Micro 267 - Indie Game: The UPick - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:14 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

In post 973, Turkish Van wrote:MME, it's all well and good if you can't explain it, but if you can't define your ability, you can't expect us to figure it out for you.

Trine, you're welcome to call for our lynch. It won't mean much when you flip scum.
Because onehead is better than 7 amirite
Eek
!
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:15 pm

Post by Trine »

And once again, you are pushing for the JOAT who has a rationale for our choices, and whose fake-tells fits our night action decisions over the JOAT who was tracked to a dead body and hasn't explained why she didn't bodyguard confirmed town.
Hydra of Amadeus, Zoya, and Pontius.
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:16 pm

Post by Trine »

TV, your choices are going to look horrible when seen in the light of our flip.

This pleases us.
Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:27 pm

Post by Turkish Van »

In post 975, My Milked Eek wrote:
In post 973, Turkish Van wrote:MME, it's all well and good if you can't explain it, but if you can't define your ability, you can't expect us to figure it out for you.

Trine, you're welcome to call for our lynch. It won't mean much when you flip scum.
You can't figure out your role and you have access to the original text. In the meantime, you've gone through several different explanations. Legit confused town would have been upfront about the situation, assuming you even used a role that was supposedly detrimental to begin with.
In post 977, Trine wrote:TV, your choices are going to look horrible when seen in the light of our flip.

This pleases us.
Horrible or scummy, do decide.
Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:27 pm

Post by Turkish Van »

/in before they answer 'both'
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by Trine »

So horrible that you must be scum.
Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:36 pm

Post by Turkish Van »

VICTORY

OK, as much fun as this is, since one of the claimed JOAT will be alive, I'll call dibs on protecting Who, since the roleblock part of our role won't hurt him, and the BG/doc can go on XScorp. If BRO and XScorp strongly favor it, we can shift that to me on XScorp and the non-blocking JOAT protect on BRO.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:38 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

In post 978, Turkish Van wrote:
In post 975, My Milked Eek wrote:

You can't figure out your role and you have access to the original text. In the meantime, you've gone through several different explanations. Legit confused town would have been upfront about the situation, assuming you even used a role that was supposedly detrimental to begin with.
Where do you keep getting this from?

I never claimed to be anything else but a tracker with a double result which might have been subject of an insanity I can't explain or subject to a third roles manupilation. I don't know what that insanity linemeans in my pm. I just don't know.

I'm just speculating to try and explain the double track.

What is so diffocult to understand about this? And how would that make me scum?
Eek
!
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:39 pm

Post by XScorpion »

In post 968, Trine wrote:We obviously can't give scum too much of a roadmap of where and how to dodge town,
I think this times a thousand. There are plenty of conftowns if you believe Bro is town, so protect who you want.
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:42 pm

Post by Trine »

In post 981, Turkish Van wrote:VICTORY

OK, as much fun as this is, since one of the claimed JOAT will be alive, I'll call dibs on protecting Who, since the roleblock part of our role won't hurt him, and the BG/doc can go on XScorp. If BRO and XScorp strongly favor it, we can shift that to me on XScorp and the non-blocking JOAT protect on BRO.
Yes absolutely you should protect the town who's been a worthless lurksack before and after he was confirmed.

Unbelievable.
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:43 pm

Post by Trine »

If anyone can find the tiniest particles of town mindset in TV's posts, please point them out to me.
Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:44 pm

Post by Turkish Van »

When you were at L-1, you said:
In post 708, My Milked Eek wrote:@Desp
The situation is entirely different. In that other L-1 instance I hadn't provided any content yet and I felt I could swing it around. It doesn't matter here. I provided insights and comments. Defended myself. I've done what I could. It's no use going at it for another few RL days when I'm almost certain I can't change people's minds. Even if I make it to D2, I'm a liability.

Claiming has no use. In fact, I would get extra lynched by claiming. My character is so ridiculous that I assume whoever picked this game wanted to be scum. And if I assume what the mod isn't willing to tell me, then my role isn't as helpful as I thought it was. Might lose us the game even.

What I want from you... I gave up on this game with that post. Or at least on defending myself or on the players. But this close to a lynch and considering everyone's perception of me at this point, I lost my motivation. I spent quite a few pages defending a mistake. I tried convincing everyone else of scorpscum, I'm the only one on him. What I've done is useless, what I could do to prevent a lynch is useless. Ironically, being useless and admitting it is what put you off my wagon. Even my role might be counterproductive, it might even lose us the game as it would lead to a series of mislynches, amongst which: mine. Claiming it makes no sense.
That's a ways from your having a track result that's apparently partially accurate and quite a change in tone.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:46 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

Tv, and when do you think I pmed the mod about that insanity line?
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:49 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

Why are you playing mafia if you lack basic empathy skills?
Eek
!
Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by Turkish Van »

In post 984, Trine wrote:
In post 981, Turkish Van wrote:VICTORY

Yes absolutely you should protect the town who's been a worthless lurksack before and after he was confirmed.

Unbelievable.
Well, I'm not targeting BRO. If BRO and XScorp want us on XScorp, I'm fine with that, although I'd give priority to XScorp's opinion, seeing as he's the one who'd be blocked.

P-edit: your D1 claim post indicates you did so before claiming, assuming it even exists. Seems like a plausible excuse for a scum tracker to pin the kill on a townie.

Empathy? What does empathy have to do with this?
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:56 pm

Post by Trine »

In post 989, Turkish Van wrote:Empathy? What does empathy have to do with this?
It's not rocket surgery.

If you can't get even a little bit into the head of a player who approaches the game differently from you, has a role that seriously bends what kinds of choices are protown, and numerous other situations, then you have a very narrow band of "town play" you're able to recognize and you're going to vote a lot of town players.
Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:02 pm

Post by Turkish Van »

OK, so I'm asking him why, having claimed a role that he thought could lose the game for town, he used it. I think I've been clear about what I'm questioning, but maybe not, so:

MME, if you thought your role was problematic and could screw town, why did you use it?
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:12 pm

Post by Trine »

I think he's already answered that, but I'll leave it to him to re-clarify.

I think BRO will be able to address this, but everyone is welcome to. There is no way that we are at LYLO today. What was the scum-benefit to our counterclaiming ETL today, best case?

I'm experiencing some very cold thoughts atm. TV has tied herself so thoroughly to my lynch that she won't escape after town addresses the question of multiple joats no matter which of us is lynched today. This makes me fear that she and ETL can't be partners, unless scum have something quite powerful in their hands that we don't know about.

I also am very curious why TV chose to JK us rather than Who. And if they have a JK ability, which I seriously doubt, then the fact that BRO did not get result indicates that we were JK immune last night, which fits our claim.

I wish they had claimed before all the other night actions had been outed.

It could be so simple as a failure to understand the odds, I guess.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:20 pm

Post by XScorpion »

In post 992, Trine wrote:There is no way that we are at LYLO today.
And now I'm paranoid. What if we are?
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by Trine »

Then the game imbalance is insane.

7 players remain.

My paranoid fear is that the game could have started with 6-2-1 rather than 7-2 and there is a missing death. Ours.

I check under the bed for serial killers every night of every game. :(
Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:32 pm

Post by Turkish Van »

BRO explicitly not getting results matches what happened to us. We were told that our JK ability failed (not sure why a non-results providing ability merited a notification of success/fail) but told that we wouldn't be informed as to the reason.

Could have JK'd Who, sure. But with no outed protective roles, the odds of scum going for the obvious kill was lowered, and we also had the roleblocking aspect of our role to consider.

I didn't want to get into this, but my other thought with BRO was that he could be a hider who was keeping an ace up his sleeve. JKing you was win-win: either we block scum or we make sure we preserve BRO's result, especially if BRO was a hider who could have been killed by targeting you. The line of thought there felt dangerous in terms of reigniting town's paranoia about BRO, given BRO's history of using the hider role very effectively.

--PA
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I think scum team has to be either ETL/TV or Trine/Eek at this point, and I'm strongly leaning towards the former.

I like my vote still.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:23 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Okay, to be super technical:

One of {ETL, Eek} scum
One of {ETL, Trine} scum

Who and Scorp are both conftown. I know I'm town, and the rest of the game is reading me as such. Also, Trine has pseudo-confirmed me (which I don't necessarily agree with but they seem to think so so w/e).

Therefore:

If ETL is scum, TV HAS to be her partner.
If ETL is town, scum team HAS to be Eek/Trine.

Before we push a lynch through, I need to see who we're lynching so I can decide on my target. If we get a town flip, I'm not visiting; the risk is too high of me dying+an NK going through. If we hit scum, I go on my target.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:26 pm

Post by XScorpion »

Could use a votecount right about now.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:41 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Bump.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”