T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:11 am

Post by T S O »

In post 72, Aisa wrote:
In post 69, T S O wrote:There's no reason to vote obvtown.

Aisa, are you an alt? Because you're tossing out towntells everywhere and it worries me.
The way you answered my questions was a bit odd, you didn't explicitly answer them. I can imagine the implication (I voted him because to me you're obvtown, that's the only thing I meant in my post), but nowhere in you post
explicitly
says that.

Not an alt.
Why on Earth would it worry you?
It feels like because there's so many of them, they're artificial.

If you had been an alt, I'd be voting you. As it is, I'm not sure do you have the experience to pull them off, so I'm undecided. You still look Town in general, though.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:16 am

Post by Dean Harper »

@T S O: Do you have anything else to add? I took a look at your posting history and you've been fairly active the past few days in other games, but don't seem to be putting much effort into this one. I also remember you said you would be V/LA in post . Is that still the case? What are your opinions on the other people in the game? We're on page 4 now and moving at a snail's pace.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

-- Rose Nadler, 'Through the Looking Glass' (Lost)
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:24 am

Post by T S O »

Bert should get votes if he doesn't step up. Full stop.

My activity has been decent. I cannot, by myself, pull this game along. It needs activity from all. If everyone here posted twice a day, we'd really be able to get moving.
Drake Crusader
Drake Crusader
Goon
Drake Crusader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:02 pm

Post by Drake Crusader »

So someone I do not like would be TSO.
My idea for this would be based off these posts. 21 and 77.
In post 21, T S O wrote:So again, despite being the 4th oldest player here, I'm your IC. I won't lie to you guys about any game theory, ever. However, I am playing to my Win Condition (which is happily Town.)
Just the fact that he has to add happily town is not very town to me. How is being town happy? We get lynched day 1 and then get hunted by scum. It seems like a bragging post.
In post 77, T S O wrote:Bert should get votes if he doesn't step up. Full stop.

My activity has been decent. I cannot, by myself, pull this game along. It needs activity from all. If everyone here posted twice a day, we'd really be able to get moving.
This is the other post. The reason why he picks Bert would prob be due to the increased attention at him. However, he never mentions KK who has been afk as well. Even with his vote on KK you push the one getting attention. This is the second tip off for me. The third would be his be in his last bit. Claiming that he himself would be in any form pulling the game is not very town. I feel this would be because since he knows who his partner is he can simply try to get the town to throw more rumors around.

So therefore,
VOTE: TSO

The other one who would need to be looked after is Quill. When he gets to post 56 I seems to notice the buddy buddy with TSO.
In post 56, Quill wrote:
In post 40, T S O wrote:
Elaborate on L-2 being dangerous.

Also going to have to post a V/LA until I fix my net: should still get on once a day.
Based on my reading of other games that have since finished on the site, and the wiki, putting someone at L-2 makes it easier for scum to quicklynch them. Upon reflection, though, I'm realizing that I neglected to consider that the odds of scum doubling up on one person to do that on Day 1, when it'd be really obvious that's what they were doing, are pretty low. Still, it seemed awfully fast, for awfully spurious reasons.

Also, I don't feel obligated to give a reason for my random reasons for my random vote.
Your buddy with TSO. No big deal. He votes bert for his rvs then switches to KK. Why ? Because Quill starts with KK as well. The don't mess with my conftown still gives me a scum vibe. When Quill gives the reasons he busses TSO with his vote to deflect possible attention off of him. After that this post above appears. He states the odds of scum double voting. Which made me focus on them more than anyone else. His last 2 sentences about awfully fast made me feel like he was covering himself up and the last sentence was to defend in case someone called out on the double vote.

After that they drop off and never make contact. This would be casued possibly by the game starting to reach a more serious stage.

TSO & Quill
Possible scumteam.
"We all of us need to be toppled off the throne of self, my dear," he said. "Perched up there the tears of others are never upon our own cheek.”
― Elizabeth Goudge
Quill
Quill
Goon
Quill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:17 pm

Post by Quill »

With it only being page 4, I'm a little hesitant to trust my guesses for scum right now, since they're not backed by much evidence – the last thing I want to do is say "Player X is definitely scum" now and then have that come back to haunt me later in the game even though it wasn't a stance I was honestly that dedicated to.

If, gun to my head, I had to name two players who seem scumesque at the moment, I'd go with Drake Crusader (didn't like his predecessor's lack of posting, don't like the tenor of his initial posts here, which focus on stating information rather than actual investigation) and TSO (who has been active, but not done much but tell us to be more active).

The irony that one of these people published a post suggesting that I'm on a scumteam with the other while I was writing this is not lost on me.

Drake Crusader, why do you see my interactions with TSO as buddying, but don't see, for example, TSO's continual promotion of Aisa's "towntells" the same? Or do you?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:08 pm

Post by T S O »

Drake, let's re-read what you've wrote.

1) I'm happily town because I don't have to manipulate people like scum do. Being scum takes work.
2) Me pulling the game in terms of activity is quite towny. Not scummy.
3) I'm calling out Bert over KK because I know Bert and I know he's good. ISO'ing me, that should be clear.

Quill, do you think Aisa's towntells are genuine?
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:38 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

In post 78, Drake Crusader wrote:So someone I do not like would be TSO.
My idea for this would be based off these posts. 21 and 77.
In post 21, T S O wrote:So again, despite being the 4th oldest player here, I'm your IC. I won't lie to you guys about any game theory, ever. However, I am playing to my Win Condition (which is happily Town.)
Just the fact that he has to add happily town is not very town to me. How is being town happy? We get lynched day 1 and then get hunted by scum. It seems like a bragging post.
I really don't see what else he would've said besides nothing? Anyone (even scum) will say that they're town. At this stage of the game, it's not really important, but is something to compare his gameplay to.
In post 78, Drake Crusader wrote:

This is the other post. The reason why he picks Bert would prob be due to the increased attention at him. However, he never mentions KK who has been afk as well. Even with his vote on KK you push the one getting attention. This is the second tip off for me. The third would be his be in his last bit. Claiming that he himself would be in any form pulling the game is not very town. I feel this would be because since he knows who his partner is he can simply try to get the town to throw more rumors around.

So therefore,
VOTE: TSO
Seems like spreading out his attention to two areas. Vote on one to apply pressure and bringing to our attention that he believe Bert should be receiving votes as well. But the question DOES remain: @T S O: why not move your OWN vote to Bert?

In post 78, Drake Crusader wrote:The other one who would need to be looked after is Quill. When he gets to post 56 I seems to notice the buddy buddy with TSO.
In post 56, Quill wrote:
In post 40, T S O wrote:
Elaborate on L-2 being dangerous.

Also going to have to post a V/LA until I fix my net: should still get on once a day.
Based on my reading of other games that have since finished on the site, and the wiki, putting someone at L-2 makes it easier for scum to quicklynch them. Upon reflection, though, I'm realizing that I neglected to consider that the odds of scum doubling up on one person to do that on Day 1, when it'd be really obvious that's what they were doing, are pretty low. Still, it seemed awfully fast, for awfully spurious reasons.

Also, I don't feel obligated to give a reason for my random reasons for my random vote.
Your buddy with TSO. No big deal. He votes bert for his rvs then switches to KK. Why ? Because Quill starts with KK as well. The don't mess with my conftown still gives me a scum vibe. When Quill gives the reasons he busses TSO with his vote to deflect possible attention off of him. After that this post above appears. He states the odds of scum double voting. Which made me focus on them more than anyone else. His last 2 sentences about awfully fast made me feel like he was covering himself up and the last sentence was to defend in case someone called out on the double vote.

After that they drop off and never make contact. This would be casued possibly by the game starting to reach a more serious stage.

TSO & Quill
Possible scumteam.
I find it hard to believe that a scum team would wagon that early in the game. I suppose it is worth noting, but I feel like you're stretching a tad. Again, it's something to keep in mind as a possibility, but there's just as much potential for other people double voting to be scum teams as TSO and Quill.

Also @Quill: I don't believe Dark Crusader has been simply "stating information," I believe he seems like he's trying to find common threads in places that aren't all that obvious. Fairly townish to me, except for the fact that a lot of his last post seems forced and like he's trying to say "this is the scum, this is why you should believe me." I find THAT part of his play to be scummier than anything. Also, I find it a little more than ironic that that was the case with DC's post, but I'm going to let it be for now. Seems we could have a little bit of a triangle going between Quill, DC, and TSO. Keeping it in mind.

I'm starting to wonder if DC is actively distancing from TSO.

Last, we really need to hear from Kublai, shewrf, and Zekrom.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:46 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Sorry. I exist and want to continue to play. Am having computer problems at the moment and am seeking to resolve them as soon as possible. Consider me V/LA for the next day or 3.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:12 am

Post by Aisa »

@Mod: I believe shewrf and Kublai Khan are due for a prod.
Pedit: Oh wait nevermind.

Aisa's opinion on the players

shewrf:
He last logged in 3 days ago, I doubt he will be back. It's hard to know what was on his mind...

Zekrom:
Another who hasn't posted much. I think he honestly didn't notice the humor.

Quill:
Hi Quill. You know, there is a middle ground between barely posting at all and saying with 100% certainty a player is scum.
In post #35 you didn't hesitate too much before voicing your suspicion of T S O. In [http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p5595457]#79[/url] you "are hesitant to trust your guesses for scum". The discrepancy makes me think you could just have made up some excuse for your inactivity.

Spaces/Drake:
Curious how Spaces pointed out another member's inactivity while she was inactive herself. In her (his?) other game, Newbie 1441, she was scum and kinda screwed up, which makes me think the that slot may be scum also this time and she might have left because she was afraid of screwing up again/frustrated/whatever.
Oh, wait, I notice that the other scum in the game was Drake. Now this is interesting, I should have a look at the game later.

Khan:
He needs to post more; but I do like the few posts I've seen coming from him. Every post seems made with a town mindset.

Dean:
Leaning Town. He has been fairly active and has tried to generate discussion, which is a good sign.

Bert:
#71 pretty much sums up what I think about him.

T S O:
Lean scum for #77. The vibe I get from it: "The game is slow, but it's not my fault! I'm a good townie! Don't lynch me!"
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:37 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 78, Drake Crusader wrote: Claiming that he himself would be in any form pulling the game is not very town.
In post 80, T S O wrote:Drake, let's re-read what you've wrote.

His (and my) problem is not with you pulling the game. It's with you
claiming
to pull the game.

3) I'm calling out Bert over KK because I know Bert and I know he's good. ISO'ing me, that should be clear.
I have no clue what you're trying to say.
1. You know Bert.
2. You know he is good.
3. Why does that make you more likely to call him out?
4. Why does that become clear if I ISO you? I tried and still don't understand what you're saying.
5. Then why are you voting KK?

@Drake:
I think you're reading a bit too much between the lines. Humans are extremely good at picking up patterns, in fact we do that even when they don't really mean anything. I'm referring especially to your case on Quill in #78.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:51 am

Post by Dean Harper »

In post 84, Aisa wrote: 5. Then why are you voting KK?
Extremely good question. If your suspicions lie elsewhere, why not lead the way and change your vote from Kublai? (Which seems to be a vote as a joke, but could be more if we decide to read into it)

Note (to everybody): If shewrf gets replaced I will put my vote elsewhere. But for now, since NOT posting is more detrimental than posting is to finding scum, it remains on him.

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:43 am

Post by T S O »

In post 84, Aisa wrote:
In post 78, Drake Crusader wrote: Claiming that he himself would be in any form pulling the game is not very town.
In post 80, T S O wrote:Drake, let's re-read what you've wrote.

His (and my) problem is not with you pulling the game. It's with you
claiming
to pull the game.

I have no clue what you're trying to say.
1. You know Bert.
2. You know he is good.
3. Why does that make you more likely to call him out?
4. Why does that become clear if I ISO you? I tried and still don't understand what you're saying.
5. Then why are you voting KK?

@Drake:
I think you're reading a bit too much between the lines. Humans are extremely good at picking up patterns, in fact we do that even when they don't really mean anything. I'm referring especially to your case on Quill in #78.
Show me where I said that.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:01 pm

Post by Bert »

I am stepping it up.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:01 pm

Post by Bert »

Starting now. :)
shewrf
shewrf
Townie
shewrf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:19 pm

Post by shewrf »

I like pizza :O
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:34 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

@Mod:
Can we get a replacement for shewrf? He is obviously NOT serious about playing the game.

Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 pm

Post by Bert »

He's a newbie and may still be getting a feel for the game regarding stages of the game, how the game works, etc.

Time will tell. Plus, still page 4.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:46 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

In post 91, Bert wrote:He's a newbie and may still be getting a feel for the game regarding stages of the game, how the game works, etc.

Time will tell. Plus, still page 4.
I don't think you can say that after his post just above mine.

UNVOTE: Unvote
VOTE: Bert

The game is far from being in it's beginning stages at this point. Anyone who is reading and keeping up with the thread would know that. You have posted multiple times in multiple other threads.

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

EBWOP:

UNVOTE: shewrf
VOTE: Bert

Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:23 pm

Post by Bert »

Explain the vote?
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:38 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Making excuses for someone who obviously has no interest, stating you would make more of a presence in the game and then in the next post not doing in ANYTHING to help the game along but make those excuses. Also because of the reasons I already stated in .

Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:40 pm

Post by Bert »

How is it obvious that he has no interest? My first game is very similar to his.

You are confirmation biased.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:47 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

In post 89, shewrf wrote:I like pizza :O
This shows me that he has no interest in seriously playing the game.

Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:49 pm

Post by Bert »

You're reaching. Also, your vote on me is for reasons that are only fueled by speculation. Why are you playing mind games regarding this?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:07 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Bump.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”