Micro 267 - Indie Game: The UPick - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:50 pm

Post by Trine »

In post 1117, Turkish Van wrote:
In post 1109, XScorpion wrote:Why the fuck is that a jailkeeper role?
We apparently contain the mice. Sadly we don't get to hunt them. Cat is perpetually disappointed.
In post 1116, My Milked Eek wrote:
In post 1033, Turkish Van wrote:Would still like to hear from MME, but I don't hold out much hope there.

--PA
Why not? I've answered all your question (the same questions over and over again, but I answered them).

I'm finding this one a bit harder to answer because I can't find another, less crude way to say that I'm a dumb fuck who gambled during night one.
OK, so the problem here is that everyone in the game making suboptimal decisions is saying they're town for doing so. I'm aware that I tend to scumread people whose logic doesn't square with mine, sometimes wrongly, but there's still a limit to what I'm willing to accept as foolish town. And that everyone who ignored BRO's plan in favor of hopping on the Who wagon was town, and you used a dangerous ability blindly, and Trine ducked out while they knew they'd be under investigation is just way too much for me to accept from remotely competent town.
Where I learned to play mafia, role crumbs were unheard of and a more subtle form of identifying PRs and of telegraphing intentions as PRs was in play. What I did in this game was quite blatant by those standards and would have a scum team's heads spinning in my original environment. As blatant as I was, I fully expected scum to pick up on the protection "threat", and I also expected BRO to recognize I was warning him off. I had fewer hopes that he'd change his target. But, I used what was available to me to spread safeguard over 3 players rather than one or two.

I will do this again occasionally in future games, whether I have a protective or self-protective role or not.

Your opinion of my play, particularly given what I think about your alignment, does little to impress me.
Hydra of Amadeus, Zoya, and Pontius.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:49 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

In post 1122, Turkish Van wrote:
In post 1118, My Milked Eek wrote:Tell me why your choice of jailkeeping Trine isn't suboptimal?
In post 995, Turkish Van wrote:BRO explicitly not getting results matches what happened to us. We were told that our JK ability failed (not sure why a non-results providing ability merited a notification of success/fail) but told that we wouldn't be informed as to the reason.

Could have JK'd Who, sure. But with no outed protective roles, the odds of scum going for the obvious kill was lowered, and we also had the roleblocking aspect of our role to consider.

I didn't want to get into this, but my other thought with BRO was that he could be a hider who was keeping an ace up his sleeve. JKing you was win-win: either we block scum or we make sure we preserve BRO's result, especially if BRO was a hider who could have been killed by targeting you. The line of thought there felt dangerous in terms of reigniting town's paranoia about BRO, given BRO's history of using the hider role very effectively.

--PA
Where the 'you' in the above is Trine. Basically either we would block scum in the persons of Trine, or if we were wrong about Trine we keep BRO's town result safe and cut off the possibility of BRO dying as a hider if a scum team without Trine tried to kill Trine.
I've actually had a misconception about the JK role. Apparently, it is not default behavior to prevent anyone from targetting the jailkept person. I thought that jailkeeping Trine would prevent Bro from visiting him. Which is what I found odd about your choice.
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:57 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

In post 1124, Turkish Van wrote:Trine and MME. It tracks with the supposed night action choices and explains their resistance to the TS lynch, as losing the only townie who fell for the Who lynch post-claim would leave them exposed.
What if, and let's go really crazy with this assumption, I actually read Tier as a newbtown?
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:05 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

Also, remarks about the same quote:

Why are you refusing to play this game? I mean, we're 1125 posts into this game and all I've seen you talk about is the who lynch and my claim. It's really obvious how hard you're trying to avoid other players/situations.

Also, aren't you a hydra? I find it hard to believe that a hydra would play this uniform. I can't believe both heads are this dense. Of course, it makes sense if you're scum. I really can't see anything else but scum in your slot. Why aren't you signing your posts?

And I reiterate, I'd rather lynch TV today than [ETL|Trine].
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:08 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

And again about the same quote:

Who in their right mind would see me and Trine together as scum? I could understand seeing one of us as scum, but both? This is being awfully lazy OR pushing the most obvious push of pushes while not having to worry about slipping or associating with anyone.

TV is scum.

I could bullet point a case if you guys want me to.
Eek
!
Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:51 am

Post by Turkish Van »

In post 1127, My Milked Eek wrote:
In post 1124, Turkish Van wrote:Trine and MME. It tracks with the supposed night action choices and explains their resistance to the TS lynch, as losing the only townie who fell for the Who lynch post-claim would leave them exposed.
What if, and let's go really crazy with this assumption, I actually read Tier as a newbtown?
Sure, that's possible, but it doesn't exclude the quoted motivation either.

Look, you keep wanting me to come up with explanations for your actions that come from town motivations. Trouble is, Who's conf-town, XScorpion is effectively conf-town, and I'm having a really hard time imagining that BRO is anything but town, given that he hinted to getting the same feedback from targeting Trine that we did. That means scum is in {Trine, ETL, MME} and I'm not seeing a Trine-ETL team here...which would be a slight understatement.

Professed motivations are relevant, sure, but what I know to be true is what's happened in the thread. I can say that I'm doing what I'm doing for whatever reasons I want; that doesn't and shouldn't stop others from speculating on my motivations. Their job isn't to excuse my poor choices; it's finding scum.
In post 1128, My Milked Eek wrote:Also, remarks about the same quote:

Why are you refusing to play this game? I mean, we're 1125 posts into this game and all I've seen you talk about is the who lynch and my claim. It's really obvious how hard you're trying to avoid other players/situations.

Also, aren't you a hydra? I find it hard to believe that a hydra would play this uniform. I can't believe both heads are this dense. Of course, it makes sense if you're scum. I really can't see anything else but scum in your slot. Why aren't you signing your posts?

And I reiterate, I'd rather lynch TV today than [ETL|Trine].
Yeah...because I said nothing Day One. And I haven't talked to and about Trine's play here. I haven't discussed protection issues with XScorpion and BRO. I'll grant that I haven't interacted with Who, but then Who's barely done anything today. Looks to me more like that the only things from me you've been concerned with reading have been about the Who lynch and your claim. Scum-centered much?

Mala's sick, so very few of our posts are coming from her. She is backstopping things in our QT, and my general hydra philosophy is to keep as much of the dissonance behind the scenes as possible. A bit has leaked through, but so far in my approaches to hydras I've tried not to make people get whiplash reading our posts. I can point you toward completed hydra games if you'd like.

Yes, sometimes I forget to sign. Sometimes it's reasonably apparent that it's me writing. Sometimes it just doesn't matter. If there's an unsigned post you're confused about, speak up. Otherwise I'm sure not seeing what that has to do with anything here.

--PA
Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:53 am

Post by Turkish Van »

Also this ended up in a different reply window:
In post 1126, My Milked Eek wrote: I've actually had a misconception about the JK role. Apparently, it is not default behavior to prevent anyone from targetting the jailkept person. I thought that jailkeeping Trine would prevent Bro from visiting him. Which is what I found odd about your choice.
That would be a rolestopping function rather than a roleblocking one. And it wouldn't stop BRO from visiting him; it would only keep any role effects from resolving on Trine, if I understand the wiki properly. I think rolestopping someone's target wouldn't prevent them from losing a shot, but it might keep a weak role insulated from any fallout.

--PA
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:11 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Vote Count 2.09

Trine (2) - EspeciallyTheLies, Turkish Van
EspeciallyTheLies (2) - BROseidon, Trine
Turkish Van (1) - My Milked Eek

Not Voting (2) - Who, XScorpion

7 alive, 4 to lynch.

The deadline is on January 10th, 9:00 P.M. PST.

Countdown:
(expired on 2014-01-10 21:00:00)
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:57 pm

Post by BROseidon »

@mod V/LA through Saturday

I'll be on a bit tonight to switch wagons, but I won't be around near deadline.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:24 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Prodded Who.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:51 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

So, uh, we should get to deciding on a lynch.

If Scorp or Who decide on who to lynch, I'll follow. If they aren't on, TV or BRO will need to switch.
Eek
!
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:12 pm

Post by XScorpion »

Call me cowardly but I'm more comfortable letting Who decide.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:15 pm

Post by XScorpion »

MME, who would you vote for if Who and I were currently dead?
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by Trine »

In post 1136, XScorpion wrote:Call me cowardly but I'm more comfortable letting Who decide.
Too fucking bad, because:

A: Who is playing like ass and confirmed town or not he's currently one of the most anti-town slots here right now.
B: Deadline
In post 1132, Alduskkel wrote:Countdown:
0 days, 5 hours, 38 minutes
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by XScorpion »

Fine then.
VOTE: Trine.
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by Trine »

Not suprised at the least. Our townflip confirms ETL/Turkish Van scumteam, so be it. You will shut the fuck up and listen to milked eel tomorrow.
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:33 pm

Post by Trine »

In post 1139, XScorpion wrote:Fine then.
VOTE: Trine.
In the post game I'm going to point out to you that I would have nothing to do with your lynch, with Eek's lynch, and with Tier's lynch on day 1, whether I was correct or not. But, I expect to be correct.

I think I was 100% correct that the scum players avoided the fuck out of the Who wagon after his claim.

We should have lynched TV on day 1.
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by Trine »

And once again, ETL "washed her hands" of the game and has done fuck-all to actually try and solve it. Surely that's the behavior of a town PR in extremis. /sarcasm
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:39 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

I don't know. Between Trine and ETL, I'd only vote Trine because I feel that TV is bussing him. And I don't really care for ETL. I think my night result has been tampered with.

I don't know. Perhaps this really is TvT? I don't know.

I need to check something real quick...
Eek
!
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:40 pm

Post by Trine »

In post 1140, Trine wrote:Not suprised at the least. Our townflip confirms ETL/Turkish Van scumteam, so be it. You will shut the fuck up and listen to milked eel tomorrow.
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:41 pm

Post by Trine »

^^ This is correct. With our flip confirming our alignment and loyalties, you should revoke your own license to think for yourself, and follow Eek.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:45 pm

Post by XScorpion »

"Follow Eek" when even he can't decide between the two of you? I'm not liking your attitude, Trine.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:46 pm

Post by XScorpion »

You can't pretend like this is an easy decision. You fucked up by commuting when we NEEDED you to stay put to confirm you as town. MME, the person whose night result suggests ETL is scum, won't even vote for her. What am I supposed to do here?
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:47 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

In post 756, BROseidon wrote:Although I'm really not sure why I was notified that my ability just didn't work...
In post 995, Turkish Van wrote:BRO explicitly not getting results matches what happened to us. We were told that our JK ability failed (not sure why a non-results providing ability merited a notification of success/fail) but told that we wouldn't be informed as to the reason.
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

Again, with the preview fucking up...
Eek