[M] Newbie 1440: Maestro's Manic Mafia - DAY 3

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
scotpgot
scotpgot
Townie
scotpgot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:34 am

Post by scotpgot »

A little over 36 hours left. Let's go............................
Atlasblade
Atlasblade
Townie
Atlasblade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:20 pm

Post by Atlasblade »

Very well. When I read the ISOs, I didn't feel there was much I could use exactly and most of the things I wanted to say, peabody already touched up in his last post. Following up on his post, I might have some doubt about scotpgot but I also feel that slimer's the most suspicious one if my POE readings.

Personally from this point on, I'm don't think peabody's scum, and I actually have some mixed feelings about scotpgot and thankfully Naio's already town so that made things easier. At least I hope.

VOTE: theslimer3

I feel he stands out the most to me in terms of being scum to me.
Naio
Naio
Goon
Naio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:33 pm

Post by Naio »

order of scummiest to least for me right now:

slimer
atlas
scot
peabody

i'd be happy with pushing a slimer or atlas vote today. i'm back to slimer unless someone has a solid argument for someone else.

VOTE: slimer
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:38 pm

Post by Maestro »

Votecount 3.05 - Sunday, December 1st @ 1:38 AM EST

scotpgot -
[L-3]

Atlasblade -
[L-2]
theslimer3
Naio -
[L-3]

Peabody -
[L-3]

theslimer3 -
[L-1]
Atlasblade, Naio

With
[5]
alive it takes
[3]
to Lynch or No Lynch.

Not Voting:
scotpgot, Peabody
Deadline is in ... (expired on 2013-12-02 04:22:00)
scotpgot
scotpgot
Townie
scotpgot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:06 am

Post by scotpgot »

I"ll be back tonight. Hopefully slimer will have posted by then.

Just one last thing, and I don't know if it means anything or not: There were two people to replace out - RavenPaw (slimer) and SplashMaster (pirate mollie). Splash, obv., turned scum. I wonder if it would make logical sense or if it would just be a coincidence that slimer (RavenPaw) turned scum as well.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:44 am

Post by theslimer3 »

Not to me.
But clearly I'm not getting out of this in 12 hours.

Don't screw up lylo is all I have to say. But right now I'm starting to say it's gotta be Atlas for that weak vote.
Gl, bah, all that jazz.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:13 pm

Post by Peabody »

Scot, I'd have to say I'd be least comfortable with slimer in lylo because of the reasons I listed. Atlas is too much of a wildcard for me at the moment.

I intend to hammer slimer.

Do you have a claim, slimer?

Also, scot, replacin out isn't really a scumtell. People do it while in both alinments. (Sorry, jee key isn't workin)
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:25 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

Why would I have a claim?
And why are you "intending to hammer" if I just inferred "kill me"?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:16 pm

Post by Peabody »

vote slimer
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:23 pm

Post by Maestro »

Votecount 3.FINAL - Monday, December 2nd @ 3:23 AM EST

Atlasblade -
[L-2]
theslimer3
theslimer3 -
[L-0]
Atlasblade, Naio, Peabody

With
[5]
alive it took
[3]
to Lynch or No Lynch.

Not Voting:
scotpgot

theslimer3 has been Lynched Day 3. They were a
Vanilla Townie
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:11 pm

Post by Maestro »

Naio has been Killed Night 3. They were a
Vanilla Townie

Votecount 4.01 - Wednesday, December 4th @ 10:11 PM EST

scotpgot -
[L-2]

Atlasblade -
[L-2]

Peabody -
[L-2]

With
[3]
alive it takes
[2]
to Lynch or No Lynch.

Not Voting:
scotpgot, Atlasblade, Peabody
Deadline is in ... (expired on 2013-12-18 23:12:00)
Naio
Naio
Goon
Naio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:41 pm

Post by Naio »

bye guys, good game and good luck!
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:35 pm

Post by Peabody »

Hm.

Let me do some reviewing. I'll post tomorrow.
Atlasblade
Atlasblade
Townie
Atlasblade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:03 am

Post by Atlasblade »

jesus, this just got really hard... going to review some ISOs for the time being. I'll probably be back later, if not tomorrow.
scotpgot
scotpgot
Townie
scotpgot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:22 pm

Post by scotpgot »

Well, that was predictable.

I'm going to do the opposite of atlas and Peabody and defend myself first rather than going back and reading ISOs. (I'm actually at work and can't be spending an hour reviewing post after post...)

I voted SplashMaster right out of the gate. Then as Day One went on I just never had any reason to change my vote. He was acting more and more like scum. And his comment about vets vs. newbs never sat right with me, convincing me he was scum. Now, I don't know what kind of strategy that would be if I were scum. I did everything I could to maintain the pressure, and attention on Splash.

Then there was my rolefish. Yes, that was a mistake. But it was an
honest
mistake. And looking back, I don't know wtf slimer was doing acting so strangely and, at least to me, confrontational. TAM accepted that as what it was - honest bad play, but not scummy behavior.

Then the TAM vote. I really thought he was scum. I
hated
the way that day ended. And had it lasted a little longer, I may well have changed my vote. It's a damn shame it didn't.

Finally, slimer. I kind of touched on this earlier, but even though I didn't end up voting for him I really thought he was scum.

Finally, I think if you've read my ISO, you'll find my posts logical, unemotional, and on point. I didn't argue with anyone or try and distract the town. Yes, I've been absent here and there, but I believe almost all my posts contain content to
drive
the investigation, not slow it down.

My decision is basically going to come down to this (having reviewed the ISOs fairly recently):

if I vote Peabody, keeping atlas, and atlas is scum, I've overthought myself. atlas has really done very little this game (no offense). There isn't much evidence against him, but that's because his posts are so few and so lacking in any content. I feel like he's the obvious vote. I would be voting Peabody out of self-doubt rather than anything atlas did to convince me.

if I vote atlas, and Peabody ends up being scum, I think he's played an excellent, excellent game. I don't really see anything (at least to my recollection) that I get a scummy feeling from. He's been investigatory, inquisitive, and aggressive. He's played town to a "T". Yeah, he's accused me here and there, but I can't blame him. I've made mistakes, and I think I've addressed those above.

Either way, I'd like to see what they both come up with. I have the weekend off work now, but am working again Monday through Thursday about 12 hours each day and will be away from a computer for 15. So don't expect much from me past Sunday until Friday again.
Atlasblade
Atlasblade
Townie
Atlasblade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:04 pm

Post by Atlasblade »

To be honest, I'm almost a little torn here. I feel we were being lead along by Peabody the entire time. On the other hand, I kind of wished that I would have participated more but that's kind of past and done. Either way what I'm seeing here is either Peabody was right about scotpgot or Peabody's the culprit himself. Nonetheless the one thing that somewhat caught me off guard was the hammer to slimer from him. Now that I look back a bit, I think some things were a little off too, but this doesn't necessarily mean he's scum. This particular decision's a tough one for me to swallow atm. I'll have more to post next time, but for now I'm still looking for something ... specific.
scotpgot
scotpgot
Townie
scotpgot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:59 am

Post by scotpgot »

Well, I've read the ISOs now, but don't really have much new to say.

I'd still like to see a longer, thought-out post from both Peabody and atlas. I know where I'm leaning, but that doesn't mean I couldn't be convinced.

Peabody, from what I can tell, was either a very good Townie, or really an incredibly good scum. I can't find anything in either his posting style or content that I could even twist into being a "mistake", which is honestly what I was looking for in the ISOs. An early vote on Splash, and after that what appeared to me to be reasoned, well thought-out arguments for who he was voting and about whom he had suspicions. If Peabody ends up being scum, I got beat.

atlas, what "specific" thing exactly are you looking for? Although you've posted less, I feel like I did find a couple things. The first was your vote on Splash
after
he appeared to go MIA. That would seem like a good time for bussing. And then the bolded below...
In post 285, Atlasblade wrote:Actually I'm more inclined to wonder since Splashmaster/Mollie flipped scum, what actually made people think he was town in the first place (especially slimer). Personally his posts were completely off to me (for a lack of a better word.) before Mollie replaced him. Even then I had my suspicions about him. Nevertheless, looking back at the votes, I don't think he was being bussed if anything so the other scum didn't jump on the wagon right away considering imo that would kind of single them out. This may be somewhat obvious or not but I feel that
our other scumbuddy
was pretty much voting someone else. Well that's my theory anyways.
...obviously the word that sticks out to me is "our" in that sentence. I've been over and over that in my mind...was it just a slip of the tongue? Odd phrasing? Maybe. But OTOH, I can't imagine using the term "our" when referring to scum in this game - "it", "his", "their", pretty much ANY other pronoun than "our". So...I don't like that. But I'll give you the chance to explain.

For both of you, if you have doubts about me, please ask and I would be happy to explain my thinking at the time. In the meantime, I've already made my role claim when I was put at L1 last day phase.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:12 pm

Post by Peabody »

The reason I hammered slimer the way I did is that I thought he confirmed himself as scum by saying he had no claim. A town would find something to claim, but slimer said he had none. It was almost as if he gave up. Additionally, there were only 7 hours left. I thought the game was over, so why would I post anything other than a simple vote?

I know I said I would review more, but I've just been preoccupied.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:16 pm

Post by Peabody »

Content tomorrow. I promise. Unless I get to it before that.
Atlasblade
Atlasblade
Townie
Atlasblade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:34 pm

Post by Atlasblade »

In post 391, scotpgot wrote:Well, I've read the ISOs now, but don't really have much new to say.

I'd still like to see a longer, thought-out post from both Peabody and atlas. I know where I'm leaning, but that doesn't mean I couldn't be convinced.

Peabody, from what I can tell, was either a very good Townie, or really an incredibly good scum. I can't find anything in either his posting style or content that I could even twist into being a "mistake", which is honestly what I was looking for in the ISOs. An early vote on Splash, and after that what appeared to me to be reasoned, well thought-out arguments for who he was voting and about whom he had suspicions. If Peabody ends up being scum, I got beat.

atlas, what "specific" thing exactly are you looking for? Although you've posted less, I feel like I did find a couple things. The first was your vote on Splash
after
he appeared to go MIA. That would seem like a good time for bussing. And then the bolded below...
In post 285, Atlasblade wrote:Actually I'm more inclined to wonder since Splashmaster/Mollie flipped scum, what actually made people think he was town in the first place (especially slimer). Personally his posts were completely off to me (for a lack of a better word.) before Mollie replaced him. Even then I had my suspicions about him. Nevertheless, looking back at the votes, I don't think he was being bussed if anything so the other scum didn't jump on the wagon right away considering imo that would kind of single them out. This may be somewhat obvious or not but I feel that
our other scumbuddy
was pretty much voting someone else. Well that's my theory anyways.
...obviously the word that sticks out to me is "our" in that sentence. I've been over and over that in my mind...was it just a slip of the tongue? Odd phrasing? Maybe. But OTOH, I can't imagine using the term "our" when referring to scum in this game - "it", "his", "their", pretty much ANY other pronoun than "our". So...I don't like that. But I'll give you the chance to explain.

For both of you, if you have doubts about me, please ask and I would be happy to explain my thinking at the time. In the meantime, I've already made my role claim when I was put at L1 last day phase.
Personally I felt at the time that it wasn't a big deal for me to word it that way. Perhaps I worded it in an odd way or something. I don't remember entirely, maybe it was subtle sarcasm. Even then, I can probably see why it would stand out. Even then, that's not exactly a tell of someone's alignment considering people have different ways of describing things. I really don't see much of a problem there tbh
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:54 pm

Post by Peabody »

atlasblade
- Your attack on Splashmaster in Post 80 was based on the fact that SplashMaster claimed to want to wait until RavenPaw posted more. He then put a vote on you, and so the basis of your attack was that he was contradicting himself because Raven hadn't posted.

Why didn't you vote Splashmaster at this point? This looks like Splashmaster made an attempt at 'bussing' you as a partner. Splashmaster's reasoning to vote you was you were lurking (weak case) and you looked as if you wanted to turn flak toward your scum partner for -some reason-. Personally, I think your case on Splashmaster was lacking, which is why this looks like a bus. Couple that with not voting while you first attacked him, and it looks worse. It took you 5 days after your accusation to actually place a vote on him. Please explain.

----------
Scotpgot

Scotpgot's coincidental random vote on Splashmaster did not sit right with me either, but after knowing what I know about scot, and his pattern in trying to find wording and phrases to scumhunt, this post makes sense.

Scot, can you explain why you thought here slimer was a townie who was just trying to survive.

I'm also a fan of finding out why people word things in specific ways, so Scot:
Scotpgot wrote:All I have to say is this: I voted Splash Day one, post one. Then based on my reads, never changed it. Go back through my ISO and look. I had a vote on Splash the WHOLE time. I can't imagine that would be in the scum playbook.
I for sure thought I'd be cleared when Splash flipped goon.
So my question in response to Smudger and Peabody: "Really?"
Emphasis mine.

This phrasing does not look right to me. 1) using the word "cleared" appears to me like it could be a scum trying to claim an automatic town spot in everyone's mind. 2) "when Splash flipped goon" makes it seem like you -knew- splash would flip goon. No one except a scum partner would know this.

Can you address this for me?
Atlasblade
Atlasblade
Townie
Atlasblade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:41 pm

Post by Atlasblade »

In post 395, Peabody wrote:
atlasblade
- Your attack on Splashmaster in Post 80 was based on the fact that SplashMaster claimed to want to wait until RavenPaw posted more. He then put a vote on you, and so the basis of your attack was that he was contradicting himself because Raven hadn't posted.

Why didn't you vote Splashmaster at this point? This looks like Splashmaster made an attempt at 'bussing' you as a partner. Splashmaster's reasoning to vote you was you were lurking (weak case) and you looked as if you wanted to turn flak toward your scum partner for -some reason-. Personally, I think your case on Splashmaster was lacking, which is why this looks like a bus. Couple that with not voting while you first attacked him, and it looks worse. It took you 5 days after your accusation to actually place a vote on him. Please explain.
I didn't want to vote at the time probably BECAUSE I felt that my case was weak at the time, so I didn't want to vote him right away until I was really confident about it. Another reason was probably because I didn't exactly want to be too hasty with my vote considering we had quite a bit of time iirc. Unfortunately making strong cases isn't exactly my forte as you already know. Also I explained a few days back that I was busy at the time so I couldn't exactly get to come back right away.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:01 pm

Post by Peabody »

What caused you to become more confident in your read?
Atlasblade
Atlasblade
Townie
Atlasblade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:28 pm

Post by Atlasblade »

In post 397, Peabody wrote:What caused you to become more confident in your read?
More than likely I thought it over a few times more often than not. Either way I felt the contradiction was actually pretty important to me the more I went over their ISOs as well as their posts were pretty much him trying to appear town to me seemed fairly off to me. After they were confirmed scum, I thought that at first that the people I suspected afterwards were scum. I was horribly wrong and as a result I felt less and less confident about my reads as a result. Needless to say, after slimer turned town up till this point I..really am at a loss here. I'll admit I was under the influence of misguided trust, but you live and you learn in the end.

Now then, anything else you want to ask?
scotpgot
scotpgot
Townie
scotpgot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:34 am

Post by scotpgot »

In post 395, Peabody wrote:
Scotpgot

Scotpgot's coincidental random vote on Splashmaster did not sit right with me either, but after knowing what I know about scot, and his pattern in trying to find wording and phrases to scumhunt, this post makes sense.

Scot, can you explain why you thought here slimer was a townie who was just trying to survive.
It was his attitude, mostly. It seemed, to me, like he wasn't trying to be productive, but not exactly being
counter
-productive either. Very middle of the road. I just got the feeling from slimer that he was almost trying to say, "Look at me! I'm not very helpful at all!" but at the same time not providing enough of a distraction for anyone to peg him as scum early on. I
think
I made a post a few back that I still don't know why he was acting like that. I don't know how else to explain it.
I'm also a fan of finding out why people word things in specific ways, so Scot:
Scotpgot wrote:All I have to say is this: I voted Splash Day one, post one. Then based on my reads, never changed it. Go back through my ISO and look. I had a vote on Splash the WHOLE time. I can't imagine that would be in the scum playbook.
I for sure thought I'd be cleared when Splash flipped goon.
So my question in response to Smudger and Peabody: "Really?"
Emphasis mine.

This phrasing does not look right to me. 1) using the word "cleared" appears to me like it could be a scum trying to claim an automatic town spot in everyone's mind. 2) "when Splash flipped goon" makes it seem like you -knew- splash would flip goon. No one except a scum partner would know this.

Can you address this for me?
That one's easy. "Cleared" refers to the fact that everyone suspects everyone else. At least until they feel comfortable enough with them, or until the sheriff "clears" them. I never held any misunderstanding that people wouldn't suspect me, and so when Splash flipped scum I felt it "cleared" me from that (automatic) suspicion. The second part is just a grammatical oddity, I guess. The "when" refers to past tense, nothing more. Before that post but after Splash was lynched. I know that there's also a past-conditional tense with "when", but that's not what I was using.

Hope that clears things up.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”