Konehead: Murder in Yeesavin.
Goodnight, sweet prince.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:25 am

Post by Alduskkel »

So I have to play like my 2012 self, AND you get to judge that I'm scum because in 3 pages I haven't played as such? What evidence do you even have that I tunnel more as scum, as opposed to me just changing my playstyle since then -- alternatively, I could just be acting differently because it's RVS. Or because you are/were more annoying than torgonitoh.

That said, I appreciate you changing your posting style.

Unvote

Vote: MafiaSSK
Claims he can tell I'm tunneling by page 3, then admits tunneling isn't actually scummy, just anti-town. Keeps his vote anyway.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:38 am

Post by Mac »

In post 60, 1baldeagle1 wrote:You guys should sheep my vote on DGB.
you should explain it more.

early townreads on dgb, SSK and notscience. not liking landmind, but as of yet im unsure whether or not that's because of how they're posting or what they're posting. scumreads on baldeagle and sanhora.

VOTE: sanhora
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:16 am

In post 68, MafiaSSK wrote:The other two I get, but why Sanhora?
I explained it...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”