Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4050 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:59 am

Post by Turkish Van »

So Mala agrees with me on Brian Skies, especially given his approach to LyLo here that also involves him lurking out the early part to see if anyone will give him an opportunity.

Expect the vote shortly, once Mala turns her key as well, so to speak.

--PA
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4051 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:16 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

VOTE: TV

Because I don't think I'm going to find anything to convince me otherwise. TV makes more sense as a scum-partner to me than Unk. If Unk is scum, GG and sorry town.
Unmasked Kit
Unmasked Kit
Goon
Unmasked Kit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4052 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:38 pm

Post by Unmasked Kit »

Going to bed, not hammering.

Will look at this tmr and then have fun (not) figuring out which one of you it actually is.
Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4053 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:59 am

Post by Turkish Van »

UK, I'd strongly suggest you look at the Newbie game I linked before here. The LyLo phase isn't very long and is basically concurrent with this game's.

Consider his interaction with the Trollie wagon. He avoids being associated with it either way, again ducking out and hoping that it happens without him being there or having to comment.

Look at the way the scum team was interacting. Look at his hammer vote on Elyse--first he didn't know it was hammer, then he thought it was L-1 but didn't bother announcing it, then he knew two minutes later that it was hammered.

I realize that we haven't seen eye to eye on basically anything this game. But go back and look at how the scum team tries to protect Brian. It's not as clear as the way the others were all townreading one another, but it's there if you look, especially in the early game. And then Elyse pulls out a surprise!scum read on Brian when she's going down.

Ask what you like; I'll be around for a few hours, but I won't be around in the last couple hours leading up to deadline assuming there's no extension for the site downtime yesterday, and Mala's still mostly V/LA.

VOTE: Brian Skies
The Critic
The Critic
Goon
The Critic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4054 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:49 am

Post by The Critic »

Deadline will be extended until 12/21 due to forum outages.
Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4055 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:14 am

Post by Turkish Van »

In that case, I'll definitely be around to answer questions tonight. Hopefully Mala will be recovered and back as well.

--PA
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4056 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:26 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 4053, Turkish Van wrote:UK, I'd strongly suggest you look at the Newbie game I linked before here. The LyLo phase isn't very long and is basically concurrent with this game's.
You mean where I was busy with exams (and not wanting to read anymore from all the studying I did) and the only person I could have voted in that Lylo phase was Jmo, the person I CC'ed on the previous day? I don't see the connection. The previous day was 5p lylo and I couldn't do anything because Jmo outed a report on me.

What about this game where I made it to Lylo and the first thing I wanted to do was re-read the thread? Even convinced that Maenara was scum, I didn't want to vote because I wanted to double-check game events, remove bias, and make sure I'm not on the wrong track. At the very least, I wanted to make a vote I could live with, same thing here. Or this game where I wasn't sure who it was in Lylo and needed a re-read of the thread (I made some terrible posting and got lynched for it pretty quickly). It was just delayed here because I've been kind of of out of it recently. But I generally abuse the early part of deadlines anyways, and my activity recently hasn't been very good (I've already gotten mislynched for it recently in a game that's already ended).
In post 4053, Turkish Van wrote:Consider his interaction with the Trollie wagon. He avoids being associated with it either way,
again ducking out and hoping that it happens without him being there or having to comment
This is bullshit. I supported the wagon, stated so, and would have hammered him if Mac didn't. I was just waiting to see if Mac wanted further discussion or if Trollie could change his tune.
In post 4053, Turkish Van wrote:But go back and look at how the scum team tries to protect Brian.
When have they tried to protect me? Better yet, when have I even been in any danger that I actually do need protecting?
In post 4053, Turkish Van wrote:And then Elyse pulls out a surprise!scum read on Brian when she's going down.
As far as OMGUS is concerned, why wouldn't she do this to her attackers? She also did it to Marquis and Desp.

As far as why I think it's you (and I no longer have any reason not to at this point), it's the interactions surrounding you and the scum-team. You make a case on me that was decent (and I actually thought you could have been town for it) until you cherry-picked an inactivity statement I made to scum-read me (it wasn't really even a game-related post, just me stating that I was having trouble keeping up). It feels like a lackluster attempt to make a scum-read. But you also have a scum-read on Sven but do nothing about it, he's just kind of there, like you're posturing a bus in case you need to make one. On Day 3, Sven, Elyse, and Waffles were extremely concerned about your activity and the way Sven and Elyse said it makes me think you're their partner. Like they want you to do something without them having to bus you. Sven, particularly, looked upset that he had to bus Elyse based on your contribution. Your activity level and content generation also spikes after all the other scum-team members died. Most of the content you do decide to contribute at this point is in the form of set-up speculation, but I don't understand the basis of some of it. Like, you want to lynch DGB because of some LAL policy? Or you thought Mac's claim was fake (I did believe in Mac's claim, I just thought he could have been scum-aligned) when it couldn't have been with both Mastin and I claimed to have meat pies?

As far as Unk is concerned, I don't understand set-up speculation. But I can actually see the town motivation in Katsuki's posts (Mastin's less so, but I can see it there as well). I can also follow Mastin's logic throughout the game as he makes his reads (even if I disagree/disagreed with some of it). It actually looks like he's been trying to figure out this game. As far as the gladiator coming on Day 3, it makes some sense based on Mastin's suspicions of that slot throughout the game, and it makes some sense that the scum-team could have had a roleblocker (it would fit in with what I'd expect to fill in the JOAT and would explain Mastin's earlier comment about wanting to use his action on N1). I also don't think what happened on Day 2 was planned because I can't find anything in Molla's iso that would have gotten him recruited (there are some things, but they don't seem that obvious) and Waffles reacted in a way that I don't think she was expecting it.
Unmasked Kit
Unmasked Kit
Goon
Unmasked Kit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4057 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by Unmasked Kit »

Read through what you guys said, just got off work heading home right now.
Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4058 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:32 pm

Post by Turkish Van »

Enjoying Brian explaining why UK is town. Also enjoying him explaining why the scum team would be expressing their concern over my activity in-thread if we had daychat available.

mastin2-Katsuki, I'm around.

--PA
Unmasked Kit
Unmasked Kit
Goon
Unmasked Kit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4059 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:13 pm

Post by Unmasked Kit »

In post 4058, Turkish Van wrote:mastin2-Katsuki, I'm around.
Honestly, you're not the one I need to talk to. :P I need to talk our vote over with Kats.
Unmasked Kit
Unmasked Kit
Goon
Unmasked Kit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4060 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:10 pm

Post by Unmasked Kit »

Fucking forum crash.

Yeah I dunno thinking about things though, my gut says brian but head leans TV.
Mastin thinks it's BS though so.

We discussed while boards down and well, sorry if we're wrong...
VOTE: BS
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4061 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:05 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

You guys really bought into her bullshit, didn't you?

It's okay, I deserve to be lynched for what I did the past few days. GG.
The Critic
The Critic
Goon
The Critic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4062 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:54 am

Post by The Critic »

FINAL DAY 7 VOTECOUNT
Turkish Van - 2 (Brian Skies, Unmasked Kit)

Brian Skies - 1 (Turkish Van)

Unmasked Kit

With 3 alive it's 2 to lynch. Deadline is 12/21 at 5PM EST.

Flip on the way.
The Critic
The Critic
Goon
The Critic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4063 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:12 am

Post by The Critic »

I don't understand why people are still performing Fiddler on the Roof. It's a musical that was lame at the time, and just comes off as cultural appropriation now. I imagine that it enjoys its current popularity as a result of Zero Mostel absolutely crushing the role of the protagonist when he was in it (the fact that we have him on video helps) but there's no way this musical would even make it out of a workshop now. Fuckin' old people ruining everything.

Brian Skies [Fiddler on the Roof],
Vanilla Town
, lynched Day 7
The Critic
The Critic
Goon
The Critic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4064 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:25 am

Post by The Critic »

Editor's Note: We regret to inform you that the regular Broadway Critic has been found dead in his apartment. He appears to have drank a horrible mixture of mouthwash and toothpaste until it killed him. He is survived by two cats. A memorial service will be held never.

Unmasked Kit [A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum],
Scum 1-shot Gladiator
, won the game!

turkish van [In the Heights],
Vanilla Town
, lost in the end-game
The Critic
The Critic
Goon
The Critic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4065 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:32 am

Post by The Critic »

Great win, UK! Really fantastic play in the late game.
The Critic
The Critic
Goon
The Critic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4066 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:34 am

Post by The Critic »

Brian SkiesHello, Brian Skies, and welcome to Anything Goes Mafia.

You’ll be performing in
Fiddler on the Roof
today. Show us your best work, or you’ll get terrible reviews, be shut down forever, and no one will remember you. Neat! There are 20 other shows playing right now, each trying to get fame and recognition. For the most part, you’re all working together to try to increase one another’s chances, but there are a few rotten tomatoes out there who are looking to bring the other shows down for their own benefit. Have fun with that!

As
Fiddler on the Roof
, you are a
Vanilla Townie

You win a glorious review (probably), fame (possibly), fortune (don’t make me laugh), and the game (definitely) when all of the rotten shows have been shut down.

Break a leg!
The Acting MethodHello, The Acting Method, and welcome to Anything Goes Mafia.

You’ll be performing in
Avenue Q
today. Show us your best work, or you’ll get terrible reviews, be shut down forever, and no one will remember you. Neat! There are 20 other shows playing right now, each trying to get fame and recognition. For the most part, you’re all working together to try to increase one another’s chances, but there are a few rotten tomatoes out there who are looking to bring the other shows down for their own benefit. Have fun with that!

As
Avenue Q
, you are a
Reporter
. You may target someone each night to determine if they visited someone or not.

You win a glorious review (probably), fame (possibly), fortune (don’t make me laugh), and the game (definitely) when all of the rotten shows have been shut down.

Break a leg!
Angry Frat BROsHello, Angry Frat BROs, and welcome to Anything Goes Mafia.

You’ll be performing in
West Side Story

As
West Side Story
, you are a
One-Shot Bulletproof Townie
. This means that you will not die due to the first attempt to kill you.

Break a leg!
TheTrollieHello, TheTrollie, and welcome to Anything Goes Mafia.

You’ll be performing in
Jesus Christ Superstar

As
Jesus Christ Superstar
, you are a
PGO
. If anyone visits you at night, you will automatically shoot them.

Break a leg!
CrashTextDummieHello, CrashTextDummie, and welcome to Anything Goes Mafia.

You’ll be performing in
The Book of Mormon

As
The Book of Mormon
, you are a
Jailkeeper
. You may target one player each night. That player will be protected from killing actions, as well as roleblocked.

Break a leg!
The Critic
The Critic
Goon
The Critic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4067 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:41 am

Post by The Critic »

turkish vanHello, turkish van, and welcome to Anything Goes Mafia.

You’ll be performing in
In The Heights

As
In the Heights
, you are a
Vanilla Townie

Break a leg!
KuriboHello, Kuribo, and welcome to Anything Goes Mafia.

You’ll be performing in
Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark

As
Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark
, you are a
Three-shot Hider
. This allows you to choose one player to hide behind each night. You will be immune to all actions directed at you, but you will die if your target dies, investigative roles targeting your target will receive information on you, and if you target a non-town player, you will die.

Break a leg!
FakeGodHello, FakeGod, and welcome to Anything Goes Mafia.

You’ll be performing in
Cats

As
Cats
, you are a
Hated Townie
. You take one less vote to lynch than normal.

Break a leg!
GhostlinHello, Ghostlin, and welcome to Anything Goes Mafia.

You’ll be performing in
Sunday in the Park

As
Sunday in the Park
, you are a
Watcher
. This means that you can choose a player each night, and you will be informed who visited that player.

Break a leg!
MacHello, Mac, and welcome to Anything Goes Mafia.

You’ll be performing in
Sweeney Todd

As
Sweeney Todd
, you are a
Pie Vendor
. This allows you to send a tasty meat pie to another player every night.

Break a leg!
The Critic
The Critic
Goon
The Critic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4068 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:42 am

Post by The Critic »

Flying BeautiesHello, Flying Beauties, and welcome to Anything Goes Mafia.

You’ll be performing in
Grease

As
Grease
, you are a
Vanilla Townie
. This means you have no special abilities.

Break a leg!
SkeldaHello, Skelda, and welcome to Anything Goes Mafia.

You’ll be performing in
Hairspray

As
Hairspray
, you are an
Unrequited Lover
. You know that Flying Beauties is
Grease,
and you just look up to Grease so much that if they were to be shut down by any means, you would just up and shut down yourself. (Non-flavor version - if Flying Beauties dies, you die too. Also, Flying Beauties does not know who you are, or that your role exists.)

Break a leg!
DoduoHello, Doduo, and welcome to Anything Goes Mafia.

You’ll be performing in
Brigadoon

As
Brigadoon
, you are a
Three-Shot CPR Doctor
. This means that you may protect someone three time during the game. However, if they are not targeted by a kill when you protect them, you will kill them yourself.

Break a leg!
DrippingGoofballHello, DrippingGoofball, and welcome to Anything Goes Mafia.

You’ll be performing in
Mamma Mia!

As
Mamma Mia!
, you are a
Vanilla Townie

Break a leg!
DesperadoHello, Desperado, and welcome to Anything Goes Mafia.

You’ll be performing in
Forbidden Broadway

As
Forbidden Broadway
, you are a
Prism
. This means you may choose a target every night. If you successfully target a player, any non-killing actions that target you will be redirected to your target. Your action will count as visiting your target. Anyone who targets you will not be counted as visiting you (except for killing roles), but will instead target the player who you targeted.

Break a leg!
The Critic
The Critic
Goon
The Critic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4069 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:45 am

Post by The Critic »

ElyseHello, Elyse, and welcome to Anything Goes Mafia.

You’ll be performing in
Assassins
today. Show us your best work, or you’ll get terrible reviews, be shut down forever, and no one will remember you. Neat! There are 20 other shows playing right now, each trying to get fame and recognition. For the most part, they’re all working together to try to increase one another’s chances, but you’ve joined a small coalition of shows trying to bring the other shows down for your own benefit. Sounds like a good time to me!

As
Assasins
, you are a
Jack of All Trades
. You have 3 one-shot abilities:Ninja, Strongman, and Dayvig. If you use Ninja, you will submit the scum NK, and you will not be seen visiting anyone. If you use Strongman, you will submit the scum NK, and the kill will bypass all protection (including roleblocks, doctors, bulletproofs, and other similar things). Dayvig allows you to publically kill one person in the thread by posting “
Dayvig: Playername
.” This does not end the day.

Your partners are Svenskt Stål (
Show Boat, Encryptor
), Mina/Tammy (
Bye Bye Birdie, Recruiter
), and Unmasked Kit (
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, 1-shot Gladiator
). You also know there is a traitor on your side. The traitor knows at least one of your group. You can kill the traitor if you nightkill him/her.

You win a glorious review (probably), fame (possibly), fortune (don’t make me laugh), and the game (definitely) when some number of the five of you are the last ones standing, or nothing can prevent the same.

Break a leg!
Svenskt StålHello, Svenskt Stål, and welcome to Anything Goes Mafia.

You’ll be performing in
Show Boat
today. Show us your best work, or you’ll get terrible reviews, be shut down forever, and no one will remember you. Neat! There are 20 other shows playing right now, each trying to get fame and recognition. For the most part, they’re all working together to try to increase one another’s chances, but you’ve joined a small coalition of shows trying to bring the other shows down for your own benefit. Sounds like a good time to me!

As
Show Boat
, you are an
Encryptor
. As long as you are alive, anyone with a QT can talk during Day phases.

Your partners are Elyse (
Assassins, JOAT
), Mina/Tammy (
), and Unmasked Kit (
). You also know there is a traitor on your side. The traitor knows at least one of your group. You can kill the traitor if you nightkill him/her.

You win a glorious review (probably), fame (possibly), fortune (don’t make me laugh), and the game (definitely) when some number of the five of you are the last ones standing, or nothing can prevent the same.

Break a leg!
Mina/TammyHello, Mina/Tammy, and welcome to Anything Goes Mafia.

You’ll be performing in
Bye Bye Birdie

As
Bye Bye Birdie
, you are a
Recruiter
. Once per night, you may target a player. If that player is the traitor, they will immediately be given access to your team’s QT.

Assassins, JOAT
), Svenskt Stål (
Show Boat, Encryptor
), and Unmasked Kit (

Break a leg!
MollaDoniHello, MollaDoni, and welcome to Anything Goes Mafia.

You’ll be performing in
Spring Awakening
today. Show us your best work, or you’ll get terrible reviews, be shut down forever, and no one will remember you. Neat! There are 20 other shows playing right now, each trying to get fame and recognition. For the most part, they’re all working together to try to increase one another’s chances, but you’ve heard word of a small coalition of shows trying to bring the other shows down for your own benefit. Sounds like a good time to me!

As
Spring Awakening
, you are a
Traitor/Usurper
. You know that no one in the coalition knows who you are. You also know that one of the members of the coalition is Mina/Tammy, and you just simply cannot stand Mina/Tammy. You can’t stand that show so much that no matter how much you agree with that show’s goal, you wouldn’t consider it a victory if it was still open when the game is over.

You win a glorious review (probably), fame (possibly), fortune (don’t make me laugh), and the game (definitely) when some number of the coalition are the last ones standing, or nothing can prevent the same, and Mina/Tammy is dead.

Break a leg!
Unmasked KitHello, Unmasked Kit, and welcome to Anything Goes Mafia.

You’ll be performing in
A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum

As
A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum
, you are a
One-Shot Gladiator
. One night phase during the game, you may target another player. The following day, it will be publically announced that only you and your target may be lynched.

Assassins, JOAT
), Svenskt Stål (
Show Boat, Encryptor
), and Mina/Tammy (

Break a leg!
The Critic
The Critic
Goon
The Critic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4070 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:48 am

Post by The Critic »

PeregrineVHello, PeregrineV, and welcome to Anything Goes Mafia.

You’ll be performing in
Rent
today. Show us your best work, or you’ll get terrible reviews, be shut down forever, and no one will remember you. Neat! There are 20 other shows playing right now, each trying to get fame and recognition. For the most part, they’re all working together to try to increase one another’s chances. You, however, don’t really give a shit about that. You’ve got AIDS, and so should everyone else! It makes for much better theater.

As
Rent
, you are the
AIDS Infector
. Each night phase, you may infect one player with AIDS. AIDS is then spread via night actions; any successful night action with an AIDS-infected player involved (either as visitor or visited) will spread AIDS to all players involved in said night action. This applies to someone targeting you with a night action as well.

You win a glorious review (probably), fame (possibly), fortune (don’t make me laugh), and the game (definitely) when all living players have been infected with AIDS. You can win after you die.

Break a leg!
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4071 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:43 am

Post by Desperado »

unfuckingbelievable
;)
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4072 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:10 am

Post by kuribo »

Yeah but dat dead QT doe
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4073 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:13 am

Post by kuribo »

Mastins mist was a sight to behold in the late game btw
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #4074 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:51 am

Post by Mina »

In post 4065, The Critic wrote:Great win, UK! Really fantastic play in the late game.
Agreed! I have no clue how Mac wound up lynched yesterday, but you guys played your hearts out despite horrible odds and pitted the survivors against each other like a pro. In spite of people's bitching in the dead QT, you definitely earned it in the end.

Wow, BBmolla really got the short end of the stick. The poor guy didn't know a single member of his team except for the one he needed to lynch in order to win? That role is pretty much unplayable. I'd have imploded in his shoes, too.

Thanks for the game, mods! It was chaotic, entertaining, and memorable. I really enjoyed the flavour, and was exposed to some new musicals, so that was a bonus.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”