Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:30 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1721, Mastermind of Sin wrote:I'm still not sure where the DV hate is coming from. I haven't gotten any bad vibes from his posts, and his entrance to the game seems genuine. Combine this with the fact that everyone who's posting is either ganging up on him or content to sit on the sidelines, and that leads me to believe he doesn't have anybody in the game (ie scumbuddies) looking out for his well-being. I obviously don't agree with all of his reads, but for the most part they're not bad. You can't step on these ones, at least. My main concern at this point is that he didn't have *anything* at all to say about the two scummiest players in the game (Porkens & EPM). That makes my spidey sense tingle a bit, but otherwise I'd tentatively lean town on DV at this point, so I the only reason I can think of for his wagon is that people got tired of pushing their scumreads and took the easy path instead (and scum are more than willing to let that happen and/or be there to help it along).
Why do you think my scumbuddies would defend me if no one else was? Don't you think they would feel conspicuous doing so?
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:40 am

Post by 50 Shades of Purple »

In post 1723, Desperado wrote:
In post 1715, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:
In post 1710, Desperado wrote:
In post 1695, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:
why are you asking me about why I am being pushy about mosy?
Because you are being pushy as fuck about it, you weirdo. You kept badgering Cabd for a case that he had already promised you and we have what, 10 days to the deadline? It was offputting.
since when is pushing a scumread offputting
You're going to have to be more specific. Which scumread were you pushing?
most likely the 1 you quoted

/lost my townread on you and it hurts!
Cabd: Does Home Freakin Depot sell sex toys alongside the hardware or something? Because all we have here in California is plain old Home Depot.
Bert: Home Depot sells beef jerky! Hot damn!
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:47 am

Post by Desperado »

See that's the problem, you aren't pushing your scumread. You are demanding that Cabd produce a case.

Do you have an MOS case that I missed?
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:48 am

Post by Desperado »

You aren't even interacting with MOS. Nothing to say about his latest post on Deas?
;)
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:56 am

In post 1727, Desperado wrote:See that's the problem, you aren't pushing your scumread. You are demanding that Cabd produce a case.

Do you have an MOS case that I missed?
okay so I am not pushing a scumread yet you were put off by my obsession over my scumread?

that doesn't even make sense

goddamn.

GODDAMN
Cabd: Does Home Freakin Depot sell sex toys alongside the hardware or something? Because all we have here in California is plain old Home Depot.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:00 pm

Post by Desperado »

No, I was put off by your obsession with hounding cabd to produce a case that he already told you would come.
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:01 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 1648, Desperado wrote:
In post 1643, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:What has SpyreX done that is even vaguely town? Soft claim? Okay.
Your case goes beyond him being roleblocked then?

I must have missed it drowning in the sea of mollie's obsession with MOS. Give me a hand?
In post 1710, Desperado wrote:
In post 1695, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:why are you asking me about why I am being pushy about mosy?
Because you are being pushy as fuck about it, you weirdo. You kept badgering Cabd for a case that he had already promised you and we have what, 10 days to the deadline? It was offputting.
^If you're still confused.
;)
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:10 pm

I don't think that I am so confused as to not think that you were asking about mosy? whom you felt I was obsessing over?

or were you talking about spyrella but you said obsession with mosy

which is it

cos that last post is kind of confusing
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:44 pm

Post by Desperado »

You are not pushing MOS.

You are voting Deas. You asked me to voted him with you. I just asked you to provide your MOS case and you are arguing semantics with me. The way you were badgering cabd about HIS MOS case that he had already promised was off putting.
;)
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:16 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

Merry Christmas

Well there's certainly a lot of complacency going on.
There's more than enough scum reads on Porkens to make what should be an easy lynch, meanwhile a few people scum reading me landed me like four random votes in like two pages. Hopefully that's alignment indicative of both me and Porkens. MoS is right, I should have my vote on him

vote: Porkens

DV and of course myself are just distractions (DV might be scum but seriously who cares right now??), Spyre, popp, and
especically
Porkens are hard to lynch. And anyway popp and Porkens are pretty clearly scum buddies.

I'm almost certain there's blame to be assigned for all the diffusing wagons and beginning diversions and I'm pretty sure it's within 50, Majiffy, Desp and morph. I'd guess Desp, who seems more willing to follow here, than in my limited other experience with him. I'm townreading Majiffy less than before and 50 could still go either way, but I'm leaning town. And I really don't think there's more than one scum in that group of 4.

Majiffy and 50, please stop attempting to strong-arm mislynches and let's commit. I imagine everyone will follow the two of you.
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:42 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 1734, evilpacman18 wrote:I'd guess Desp, who seems more willing to follow here, than in my limited other experience with him.
Uh...what game did we play together again?
;)
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:12 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

well. it's ongoing. I feel like I've seen you elsewhere but maybe I played a game you modded so that's irrelevant.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:00 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

that's really not the point. It's not specifically a meta-read, would you prefer if I just said you seem too willing to follow?
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:04 pm

Post by notscience »

V/LA until Sunday[/vote]
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:18 pm

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

In post 1734, evilpacman18 wrote:And anyway popp and Porkens are pretty clearly scum buddies.
For the sake of clarity, please explain.
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:38 pm

Very basic skimming impressions from the last 9 pages or so:
  • Majiffy's game skill consists of calling people "scumbutt", do not sheep this numbskull at all costs
  • Formerfish makes scummy posts and then labels themselves town for some of the weakest "butting heads" I've seen in #1696
  • I don't like DV's slot, but I like DV's posts
  • 50 Shades is impossible to read
  • MoS is making strange posts, can't put my finger on it, they just seem out of place
  • Garruk made a claim and then...?
  • Players in general throw around weighty accusations despite a lack of preceding questions. Omnipotent? Keen observers? Scum?
  • Quite a few players, like myself, are neither here nor there at this time of year. Treat that with some understanding, but don't let them get away with it forever.
I can answer basic questions for now, unfortunately I can't do all those things I love: ISOs, quotes, links, analysis etc. etc.

That'll do phone, that'll do.

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:38 pm

Very basic skimming impressions from the last 9 pages or so:
  • Majiffy's game skill consists of calling people "scumbutt", do not sheep this numbskull at all costs
  • Formerfish makes scummy posts and then labels themselves town for some of the weakest "butting heads" I've seen in #1696
  • I don't like DV's slot, but I like DV's posts
  • 50 Shades is impossible to read
  • MoS is making strange posts, can't put my finger on it, they just seem out of place
  • Garruk made a claim and then...?
  • Players in general throw around weighty accusations despite a lack of preceding questions. Omnipotent? Keen observers? Scum?
  • Quite a few players, like myself, are neither here nor there at this time of year. Treat that with some understanding, but don't let them get away with it forever.
I can answer basic questions for now, unfortunately I can't do all those things I love: ISOs, quotes, links, analysis etc. etc.

That'll do phone, that'll do.

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:04 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Pecan, how willing would you be to vote for T-Bone?
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:59 pm

In post 1735, Desperado wrote:
In post 1734, evilpacman18 wrote:I'd guess Desp, who seems more willing to follow here, than in my limited other experience with him.
Uh...what game did we play together again?
whenever I start to feel weird about you, you do something amazing.

I have been trying to figure out why dv would think my read on majiffy would be important since I have never played with him.

I swear to god if we did not have a no-kill on n1 I would think it was multi-ball with how weird a number of players are acting.
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:33 pm

@Deas
I'd consider Fishy over T-Bone at this point. I didn't gleam much from T-Bones's meta early game, but I'd need to re-read him properly before I'd be able to reconsider the situation.

Is there a case on or particular posts of T-Bone's that are of interest?

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:16 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

In post 1739, pieceofpecanpie wrote:
In post 1734, evilpacman18 wrote:And anyway popp and Porkens are pretty clearly scum buddies.
For the sake of clarity, please explain.
Ok well let's talk about ONLY associative tells then, nothing about why I'm scumreading you individually. Actually I knew what I thought and most of the association I saw was actually from Porkens' posting but a quick cmd+f of your iso for "Porkens" is actually a gold mine.
In post 16, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Howdy folks.

I've always wanted to play a game with Porkens, just for the name. Is that starwars related?

VOTE: Porkens

(I think I'll just loop that folk song every time I jump in this thread to post)
RVS. I didn't like this vote then, it's not particularly indicative except in hindsight but this vote is consistent with what I'm gonna get at in the following posts.
In post 139, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Okay Mastin, I'll bite.

Post 116 has Porkens as scum, post 128 has him as town. What changed? Are you going to do this thing where a couple of reads stay town/scum and the rest interchange whenever you feel like it?
This is a really random catch. There was like 10 reads to parse through, if you were concerned about differences, I just really doubt anyone cross-referenced every single person in that post with every single person in the previous post so it's much more likely, I think, that you were on the lookout for some reason, for his name. It could be argued, that it was just because of your read on him, but that read wasn't stated until like 20 posts later, and basically sheeped Desp:
In post 161, pieceofpecanpie wrote:So I've said it in other games, but the method I like for finding scum is looking for the not-scum.

So, in playerlist order, people that are not-scum in my notes thus far are:

Parama
, currently a tentative town read. I'm not entirely convinced, at least not in the sense of some people who are nodding their heads to his posts and saying "yep, town, no doubt about it". I felt I needed to meta him a bit before I could get anywhere. Having done that I am currently reading his game as more on the townish side because, although there seems to be a pattern of early aggressiveness for both town and scum games which I read, he seems more focused on giving content in his town ones. Which is the vibe I'm getting here.

Desperado
, for his #148 pure and simple.

Porkens
, another town lean. Seems on the level, although I feel his reads have been off that's beside the point. I like how Desperado put it, that Porken's #87 feels way too comfortable to be put on. I feel that way about most of his posts, just took someone else to nail how I felt in words.

And uhhh, that's it... Too early for everyone else, or they haven't posted yet. Mastin and Generic are annoying.

pedit: notscience can also be dubbed as annoying.
This post also probably acquits Desp from being scum by relation to popp.
In post 290, pieceofpecanpie wrote:
@Mod
50 Shades is voting Porkens.
Again, paying a strange amount of attention to times Porkens gets mentioned.
In post 363, pieceofpecanpie wrote:After #354 Porkens is solidified in my not-scum list, even though he's dead-wrong about me.
And this is sort of an overreaction to someone who very noncommittally (an associative tell from Porkens' end, might I add) said "yeah, pecan can be scum." Call it a stretch, but I don't think so, specifically because there's nobody else, as far as I can tell from my skim of your iso, who you're paying such special attention to. Pretty much everyone else in there is mentioned for being read-related, or you're responding to them or asking them something. And for all the talk about Porkens you've had very little actual interaction.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:54 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I come back to a DV wagon.

Christmas miracles.

50 me scum fine blah blah but scum WITH DV? The shit is that about?
Evilpacman wrote:I'm almost certain there's blame to be assigned for all the diffusing wagons and beginning diversions and I'm pretty sure it's within 50, Majiffy, Desp and morph. I'd guess Desp, who seems more willing to follow here, than in my limited other experience with him. I'm townreading Majiffy less than before and 50 could still go either way, but I'm leaning town. And I really don't think there's more than one scum in that group of 4.
I just want this one to sit majestic atop the throne of majesty it is.

If EPM scum, all 4 are town. This is diffusing the bomb.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
M45t1n
M45t1n
Townie
M45t1n
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:43 pm

Post by M45t1n »

Had issues yesterday, so will get to this game tomorrow. :P

The site was down yesterday.
:P
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:19 am

:lol: @ EPM's #1745.
In post 1745, evilpacman18 wrote:Actually I knew what I thought and most of the association I saw was actually from Porkens' posting but a quick cmd+f of your iso for "Porkens" is actually a gold mine.
Yet you include none of Porkens' posts and your conclusions on mine are beyond a joke.

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:13 am

Post by quadz08 »

CityLab - Central Dogma Song (submitted by crywolf20084)

Song Contest 45: This is Cay's lowest-scoring, lowest-placing, and last entry.

Bummer, dude.

Vote Count 2.9DeasVail (7) - SpyreX, Majiffy, 50 Shades of Purple, Paschendale, notscience, Formerfish, Desperado
evilpacman18 (1) - morph the cat
SpyreX (2) - Garruk Relentless, Porkens
pieceofpecanpie (0) -
Porkens (2) - Mastermind of Sin, evilpacman18
Agent Minnesota (1) - M45t1n
Majiffy (1) - T-Bone
Paschendale (1) - Generic
T-Bone (1) - DeasVail

Not Voting (3) - caledfwitch, Agent Minnesota, pieceofpecanpie

The deadline for Day 2 is Saturday, January 6th 10:00 PM EST. With 19 people alive, it takes 10 to lynch. Deadline in (expired on 2014-01-06 22:00:00).

Still searching for a caledfwitch replacement.

I have added two days to the deadline for holidays and site downtime. Blah.

V/LAs:

-Porkens (until 12/30)
-notscience (until 12/29)
-M45t1n (weekends)
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”