Micro 269: See Nine Minus Minus (Game Over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:09 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Votecount 1.07

[L-3] Stuffed Crust - Bulbazak, TierShift
[L-3] Bulbazak - FuDuzn, Titus
[L-4] Obscurity - BBmolla
[L-4] BBmolla - Obscurity

Not voting: CherryDrPepper, Stuffed Crust, Venrob

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is Friday, December 27 at 4:00 PM CST ((expired on 2013-12-27 16:00:00)).

---

I am still seeking a replacement for Venrob.

CherryDrPepper is V/LA until the end of Monday.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:37 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

The Silver Bard is replacing Venrob! I will get his Role PM sent and he can post as soon as he receives it!
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:16 pm

Post by The Silver Bard »

Hi guys. Will read through and start posting when I am back from work this evening.
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:28 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

Hey Silver Bard. I haven't played with you before (as far as I know), so this should be interesting.

-V
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:45 am

Post by CherryDrPepper »

Well im default townreading silver bard for the time being based on Venrob's replace out as it felt really townish to me.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:32 am

So after reading through the game I got a townread on BBmolla, Bulbazak and Stuffed Crust.

And I am scumreading TierShift and Obscurity. The reads are basically gut reads, or in other words how I feel their posts.

TierShifts posts seems strange to me, and I get an unnatural feel to how he plays. His and feels overly defensive and his feels very made up, I don't see why he ffels the need to comment on bbmolla in such a generic way, and I don't see what good his question at Obscurity will do, it just feels forced to me.

Obscurity's two posts seems very strange to me. I don't like either one of them. His first post feels like he is trying to hard to be funny and easygoing. His second post is the same, while not providing any content. He is also lurking hardcore. I am ok with lynching both as of now. But I think Obscurity is the best one, as TierShift at least is posting and will probably doom himself if he is scum.

VOTE: Obscurity
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:45 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 179, CherryDrPepper wrote:Well im default townreading silver bard for the time being based on Venrob's replace out as it felt really townish to me.
Agreed
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:39 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

@Silver: I'm a bit skeptical that you hop in the game, town-read me and BBM (my other town read), then proceed to bring cases against two of my scum-reads (that exist in separate pools, too). I guess I'm reading too much into it, but it feels like a calculated maneuver to make, especially since I'm on the precipice of voting either wagon.

Sometimes, I have to remind myself that not everyone is a Batman villain.
Vote: Obscurity

I'd like Obscurity to get in the game and explain motivation for being on the BBM wagon, which has since deflated and feels pretty scum-motivated.

-V
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:07 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 174, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 173, Titus wrote:A strawman scumread is a scumread that has no substance. Much like a strawman argument but the argument is a scumread.
Me thinks you don't know what a strawman is.
In post 173, Titus wrote: What do you mean that SC isn't engaging. I see questions and responses. Thus your engage is a strawman.
Do you now? I see words but no substance.
No. You are reframing the issue as activity at early game start rather than discussing the context of his posts. Thus, a strawman. If you give content reasons why, I will listen.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:18 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

The context of his posts have been him lying about engaging. He has not been engaging with this game, and then he says I'm acting strangely because I'm suspecting him? Bull crap.

Let's not even get into how crappy his Obscurity vote is.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:19 am

Post by CherryDrPepper »

M gonna catch up tonight because one of my exams is over. Peace.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:24 am

Post by Titus »

In post 184, Bulbazak wrote:The context of his posts have been him lying about engaging. He has not been engaging with this game, and then he says I'm acting strangely because I'm suspecting him? Bull crap.

Let's not even get into how crappy his Obscurity vote is.
I don't feel he is lying. Why don't you want to get into how crappy the Obscurity vote is assuming arguendo that the vote is crappy and that would help your case?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:04 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 186, Titus wrote:Why don't you want to get into how crappy the Obscurity vote is assuming arguendo that the vote is crappy and that would help your case?
Because I was tired and had a lot on my plate. Seriously, you don't see it? He sets himself up to buddy Silver Bard really hard, and then he immediately votes Obscurity after SB had set the momentum for that wagon. That's not a natural progression of thought at all.

Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:32 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

In post 187, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 186, Titus wrote:Why don't you want to get into how crappy the Obscurity vote is assuming arguendo that the vote is crappy and that would help your case?
Because I was tired and had a lot on my plate. Seriously, you don't see it? He sets himself up to buddy Silver Bard really hard, and then he immediately votes Obscurity after SB had set the momentum for that wagon. That's not a natural progression of thought at all.
I don't like people talkin' about me when I'm sitting right here.
Where do I set up to buddy him? If anything, I voice how I'm suspicious of the moves SB made after entering the game.

If you've been following me so far, you'd also know that I've been thinking about putting pressure on folks within my pools for awhile now.
Did Silver's vote influence mine?
Sure did. My vote alone wouldn't have put pressure on Obscurity, but if you combine that with BBM's (Who I am town-reading) and Silver's, then it becomes an L-2 situation where Obscurity has to answer my questions and be transparent about his alignment.

This is called scum-hunting. It's a tactic that's often used in Mafia games in order to better determine someone's alignment before they are lynched. :D

-V
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:38 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 188, Stuffed Crust wrote: I don't like people talkin' about me when I'm sitting right here.
Then why don't you stop sitting on the sidelines and talk to people?
In post 188, Stuffed Crust wrote: Where do I set up to buddy him?
In post 178, Stuffed Crust wrote:Hey Silver Bard. I haven't played with you before (as far as I know), so this should be interesting.

-V
"Welcome to the game! Look how friendly I am!"
In post 182, Stuffed Crust wrote: Sometimes, I have to remind myself that not everyone is a Batman villain.
"I just got done being 'suspicious' of you, but already I'm preparing myself to think of you as town. Let me vote for the person you are and see how this goes."

Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:52 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

I'm talking to you now, aren't I? :D
Also, isn't it a bit awkward to accuse me of not being engaged when there's a good chunk of players in this game who aren't even posting?
Why me, Bulba? Why meeeee?

As for my 178, you're warping my words pretty hard there. "Hey, I haven't played with you before, so this should be interesting" is not "Welcome! I'm friendly!"
Same goes for my 182.
You're significantly misreading what I've written. Words tend to mean exactly what they say.

I think you're just looking for a line of attack. :/

-V
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:19 am

I don't see why anyone would be reading me town from the way Venrob replaced out.
In post 182, Stuffed Crust wrote:@Silver: I'm a bit skeptical that you hop in the game, town-read me and BBM (my other town read), then proceed to bring cases against two of my scum-reads (that exist in separate pools, too). I guess I'm reading too much into it, but it feels like a calculated maneuver to make, especially since I'm on the precipice of voting either wagon.

Sometimes, I have to remind myself that not everyone is a Batman villain.

I'd like Obscurity to get in the game and explain motivation for being on the BBM wagon, which has since deflated and feels pretty scum-motivated.

-V
Why are you skeptical towards me having some of the same reads as you (I haven't gone back and checked this, but if you say it is so it most likely is since I am townreeading you)?
Do you consider it a possibility that I am scum who read you as the most obvious town, and therefor chose to "copy" your reads?
Does it reflect your confidence in your reads? Meaning: You aren't all that confident in your reads?
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:27 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

I'm confident in my reads, but paranoid that you're scum trying to take advantage of that.
I've got fairly large pools as far as my current scum-reads go. It'd be easy for scum to sweep in and push a solid case on one of my incorrect reads in a pool, then set me up for a mislynch later.

That said, I felt that voting Obscurity was the right move regardless of your alignment. I want to pressure the slot. I want Obscurity to answer my questions in 182.
If you're scum, then there's no way that the rest of your team could hammer out the slot at L-2 without it being super obvious.
If you're town, then you're genuinely making a push and noticing similar tells that I am, which makes me more confident in my read.

-V
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:34 am

Since you are around. How do you read Bulbazak's push on you? And how do you feel about the fact that his vote have been on you for the entire game?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:36 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 190, Stuffed Crust wrote:I'm talking to you now, aren't I? :D
Also, isn't it a bit awkward to accuse me of not being engaged when there's a good chunk of players in this game who aren't even posting?
Because your scumhunting is substandard compared to what I'd expect coming from you. Fu is probably scum. And Obscurity is just not active, which is not alignment indicative in the slightest. That makes this an opportunistic push on a lurker slot, which makes your vote even more suspect.

TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:38 am

Post by TierShift »

Stuffed Crust I don't like you calling me out on my two instances of sheeping and then later sheeping one of these wagons. What has changed?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:39 am

In post 194, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 190, Stuffed Crust wrote:I'm talking to you now, aren't I? :D
Because your scumhunting is substandard compared to what I'd expect coming from you. Fu is probably scum. And Obscurity is just not active, which is not alignment indicative in the slightest. That makes this an opportunistic push on a lurker slot, which makes your vote even more suspect.
Why is Fu probably scum?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:39 am

In post 195, TierShift wrote:Stuffed Crust I don't like you calling me out on my two instances of sheeping and then later sheeping one of these wagons. What has changed?
Got any comments on how I read you?
Obscurity
Obscurity
Goon
Obscurity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:42 am

Post by Obscurity »

unvote

That wagon wasn't going anywhere anyway.
Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
~~ Napoleon Bonaparte
CherryDrPepper
CherryDrPepper
Goon
CherryDrPepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:44 am

Post by CherryDrPepper »

That one wasn't, this one is

Haven't synched up with DP but my gut feels good about this vote