Micro 276 Peek a Boo! Mafia GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:19 am

Post by Majiffy »

Also I've given arguments for why picking up the PM if you suspect you are scum can be considered a good move despite the end of bonuses.

Picking up the role PM isn't alignment-indicative, so saying that they'll be drawing everyone's suspicion is silly.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:20 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 474, Majiffy wrote: But what if he picked up his PM and
WAS SCUM ANYWAY?

Why do you ignore this possibility?
In post 472, Wisdom wrote: I do not rule that out, but I find this the least likely scenario unlike you and ETL for some reason do.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:22 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 469, Majiffy wrote:You still have no argument against Om being the killer.
Is there even an argument for me being the killer?
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:22 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 475, Majiffy wrote:Also I've given arguments for why picking up the PM if you suspect you are scum can be considered a good move despite the end of bonuses.
Okay. I do not agree with your arguments.
Picking up the role PM isn't alignment-indicative, so saying that they'll be drawing everyone's suspicion is silly.
Do you disagree that everyone's attention is on Om because he did that? Would anyone care about him had he not read his role PM?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:22 am

Post by Majiffy »

:facepalm:
Ok well whatever you say Wisdom.

I guess if we're just going to argue over opinions there's no point in playing. I'm going to the bar now.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:24 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 477, Om of the Nom wrote:
In post 469, Majiffy wrote:You still have no argument against Om being the killer.
Majiffy's (and ETL's, I think) argument is that you are more likely to be the killer because you read your role PM. They don't think someone attempting to shoot someone in the assumption they might be scum is that likely.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:25 am

Post by Majiffy »

We (ETL and I) don't think it's likely scum was just blindly shooting instead of playing pro-town, which means scum probably knew they were scum before the night ended. Which would leave just you, having picked up your role PM.
Wisdom wrote: Do you disagree that everyone's attention is on Om because he did that? Would anyone care about him had he not read his role PM?
I do disagree that everyone's attention is on Om because he picked up his role PM. I think the reason everyone's attention is on him is because of his lack of a night action, his Neighbor claim which is not alignment indicative either way, and the happening of a night kill on a dead vig.

||
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:26 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

I'm just mad that nobody is crediting me for correctly predicting the fact that potentially fatal night actions would be used against me (which is why I read my role PM in the first place).
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:26 am

Post by Majiffy »

For example; had there been no kill, and he had claimed something like gunsmith, he probably wouldn't have anyone looking at him.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:27 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 482, Om of the Nom wrote:I'm just mad that nobody is crediting me for correctly predicting the fact that potentially fatal night actions would be used against me (which is why I read my role PM in the first place).
I don't understand your circular logic.

Night actions point to the person who knew their alignment -> I picked up my role PM to stop night actions from pointing at me

??

||
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:28 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 481, Majiffy wrote:
We (ETL and I) don't think it's likely scum was just blindly shooting instead of playing pro-town, which means scum probably knew they were scum before the night ended. Which would leave just you, having picked up your role PM.
You don't think it's likely but Jingle did exactly the same thing except they weren't successful.

PEDIT: No I didn't want to die without having used a potentially good PR that may have been in my posession. I didn't want to take a shot in the dark and end up failing big time, I wanted to know for sure what I was so that I could use it to the best of my ability before I died.

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:28 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 481, Majiffy wrote:I do disagree that everyone's attention is on Om because he picked up his role PM. I think the reason everyone's attention is on him is because of his lack of a night action, his Neighbor claim which is not alignment indicative either way, and the happening of a night kill on a dead vig.
Would he claim neighbor/no action had he not read his role PM?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:43 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 470, Wisdom wrote:I thought uctriton is more likely than ETL because of the way ETL claimed her investigation. She quoted uctriton's "I investigated Wisdom" and said "me too", that doesn't look like the way the liar would fakeclaim. I mean, they are already blending in with the investigators, doing it this blatantly is just too much. While uctriton's "lol I also did an investigation (what a surprise!), on Wisdom" looks a lot more like something that might be faked.
Om? Do you disagree with this?
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:44 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

I see your point but I can't forget my gut reads entirely so I'm still weary.

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:48 am

Post by Wisdom »

What exactly is it that makes your gut think it's ETL? Played with her before?
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:51 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

Idk exactly what it is but it's going off big time. No I haven't afaik.

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:57 am

Post by Wisdom »

Well, having played with her, I think her going all illogical and arguing with me like this probably means she is town. Not completely sure she couldn't pull it off as scum, but I don't think so.
And same goes for Majiffy, only in his case I could see him pulling it off as scum much more easily.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:00 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

Scumhunting is about finding the differences in people's play. While everyone may have a different playstyle, the difference is motivation. In this setup, we don't have that. You can't argue about a person's motivation until after they have the opportunity to even have that motivation.

The person with motivation is the one who shot successfully.

Om, for you to say that you think I am lying "because gut" is as bad as if I tried to lynch you yesterday "because gut". I didn't because there was no other evidence to support my gut. Today, we have evidence and I believe it fits you.
Art is cool.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:04 am

Post by Wisdom »

Given he is arguing he thinks you are the shooter/liar, I don't understand how that's relevant.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:11 am

Post by uctriton00 »

I'm not going to read all that entirety of posting

Wisdom, do you have a lot of free time or something? Because damn dude.
"Also the town owes uctriton an apology for throwing him under the bus." - RXK
"I hate whoever shot triton." - Bumi
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:14 am

Post by Wisdom »

This is nothing, believe me.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:30 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Ugh.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:52 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 492, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Om, for you to say that you think I am lying "because gut" is as bad as if I tried to lynch you yesterday "because gut". I didn't because there was no other evidence to support my gut. Today, we have evidence and I believe it fits you.
There's a reason I'm not campaigning for your lynch though, because I really don't feel too strongly about anything to really make a massive move.
The only thing that I know for sure is that I'm town. I can't really scumhunt properly when nobody else knows their alignment except for whoever shot Who.

There really is no evidence at all. You're all making it up. Each situation being presented is pretty much just as plausible as the others (from your PoV, from mine Wisdom is obviously right). It's just a matter of which ones you choose to believe. That's why I'm not trying to defend myself. I'm not going to waste my breath on something I can't defend against because if there's nothing solid to defend against I can't really give solid reasons.

This is what I was going to post at 3AM last night right before the site went down.
@Mod: I think a deadline pause might be in order due to the large amounts of downtime as of late.

MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:08 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 473, Majiffy wrote:
@Mod What happens if two scum submit two different night kills? How do you determine prevalence?

Turns out, it helps to put the closing part of a format tag in.
Just as if two different members submitted two different kills in a QT, the latter action will be the one that is given prevalence.

In post 497, Om of the Nom wrote:
@Mod: I think a deadline pause might be in order due to the large amounts of downtime as of late.
Due to site circumstances, I will allow for a two day extension of the deadline.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:17 pm

Post by Jingle »

Jiffy- the way I see it everyone has two goals. First finding out their alignment and second fulfilling their wincon. I chose the way I did because of the former, not the latter. I now feel fairly confident that I am town. To that end, why are we lynching? The reason scumkills are more threatening than lynches are because they're directed. With Om the only one who knows his alignment, there are decent odds that scum-actions aren't directed. With Om the only one who knows his role, lynches are mostly undirected. A longer game gives us more utility, and with Town>Scum, I find that likely to mean town will benefit more from that.

VOTE: No Lynch

Thank you for assuming I'm stupid though.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”