NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #3625 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:40 pm

Post by Bert »

Point is you claimed lovers in that game. You claimed masons in this game.

You're ultra fence-sitting on your read on me, much like you did in that game. It's the same rodeo again. Thankfully Cabd looks more town than you. But you bothered me when I came into the game, and your "uhhhh" reads on me are really shaky.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3626 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:41 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

How do we have 145+ pages of Day 1 and then we push the most useless wagon.

Like if mafiassk flips scum the ONLY thing we gain is one scum down (which I mean is kinda good but it's literally a random chance right now). We gain no other helpful info, and we start day 2 with no lynch info whatsoever.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3627 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:41 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 3622, Bert wrote:
In post 3620, MC Maraca wrote:Bert somehow managed to coast, and still be called town in the most recent white flag, though.
You're kidding, right?

I posted at least 3 prod dodges in EACH of the last three days, each timed at 1 day and 23 hours after the preceding one. :roll:
yeah

and you still somehow the towniest of the three of us

Pedit: This is a normal agme, Bert. Viscon was a themed game
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3628 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:42 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

R u kidding me
We don't need associate tells to hunt scum
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #3629 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:42 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 3626, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:How do we have 145+ pages of Day 1 and then we push the most useless wagon.

Like if mafiassk flips scum the ONLY thing we gain is one scum down (which I mean is kinda good but it's literally a random chance right now). We gain no other helpful info, and we start day 2 with no lynch info whatsoever.
The game is now seemingly controlled by the herd (which has its good and bad - this is my first large game), and I hope and pray that they are all town (unlikely, but one can hope). My only other large game, I replaced out within 12 hours after it accumulating 30 pages while I was on a day trip out of town...

So I can't really do anything about what wagons we choose anymore
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3630 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:42 pm

I kinda like Brain's posts so wouldn't really be up for wagoning his replacement.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3631 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:43 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

the claims really don't have to do with the other

and, I didn't lie about my Lover's claim either... so?
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3632 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:43 pm

Post by Casso the King of Seals »

In post 1308, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:My problem is that most of the town looking players are very good players (Cephrir, Pieguyn, Giests). I wouldn't put it past any of them to be capable of getting me to townread them as scum so I am not as complacent as I would be if I had townreads on players of average skill.

NY159: Rust – Things of note are the frequent use of language where he acts like he is forced to do stuff like “
If I were to pick a scum read based on my first skim through the thread, I'd say BC is looking pretty bad with zab showing up as scum, he tires very hard to distance himself from zab.
” DOMO’s ISO breakdown contain almost entirely information instead of analysis. He also postures with statements like “
I can move him into scum camp if these questions are answered unfavourably for him.
” He consistently complains about the thread moving faster than his other game which seems like an implicit excuse for inactivity stemming from guilt due to the lack of content. Some of his posts like 1080 come across as fake and a little too certain about his reads. The way he defends himself in 1261 is interesting by saying “
I don't see why that's scummy.
” Rev uses WIFOM in 1274 while admitting his mistakes “
But I can't blame you guys for giving me heat for it.
” He also again makes excuses for his actions saying “
Why am I still awake
”. Rev can be quite devious as shown in 1760 where he thanks scum for killing a player who had a large ISO to read making it easier for him to catch up. TheReverend can fake paranoia very well as evidenced by 1760 where he throws in caveats for his townreads by saying “
unless bussing
” or “
unless very good at playing scum.
” He undermines his reads several times as shown in 1770, “
I could be wrong, but I am not in any hurry to lynch him.
” He also postures a lot by making statements like “
Yeah I'm not gonna be on the PH wagon any time soon
” in essence declaring what he may or may not do. In 1806, he spends quite a while justifying his push rather than explain why his target is scummy. This shows that he is very concerned with how his pushes looks as opposed to actually finding scum and pushing them.

I am not sure what I found scummy in this game based on this. I must have made a mistake. I am going to look through his town games to come to some sort of conclusion.
This also seemed distinctly townish; Falcon isn't as motivated to do meta dives as scum, so the fact that this meta piece here found him not understanding where a previous position came from seemed extremely genuine to me.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3633 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:44 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 3625, Bert wrote:Point is you claimed lovers in that game. You claimed masons in this game.

You're ultra fence-sitting on your read on me, much like you did in that game. It's the same rodeo again. Thankfully Cabd looks more town than you. But you bothered me when I came into the game, and your "uhhhh" reads on me are really shaky.
I am also not doing this

I am very clearly stating that I don't mind lynching you.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3634 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:44 pm

In post 3628, KoreanBBQ wrote:R u kidding me
We don't need associate tells to hunt scum
Okay feel free to go hunt by magic but I'd MUCH prefer a wagon that actually yields info.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #3635 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:44 pm

Post by Bert »

You were scum lovers, of course you lied. Your logic is flawed even as town sometimes, which lets you get away with that kind of logic as scum. Otherwise, your cases aren't the most well-put-together, to put it mildly. Like the case on Falcon, but we saw the passion and the wanting to prove that case. Now, whether that passion is town is another point altogether.

P-edit: You said you didn't mind lynching me in Wingate too. Ta-da.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3636 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:45 pm

In post 3626, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:How do we have 145+ pages of Day 1 and then we push the most useless wagon.

Except for everyones day 1 play, which is a kind of big deal. We have plenty of strong wagons to analyze, we have good reactions to who jumps on this kynch and who defends it... You act like the entire game thread disappears once we lynch someone with less than 50 posts, but that's not the case.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3637 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:46 pm

Mara, are you getting these pieces of my F-16 town case in the middle of the wave of posting?
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3638 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:46 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

yes, Nacho
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3639 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:47 pm

In post 3636, Casso the King of Seals wrote:

Except for everyones day 1 play, which is a kind of big deal. We have plenty of strong wagons to analyze, we have good reactions to who jumps on this kynch and who defends it... You act like the entire game thread disappears once we lynch someone with less than 50 posts, but that's not the case.
Wut.

We're getting one flip. How does this one flip help us regardless of what the flip is.

Also feel free to analyze the "strong" wagons but you'll be literally analyzing them blindly because the mafiassk lynch/flip and the wagon relates a whole total of 0 percent to those "strong" wagons.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #3640 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:48 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 3627, MC Maraca wrote:Pedit: This is a normal agme, Bert. Viscon was a themed game
doesn't matter. This game could very well be multiball too. And it's semi-closed for the most part (I guess).

You're putting your foot in your mouth by saying I'm playing similarly to Open 534. Even Ffery has said that I'm not playing ANYTHING like I did in that game. So that association does you more harm than good.

Feel free to explain how I'm coasting here, because I'm not.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3641 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:48 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

The thing with SSK and BRO is that they came out of nowhere doing nothing except question my wagon in a very similar way. Which could be that my wagon was town motivated and scum wanted a safe way out of responsibility after my flip.

But then they could've easily hammered me and no one would've questioned it.

Ugh this is giving me bad vibes.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3642 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:49 pm

How will you be doing things differently if mafiassk flips town? What if he flips scum? How will you take into account his flip and/or his wagon and how will you use this new found piece of information?
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3643 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:50 pm

Also you are literally wanting to wagon mafiassk because he's likely not to be here and thus not likely to pull an AtE like Sakura just did, and thus you won't feel bad if his wagon flips town.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3644 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:51 pm

In post 1445, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 1443, geists wrote:There are a number of other aspects of my suspicions you could focus on and delve into all the detail you like.
Okay then. Help me though whichever parts you feel comfortable with.
In post 1384, geists wrote:We don't like how he apparently missed a ton of crumbs
I'll let this slide.
In post 1384, geists wrote:We don't like how he seems to be currying favor with players rather than sorting them
Who has he tried to curry favor with and where?
In post 1384, geists wrote:We don't like the pitoli vote and especially don't like its timing. It came off like he was trying to deflect attention after we first went after him.
Why would Nacho as scum have reason to believe that this will take attention away from him as opposed to increase attention through people questioning him about the Pitoli vote?
In post 1384, geists wrote:We don't like how he tried to push the non-aggression pact on us.
He did the same to Buldermar in Hunterx so just the act of it is null. But I can agree that doing it after you suspected him doesn't feel right.
In post 1384, geists wrote:We don't like the whole tone of the exchange with Brian. The whole tone of that sounded off.
In post 1419, geists wrote:Brian came into the game with a hard edge. That's unique in the games I've played with him. You interacted with him, but didn't seem curious about the hard edge in his posting.
I agree that it is unique based on my meta of Brian. He never entered a game that way so I can understand why Nacho not questioning him on it could be suspicious.
In post 1384, geists wrote:And we found Thor's posts pretty damn close to null content.
Agree about Thor.
In post 1384, geists wrote:And finally, we don't like that when we asked him what he thought about SSK, he said that he was thinking about moving his vote there if Thor agrees. That was off for two reasons: the assumption that we were scumreading, not trying to sort SSK, and because he deferred the decision waiting for a catch up. That's not something he typically does as a hydra.
This is good too.
In post 1419, geists wrote:Maybe not, but it also meant you missed a ton of subtext around other players' reactions. That's a degree of not thinking like I'm thinking that scares me.
I have no clue what this means.
In post 1422, geists wrote:I flew by one, got FoSed for it, went back, over-estimated what it was about, tested that, and eventually had a working hypothesis. That was one ripple of many. You didn't react to any of that.
Without regards to a specific crumb, why would you expect Nacho to pick up crumbs as town as opposed to scum? I am assuming this is referring to breadcrumbs about roles unless you are using an entirely different definition of "crumbs." Whose FOS on you are referring to? Is your "working hypothesis" something you plan to reveal during the course of this game?
Continued questioning of ffery based on her townread of me. He did this regardless of ffery's read on me and seriously seriously engaged her on it which is a strong sign of town to me since it's an approximate fuck ton of work into pretending to sort me when he could call me town and be done with it, or maybe try to attack me in an effort to get me to townread him.
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3645 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:52 pm

In post 3639, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:

Wut.

We're getting one flip. How does this one flip help us regardless of what the flip is.

Also feel free to analyze the "strong" wagons but you'll be literally analyzing them blindly because the mafiassk lynch/flip and the wagon relates a whole total of 0 percent to those "strong" wagons.
It means a lot based on who jumped on them, who jumped off them. If someone makes a counter wagon to SSK, well we will get information based on that. Right now, my current concern is about preserving townreads. I have enough information already to face day 2, I'm happy to take a shot in those who aren't my townreads because I will have a decent chance of hitting scum in them.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3646 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:53 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

This could be multi-ball

but it's unlikely

Masons being scum is a
bastard
element

an element I don't think the Normal review team would allow as the two exceptions to the rule

You havn't really done anything up to this point, and I don't know how you managed to get people to town-read you before the last 10 or so pages
Casso the King of Seals
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Casso the King of Seals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3647 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:53 pm

In post 3642, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:

How will you be doing things differently if mafiassk flips town? What if he flips scum? How will you take into account his flip and/or his wagon and how will you use this new found piece of information?
I won't do things differently if SSK flips town, scum. Maybe I notice interesting interactions when I read through his posts, maybe I won't. Who are Sakura scumbuddies based on her posts so far?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #3648 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:55 pm

Post by Bert »

There is no way I'm getting lynched, so say goodbye to your dreams of my lynch. End of.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3649 (ISO) » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:56 pm

In post 3647, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 3642, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:

I won't do things differently if SSK flips town, scum. Maybe I notice interesting interactions when I read through his posts, maybe I won't. Who are Sakura scumbuddies based on her posts so far?
I don't actually do analysis before a flip, but I would imagine if she were to flip scum I would learn a lot more from her 174 posts than from mafiassk's 34 posts if he were to flip scum

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”