Newbie 1455: How We Met The Mafia (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TeedyKay
TeedyKay
Goon
TeedyKay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:01 am

Post by TeedyKay »

In post 170, T S O wrote:Of course it's fucking impatience. Nobody even votes until I look intentionally scummy. After I make this post, everyone will fall back into obscurity.
And my first question?
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:03 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

In post 175, TeedyKay wrote:
In post 170, T S O wrote:Of course it's fucking impatience. Nobody even votes until I look intentionally scummy. After I make this post, everyone will fall back into obscurity.
And my first question?
Your question confused me...what exactly is the question meaning? Would he understand it so the only reason he has yet to answer it is due to not having an answer?
TeedyKay
TeedyKay
Goon
TeedyKay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:08 am

Post by TeedyKay »

Your stupid roleclaim drew TSO into wanting a counterclaim of any sort to occur.

This is highly beneficial for Scum as they will know who to target at night to get best results for them.

The only time a roleclaim would make sense is normally on mass when the numbers dictate a town win is achievable.

Was just asking why he wanted that counterclaim when it's easily recognised as bad for Town, eapecially by an SE as he likes to point out, unless he thinks the numbers are there to work a Town win (they're not btw)
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:11 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

In post 177, TeedyKay wrote:Your stupid roleclaim drew TSO into wanting a counterclaim of any sort to occur.

This is highly beneficial for Scum as they will know who to target at night to get best results for them.

The only time a roleclaim would make sense is normally on mass when the numbers dictate a town win is achievable.

Was just asking why he wanted that counterclaim when it's easily recognised as bad for Town, eapecially by an SE as he likes to point out, unless he thinks the numbers are there to work a Town win (they're not btw)
In post 87, T S O wrote:Fuck this set-up's incredible for us

Mafia don't know if we have a Doctor and if they miss the kill they're boned
He seems to think we're doing alright.
That begs the question who "us" is in his statement really...I know its implied that he means the town but he could also mean the scum if he was being sarcastic (Doubt it but its possible).
Just trying to cover all the bases...
TeedyKay
TeedyKay
Goon
TeedyKay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:18 am

Post by TeedyKay »

It's illogical either way whether we have a doc or not. Pure implication that scum are going for you tonight and the doc may save you means scum won't take another number from Town.

However, any member of scum worth anything would never target you, they'd go random and get a kill. This would help further highlight your claim is bogus.

If things were incredibly simple and a stock format had to be adhered to then yes, your idiotic early claim would be of benefit, but no one sticks to set ways of play so its redundant
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:28 am

Post by Dessew »

Yes, I meant TSO there, and yes, we have either a Doc or a BP if we have a Tracker and there is no RB.
As I understand, TSO says he was gambiting, I'll have to think about it a little more.
As for the cc-thing: we'd have had a lynchpool of two people for D1, would've learnt which two player's interactions we should watch closely (not with each other, you get the idea.) Sacraficing a PR for finding a scum is a good deal, I think.

PEDIT: Teddy, that's why we shouldn't discuss the setup now. OTOH, TSO only pointed out actual facts.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:47 am

Post by Dessew »

I did the math, if there had been a cc, we would have more than 40% chance of winning at least, assuming random lynching, but we would also have quite a lot of things to discuss.
TwilightsCall
TwilightsCall
Goon
TwilightsCall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:20 am

Post by TwilightsCall »

My gut-read on TSO's last posts was more that he was mad than he was scummy, but I do agree bringing up a compromise lynch right now is a bit too soon. I'd rather just lynch scummy people than a compromise, tbh - its not like we have no leads at all.

TSO, what's your opinion on the stuff that happened before you joined the game? So far the only mention I've seen from you about stuff prior to your arrival is talking about Taco's claim and implications of that on the setup. Surely, you can at least mention
something
about what happened before.

I'm getting bad feelings about the unnecessary namecalling in Teedy's posts. Very reminiscent of Bitmap's unnecessarily condescending play. I'm tempted to agree with Maurice on this one, I don't think it's much of a stretch to say that they could be trying to bully people around, though admittedly much more severe in Bitmap's case than Teedy's.

And I think that's all I needed for now. I'm getting no sense that Rach is interested in talking to us at all, so I feel like trying to put pressure on her is somewhat meaningless. In contrast, I actively dislike Bitmap's play (read as: think its scummy), so I am much more confident in pushing a lynch there.

UNVOTE: RachMarie
VOTE: Bitmap
TeedyKay
TeedyKay
Goon
TeedyKay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:48 am

Post by TeedyKay »

I have my tells now I believe, the silence is somewhat annoying from some but I'm taking them as disinterested Townies (probs Vanilla)

There are those digging away to discover scum

And there appears to be those pushing at people to highlight them for some reason

With that in mind:

UNVOTE: RachMarie

VOTE: TwillightsCall

FOS: TSO
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:30 pm

Post by MauriceMoss »

I'm good with a TC is mafia world. I think TK or TSO would be nice fits.

Taco seems scummy but also with the newb card going it's hard to know.

Vote: Twilightscall
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:17 pm

Post by Acidic_TACO »

I don't see how Twilight is scum...I read the posts but nothing really jumps out at me saying hes scum. Am I missing something?
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:20 pm

Post by MauriceMoss »

Does anything jump out at you about anyone? You seem the most evil.
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:25 pm

Post by Acidic_TACO »

In post 186, MauriceMoss wrote:Does anything jump out at you about anyone? You seem the most evil.
TSO was acting like scum so he jumped out to me as scum...then he says he was just baiting and I'm still looking over his posts to see where/if he started baiting.

How am I the most evil? I'm the nicest person here
you waste of a human being
. :good:
TwilightsCall
TwilightsCall
Goon
TwilightsCall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:39 pm

Post by TwilightsCall »

I'm with Taco on this one. The only one who has posted any actual read on me is Dessew, and he's not one of the people voting for me...but by all means, if you have something on me, please share! I'd love to hear it.
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:28 pm

Post by Acidic_TACO »

Am sensing scum...
I wonder if...
No...
Will post thingy tomorrow after slept on it...
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:43 am

Post by Dessew »

I messed up the math, we'd have been only 37.5%, which is still more than the winning chance with 9 players (two scum) (it's a little less than 30% then, assuming random lynches, a NK every night and not taking PRs into consideration.)

I have been thinking about it and TSO's story does make sense, although I highly dislike it. (And by making sense I mean that it fits.)

I'm fine with lynching TC, as I stated it earlier.
UNVOTE: Bitmap
VOTE: TC

It's L-2.
If you vote him, emphasize that he got on L-1. If you want to hammer him, announce your intent first and wait for a claim (and reads optionally.) Failing to do so will result in an immediate policy lynch on D2.
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:17 am

Post by MauriceMoss »

What math are you doing? Is this in a faq somewhere? Because I'm not sure what you mean.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:30 am

Post by Dessew »

If you assume random lynches and don't take PR-math into consideration, you can compute what are the winning chances. Normally games are scumsided, so it's suboptimal for town to lynch randomly. As for the computing: if lynches are random, the chance of hitting scum at the beginning pf the game is 2/7 etc, just to give an example.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:58 am

Post by Bitmap »

@Mod: Asking for replacement
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:11 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

So your math is factored on people being random...not good math, people follow preprogramed behavioral actions based on input and stimuli.
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:14 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

Also I have yet to see anything saying Twilight is scummy...only the recent trend being "Why the hell not".
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:51 am

Post by T S O »

In post 173, Acidic_TACO wrote:
In post 172, T S O wrote:Starting this damn game up instead of you being useless!

"Falling back into obscurity" = you going back to posting fluff/not posting.
Falling back into obscurity isn't the right term to use.

If you want the game to pick up, do something that'll kick off a conversation/argument/dialog. Making yourself look like scum will make people think you are scum thus getting lynched off...and I'm really thinking you are scum at this point. You haven't tried to counter any of my points yet.
Your "points?" You barely know what a point is. You looked at my ISO, quoted
everything
and changed it into the most objective terms possible. That's not a case, that's you trying to find a scumspect and twisting far too hard.
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:14 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

In post 196, T S O wrote:
In post 173, Acidic_TACO wrote:
In post 172, T S O wrote:Starting this damn game up instead of you being useless!

"Falling back into obscurity" = you going back to posting fluff/not posting.
Falling back into obscurity isn't the right term to use.

If you want the game to pick up, do something that'll kick off a conversation/argument/dialog. Making yourself look like scum will make people think you are scum thus getting lynched off...and I'm really thinking you are scum at this point. You haven't tried to counter any of my points yet.
Your "points?" You barely know what a point is. You looked at my ISO, quoted
everything
and changed it into the most objective terms possible. That's not a case, that's you trying to find a scumspect and twisting far too hard.
My points (not reposting my post summarizing it instead)
1. A post that seemingly had bait to make me look like scum
2. Strange relationship to Teddy (might have played together in the past, nothing of real interest but including it here for my OCD)
3. Your wanting to kill someone off quickly
4. The unnessisary compromise lynch vote
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:34 am

Post by T S O »

In post 168, Acidic_TACO wrote:
In post 104, T S O wrote:No, someone counterclaiming is the correct play here and has far more positives than benefits.
At the moment a counter claim personaly would scream scum so I would most likly attack them, then I would look like scum trying to defend myself putting me in a bad situation.
This is you misrepresenting me. It would not make you "look like scum" if someone counterclaimed. It would make it into either a you-or-them, in which a scum is confirmed lynched either d1 or d2. This is a horrific trade-off for scum, basic theory. It is not me putting you in a bad position, it is me making the correct play for town.
In post 84, T S O wrote:
Vote: TeedyKay

Never try to lynch an uncountered PR claim d1. You're from '11. You know this.
So, nothing here.
In post 122, T S O wrote:No, Teddy is very readable.
This could mean nothing but it seems like theres more to this...not sure what it is but I'm sure its nothing and I'm just seeing things that aren't there.
So you quote it, think there's something wrong, realise there's not and still quote it?
In post 125, T S O wrote:There's no pacing plan, but as of now I have nothing to work with. That's it.
Not seeing much from you other then posts like this, impatient? Eager? I dunno, I ain't in your head.
Of course I'm impatient, we have 9 pages. 9. Pages. I've been in games with 40 pages on day 1 alone!
In post 165, T S O wrote:
Vote: RachMarie

We need a new day for some momentum. This is a compromise lynch of a useless player.
Thats harsh...not the vote but the insult you threw in with it.

From all I've been looking at no one else is really implying heavily scum other then one other...thats for later however.

VOTE: T S O
Do you think Rach is being in any way helpful by hard lurking?

More to the point, you don't seem to think this is scummy, you seem to dislike it because I added an insult.

As I said before, there is quite literally nothing here implicating me in any way.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:51 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

drmyshotgun has been prodded
Last edited by DoctorPepper on Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”