SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:03 pm

Post by SpyreX »

The reads on 50 was safer than hell. Not only did they act town, they had been in that huge back and forth with Morphed cat by now. In my experience, scum will avoid direct conflicts with Mollie and Nacho because it is tiresome as hell to argue with Mollie and Nacho generally catches scum from extended periods of arguing. To avoid conflicting with them too much was safe.
Formerfish is a much stranger choice. I quickly viewed into his iso to see what would give a so easy pass into the town pile (focusing more towards something of the calling each other town) and discovered that Former's last noticeable post was 400 posts beforehand. One prod dodge, and 574 his last major post on Dec 4th. Spyrex's calling of him town was five days later, Dec 9th. The distance is so long it shouldn't have been relevant to have any read. Add to it that Former's last substantial post before that was right around Thanksgiving and you have a major issue with limited content for an easy grouping read.

The rest, though, Spyrex just tries to drop. Generic, Garruk (wonder why.... Hmmm.... HMMM.....), and Notscience all had their status shaken by the great and powerful Spyrex. Even when he was trying to address Morphed through quoting/adjusting his reads, all I saw was an attempt to widen the lynch pool.
I mean, I'm pro and all but when the HMMM HMMM is about Garruk RB'ing me and this happened
before
then it kind of sheds light on how abysmally this really comes together.

Or me "widening the lynch pool" by reaffirming where I don't agree with their reads from what I had said beforehand.

Thats a lot of sweet numbers about formerfish though. Its almost like I reread them and made a solid decision.

In fact, everything you said there that wasn't requiring prescience is something I already said.

I really wonder how long it took you to find something to bolster your nonsense when its clear that OMG RB isn't going to get you that sweet sweet ezmode you want.

Sorry Jiff

ZOMGUS

Unvote, Vote: AJ
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:52 am

Post by Paschendale »

Spy... just no. Don't OMGUS. Vote someplace actually useful.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:10 pm

Post by Porkens »

Yeah, like on Paschendale :p
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by notscience »

This game should have looney tunes flavor, it's essentially what's going on
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:20 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Leviathan - The Idiot Sun (Submitted by pappums rat)

Song Contest 52: This track finished dead last. Black metal doesn't have much of a home in the song contest, it would seem.

Vote Count 3.3Spyrex (4) - Garruk Relentless, Generic, notscience, AJ the Epic
pieceofpecanpie (3) - Desperado, Empking, Formerfish
porkens (3) - Mastermind of Sin, mykonian, Paschendale
Mastermind of Sin (1) - Porkens
Formerfish (1) - pieceofpecanpie
DeasVail (1) - T-Bone
AJ the Epic (1) - SpyreX

Not Voting (3) - morph the cat, 50 Shades of Purple, DeasVail

The deadline for Day 3 is Thursday, January 30th 8:00 PM EST. With 17 people alive, it takes 9 to lynch. Deadline in (expired on 2014-01-30 20:00:00).

Desperado and 50 Shades of Purple have been prodded.

V/LAs:
Generic (1/19)
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:42 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Why are our three most prolific posters the only ones not voting anyone? That seems really odd right now...When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And the three people who have been the most active in this game aren't exercising that authority right now. Why?

(Note: Yes, I know there are people with more posts than DeasVail, but consider that he has ~120 votes in less than half the time that most people have been in this game.)
Permanent V/LA.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:04 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Dude, seriously what is with the Starship Troopers schtick?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:14 pm

Post by Empking »

SpyreX looks indifferent to being lynched which reads as town to me.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:40 pm

Post by SpyreX »

In post 2276, Paschendale wrote:Spy... just no. Don't OMGUS. Vote someplace actually useful.
God do I need a disclaimer with everything.

OMGUS is stupid to begin with, but I said it to pre-empt that fact:

AJ came out with the RB sthick and then when it was clear that wasn't going to work just pulled shit out of a hat and tried to ride that through.

Let me make this clear: he tried to paint me saying Garruk was scum
Day 1
as some kind of reflective attack after the roleblock nonsense.

Which, ON TOP OF BEING IMPOSSIBLE, doesn't even make sense because Garruk claiming that roleblock was the single most town thing he's done and why I've said since then he's town.

It wouldn't matter who in the game this was on. This isn't OMGUS.

Well, it is

OMG U SCUM BRO
Show

Proud member of BaM
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:27 pm

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

Bit of a catch up attempt.
In post 2184, Aj The Epic wrote:PoPP: Nothing I've seen from him has impressed me yet. The general lack of conviction through day 1 was pretty telling, and his posts were all showing insecurities where it seemed he wasn't that sure his own shadow might not be scum and try to stab him.
I really like this description, it describes my playstyle and biggest foible well. Although your shrewd observation essentially applies to
every one
of my games. Not sure how this, or not impressing you, equate to alignment and not just a stylistic observation.
In post 2184, Aj The Epic wrote:On the other side, I was basically going to say Majiffy was my favorite poster in game but he died. It was obvious, his predecessor was town and majiffy was playing too relaxed and too sarcastically for most scum... I say that because I'm not sure I've seen majiffy as scum.
He seems to have a consistent tone as scum as well (not arguing with the flip, just fyi).
In post 2190, SpyreX wrote:No shit I wasn't going to be killed.
No shit Garruk wasn't going to be killed.
I was thinking something similar, just with less conviction.
In post 2190, SpyreX wrote:Jiffy flipping watcher and his dance with 50 early is something. I've had a lot of good vibes crashed against the docks lately with 50 and that makes my paranoia paranoid. I don't think jiff would have played coy if he had something solid though.
Same again.
In post 2190, SpyreX wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Pecans

Also still want to make Des dead.
Mykonian replaced mastin who is town. Thats fine.
The pie slot is off to a banner start.
Shit vote. Could you also elaborate on the underlined please?

Quick commentary on some other votes: Porkens has been posturing around me for the whole game, so the vote in post 2193 comes as no surprise, but it's still extremely disappointing how weak and empty it feels. FF's post 2194 vote is utter garbage, seems this guy can do nothing but throw crap "reads" out and sheep at every opportunity. It's definitely been on my radar, so I'm surprised it hasn't come up on anyone elses.
In post 2201, T-Bone wrote:Also, this is just a general question. How come we struggled to get any wagon going yesterday, but Pecan is already half way there?
+1, and agree with mykonian's post 2209.
In post 2202, Aj The Epic wrote:This guy is scum. Which makes me wonder why he's so easily giving up on a potential scum buddy.
In regards to Porkens that's somewhat nonsensical given his conviction that I'm scum for most of the game. Also, why did you single him out and not FF, who has essentially done the same?
In post 2202, Aj The Epic wrote:Just pointing it out I think the scum team has already showed their hand and pushed hard of PoPP. A successful lynch of a scum player at this point probably outweighed the deadweight that PoPP was to their team. Spyrex is also on that wagon, surprise surprise. The player they're lynching is a good choice, the two scum on it are not.
Bold conspiracy theory you've got going there. I could counter with the, slightly paranoid, idea that you're setting yourself up with some nice justification to move your vote onto a couple of potential wagons with ease. Is there some link between myself, Porkens and Spyrex I'm not seeing? (If you answer with "you're all scum" I won't be impressed).
In post 2228, Porkens wrote:
In post 2227, Majiffy wrote:I know I'm out of hydra. Deal with it.

V/LA until Friday
I guess you haven't been "watching" the thread?
:lol: I needed a good laugh, thanks for that.

I'll end with a quick ramble on Garruk: In his position, blocking Spyrex Night 1, believing this to be the reason for the no-NK, thus making Spyrex scum and worth claiming to everyone makes the Night 2 choice of Majiffy confusing. Not in the sense of preventing another NK per se - since it's completely debatable whether scum-Spyrex would perform the kill again - but in the sense that he found a scummy target,
potentially a scummy PR target
, and instead completely switches tacts (as in, I don't see the Spyrex/Majiffy connection). Am I overthinking that a softclaimed Spyrex could easily be a PR in
either
alignment? Is that too big a leap? Is Garruk's inconsistency a symptom of their disconnection from the game? I mean I don't see a scum-Garruk trying a claim like that Day 2 and then not having an answer for Day 3, unless it's just an excuse to cover a blatant lie, but I would've thought the easier, and still viable, choice for a town-Garruk who's disconnected from the game would be to block Spyrex again.
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:39 pm

*checks to see who Empking replaced, ISOs Empking*

@Empking
Have you finished reading the thread now? Where are your reads at?

@Desperado
Bit of old hat you hadn't followed up on so I'll bite some more. Can you explain
"properly vetted"
and how it even comes close to being applicable within the context of your post 2146?

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:58 pm

Post by Porkens »

I'm more and more trusting of SpyreX fwiw
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:58 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 2180, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Yes, a kill went through, you have a keen eye.

So Garruk has no information to offer town by revealing who they blocked because of this? (That's a pretty stupid thing to suggest)

Your speculation about scum not choosing Spy again is either borderline stupid or a scum-slip.
Given your track record you get the benefit of the doubt, but igmeou. :igmeou:
So what did we learn about who he blocked? Nada.

And keep an eye on the comment I bolded.
In post 2284, pieceofpecanpie wrote:I'll end with a quick ramble on Garruk: In his position, blocking Spyrex Night 1, believing this to be the reason for the no-NK, thus making Spyrex scum and worth claiming to everyone makes the Night 2 choice of Majiffy confusing. Not in the sense of preventing another NK per se -
since it's completely debatable whether scum-Spyrex would perform the kill again
- but in the sense that he found a scummy target,
, and instead completely switches tacts (as in, I don't see the Spyrex/Majiffy connection). Am I overthinking that a softclaimed Spyrex could easily be a PR in
either
alignment? Is that too big a leap? Is Garruk's inconsistency a symptom of their disconnection from the game? I mean I don't see a scum-Garruk trying a claim like that Day 2 and then not having an answer for Day 3, unless it's just an excuse to cover a blatant lie, but I would've thought the easier, and still viable, choice for a town-Garruk who's disconnected from the game would be to block Spyrex again.
Reconcile the two bolded statements. You tell me that my theory that scum would choose a different person to make the nk is either stupid or a scum slip, and then you say that it is debatable that Spyrex would have made the kill again. This is one of the reasons that I would like you to hang, you sling mud at me as scum and then bathe in it yourself as town. You are talking out of both sides of your mouth right now and I want you to die.

But hell, it's not like this point will matter either, you will find some way to turn it back around and I will be scum for not seeing what you are saying when you are clearly town, cause you have that kinda cash to be throwing around.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:11 pm

Post by Empking »

Pecan: In a game this size, I can't really get reads on players (and as you'd expect the few players I get reads on are the ones where they're lynched). I get reads now that I'm playing. My reads are scum on Pork, town on MOS, town on Spy. So there aren't many of them.

Unvote
Vote: Pork
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:15 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Fiiish

I'm with you, but god damnit look at AJ
Show

Proud member of BaM
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:17 pm

@Formerfish
Turn it back around OR point out that your argument is invalid...
In post 2233, pieceofpecanpie wrote:
In post 2182, Formerfish wrote:How is it a stupid thing to suggest? The person GR blocked didn't make the kill, but that doesn't mean a thing. He could have blocked town or mafia alike and we would have no more information than we did before, other than who he targeted. If I am missing something obvious then let me know.
Spyrex's soft claim?
I mean if he believes Spyrex is scum then there's every chance to block an
ability
or a kill.
And since the italics wasn't enough for you in my #2284, here's some extra bold for you to keep an eye on.
In post 2284, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Not in the sense of preventing another NK per se - since it's completely debatable whether scum-Spyrex would perform the kill again - but in the sense that he found a scummy target,
, and instead completely switches tacts (as in, I don't see the Spyrex/Majiffy connection).
Your move.

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:24 pm

Post by Formerfish »

I fail to see how you address the fact that you call me either stupid or scummy to suggest that scum would not choose Spy to make the kill again, and then say that it is entirely debatable that they would choose someone else. How am I scummy for suggesting something that you yourself think is entirely possible?
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:28 pm

Oh and vis-a-vis the mudslinging point, I thought that was your angle, since it seems like you try really
really
hard to justify two sheep votes on me. I'm calling you out for sheeping and I find the discrepancy lies in your transparent attempts to cover the sheeping up with some shoddy case work. It's (ironically) like you're talking out of both sides of your mouth and I want you to die.

pedit: It's because you're only seeing one option, why are you so open and shut on that? The scumslip is because this implies that you have more knowledge than town should have. At least I'm considering possibilities, ones that are alternate to yours. Is that scummy?

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:33 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 2285, pieceofpecanpie wrote:@Desperado Bit of old hat you hadn't followed up on so I'll bite some more. Can you explain "properly vetted" and how it even comes close to being applicable within the context of your post 2146?
Nope.
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:35 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 2289, SpyreX wrote:Fiiish

I'm with you, but god damnit look at AJ
No, don't look at AJ. Stop getting distracted, dude.
;)
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:37 pm

Post by Formerfish »

So me voicing my opinion on what should logically happen means that I have insider knowledge? Why would they choose Spy again if he was blocked night 1? They
would have to be fucking retarded
to pick him to make the kill again. Like pants on head retarded.

And I disagree that I am mudslinging. I am taking stances on points that you make that seem off to me. The fact that you seem to find fault with an idea that I have, yet you post the same view a little while later is scummy as fuck to me since it seems disingenuous. I am not slinging mud at you, I am scum reading you and using your own words and posts against you to prove my point.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:38 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Desp

I believe in you

Unvote, Vote: Pie
Show

Proud member of BaM
Messiah Complex
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:41 pm

Post by Messiah Complex »

And Pecan, I just thought of this. Scum would want to know who was blocked so that they would know where GR was placing his suspicion, so it is quite possible that you were fishing for info when you were asking for his actions. The fact that you refused to engage me in your reasoning before he outed his action spoke volumes to my scum read on you.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:42 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 2297, Messiah Complex wrote:And Pecan, I just thought of this. Scum would want to know who was blocked so that they would know where GR was placing his suspicion, so it is quite possible that you were fishing for info when you were asking for his actions. The fact that you refused to engage me in your reasoning before he outed his action spoke volumes to my scum read on you.
Shit, my bad.
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:10 am

So someone who claimed town roleblocker should just stay silent from here on in until they are inevitably killed by scum, as opposed to giving all available information to town? Good one.

Also, as I previously stated, you butted in when I was addressing the question directly to Garruk. I couldn't give a fig that you're butthurt about not being seen to first, I didn't want any discussion about the roleblocking to affect a potential alignment read on Garruk's answer. (ie. he could've just adapted his answer to suit the nature of said discussion)
In post 2295, Formerfish wrote:So me voicing my opinion on what should logically happen means that I have insider knowledge? Why would they choose Spy again if he was blocked night 1? They
would have to be fucking retarded
to pick him to make the kill again. Like pants on head retarded.
Watching you dance around admitting that it's still a possibility, as is Spyrex having a PR, is delicious. I've never had the same closed-off view as you, I've taken your view into account with the other options available. It's great that you don't believe that's how it would've gone down for scum, but if you were town you wouldn't know that for sure.

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”