Newbie 1455: How We Met The Mafia (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:27 am

Post by MauriceMoss »

Lawl. All this time and the village can't lynch and the mafia can't night kill.
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:38 am

Post by MauriceMoss »

VOTE: TC

lawl

Thanks for modding for us mala :cool:
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:07 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 500, MauriceMoss wrote:Lawl. All this time and the village can't lynch and the mafia can't night kill.
Are you serious? Check your role pm. Check the wiki.
In post 495, GamerRaptor wrote:I'm leaning scum, because I voted you?

Yeah, I think this guy isn't needed if he thinks people voting is scum. That's the only thing Townies can do, and you say it's leaning scum?

I keep my vote.
You completely missed the point.

VOTE: phok
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:10 am

Post by MauriceMoss »

I am correct mafia
couldn't
night kill. How is that wrong. It's funny.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:19 am

Post by Dessew »

Okay, okay, haha.

Why are you voting TC, again, while he's town for sure.

On the sidenote, I'm a little uncertain in my townread on the TSO/Jason/Raptor slot after having seen two such cases (Jason's on Taco and Raptor's on TC.)
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:25 am

Post by MauriceMoss »

I don't get how tc is town for sure.
TwilightsCall
TwilightsCall
Goon
TwilightsCall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:45 am

Post by TwilightsCall »

Firstly, I apologize for exploding on you in my last set of posts Maurice. I was clearly having a bad night and you didn't deserve that at all. Now, on to Mafia.

I feel like i'm going to get someone calling me scum for following up on my previous suspicions again. But I'm going to go ahead and do it anyways.

Viable alternatives: RachMarie, Skelda
Not voting for Rach out of the gates because there has been considerable resistance to her lynch all game, so in respect to the rest of the town, I'm willing to put off the lynch.
Not voting for Skelda because he has posted so little content I'm willing to give him a chance to redeem himself before I push his lynch.

In other news, I am now 100% convinced that Maurice is town.

Now this special section down here is just for you Raptor.
GamerRaptor wrote: I'm leaning scum, because I voted you?

Yeah, I think this guy isn't needed if he thinks people voting is scum. That's the only thing Townies can do, and you say it's leaning scum?

I keep my vote.
Ok, so first of all, you have to realize that you replaced in to that slot at the end of day 2. Which means there has been, essentially, two full days of discussion - some of which may have involved your slot! - that you did not participate in. I know you weren't there, and it's not like I'm blaming you for that, but the fact that you replaced in does not absolve your slot of all of its previous transgressions. Maybe, just maybe, there is something in there that I did not like. And maybe, just maybe, I posted about that something some time in the past. Now, I know I didn't explicitly mention in my post that I was including reasoning from previous members of your slot, so I can't blame you for that.

But I definitely can blame you for trying to, as far as I can tell, deliberately paint me in a bad light by misrepresenting my point. I did not say that you were leaning scum because you voted me. I said you were leaning scum because you voted me for absolutely no reason.

You literally said that you voted me based on Maurice's reasoning. Maurice literally said he was OMGUS voting me, which I
hope
we can all agree is a bad reason for voting someone. Alternatively, maybe it was because of him saying he thought it was weird that I was complaining about him not playing. In which case, I would have thought that you would consider the fact that doing such a thing has no benefit for scum? Okay, maybe it was just because I was mean. And maybe, just maybe, you interpreted Maurice's post differently, and thought he was saying something different than I thought he was saying.

The fact of the matter is, you did no reading, you did no research, you didn't investigate, you didn't reason, you didn't
think
. You took literally the first person who posted and copied their opinion, and used that as the turning point for your vote. It shows an incredible lack of investment in finding and outing scum, demonstrating more a desire to see people get lynched than to see scum get lynched.

On top of that
your previous post stated that you were already considering voting for me because I had votes on me before. For what possible reason would you think me previously having votes on me is a good idea to vote me now? From a town perspective, I would think a failed wagon is something in the target's favour - they were run up, analyzed under pressure, and came out looking town. If I was
that
suspicious, they would have lynched me! Instead, the wagon fell apart. I would by no means expect you to accept me as town just because I didn't get lynched, but using
that
as your main reason to suspect me is ridiculous. Actually, it's not so much ridiculous as its scummy. It looks to me like opportunistically selecting a vote based on the fact it might be easier to end a wagon on someone who was previously under suspicion.

Furthermore, the fact that you waited for Maurice to air suspicions about me and then voted immediately reeks of the fact that you were trying to sneak on to the wagon before L-1 so that you wouldn't be in the spotlight for the hammer vote. If you
really
thought I was scum, what does it matter if you are the hammer vote? Your play definitely looks to me like an opportunistic scum vote trying to push a mislynch rather than any sort of desire to actually lynch scum.

TL;DR for the folks at home.
-Maurice's reason for voting me was bad, if not necessarily scummy
-Your sheeping of his bad vote was
definitely
scummy, because it showed a lack of desire to hunt and lynch scum, and instead showed a desire to lynch whoever you could
-Your original reasons for suspecting me before you voted were similarly terrible, displaying only that you were trying to get a lynch rather than lynch someone who was scummy

PS I'm also starting to get convinced that Maurice was right about the length of my posts. Jeez that was a lot longer than I was hoping it would be.
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:03 am

Post by MauriceMoss »

In post 504, Dessew wrote:Okay, okay, haha.

Why are you voting TC, again, while he's town for sure.

On the sidenote, I'm a little uncertain in my townread on the TSO/Jason/Raptor slot after having seen two such cases (Jason's on Taco and Raptor's on TC.)
This drives me bonkers because I was uncertain on TSO just for trying to get claims to disprove taco. I guess we could have false claimed to protect him? I dunno just seemed weird.
GamerRaptor
GamerRaptor
Townie
GamerRaptor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:31 am

Post by GamerRaptor »

Alright, I missed the point and I think that TC is innocent.

Mafia usually does OMGUS votes, and I haven't been voted out, which I'm glad of.
Anyway, why is everyone voting phokdapoles? I haven't seen him post at all.
how do bold
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:41 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

Vote Count 3.01

Not voting(4)
- Skelda, RachMarie, GamerRaptor, phokdapolees
TwilightsCall(1)
- MauriceMoss
phokdapolees(2)
- Dessew, TwilightsCall

Vote History:

Dessew -
TwilightsCall -
Skelda -
RachMarie -
GamerRaptor -
MauriceMoss -
phokdapolees -

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.

The deadline is Tuesday, January 24, 2014, which is in (expired on 2014-01-24 12:52:00).

Mod notes:

None.

Last edited by DoctorPepper on Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:17 am

Post by MauriceMoss »

Yay it's DP!

Huzzah, Im back from the grave
GamerRaptor
GamerRaptor
Townie
GamerRaptor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:33 pm

Post by GamerRaptor »

I've asked why phok is acting suspicous an hour ago and got no answer. ._.
how do bold
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:54 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Welcome to the game GR

The game just started a new day give people a chance to respond. Also why are you asking about that instead of reading up for yourself? Looking for the easy lynch ?

For example, I have been extremely ill since I got back from TN with superflu it turns out along with my fiance NS.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:54 am

Post by Skelda »

I'm not sure why there was no death. We need to get it together and get a few lynches.

Phok is entirely not memorable. I have no idea why he is getting votes.

phokdapolees
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:07 pm

Post by phokdapolees »

VOTE: Rach
TwilightsCall
TwilightsCall
Goon
TwilightsCall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:25 pm

Post by TwilightsCall »

In post 513, Skelda wrote:I'm not sure why there was no death. We need to get it together and get a few lynches.
Really? I think its pretty obvious why there was no death. If you try reading the thread you might be able to figure it out too.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:38 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 514, phokdapolees wrote:VOTE: Rach
Last time you were feeling better about her.
phokdapolees
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:15 am

Post by phokdapolees »

The No Kill sort of leads me to believe that she and her partner were just too inactive to submit a kill.
GamerRaptor
GamerRaptor
Townie
GamerRaptor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:43 am

Post by GamerRaptor »

Alright, since TC isn't specifing anything abuot why phok is scum, AND the fact that the only thing phok said was "sorry for being inactive D:"

THAT'S scumish?

how do bold
TwilightsCall
TwilightsCall
Goon
TwilightsCall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:08 pm

Post by TwilightsCall »

In post 518, GamerRaptor wrote:Alright, since TC isn't specifing anything abuot why phok is scum, AND the fact that the only thing phok said was "sorry for being inactive D:"

THAT'S scumish?

Me wrote: I feel like i'm going to get someone calling me scum for following up on my previous suspicions again. But I'm going to go ahead and do it anyways.

Me wrote: phok's ISO:

Only two (of the five lol) posts that he made have any sort of substance to them, through which he casts doubt on me, Rach, and Maurice. He also declares intent to hammer after saying he won't be around to hammer...? I fail to see the purpose of doing so, other than to say 'hey guys I'm not gonna help out, but trust me, I'm helping out.'

I don't think there's a lot on him, but taking into account Bitmap's posts and the above, as well as Dessew's PoE analysis, I think I can comfortably get behind a wagon on him if it starts. Considering the current state of the game, I'd put him near the top of my suspects list.
This is another quote, but the post is huge so I'm not going to copy/paste the whole thing here:

Meanwhile GamerRaptor bounces his opinion back and forth, back and forth...

You'll also note that I made a nod to my previous reasoning, which you could have looked up, meanwhile Dessew didn't even do that. Why do you downright think I'm scummy, but you haven't even mentioned him?
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:01 pm

Post by MauriceMoss »

Are people really thinking the no kill was wolves not "getting it together"

Phok and skelda. Really?
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:00 pm

Post by Skelda »

In post 520, MauriceMoss wrote:Are people really thinking the no kill was wolves not "getting it together"

Phok and skelda. Really?
No, I think it is because of a role, but we have no way of knowing which role so I'm not judging anything based on that.

And really what?
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:00 pm

Post by Skelda »

In post 520, MauriceMoss wrote:Are people really thinking the no kill was wolves not "getting it together"

Phok and skelda. Really?
No, I think it is because of a role, but we have no way of knowing which role so I'm not judging anything based on that.

And really what?
phokdapolees
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:30 pm

Post by phokdapolees »

Phok and skelda. Really?
Rach hadn't posted since January 4th, 6 days before the deadline, so I think it's entirely possible
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:12 pm

Post by MauriceMoss »

I am willing to vote phok although if he's town I will seriously question dessew and TC's townness. Although before dessew basically told you straight out that I was town you were still thinking I was scummy, TC.

VOTE: vote phok

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”