Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:38 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 524, Cabd wrote:Does sorting me require using meta and personal tells on me?
No, it doesn't. Unless I'm looking for something specific, I only use meta I'm familiar with. I also don't treat all players equally (I'm extremely prejudiced).

But you're not really doing much this game. And I think you can at least acknowledge that.

I mean, I can sit here and give you guys superficial reads like I usually do, but that's not going to help me in any way.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:39 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 525, Brian Skies wrote:But you're not really doing much this game. And I think you can at least acknowledge that.
Ten pages ago I would have agreed. Not currently.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:40 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 526, Cabd wrote:
In post 525, Brian Skies wrote:But you're not really doing much this game. And I think you can at least acknowledge that.
Ten pages ago I would have agreed. Not currently.
Your opinion, not mine.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:42 pm

Post by Cabd »

Do you think i'm putting no effort into sorting you right not because if so holy fucking head-in-sand, batman.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:47 pm

Post by Mac »

In post 385, Cabd wrote:Oh man please tell me mac is drunk. MAC COME LOVE US
<3

i intend to start logging out when im out.

i know i promised content today but im about to head out to work. will give it tonight or tomorrow!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:03 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 528, Cabd wrote:Do you think i'm putting no effort into sorting you right not because if so holy fucking head-in-sand, batman.
Well, you sorting me isn't the same as me sorting you. Should I just give you a townread because you're interacting with me? I mean, a lot of the things you're pushing me for aren't exactly difficult things to push.

I'll just give you all my opinions so this goes faster (not in any particular order).

Mac - Probably town. I like the way he's reacting to the pressure on him even though the pressure isn't very good to begin with.
Sakura - Probably town. I don't think any of her actions are scum-motivated. TNE thought her giving reasoning for her vote on KA was scummy. I disagree and would actually prefer that rather than somebody jumping on with no reasoning. The interactions between her and Pieguyn gave me good townvibes from her.
Kaze - Probably town. He's acting similarly to how I've seen him behave and he's giving off good town-vibes. I think he's genuinely scum-hunting even though I'm not a fan of his reaction vote. I do think he believes Pieguyn is scum and he wants to lynch him for it.
Pieguyn - Probably scum. I don't like the way he's trying to twist words and motivations and it looks like he's trying to set people up as looking like scum so he can push a mislynch.
TNE/SSK - Probably town. Since I'm reading Pieguyn as scum and I'm not seeing those interactions as SvS.
KA - Null-town. I'm not getting any particular vibes either way but it generally feels like awkward town not knowing how to engage the thread.
Slimer - Null. Because he's just being Slimer (I actually attempted a meta-dive on him in my micro game, I just ended up bashing my head against my keyboard and ignoring him).

Kalimar, Marquis, Bert, Geist, Cabd - No read because I'm not comfortable with these slots right now (and I either need another re-read or more content [preferably with me in it]). I also forgot what Marquis/Kalimar did this game.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:45 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 530, Brian Skies wrote:Pieguyn - Probably scum. I don't like the way he's trying to twist words and motivations and it looks like he's trying to set people up as looking like scum so he can push a mislynch.
this is bad and you should feel bad. you don't point out any specific examples of this or why you think they came from scum motivation? also notice how you weren't pushing me whatsoever this whole time. all your questions that you did ask me seemed derived from what I was asking you and it didn't seem like you were trying to find out anything new. your reasons for scumreading me suck and your attempt to place suspicion on me is opportunistic as fuck

a few questions. when did you start scumreading me? also, remember stack the deck? I attacked you on D1 and you ended up townreading me because of it. what makes this different from there?

btw, what happened to geists? why are you no longer scumreading her?
In post 530, Brian Skies wrote:Kalimar, Marquis, Bert, Geist, Cabd - No read because I'm not comfortable with these slots right now (and I either need another re-read or more content [preferably with me in it]). I also forgot what Marquis/Kalimar did this game.
talking about setting people up to look like scum, why Marquis/Kalimar? is it cuase they're the lurk-ish players that I have a townread on? this doesn't seem legitimate and I'm seeing an intentional attempt to scumpaint me. there's people in this game who have done less than those two (theslimer) and I don't get how this is any different from a null read.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:23 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

So I decided to look back at Stack the Deck, and realized something's odd, Brian's saying he usually keeps his RVS vote on someone until he finds something decent to pursuit, yet on that game he voted his RVS and then someone else on Page 1. http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=31371
pieguy should remember that game as well.
I also see a lot more scumhunting in there, here in the past few pages i'd think he'd be trying to figure out geists alignment, but it's like he became a scumread since they voted him, which looks kind of awkward.
Yeah ok, sorry ffery but you might be on to something here
Unvote
Vote: Brian

@ffery/Nat: Something just clicked on me (considering pieguy quoted this multiple times i noticed it while reading the last few pages):
In post 405, MafiaSSK wrote:READS LIST:
Scum: Sakura,
geists
, one of (Kalimar, pieguy)
Null:
Brian Skies
, Bert
Town: Mac, KA, Kaze,
slimer
These are the most awkward reads, i dont see why slimer is anything other than null, and why Brian Skies is null for him, and even worse why he thinks you're scum, on that last one why havent you questioned SSK's scumread of you?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:33 am

Post by geists »

Sakura, I am leaving that read to Nati. Post
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:25 am

Post by geists »

In post 464, Brian Skies wrote:I'm talking to somebody whose alignment I don't know. I just got out of a game where F-16 was tunneling me all game and we were both town.
I had a look at this game since you mentioned it. I thought that maybe seeing how you reacted to tunneling in that game would shed some light on your reactions here.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go

I'm not completely done reading this game, but I'm seeing:

- genuine scumhunting prior to f-16 glomming on to you, and after that point as well.

- much stronger pushback from you re f-16's case.

You're complaining that people aren't telling you why they're scumreading you (at least that's how I interpret some of your remarks). It's really quite simple - your posts have almost all been reactions to questions and FoSes - you did very little scumhunting. And your reactions have been opaque, defensive and deflective. By comparison, your defense in the game with F-16 was very direct, and you kept scumhunting in and around the mutual tunnelling.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:04 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 461, pieguyn wrote:
@SSK:
explain your scumread on me plz? also why geists?

Sakura is feeling weird. don't ask me for an explanation. I'm not feeling up to it atm. and I don't fucking understand the current game state at all. I'd love to write Kaze off as town but then I'd be at Brian/Sakura/SSK and that makes literally no fucking sense. I also wanna see more from slimer since he hasn't posted any actual content. this makes me think I'm completely in the wrong here @_@

fuck Brian made another post. I don't want to think any more so I'm throwing this out there and I'll fkin read it later
You're mostly gut. Geists read is based off of playing with Nat too much.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:10 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 498, geists wrote:
scum
1. Kazekirimaru
7. MafiaSSK thenewearth
9. Brian Skies
Kaze is town. I personally have him in my top town group.
You really think I'm scum. Do explain, ffery.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:12 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 507, Brian Skies wrote:Since you guys are so concerned about my vote, you should take a look at this game.

I made a total of three votes that game. Not a single one of those was on F-16, who I thought was scummy/suspicious the entire game. And it was because I was never convinced.
It's weird that no one's pointed this out for cherrypicking. It's no doubt that you usually have more than three votes. Otherwise, that'd just be weird.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:15 am

Post by geists »

In post 535, MafiaSSK wrote:You're mostly gut. Geists read is based off of playing with Nat too much.
I don't know how you came to that conclusion.
In post 536, MafiaSSK wrote:You really think I'm scum. Do explain, ffery.
SSK-bro, I'm gonna level with you: the way you post is super scummy by default, even ignoring the lurking. Thankfully, I can read you pretty well and I've told ffery to let me worry about you. I like that you're keeping me at arm's reach, but I also don't know how you think I'm scum.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:17 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 532, Sakura Hana wrote:So I decided to look back at Stack the Deck, and realized something's odd, Brian's saying he usually keeps his RVS vote on someone until he finds something decent to pursuit, yet on that game he voted his RVS and then someone else on Page 1. http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=31371
pieguy should remember that game as well.
I also see a lot more scumhunting in there, here in the past few pages i'd think he'd be trying to figure out geists alignment, but it's like he became a scumread since they voted him, which looks kind of awkward.
Yeah ok, sorry ffery but you might be on to something here
Unvote
Vote: Brian
Good job. You've finally made a nearly convincing vote. Still reactionary for the most part, but now it has a solid meta reason behind it.
In post 532, Sakura Hana wrote:@ffery/Nat: Something just clicked on me (considering pieguy quoted this multiple times i noticed it while reading the last few pages):
In post 405, MafiaSSK wrote:READS LIST:
Scum: Sakura,
geists
, one of (Kalimar, pieguy)
Null:
Brian Skies
, Bert
Town: Mac, KA, Kaze,
slimer
These are the most awkward reads, i dont see why slimer is anything other than null, and why Brian Skies is null for him, and even worse why he thinks you're scum, on that last one why havent you questioned SSK's scumread of you?
Slimer seemed town? So? Brian Skies felt town but his posts were scummy, hence null?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:18 am

Post by geists »

In post 460, pieguyn wrote:in the meantime, wanna explain Kaze town? especially given those two posts you made after Sakura jumped on him, I don't understand.
My two posts were mostly a wake-up call to Kaze to check in with his gut. I see this all the time in games, and often catch myself doing the same after the fact. There has been a sea change in how I'm viewing a player, and my first conscious awareness of the change is when I read a post of mine and see that I'm talking to the person like they are town. I usually post again right afterwards and say something to the effect that oh look, my gut has made a decision.

With me, it's probably more difficult to catch that sort of change externally because one of my scum/town-hunting techniques is to talk to a player I suspect as though I see them as town in an exchange, and see what sorts of echoes I get back. I usually don't do that while I have a vote down on the person, though. It tends to confuse them.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:19 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 538, geists wrote:
In post 535, MafiaSSK wrote:You're mostly gut. Geists read is based off of playing with Nat too much.
I don't know how you came to that conclusion.
In post 536, MafiaSSK wrote:You really think I'm scum. Do explain, ffery.
SSK-bro, I'm gonna level with you: the way you post is super scummy by default, even ignoring the lurking. Thankfully, I can read you pretty well and I've told ffery to let me worry about you. I like that you're keeping me at arm's reach, but I also don't know how you think I'm scum.
You usually put forth more effort by this point, Nat. You've usually given a few reads with reasons. I ain't seeing it from you.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:20 am

Post by geists »

In post 539, MafiaSSK wrote:Good job. You've finally made a nearly convincing vote. Still reactionary for the most part, but now it has a solid meta reason behind it.
I also like that we're coming to similar conclusions separately.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:21 am

Post by geists »

In post 541, MafiaSSK wrote:You usually put forth more effort by this point, Nat. You've usually given a few reads with reasons. I ain't seeing it from you.
Um, hello? You should know damn well I've been out of town.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:21 am

Post by geists »

In post 536, MafiaSSK wrote:
In post 498, geists wrote:
scum
1. Kazekirimaru
7. MafiaSSK thenewearth
9. Brian Skies
Kaze is town. I personally have him in my top town group.
You really think I'm scum. Do explain, ffery.
I already told you I was leaving you to Nati. One of the things I'm hoping to pick up via hydraing with Nati is how to read you better.

He and I talked for a bit earlier and he thinks you're town. I want to let him explain why.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:22 am

Post by geists »

In post 543, geists wrote:
In post 541, MafiaSSK wrote:You usually put forth more effort by this point, Nat. You've usually given a few reads with reasons. I ain't seeing it from you.
Like seriously I just gotta squote this again because it's like the worst thing I've ever heard.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:22 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 543, geists wrote:
And yet you've managed to post anyways.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:25 am

Post by geists »

In post 546, MafiaSSK wrote:And yet you've managed to post anyways.
Okay I gotta shut this down before we get too much into ongoing games, and I'm really annoyed I can't lay the smack-down.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:32 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 547, geists wrote:
In post 546, MafiaSSK wrote:And yet you've managed to post anyways.
Okay I gotta shut this down before we get too much into ongoing games, and I'm really annoyed I can't lay the smack-down.
I'm not even talking about other ongoing games. Your VLA lasted until today and yet 388 which I'm presuming is you, was posted yesterday.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:35 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

a
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”