Mini 1520: Neighborhood Mafia - Game over!

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:25 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

He's upset that I'm not policy-voting him, he smells like a townie.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
goodnight
goodnight
Townie
goodnight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:27 pm

Post by goodnight »

In post 123, DrippingGoofball wrote: Maybe we have a vig?
FuDuzn can hand out a 1-shot vig ability, but it has to be used that night and can never be used again.

-Night
Hydra of goodmorning and Bulbazak.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

well I always say Never, but I ultimately end up changing. He's going to have to knock my fucking socks off with his towniness to do it though.

p.edit - which is why I say my luck won't allow me to get it. Fu wants me to audition like i'm a fucking dog or something and then he will tell me how to use whatever role he gives me. nah that's not my style. I like to make up my own mind and do my own thing.
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
goodnight
goodnight
Townie
goodnight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:56 pm

Post by goodnight »

In post 116, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 115, goodnight wrote: 1. He didn't post a case so I can only assume he agrees with DGB's assessment of sanhora. Problem with that is I don't think English is his first language.
Could be wrong, but that would explain the stilting far better than "oh it feels scummy"
2. He didn't post a case. Granted pot calling kettle here, but A. I'm posting one now and B. I don't like that.
3. Implied minor sheeping of DGB.
4. He didn't say hi :[

I've been mildly distracted recently. Expect me firmly ensconced in this game shortly.

-Good
please tell me you have more to go on, if not shame on you.
1. Top of page 3.
2. He's got a single content-y post.
3. Fuck off.
In post 117, DrDolittle wrote:goodnight - do you think your mac read is currently better than you ssk/ald read?
What Night head said.
Like I said, my V/LA sort of worked against me here; expect me firmly ensconced in this game shortly.
In post 119, Landmind wrote:He's saying "I'm not doing antitown things" and "hey, even if I were to start doing antitown things, I wouldn't necessarily be scummy" at the same time. So what the underlying meaning here is is that he expects to get caught doing antitown things and he already wants to throw down a shovel for when he needs to dig himself out of that particular well.

Actually, in general, the last few pages have been all about that distinction, and I have a feeling that's going to be a recurring theme for a while now.
Orrrr... he might just feel the need to reiterate "that distinction" because for all practical intents and purposes it's true?

I'm going to have to agree with my other head on you with your whole mountains from molehills thing on this one.
In post 121, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 120, PrivateI wrote:How much more would you expect at this stage in the game? Just a few pages in, we can see that three of the four reasons are perfectly valid and would be considered minor scum tells, thus the vote.
absolutely none of those reasons are minor scumtells. The sheeping is kind of a pet peeve of mine but others say that is null since town sheep probably more then scum.
It's not necessarily because he was sheeping, but because he was sheeping
DGB
. That's an important distinction which is why that tidbit was included in my list.

-Good
goodnight
goodnight
Townie
goodnight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by goodnight »

Unvote

Vote Landmind

I think both heads are in agreement on this one.

-Night
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:09 pm

Don't fucking tell me to fuck off

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:55 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Yo everyone, I got here a bowl of peanut M&M's!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:20 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 131, DrippingGoofball wrote:Yo everyone, I got here a bowl of peanut M&M's!
I personally prefer Pretzel.

Someone care to explain this landmind wagon? I'm not seeing it.
goodnight
goodnight
Townie
goodnight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:19 pm

Post by goodnight »

In post 132, notscience wrote: Someone care to explain this landmind wagon? I'm not seeing it.
How is it a wagon if there is no one else on it?

-Night
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:31 pm

oops

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:37 pm

Post by notscience »

Jake get your head out of your ass it's not a hat. Newsflash- 1445 is over. Can't fix it. Move the fuck on and play the fucking game.

@good- It seems like a majority of people are scumreading him, which I correlate to a wagon (given as I haven't looked at the VCs lately)
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:46 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 110, goodnight wrote:
In post 109, Alduskkel wrote: What's your read on Landmind?
Leaning scum. I don't like his posting style either, as I feel it's a smokescreen he can hide behind. I also didn't like how he tried to imply we were scum for not sharing what we knew of the setup. I didn't like the way he backpedaled when I attacked him for his allegations. I don't like how he tried to appease the town when he saw that his posting style was garnering suspicion. And finally, I don't like how he's trying to manipulate the setup by finding a backdoor to figure out the mod's intentions. Given the way the game is put together, there is no town motivation for that, as the scum side of the setup is pretty straight forward. The only side that would benefit from such knowledge is scum, as they would need to have a better understanding of how the town power would work, since there is more and it is also more varied.

-Night
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
goodnight
goodnight
Townie
goodnight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:46 pm

Post by goodnight »

In post 136, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 110, goodnight wrote:
In post 109, Alduskkel wrote: What's your read on Landmind?
Leaning scum. I don't like his posting style either, as I feel it's a smokescreen he can hide behind. I also didn't like how he tried to imply we were scum for not sharing what we knew of the setup. I didn't like the way he backpedaled when I attacked him for his allegations. I don't like how he tried to appease the town when he saw that his posting style was garnering suspicion. And finally, I don't like how he's trying to manipulate the setup by finding a backdoor to figure out the mod's intentions. Given the way the game is put together, there is no town motivation for that, as the scum side of the setup is pretty straight forward. The only side that would benefit from such knowledge is scum, as they would need to have a better understanding of how the town power would work, since there is more and it is also more varied.

-Night
Doh!
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:57 pm

Post by FuDuzn »

Well Jake is much different than I remember, and why are you mad and assuming I am going to tell you what to do? Or actually answer this question, do you think I have the power to tell people what to do when I give then a role? Does that make you nervous?
The greatest trick the devil ever performed was convincing the world he doesn't exist
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:52 am

In post 138, FuDuzn wrote:Well Jake is much different than I remember, and why are you mad and assuming I am going to tell you what to do? Or actually answer this question, do you think I have the power to tell people what to do when I give then a role? Does that make you nervous?
I said in the signup thread I was trying a new playstyle.

I know you can't make anyone do anything but it I was the stump, I'd want the person I chose to do my bidding, or at least consider it. Being chosen does make me nervous actually, just the fact you mentioned me puts a target on my back, plus my favorite role ever is VT, I don't like the responsibility and my track record choosing the right targets isn't very good.

Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:19 am

Post by Mac »

In post 90, 1baldeagle1 wrote:
In post 73, Mac wrote:
In post 60, 1baldeagle1 wrote:You guys should sheep my vote on DGB.
you should explain it more.

early townreads on dgb, SSK and notscience. not liking landmind, but as of yet im unsure whether or not that's because of how they're posting or what they're posting. scumreads on baldeagle and sanhora.

VOTE: sanhora
Can you explain these reads please?
you took far too long to point out that i was being hypocritical here. i would've expected town to point it out straight away. instead this is how your train of thought has went:

- X, please explain your thoughts!
- Y is scum ( - no explanation)
- Z says A is scum, and ignored for a while before actually responding.

you also didn't explain why dgb is scum. sanhora vote was because of the awkward entrance, it looked too tryhard. but that could easily come from new town, im not sure how experienced she is.
In post 78, MafiaSSK wrote:
In post 77, Alduskkel wrote:Because you're not scumhunting.
No, but I'm helping town. Eliminating anti-town can only benefit town.
so you think you can get away with not scumhunting but instead faking town motivation?

VOTE: SSK
bald wrote:DGB is scummy for pushing things that aren't even scumtells.
such as?
goodnight wrote:1. He didn't post a case so I can only assume he agrees with DGB's assessment of sanhora. Problem with that is I don't think English is his first language.
Could be wrong, but that would explain the stilting far better than "oh it feels scummy"
2. He didn't post a case. Granted pot calling kettle here, but A. I'm posting one now and B. I don't like that.
3. Implied minor sheeping of DGB.
4. He didn't say hi :[
1. yeah I liked DGB's assessment but I was also trying to analyse baldeagle. it worked. is that bad?
2. is that bad?
3. is that bad?
4. is that bad? (HI! I HOPE YOU'RE TOWN)
private wrote: How much more would you expect at this stage in the game?
do you honestly think that was a good case? it was a terrible case, so much so that I'm partly hoping it's not serious. with that said, I think goodnight is town. you? not so much.

jake, can you do some scumhunting? because policy lynches are an easy way for scum to get out of actually doing anything on day one, like I said. lynching bad players day one is a terrible idea, how about lynching scum instead?
goodnight wrote:2. He's got a single content-y post.
so? it's early doors. you mad for 1351? :twisted:
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:58 am

Post by Alduskkel »

@Landmind: I'm not saying you can't call me scummy for stuff I do in the RVS, what I am saying is that trying to compare my meta here and my play in Mafiastuck is not going to work because it's too early in this game and Mafiastuck was too long ago.

Also you were more annoying than torgonitoh, so I guess I'll explicitly state that, too.

As for your second point (and this is @PrivateI, too) I first prompted MafiaSSK to show how I was tunneling, given that I don't think I was tunneling.

The second question I asked (is tunneling scummy or just anti-town) was designed to get MafiaSSK to explain his scumhunting process more, and what do you know, it turned out that his scumhunting process sucked. That's more or less why I voted him directly after he responded.

So no, I'm not trying to excuse future anti-town behavior on my part (what anti-town behavior am I even planning on?), I was actually trying to get a read on MafiaSSK.

Speaking of which, more votes on MafiaSSK please.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:05 am

In post 140, Mac wrote:jake, can you do some scumhunting? because policy lynches are an easy way for scum to get out of actually doing anything on day one, like I said. lynching bad players day one is a terrible idea, how about lynching scum instead?
sorry I can't. My new day 1 strategy is clearly posted on my Wiki and has been there for a while now.
"Also, I agree 100% with Flay and Kuribo. Lynch the shit out of bad/useless people on D1 unless they are literally confirmed town"
so it's either I lynch notscience today who I would consider a bad/useless player or I join SSK's crusade at eliminating an anti-town player.

My ability to scum hunt has been faulty for a while, especially on day 1 so I use that time to take out someone who will be a detriment to the game if they are town. It's really a win/win cause I either get lucky and hit scum or I have helped get rid of a player who isn't really playing the game. I will say that my ability to scumhunt does improve as the game goes on, surely notscience can attest to that since I had caught both him and his partner recently.

Only reason town lost that game was because of.... you guessed it. An anti-town player

Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:11 am

Post by Mac »

by keeping your vote on someone you don't think is scum, you are being useless to the town. so we should lynch you. amirite?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:11 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Jake, what is your read on Landmind, MafiaSSK, and myself?
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:26 am

In post 143, Mac wrote:by keeping your vote on someone you don't think is scum, you are being useless to the town. so we should lynch you. amirite?
if that is what you feel is necessary.

right now he is playing similar to how he played in the game we just finished, he was scum and he lurked through it, just like he is doing this game. As I said in an earlier post to DGB, if he is town he is going to have to convince me.

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:28 am

In post 144, Alduskkel wrote:Jake, what is your read on Landmind, MafiaSSK, and myself?
Landmind is annoying, can't read him either way

SSK, I think I like him cause he shares my same philosophy

you I have no opinion on.

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:39 am

In post 144, Alduskkel wrote:Jake, what is your read on Landmind, MafiaSSK, and myself?
What is your read on notscience?

Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:45 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Seems kinda scummy. Wish he'd post some scumreads.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:51 am

Well there is 1 way to ensure it happens...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”