Survivor: Bahamas (Game Over, Info Reveal)

CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:40 pm

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

Either that or there are lots of coats available in the general proximity.
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:45 pm

Post by JDGA »

Paragraphs or I know I won't be the only one to tl;dr, kthx.
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:50 pm

Edited for you, darling~.
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:54 pm

Post by Klick »

(there's a summary at the bottom for the lazy ones who don't want to read)

Hello, jurors. First of all, I’d like to thank you guys for playing this game with me. Bahamas has been very fun and important to me, and while I know some of you didn’t care for it all too much, I hope you were able to have some fun during it as well.

Regardless of how much it will change things, I’d still like to give a proper FTC performance. This is my first time making it this far, and I’m very excited to go through this process. I’ll start by describing the events of this game from my eyes. Then, I’ll summarize the points of the game that show why I deserve to win. Feel free to skip to the summary and use the description for reference; the description will probably include unnecessary detail. :P

Without further ado, let’s begin.

My strategy at the very beginning, honestly, was to wing it with conversations and scope out potential alliances. It wasn’t anything complicated, but it worked out pretty well; I was involved in the making of two major alliances that appeared almost simultaneously. First, there was an alliance of well-known veterans between xofelf, Crazy, TBO, and myself. We played a huge part in early play, as I will explain in a second. However, I knew that going with this alliance probably wouldn’t wouldn’t give me the best chances of winning the game. xof was a big threat to me in particular because she has the tendency to pick up loyal allies easily, and I didn’t see myself winning the game with her running the show. So, I created a second alliance between CC, Mist, Mhork, and myself. While I considered this alliance weaker in strength, this is the alliance I ultimately wanted to go to the end with.

Other than those alliances forming, pre-tribal phase wasn’t entirely special. I was able to form small relationships with DoctorPepper, Xalxe, and mykonian, but other than getting Xalxe on board with the Nich vote during TC 8 later on, these never amounted to anything. There was one big game-changing event during the early game, though, and it was the tribe pick. Since TBO won one of the leader spots, he brought tribe picking up for discussion with our alliance. We decided to do the picking as a team. However, I convinced them (without much effort really) to let me make the official draft for the tribes - and it was based on what would give BOTH of my alliances the greatest advantages. My stronger alliance wanted to split up, which worked with my plans; I could put my entire weaker alliance on one tribe so that they could all survive, and it would ensure a majority on my tribe, keeping me alive until at least merge. This was a major advantage to my game. I originally came up with this:
Tribe Draft wrote:TBO
xof

Nich
myko
Nyalite
Xalxe
JDGA

DP
kdowns

Banakai
Klick
Crazy

Mhork
CC
Mist
(xof/TBO, as you can see, the list was ordered this way in the QT for a reason)

PEG
chesskid
Flame
…but Banakai had other plans. Still, things worked out according to plan, and the tribes were still mostly my creation.

Shortly after the tribes were formed, I realized I was going to run into trouble down the line if neither of my alliances knew about the other. I also fully trusted CC and knew that he was a very strong, underestimated player. I offered CC a deal to the end before the first challenge, and he accepted. This was an incredibly strong alliance. I was able to tell him details about basically everything in the game, and we bounced ideas off of each other easily. Throughout the game, I’ve considered him to be my closest ally.

Because of the previous planning I’d done, tribal phase was incredibly simple. I was never even close to being in danger. However, I began to doubt Mhork in our alliance because he was showing resistance to the JDGA vote. JDGA hadn’t really done anything at all concerning Bahamas, so I was worried that he’d stray away from us if we needed to vote out someone he liked in the future. I was having ideas of voting out xof sometime after JDGA in the tribal phase (although I eventually decided against it), and Mhork might not be the biggest fan of that. Around the same time, chesskid and I started talking more. I found out that he was actually trying to play decently this game - and he was succeeding. He brought up suspicion of xof being manipulative himself without any nudging from me, and we coordinated an alliance - he suggested that he would talk to CC while I try to get Mist, Mhork, or PEG. I I got to CC before he did as per our Final Two deal, and we eventually decided on an alliance of me, him, CC, and Mist. That is where your Final Four originated.

Mhork slowly fell out of our original alliance and was replaced by chesskid. Meanwhile, Crazy got voted out of Taino due to losing interest. xof and I talked, and we decided to “replace” Crazy with CC, since we were both close to him. This kinda worked out perfectly because it put both CC and myself in powerful alliances, ensuring that we’d have at LEAST a majority of six come merge.

Merge came along, and I was set up perfectly to get to the end. There was a very simple way to get there: I could have easily had a FTC with xof and TBO just by sticking with them. We had everything set up. xof was talking to Nich and suggesting that they’d run the game together, and they set up an “alliance” of six with xof, Nich, TBO, CC, myko, and myself. It wasn’t really an alliance, but those were the people that would know about the vote. However, that would have likely led to xof winning the game. She controlled everything involved with Nich and myko. Plus, I wanted to go to the end with my other alliance, and I didn’t want CC just being voted out at F4 there. So, I started planning for a Nich vote down the line.

I consider the F10 vote to be the highlight of my game. I was able to keep Mist and chesskid out of the spotlight (and both names were brought up, Mist moreso) while redirecting attention towards a Taino. However, I knew that, following the current plan, Nyalite, Xalxe, Mist, and chesskid were outside of the current group. In addition, Nich/TBO (I forget which one >_<) wanted both Mist and chesskid gone after a single Taino vote. That meant I needed to grab a fifth player to work with us by F9. Fortunately, xof, TBO, Nich and I had basically compromised on a Xalxe vote long before TC, and Xalxe already figured he was on bottom, so I went to him and gathered his vote for later. Then, I used my influence on the vote to have xof switch the target from Xalxe to Nyalite.

My original plan from there was to vote out Nyalite, and then flip with my alliance and Xalxe. But Nyalite was told that she was the target and that she was just kinda screwed… so she went to me. She already knew that I was the one that made her vote happen, but I guess I was kinda her last hope. We managed to make an actual alliance out of this, and I flipped Nya over to our side to vote Nich out at F10.

Shortly after the Nich vote, I kinda broke down and felt bad for flipping on xof and TBO. >_< I really did feel bad for going against them, even though I knew it was necessary in order to have a better chance of winning. This was the weak point of my game. I told xof a bit too much information and fell into a state of basically wanting her to win for about twenty-four hours. However, I feel that this wasn’t entirely bad because it contributed to xof siding with me against TBO.

Speaking of TBO, he wasn’t as okay as xof was after the Nich vote. He went to Nya and talked to her about a plan to get CC and I out. He also told her about my alliance with TBO, xof, and CC. However, Nya wanted to go to the end with me, so she said that she didn’t mind and would help get rid of TBO. We also talked xof into voting TBO with us (after them first trying to convince TBO to let me live until F5, then go for me). In order to stop TBO from flipping chesskid or Mist, I told them about the alliance between me, xof, TBO, and Crazy, but I told them that it was something that happened a long time ago and meant nothing. That way, if TBO talked to one of them, he wouldn’t be telling them anything new. Something worth mentioning here is that TBO initially targeted CC instead of me, but CC got immunity, leading to the only time in the game that I was seriously targeted.

So, the TBO vote passed. The rest of merge was pretty much a blur. I suggested votes to xof and Nya, they just kinda went with it. CC and I talked to Mist and chess… they just kinda went with it. I had full control at that point. I did win the last three challenges, but I’m positive I wasn’t getting voted off anyway - I just stopped Nya and chesskid from staying. So… yeah, that’s the story of Bahamas. (I have a feeling this ending would be cooler if it weren’t 1 AM)

In summary, here are the things I’ve done that, in my opinion, make me deserving of the title of Sole Survivor:
  • I managed two major alliances throughout the first half of the game in order to ensure my own safety until and during Merge
  • I basically picked the tribes myself, and I picked them in a way that gave a large advantage to both of my alliances
  • I was the dominant player in the F2 alliance of Klick and CC, making most of the decisions but still not being threatened any more than he was, as evidenced by the F9 vote
  • I was able to maintain trust with my allies, both those who were right in trusting me (CC, Mist, and chesskid) and those who were wrong (Mhork, xof, and Nya)
  • I controlled most of the events in the F10 and F9 votes, the most difficult and important votes of the game
  • Despite being widely considered the largest threat in the game, I was only seriously targeted once
  • I called the shots in every single vote I participated in
Thank you. I’m eager to hear your questions.
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:05 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

*claps*
You Are Worth It
Nyalite
Nyalite
Goon
Nyalite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:07 pm

Post by Nyalite »

Can I start asking questions now?
"He might fascinate you. I despise him with every fiber of my being."
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:21 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

yis
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:25 pm

I must add that our alliance name was the Kids Next Door, and I was Numbah Five, that's worthy up to 5 jury votes
Klick was Numbah Three so gets no less than three
Last edited by CuddlyCaucasian on Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nyalite
Nyalite
Goon
Nyalite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:31 pm

Post by Nyalite »

Congratulation to all three of you on making it to the finals!

First I want to ask if you cuddly can explain something a little more for me.
The main edge I have over him is that in the case of anyone trying to take us down, Klick appeared more threatening than myself, and I was never in danger of being voted out due to there always being someone else that was a bigger target. You may call it coattail riding, but it was entirely intentional, and I never felt doubtful after the first few days.

Can you explain ways you actively worked to maintain this dynamic?
"He might fascinate you. I despise him with every fiber of my being."
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:37 pm

Throughout the first half of the game, I would frequently place seeds of doubt in other players' minds about Klick being a big threat in the endgame, although I'll admit that around when the game became as static as it did, I just sat back and decided that I'd rather play an honorable game and go to the end with Klick like we had promised than convince any other players how much of a jury threat he would be, and I'm proud of myself for that. I'll admit though, the plan wasn't as effective as I had hoped, since at F9, TBO saw Klick as TOO powerful to vote out, although that was partially due to my lack of connections with other players, which I can't make an excuse for. Again, I had faith in Klick and I was right to do that. :)

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:38 am

Post by Xalxe »

Okay so first of all, if any of you try to dodge questions at FTC I'll fuck up your shit so don't do it.

I want each of you to go through the Jurors and name one thing about each of them that really pisses you off.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:40 am

Post by Xalxe »

And by each of you mean "CC and Klick" because Mist just lost my vote.
In post 1019, Mist7676 wrote:But I still really don't think I deserve to be here!
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:08 am

Post by Klick »

That looks fun. I'll do it later.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:13 am

Post by chesskid3 »

@ Jurors: If you three were at a bar, and it was decided to repeatedly yell the N word louder and louder, with the first to chicken out having to pay the tab, do you think that person would be you?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:29 am

Post by Klick »

Xalxe wrote:Okay so first of all, if any of you try to dodge questions at FTC I'll fuck up your shit so don't do it.

I want each of you to go through the Jurors and name one thing about each of them that really pisses you off.
Nich:
The fact that he felt like he could just make a quick plan with xof and skate to the end pisses me off. I actually have a gif for this:

The lady is Nich, the mascot is xof, and they're running into TC 8.

TBO:
He's the only person that seriously targeted me, and if he would have gone about it a bit better, he might have pulled it off. I'm pissed off because he put himself into a position where I had to vote him out, because I didn't really want to.

Xalxe:
It pisses me off that you're asking a question designed to have us upset the jurors.

myko:
He pissed me off by being so passive throughout the game. :P It almost felt like myko was spectating this game to me. We had conversations about it, but I felt like I had to push him to think about his next step.

xof:
It pissed me off when she basically told me that she was picking the lesser of two evils by siding with me. She seemed sincere when she said she still wanted to work with me, but not even a day later, she made it pretty clear that she would have voted for me with TBO if she could win that way.

Nya:
She pissed me off by putting me in a position where I'd have to backstab her in the future. >_< She told me that she was trying to work with me to the end when she was talking about TBO's plan. That put a lot of guilt on me, because I knew that I was eventually going to be voting Nya out.

chesskid:
He pissed me off by making F4 an issue if he won the challenge. He suggested that whoever won the F4 challenge should just choose who went home. If he won, I was afraid he'd pick me or CC, forcing us to somehow make a Mist vote happen. We'd probably have to have convince Mist to vote the person chesskid wasn't voting, and then both vote Mist. While that was apparently never an issue since CC planned on being a martyr for me if chesskid won the challenge, it was a worry before I knew that.
chesskid3 wrote:@ Jurors: If you three were at a bar, and it was decided to repeatedly yell the N word louder and louder, with the first to chicken out having to pay the tab, do you think that person would be you?
First of all, all three of us are minors. :P

Hmm... it'd depend on Mist. I don't think CC would chicken out before I would. I'd say probably not.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:44 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 1039, Klick wrote:It pisses me off that you're asking a question designed to have us upset the jurors.
Don't you fucking dodge my question, tell me what pissed you off
during the game.

(and I don't really know what you expected from me, my vote is totally up in the air save Mist so I'm gonna entertain myself dammit)
Nicholas1024
Nicholas1024
The Ides of Mash
Nicholas1024
The Ides of Mash
The Ides of Mash

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:54 am

Post by Nicholas1024 »

It's that time again!
  • Out of the non-finalists, who do you believe played the best game?
  • Out of the finalists, who do you believe played the worst game?
  • Which challenge was your least favorite?
  • How many challenges were non-terrible?
  • What advice would you have for future mods of survivor games?
  • Who would you say was most blindsided by their elimination?
  • Do you guys agree that it's about time for Ani to host another pokemon survivor?
  • What's your favorite League of Legends character?
  • What is the ideal number of HII's for a game?
  • If your answer to the last question was greater than one, do you admit that you're a horrible person?
  • Would it be better if I made an Arkham self-reference, or a Middle Earth self-reference during this list?
  • How many similarities can you find between this game and Mario Bros Survivor?
  • Should I have let the whole Mario Bros thing die a quiet death by now?
  • CHESSKID. Because you know he had to appear somewhere on this list.
  • If you had to join a large, non-survivor mishmash game, what would you try to find?
  • Should Xofelf be worried that I'm going to try to get her to comod the above game you answered?
  • What is the least legitimate question on this list?
  • If your answer to the above question IS the above question, then no, you're not clever.
  • Is there any point in pretending that this FTC is even really a contest?
  • What would be your reaction if Mist won this game?
  • Which moderator is going to be more irritated at this list of questions?
  • Do you agree that all things considered, they probably should have seen it coming?
  • Do you think any backstabs you made during the game will come back to bite you here?
  • Are you at all concerned that people might vote for Mist because of that?
  • Did you make any new years resolutions?
  • Have you broken your new years resolutions yet?
  • If you'd been one of the members of my tribe, what would your merge strategy have been?
  • Are there any stupid questions I should have added to this list?
  • All in favor of just declaring Jal the winner?
  • Are you dumb enough to click this link?
  • Have you quit betraying your allies yet? (Yes/no answers only, please.)
  • What are your future survivor-related plans after this game?
  • To be continued… actually, probably not.
Anyway, if you're curious, my vote will go to whoever can make the least ridiculous short story involving pirates, ninjas, zombies, and robots. Go.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:59 am

Post by Klick »

I thought that was fair. :P Fine. It pissed me off that you acted like me not telling you about the TBO vote was a problem, even though I had already been told that you were in on the plan to vote me out.

PEdit: I might get to that later. :P
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:55 am

Post by Mist7676 »

In post 1038, chesskid3 wrote:@ Jurors: If you three were at a bar, and it was decided to repeatedly yell the N word louder and louder, with the first to chicken out having to pay the tab, do you think that person would be you?
Oh this would be wonderful. I'm all for it, and would totally win.
Xalxe wrote:And by each of you mean "CC and Klick" because Mist just lost my vote.
In post 1019, Mist7676 wrote:But I still really don't think I deserve to be here!
:( aw xalxe. I understand your reasoning behind this, but as I said, my way of getting to the finals may not have been a much congratulated method, but it still got me here, right! So what's the point in not trying? So I'll answer this question anyways.

Nich: During this game, we never talked and that can't be his fault considering I didn't approach him either.

TBO: Having an alliance with Klick, which I never knew about until merge, then was apparently was going to try and use me to flip my vote onto him.

Xalxe: I never interacted much with you to actually do something that pissed me off.

Myko: I hated him being on the other side, and how we both kept secrets from each other, which again is partly my fault. But I still would have loved if we both tried a little harder to be allies.

Xof: Right when the tribes merged, I didn't enjoy hearing that Xof pretty much cliqued with the other tribe right off the bat.

Nya: Making me have to approach her first during merge XD

Chess: Frankly, for being part of an alliance with me, and never trying to talk, if we talked or at least made a plan for our mutual benefit, we could have both been here.

Well Xalxe, there it is. I'm still a finalist, and I still have a chance of winning, so I'm going to try as such. I know this might not be the best redemption to what I said, but I do hope you actually take me into consideration.

Nich's Block in my next post.
You Are Worth It
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:23 am

Post by Xalxe »

You and I appear to disagree on a fundamental level as to proper Jury strategy.
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:33 am

Post by Mist7676 »

Well, I'm not going to lie about my adventures through this game I didn't cause anyone's shocking departure, I wasn't the centre of a large alliance, or I didn't shake the game from it's roots at a single action. I I sat back and watched this all happen, and sailed to the end while doing nothing to please, nor anger the jurors. Everyone's strategy is different, and no one's is right or wrong. I made it to the end, and that's that. And the wy I play the jury will be nard to sway, considering a lot of the decision is already made.
You Are Worth It
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:51 am

Post by Klick »

I'm just going to say that any jurors picking on Mist past this point will immediately stop receiving answers (and lose a lot of respect) from me.
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:52 am

Post by Mist7676 »

Thanks Klick :) But you don't need deny answers if you don't need to.
You Are Worth It
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:57 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

It's okay, but you guys weren't technically supposed to start the interrogations until today at 5PM.
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:00 am

Post by Mist7676 »

Nich's Questions
  • Out of the non-finalists, who do you believe played the best game?
    Xof definitely. Even if it was against me, she had a lot of allies and a lot of influence. This although was her downfall, because she was seen as a big target.

• Out of the finalists, who do you believe played the worst game?
    Too much self-pitying is going on; I'm going to say CC. He was in a great posisition to knock Klick off of his pedestal and could have gotten away with it. But he stood back, letting Klick get all the recognition.

• Which challenge was your least favorite?
    The Skunk challenge (was that it's name?) I didn't even know what was going on most of the time :/

• How many challenges were non-terrible? All of them; Ireally do appreciate the effort put into each and every challenge by Snakes and D3f, so it would be bad to say that their challenges were bad.

• What advice would you have for future mods of survivor games? Less is not more. Embellish your challenge posts, and make the challenges seem interesting. Enforce Confessionals! Add some flavor to challenges or at least change it up. Not every game needs a Ready Aim Fire, but a variant or change of the game could make it better.

• Who would you say was most blindsided by their elimination?
    Most likely Nich (yourself :o) of course I don't know what went on on the other side, but from what I could tell the vote was expected to go somewhere else, and when you were evicted it kind of shattered the pyramid scheme.

• Do you guys agree that it's about time for Ani to host another pokemon survivor?
    YES.

• What's your favorite League of Legends character?
    I don't play League of Legends :/

• What is the ideal number of HII's for a game?
    2, one pre merge, one post merge.

• If your answer to the last question was greater than one, do you admit that you're a horrible person?
    Never.

• Would it be better if I made an Arkham self-reference, or a Middle Earth self-reference during this list?
    Arkham.

• How many similarities can you find between this game and Mario Bros Survivor?
    Challenge posts were boring, it was just explanation, no flourish.

• Should I have let the whole Mario Bros thing die a quiet death by now?
    Yes..

• CHESSKID. Because you know he had to appear somewhere on this list.
    Hello there.

• If you had to join a large, non-survivor mishmash game, what would you try to find?
    Haunted Mansion games are very fun :)

• Should Xofelf be worried that I'm going to try to get her to comod the above game you answered?
    Possibly :?

• What is the least legitimate question on this list?
    "Should I have let the whole Mario Bros thing die a quiet death by now?"

• If your answer to the above question IS the above question, then no, you're not clever.
    Yesssss.

• Is there any point in pretending that this FTC is even really a contest?
    Yes! I'm not going down without a fight, and I really hope your decision isn't already made.

• What would be your reaction if Mist won this game?
    Ecstatic! I'm really trying here :) and I'd be glad if it paid off, even with at least one vote.

• Which moderator is going to be more irritated at this list of questions?
    Snakes :?

• Do you agree that all things considered, they probably should have seen it coming?
    I didn't see it coming :O

• Do you think any backstabs you made during the game will come back to bite you here?
    I didn't make any backstabs ^___^

• Are you at all concerned that people might vote for Mist because of that?
    Was I not supposed to answer these :s :x It's not right to be bitter.

• Did you make any new years resolutions?
    Yes quite a few.

• Have you broken your new years resolutions yet?
    Not yet :)

• If you'd been one of the members of my tribe, what would your merge strategy have been?
    Got together with any allies I had on the other tribe, which might be a bit hypocritical, considering my comment to xof /:

• Are there any stupid questions I should have added to this list?
    No! There were none to begin with!

• All in favor of just declaring Jal the winner?
    Nope :( I want it!

• Are you dumb enough to click this link?
    Just a bit.

• Have you quit betraying your allies yet? (Yes/no answers only, please.)
    Yes.

• What are your future survivor-related plans after this game?
    I would like to run one, but I don't think I'd generate much interest.

• To be continued… actually, probably not.
These were quite fun!

Anyway, if you're curious, my vote will go to whoever can make the least ridiculous short story involving pirates, ninjas, zombies, and robots. Go.

Spoiler: not so short story
Sea air punctures Mist's nose. Normally she would be used to it, but now it has a twinge of ash mixed with its salty punch. She limped below deck to sleep among her trophies. She passed shining gold and glimmering diamonds, but to her, they didn't appeal much. She walked past , rows and rows of the precious metals, all hers from many pillages of passing ships. She made her way to the back of the room. Her most treasured possession. She raised a charge pad connected to a wall by an ancient electrical cord. She stroked it with her metallic hand. The metals behind her could not compare to her charging pad, with it, she was given life. She's carried it with her for years upon years, and not once has it failed her. She lay on it, the cold surface prickling the little skin she had left on her right side. She'd grown used to it over the years and turned to power down on her left side. She awoke after 10 hours, her battery completely replenished, and raised her head. She was still among her trophies. Why would she have been moved? She raced back upstairs, a skip in her step now, after her refreshing nap. Ash and fire no longer rained down upon her ship as she sailed through the ocean on still waters. Her copilot had most likely left the wreckage behind them, and sailed forward. She ran up the stairs to the captain's deck, metal clanking against metal every time her left foot hit the ground. She made her way to the top, and stood in front of the door to the Captain's Quarters, which also held the mechanism to drive the ship. Already she could feel a buzzing in her head just being within the vicinity of her copilot. She walked through the door to see Mist driving the ship intently. Her right arm magnetized to the steering wheel to keep her from falling off. She turned to face Mist, already knowing she was approaching from the buzzing in her head. Without word they changed spots. Mist sat at the wheel magnetizing her left hand to it and leaving Mist to limp below deck to get her rest. The buzzing diminished completely when Mist had left. This was their life for years without change. Mist drove for hours staring intently ahead, without faltering, only moving when her right eye needed to blink. Land came up from ahead, tall jagged mountains, piercing the sky with their sheer height. Huts and houses dotted the beach and around flat points around the mountain. Mist got closer to the small village, close enough to the small dock left for paddle boats. She got up from her seat and made her way starboard where she could see the village clearer. She got to the edge of the boat, and the entire village was in full view. Kids stood by the beach watching the boat, while mothers ushered them back into huts, while fathers ran towards pillars. Pillars gigantic in height and carried weapons of war. Mist knew this, but she didn't fear. She raised her arm and pressed a few buttons on her panel located on her left arm. Fire burst out from atop the pillars, but a fire 10 times stronger than that left Mist's arm and made its way to the village. It's yellow fingers curling and cracking as they met their target. Trees and wooden huts bent and burned at its touch. Pillars toppled exploding in a flurry of fire and smoke. Crashing to the bottom. Mist did not falter burning the entire village to the ground, children cried, any vegetation was buried under the sheer amount of ash brought on by the onslaught. The fire ceased and she stood back to inspect her work. No signs of life were shown and Mist left to return to drive and find more life to destroy. She passed a wall washed by the water and gleaming in the sun. She could she her reflection in the wall. Her left side was entirely composed of mechanics, while her right side was deteriorating flesh kept alive by the chip in her shoulder. Her skin was pale, blood barely pumping through with a heart that did not want to deliver. She marched on to her steering wheel. Remagnetizing herself in case her right side failed. She drove on leaving the now ruins behind her. The twinge of salt and ash mixed in her nose again, a feeling that might never change.
You Are Worth It

Return to “Social Game Archive”