Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:31 pm

Post by Marquis »

bert if I'm scum explain to me why i would gambit claim hider, then claim cop

literally nothing i am doing makes sense as scum. you're voting me because you're only looking at today (omg this happened before somewhere) and not even bothering to reason out why i would do what i did yesterday

i'm fairly sure most cop claims are legit and how you're using "desperado did this before as scum" makes no sense if you have to also be thinking "marquis and desperado play the exact same way and therefore marquis can only be doing this as scum"
link in bio
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:32 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Why would you? For a free mislynch? Same as any other cop gambit, Marquis.
Except for some reason you expect us to believe a gambit inside of another gambit.
Because that's totally reasonable.
Die, scum.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:39 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 1161, Bert wrote:Strongest scumread right now - every single step Marq took reminds me too much of fuzzybutternut, my scumbuddy from Mini 1462. I can't shake that off. Plus he's acting weird.

Confirm Vote: Marquis
In post 1246, Bert wrote:Marquis was going to be dead today, after Sakura, so this might be Despwrado-tracker gambit from Castle again...
In post 1274, Marquis wrote:ok wow this is really stupid and ssk is scum too ofc

bert don't be dumb and please read my reasons why i am town
Um. Read what? how you were super scummy? how I've thought you were scum since yesterday? How I preferred your lynch over Sakura but compromised? How my scumpartners in past games have done the exact same gambits/claim patterns you have??

Day 1 - tracker came out just like Fuzzy did some super fake hesitating claim as scum

Day 2 - same thing Desperado did in Castle mafia, Daystart - #1 likeliest to be lynched, so gambits by claiming guilty on tracker

Um no.

Die scum.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:40 pm

Post by Marquis »

"hi i'm marquis and since town tracker ssk found out that i targeted geists and only geists last night meaning i am a regular scum with no other special powers.

i might as well reveal now that i claimed 2-shot hider as regular scum goon just for the lolz when i wasn't previously being scumread at all.

i mean it's not like sakura had a town jk fakeclaim ready at any time when she was really mafia jk.

and of course edgeworth must be in the game due to his importance like phoenix and likely maya

also of course edgeworth who is an inherently good character unlike damon gant is scum

so yes, i am marquis who is also miles edgeworth the scum cop. and i pulled all of this crazy shit just because i'm scum not playing to my win condition"

innocent until proven guilty. and slimer and mafiassk are proven guilty.
link in bio
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:41 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 1275, Marquis wrote:i'm fairly sure most cop claims are legit and how you're using "desperado did this before as scum" makes no sense if you have to also be thinking "marquis and desperado play the exact same way and therefore marquis can only be doing this as scum"
Gut scum.

Scum-motivation in your posts, reminds me metaphorically of my past scumbuddies. Anyway, enjoy your lynch.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:42 pm

Post by Marquis »

also if you're seriously believing mafiassk just on name/experience comparison alone which is what it looks like right now that is even dumber
link in bio
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:44 pm

Post by Bert »

Nope, it's funny that you mention that because I don't know SSK and this has nothing to do with that. I actually had never heard his name before, so good luck with that point.

And we don't even know if you're Edgeworth, so bad point there too. Minus minus.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:46 pm

Post by Bert »

Also, your "don't be dumb Bert" are the worst things to say if you want to convince anyone of anything

nice appeal though
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:47 pm

Post by Bert »

Also, KA the loophole in your plan is if Marquis were a bulletproof SK, then scum couldn't kill him, and Marquis wouldn't know who to kill. Also, in my last game with SK + Mafia, one of the Mafia was bulletproof, so there's that too.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:49 pm

Post by Marquis »

that pretty much translates to "we're not 100% sure you're a good character so therefore you must 100% surely be a bad character"

pedit oh i'm sorry i offended you but to tell the truth your paranoia is actually really dumb

pedit 2 part of the reason i hate meta things and site history stuff is because people have this silly tendency to say things like "well it happened last time so it's clearly happening this time too"
link in bio
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:52 pm

Post by Bert »

No, those are my experiences with how scum use tactics to try to win, and you remind me of my experiences seeing scum by my side doing the same thing firsthand.
In post 1229, geists wrote:
In post 1227, Bert wrote:What bothers me is how hard it is during this game to get a decent sized wagon of any kind going against Marquis, whereas Sakura's wagon just ballooned to lynch -2.
Marquis tomorrow. Get rid of roleblockers today.
In post 1229, geists wrote: Marquis tomorrow. Get rid of roleblockers today.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:54 pm

Post by Marquis »

but you see bert, i'm willing to get you to think logically. we can start with you quoting the main posts that convey all of my true scum motivation

pedit oooooh geists wanted to lynch me ooooooooooooooooooooh i killed her because of it oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh i didn't think you would notice

literally everything i have to say now is sarcastic because i am just that flabbergasted by your tunnelvision.
link in bio
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:54 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 1138, Cabd wrote:
In post 1136, Marquis wrote:as scum why would i do it with the risk of mac actually being part of another scumteam, not allowing me to assume he's automatically town since he's not with me? basically i hid behind mac last night. i didn't die. if i was scum faking that it'd be a huge risk especially with, bar scum vig, another scum floating around that could destroy my claim with an inopportune flip
Holy fuck why is everything you say so fucking scummy?

Like you're entirely leaving out the potential for a vig hiding in the VT claims why? You're immediately assuming mutiball?
Scummy.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:55 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 1286, Marquis wrote:but you see bert, i'm willing to get you to think logically. we can start with you quoting the main posts that convey all of my true scum motivation

pedit oooooh geists wanted to lynch me ooooooooooooooooooooh i killed her because of it oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh i didn't think you would notice

literally everything i have to say now is sarcastic because i am just that flabbergasted by your tunnelvision.
Your appeal to emotion is pretty poorly constructed IMHO.

How about you stop arguing about how town you look, and instead present cases as to why you are town AGAIN.

And write things that aren't easy to write and flooded with AtE.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by Bert »

Oh, and a scum case on SSK while you're at it, and also show where Slimer agreed with you and made you investigate her. Sarcastic like that when you're on the chopping block? Takes a lot of nerve.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:01 pm

Post by Marquis »

well let's see

notice how everyone now is like "ok there's mafia plus sk probably" which is more than i even assumed. me being the first one to point out that vigi would be ridiculous doesn't make me scum

me as scum: assume vigi because i know my scumteam is overpowered
me as town: assume multiball because there's a heck of a lot of legit-looking pr claims

pedit oh ok i can show you those

where slimer agreed with me:
In post 1236, theslimer3 wrote:
In post 1065, Bert wrote: So Slimer, how would you describe your own play so far this game as compared to our last game together in Mentor/Mentee?
Well in the previous game I couldn't find a read. In this one, I can't catch this game without 4-6 pages inbetween. So I'd say a big difference.

But what I can say is
In post 1092, Marquis wrote:but it's really going to suck because she probably isn't.

Miles Edgeworth, 2-shot Town Hider. Mac's clean
This
In post 1131, Marquis wrote:
In post 1091, Marquis wrote:really hoping sakura is town
UNVOTE:

and this is what i wanted to do

i want sakura and i to target the same person.

sakura town, target town: target and i die, lynch sakura. we live, sakura either town or scum lets me find another conftown
sakura town, target scum: i die alone. lynch the target
sakura scum, target town: well if scum decides to kill my target we know who to lynch
sakura scum, target scum: i die i guess. still lynch the target

and now i go back to my paper. finals smh

of course i'm hoping GIF is using hide > roleblock tho since it really depends on mod
and this

Doesn't seem like scum kuniving. Looks more town strategizing to me. Tell me how I'm wrong if you'd think so.
also i inspected him/her for the fact that he was quiet for 200+ posts while i was getting tunneled, but easily defended me after the hammer was placed on sakura. asshole

as for ssk, i don't have a scum case on him/her but they're lying through their teeth in an attempt to mislynch. there is nothing gambity about that at all and so it is scum :)
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:02 pm

Post by Marquis »

(hint: i think slimer was hoping to whiteknight me today but there's no chance of that working out for him now lol)
link in bio
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:04 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 1111, Marquis wrote:i'm going to leave because i have a 7 page essay due in 5 hours. any other grasping you want to do for me being scum

pedit oh my god. i just said. i was leaning gut town on mac so i wanted to confirm it rather than risk pie, who seemed like he would die cuz universal townread, or risk on a scummier player
Terrible-sounding, contrived-sounding reason. Now you're changing your claim and excusing your past claim by saying you're really a cop. Yet yesterday you were the one screeching at us to think logically about how your claim is town.
In post 1286, Marquis wrote:i am just that flabbergasted by your tunnelvision.
You tunnel a lot, and to ask that I think logically when a lot of your reads are gut-based and having little logic whatsoever (just like mine), that's not really a comment you're ripe to make in this dicey situation.
In post 1284, Marquis wrote:that pretty much translates to "we're not 100% sure you're a good character so therefore you must 100% surely be a bad character"
all-or-nothing situations - not really conducive to town motivation, and more like misrepresentation.
In post 1275, Marquis wrote:i'm fairly sure most cop claims are legit
worst point of the day, bar none. Sweeping generalizations, great stuff

In post 1146, Bert wrote:The way you are expecting us just to believe you and not question it does not feel like town.

The way you are now saying there are less confirmable claims out there, and thus you should not be the focus of the attention, does not feel like town. the way you explained that you wouldn't do this as scum with regard to claiming, because of the possibility of a TEAM (a TEAM??? Multiball? That's the best reason you can come up with??)
In post 1111, Marquis wrote:i'm going to leave because i have a 7 page essay due in 5 hours. any other grasping you want to do for me being scum
This is a super scummy thing to say. You (1) shoot down anything other people say about you being scum, (2) act all arrogant and end on an indignant note (which is really scummy) - you shut yourself out of discussions that way, you shut down in front of us, that is really scummy.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:05 pm

Post by Bert »

Also, Marquis I would like a reads list and why people are town.

You wanna convince me or anyone else that SSK and Slimer are scum? Make statements then.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:08 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 1290, Marquis wrote:also i inspected him/her for the fact that he was quiet for 200+ posts while i was getting tunneled, but easily defended me after the hammer was placed on sakura. asshole

as for ssk, i don't have a scum case on him/her but they're lying through their teeth in an attempt to mislynch. there is nothing gambity about that at all and so it is scum :)
(1) And yet you didn't mention any indication of why you thought she was scummy yesterday?

(2) nothing gambity = scum? So scum don't gambit?? No....
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:16 pm

Post by Marquis »

I'm not home anymore so I will be sure to comment on your cherry picking and inability to look at the big picture later
In the meantime slimmer and ask stop mysteriously disappearing, get back in here, and back me up on how much townier I am than you two
link in bio
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:20 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 1295, Marquis wrote:I'm not home anymore so I will be sure to comment on your cherry picking and inability to look at the big picture later
What a wonderful world when scummy things being called out is interpreted as cherry picking! Lol.

Really, your inability to see how scummy you are when things have been pointed out is a huge red flag. Instead, flicking it back at us like we're donks and you're logical and we should be more logical.... that is a terrible objective thing to do
In post 908, Marquis wrote:did you guys not see my post it was a pro

mac is still town btw. he replaces pie for me <3
Yeah, copping Mac when you think he's town after D1 is pretty sketchy.
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:25 pm

Post by KingdomAces »

My reasoning around that was if Marquis is SK, then he has no way of knowing that Slimer is town, so there's a decent chance we'd be lynching scum anyway. If SSK is town though, then that implies that Marquis is likely the SK, because I think that it's usually the Mafia that kills the Doctor, and the SK that goes for someone else.

If Marquis is town, the Mafia are Slimer/SSK, which means Kalimar is probably SK.
If SSK is town, then Marquis is SK and the remaining mafia is two of Slimer/Kalimar/Mac. The fact that I think Marquis was the only person who thought that Pie was a universal townread despite being one of the major wagons of D1 supports this as well.

It looks like I'm going to need to do some rereading afterall. Meanwhile Marquis, could you give flavor explanation for EdgeworthCop? I didn't question it before since it makes far more sense than tracker, but it doesn't seem quite as well aligned as everything else seems to be for the moment.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:32 pm

Post by Bert »

For the record, I wanted to IC-rize you because Ffery/Nat saw something in your play that led them to believe you were the SK, and I wasn't leaning town or scum on you...

I'm guessing your passive PR didn't yield any useful results we need to know.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:32 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

bump
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”