Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:08 pm

Post by 50 Shades of Purple »

In post 193, Agent Minnesota wrote:
In post 189, PranaDevil wrote:
So... I'm 100% up for voting any of the above three.
I also really don't like this.
Good observation; it is weird that prana developed three early game reads and made no attempt to distinguish between them.
Cabd: Does Home Freakin Depot sell sex toys alongside the hardware or something? Because all we have here in California is plain old Home Depot.
Bert: Home Depot sells beef jerky! Hot damn!
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:09 pm

Post by morph the cat »

I thought the posts about t-bone being opportunistic in the early game were wrong. My only complaint is that he never picked back up activity after the holiday. But school is a thing.
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:13 pm

I think town.
Cabd: Does Home Freakin Depot sell sex toys alongside the hardware or something? Because all we have here in California is plain old Home Depot.
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:14 pm

can you explain what posts of porkens looks scummy?
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:15 pm

In post 576, caledfwitch wrote:I am back in a blaze of glory (and later lurking because of a busy schedule) with Caled's ISO InfographicTM:

Spoiler:

Prana and Spyrex are at around the same level as Parama and notscience respectively. Pie kid is pieceofpecanpie but obviously there was no space for that.

At the end of the day, Porkens is confusing, notscience sounds like a poor tsun-tsun who wants everyone else in the game-senpai to notice him, Pasch is now a martyr and this game is the biggest clusterfuck ever.

VOTE: 50 Shades
This is town, yeah.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:17 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 848, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:do you have any thoughts on it?
Literally haven't read much of it.

I think it's you two just confirming the information needed for reads, no?
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:21 pm

In post 145, Desperado wrote:I can see Prana and Porkens sitting at their computer, firing up their town role PM, and then coming in here and just shooting the shit like they don't have a care in the world. It's awesome.
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:22 pm

In post 295, evilpacman18 wrote:Reading... I see Pasch is largest wagon. Typical D1 fare, he's probably town.
This is the opposite of opportunism when PAC has serious opportunism as scum. I liked this post.
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:23 pm

In post 855, Hiraki wrote:

no
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:24 pm

I generally like his posting, in fact. What are your problems with him, morph?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:25 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 71, Porkens wrote:Piece: Yeah.

T-Bone: My socioeconomic background and education don’t preclude othering by peers.

I’m townreading Parama.

Notscience: I’m betting the songs figure in to the mechanics of the game. I have a feeling, and it’s just a feeling, that the songs being outed would more likely benefit town, so I’m leaning towards it being ok if we claimed flavor now. I have…suspicions about certain song-related mechanics based on what we have seen already….It should be interesting!

I don’t get scumread from Pasch challenge to NS.

I’m not liking piece’s chainsaw on Garruk and then backpeddling.

I think aggression early in day 1 is good play for both town and scum. So that’s null as far as I’m concerned. In my opinion/experience, it’s much less about who is being aggressive and much more about how the aggresse responds. One of Garruk’s heads (the first one…Nat?) isn’t responding townily. The other one is slightly better, but still relies on meta and a has bit of self-contradiction (in and between posts). I want more pressure to see if the egg really cracks.

I’m noting inflatablePie’s BWing.

SpyreX is as SpyreX does, oh lord.

Beast Within: Garruk Relentless

Vote: Garruk Relentless

P.S. We never had Hydras that I can remember back when I played before…I think I need to treat you guys as single entities.
I didn't like this post for a couple of reasons. He comments on not liking Pie's chainsaw on Garruk, which suggests Pie's the scum of the pair, and then votes Garruk
In post 87, Porkens wrote:A verdict of scum has yet to be rendered, but the suspect is charged with the following crimes:

1. Wriggling like a fish in the first degree.
2. Meta defense AKA "You would trust me if you
knrew
Internet."
3. Why me = Fry me
4. Multiple counts of misdemeanor AtE
5. At least three counts of OMGUS

Now, I'm willing to settle out of court if the defense can show signs of rehabilitation. Otherwise, The state will proceed with indictment and seek the death penalty.
This post was one of the ones I had in mind when I mentioned the study of site meta over time. The list of reasons to vote Garruk are by "modern" standards kinda lazy and perfunctory. I made a mental note though, because for all I know they'd be perfunctory 5 years ago too.
In post 528, Porkens wrote:
Parama
Formerfish
Generic

Desperado
50 Shades of Purple
Hiraki
evilpacman18
SpyreX
M45t1n

Garruk Relentless
T-Bone
Agent Minnesota
notscience

Mastermind of Sin
caledfwitch

Paschendale

PranaDevil
pieceofpecanpie
Maenara

(
VIGPLZ
)

Old Business

Generic is my pet town this game, I think. I just shake my head at scum behaving this way. Don't overlook the underline, though.

PranaDevil hasn’t done much, and that’s a problem. There is much more scummy scum out there, but it's hard for me to let someone lurk out of pressure.

New Business

Maenara 357 (“Why did you read on me change nooooo”), 375 (“You can’t vote me, I’m voting YOU!!”) and 400 (“OMFGFOMFOGOFMGO”), and 477 (“IMA JUMPIN ON THE WAGON”) are scum posts.

MoS’s jump onto the Generic wagon wasn’t as bad as his other jump (although I’m not sure what the votecount at that point was).

I’m wavering on Garruk. Their apathy bothers me.

Like Desperado. 371 is right up my ally.

Pecan is so god damn scummy, jesus.

BERK?!…I don’t like Pasch in 409, that’s for sure. Oh, and that hop in 525 is also terrible.

Caledblah.

Correspondance

@50 Shades about 334:
I think it’s problematic because it’s a stream of consciousness, rather than a summary read. I don’t think it’s particularly scummy. And even if it is, there are scummier wagon hops out there.

@Mastin:
I’ll just say that what I liked about 316 was the tone of the last paragraph.

@Everyone:
Can we please return to the idea of claiming our songs? I'm actually really interested in doing that. I know some people have claimed outright, and I should make a list, but others have just hinted. Are people cool with a massongcliam or not?
This post, the main thing that jumped out at me was the pecanpie read. I had a really strong town read this time so the scumread here clanged.
In post 824, Porkens wrote:I don't have a ton of time right now.

Unvote: Morphcat
Much more believably town than PranaDevil, so I'm fine right now.

Deciding between Micc and Pieceofpecanpie is hard, because while PoPP has been more scummy by volume, what little I've seen from the Maneara/Micc slot has simply reeked.

Vote: Pieceofpecanpie
But more evidence is more evidence.

For those of you critisizing and scumerizing my vig requests: I don't ask for Christmas presents that I could buy for myself.
When I read this post, the first thing I thought was "FoS scumbuddy, Vote town". Wasn't at all surprised to see your vote when I moved to the next page during our convo.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:26 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 859, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:I generally like his posting, in fact. What are your problems with him, morph?
Who are you talking about here?
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:27 pm

Why Desperado so town?

Petit: EPM
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:30 pm

Why didn't fake Mastin read on pecanpie bother you?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:32 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 858, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:
In post 855, Hiraki wrote:

no
Aww, you're just saying that so I read it!
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:33 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 862, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:Why Desperado so town?
I liked his early posts a lot. He was right in the middle of some of the flashpoints, and I felt like he was defusing some of them, pulling people I thought were townies off each other and generally doing stuff to cut down on activities that scum usually like to see more of in games.

In every case where I disagreed with a post of his, when I went back looked at whatever it referenced more closely, I came away thinking he was more right than I was.
Petit: EPM
That's one player I really want data from now that he's said he can participate more. In a better mood, I would have probably put him in the next group up.
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:33 pm

Chain sawing means both are scum.
They are weak reasons. They are very old meta weak reasons.
His reads are pretty close to where yours are, but no town read?
FoS scumbuddy, vote town isn't something that excites me all that much.
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:34 pm

why isn't caled higher in the high town sphere since I was so dumb in voting them morph
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:34 pm

In post 866, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:Chain sawing means both are scum.
They are weak reasons. They are very old meta weak reasons.
His reads are pretty close to where yours are, but no town read?
FoS scumbuddy, vote town isn't something that excites me all that much.
Response to porkens case.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:35 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 863, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:Why didn't fake Mastin read on pecanpie bother you?
Because for the bulk of what he's posted I can see where he's coming from or agree with him.
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:35 pm

In post 282, Formerfish wrote:Notes from my read through, I'll have a reads list soon.
In post 21, pieceofpecanpie wrote:You're doing a lot of finger-pointing Parama. It seems mostly based on the arbitrary premise of whoever combo-breaks your Queen lyrics is scum.Do you have any serious thoughts on Garruk, or am I to take it that two stupid things (combo breaking and RVS self-vote) somehow add up to scumminess?
This is during the RVS phase, why does he need to have a reason to vote for anyone at this point? Why are you so interested in his reasoning to vote someone at that point? Especially when it wasn’t you. You defend your post in #41 saying that you just question his ability to make a read at that point and that it is assuming that you have a town read on him. If you don’t have a town read on him then why are you defending him?

Parama- I like your #27 a lot, I hope to see more of that in my read through. Not disappointed with #35.

Mastermind of Sin- I like you for #47, and for your reference to Starship Troopers. #85- to me a bandwagon vote would be one that doesn’t have much backing to it, that doesn’t seem to be what Porkens is doing. In #94 you even go so far to accuse Porkens of justifying his vote
too[/i/] much, when everyone else was just going for a wagon ride. You claim he is reaching in his read, but why the fuck should you care who he is reading as scum?

Spy- I can dig your reads in #52, mirrors my own thinking to that point. How do I get listed as probably scum in #200?

Garruk- Not your biggest fan as it seems. I suppose it could be a difference in gameplay style, or that you’re scum. I will figure it out soon. Very concerned with a limited number of votes, your interaction with Spy, and the way you lay out the meta for how the rest of the player list will interact with you are 3 things that ping scummy to me. I also dislike the posts you make where you blankly identify scum. If you want to seem more townie, make some semblance of a fucking case instead of pointing like a retarded monkey. Don’t like your accusation against Mollie, you should feel bad for even suggesting it.

Porkens- #71 is a strong town post in my eyes. I like the call out on Piece’s chainsaw and subsequent reaction to pressure on it. Also, you have a beautiful full head of hair. I enjoyed reading #87 quite a bit ‘cause you’re so good at talking smack.

Pasch- #88 was a pretty accurate depiction of my view point as well. The misrep from MoS is pretty bad.

Generic- Out of curiosity how old are you irl? Also, is your band Prodigy? Not sure where you get the idea that scum are inexperienced, that seems like a bit of a leap in logic. Where did this idea even come from? You vote notscience for a self vote, when other people self voted before him. What gives? #192 is horrible. Like shitting yourself on the first date with the love of your life horrible. You do seem to make up for it by actually sticking around and not disappearing like you said. I am coming around on you now (I’m at post #252 now).

Fake Mast- I want to murder your face. Not in a town-scum kinda way, but in the oh my god I want you dead kinda way.
This was a lot of content early, strong opening.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:36 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 867, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:why isn't caled higher in the high town sphere since I was so dumb in voting them morph
The first group is what I consider my townbloc. Players I'd want to agree with or have consensus with. Caled hasn't put nearly enough into the game for me to care if she's voting with me.
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:38 pm

#579 was strongly town. Former fish town.
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:40 pm

In post 871, morph the cat wrote:
In post 867, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:why isn't caled higher in the high town sphere since I was so dumb in voting them morph
The first group is what I consider my townbloc. Players I'd want to agree with or have consensus with. Caled hasn't put nearly enough into the game for me to care if she's voting with me.
I didn't get that since you put caled in the mebbe category

I mean if you think I am being dumb with a vote on some1 who you think is town shouldn't the town person be in you town category regardless of a bloc and not ImagemebbeImage
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:41 pm

Garruk town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”