Acidic_TACO (2) - emeraldemon, Garmr
emeraldemon (2) - Bulbazak, Tebow
Aegor (2) - Brian Skies, Acidic_TACO
Brian Skies (2) - Aegor, Chevre
Garmr (1) - OhGodMyLife
Nobody Special (1) - WBOCampfire1104
Tebow (1) - The Goodfather
Maenara (1) - Sotty7

Not voting (7) - Albert B. Rampage, emogirl123, kabooooom, Maenara, Maestro, Nobody Special, Slandaar

With nineteen players alive, it takes ten votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is Tuesday, 4th February 20.00 GMT, (in (expired on 2014-02-04 20:00:00)).
Last edited by Huntress on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:15 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 98, Tebow wrote: The sample scum role PM also says 'You are a Mafia Goon' not 'You are a [TYPE] Mafia Goon.' It seems unlikely to me Huntress would deliberately reveal the exact size of the scumteam(s).
The sample PM didn't remove type but did remove an XXX to hide how many scum there are? I see!

Maybe the sample PM wording is exactly the same as the real PM's after-all that is the point of them. Mafia Goon could be coloured to indicate the team.
In post 98, Tebow wrote: In any case - why do you believe speculating on this at this specific point in the game is useful?
What do you mean at this point in the game?

It is something to talk about, to generate discussion, that is what the point of RVS is.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:17 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 101, Slandaar wrote:
In post 98, Tebow wrote: The sample scum role PM also says 'You are a Mafia Goon' not 'You are a [TYPE] Mafia Goon.' It seems unlikely to me Huntress would deliberately reveal the exact size of the scumteam(s).
The sample PM didn't remove type but did remove an XXX to hide how many scum there are? I see!

Maybe the sample PM wording is exactly the same as the real PM's after-all that is the point of them. Mafia Goon could be coloured to indicate the team.
In post 98, Tebow wrote: In any case - why do you believe speculating on this at this specific point in the game is useful?
What do you mean at this point in the game?

It is something to talk about, to generate discussion, that is what the point of RVS is.
We should wait till day 2 before we jump on the multiball wagon.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:23 am

Post by Chevre »

Huntress: Is there any way we could get clarification on this? As to what the definition of "mountainous" is, and does such a game type forbid multiple mafia teams?
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:26 am

Post by kabooooom »

Ok. I dont understand few terms, what is multiball? VI?
thats it for now.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:37 am

Post by Chevre »

Multiball means more than one anti-town faction. So the debate in this game is if there is only group of Mafia or two groups, which I think is the limit for normal games.

VI stands for Village Idiot, and as you can imagine that's a derogatory term you call someone when you feel they are playing rather stupidly.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:04 am

Post by Huntress »

In post 103, Chevre wrote:
Huntress: Is there any way we could get clarification on this? As to what the definition of "mountainous" is, and does such a game type forbid multiple mafia teams?
The wiki entry for "Mountainous" is the only definition I know. It simply refers to the lack of power roles.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:19 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I would say that 16:3 is far too out of balance to be approved as a Large Normal, so it's highly likely we're looking at 13:3:3.

That said, speculation on it is useless until Day Two.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:18 am

Post by emogirl123 »

lmao where did all my votes go. Slandaar vote me please.
In post 27, Garmr wrote:Better yet since your new do you know what a day-vig is. It's a townie that kills someone during the day phase.

daykill emogirl
In post 28, emogirl123 wrote:So the premise of your vote on me is that I am new to this game. How would you react if I'm not? Is your vote still for pressure or are you scum reading me for god knows what.
Should have been clear to you by this point that I was not going to fall for a day-vig? Seriously, who would fall for a day-vig these days, especially when most people signed up for this game for the purpose of signing up for a mountainous game.
In post 55, Garmr wrote:You probably guessed by now my daykill was faked. I saw the amount of games you did and thought I'd give it a shot to sort you out. I underestimated you because your newer and you didn't fall for it.
Of course I didn't fall for it, it should have been clear. You just spout out nonsense trying to look like you are validating new players even when it is clear that they are not new? I don't see what you were trying to accomplish other than act like you pro town without generating new content.

VOTE: Garmr.

Also Slandaar is probably town.
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:20 am

Post by emogirl123 »

Note that my activity will be a bit off since I am currently in two games. I never play multiple games at the same time. This will be my semi V/LA warning until my other game finishes as I am not as devoted to this game at the moment.
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:26 am

Post by emogirl123 »

Role spec is not my speciality, so leave me out of it please. If you wonder what I thought, I assumed there were 4 scum in one team. I'm half assing a town read on Slandaar because suggesting that this game could be multiball generates discussion, which is more than what half of you people are doing.
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:37 am

Post by emogirl123 »

In post 110, emogirl123 wrote:
I assumed there were 4 scum in one team.
In post 106, Huntress wrote:
The wiki entry for "Mountainous" is the only definition I know. It simply refers to the lack of power roles.
mountainous wiki wrote:11:2 Mountainous has an expected win rate of 36.2%, which is better, but not nearly what public expectation was.
I assumed there were 4 scum because I never played any other Large Normal before, but I recall there being 4 scum in a Large Normal for some reason. Now looking at the 36.2% win rate for town based on pure statistics for 13 players, it isn't too much of a stretch to have 16:3 if you look at the ratio.

This is my role spec.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:40 am

Post by Nobody Special »

No, that's set-up spec. Role spec is when you speculate about individual roles.
....what?

emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:41 am

Post by emogirl123 »

Right. Set-up spec. I don't think it is too much of a stretch to scale 11:2 to 16:3. Also the first post of the game suggested that there are 3 scum anyways.
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:02 am

Post by emogirl123 »

In post 107, Nobody Special wrote:I would say that 16:3 is far too out of balance to be approved as a Large Normal, so it's highly likely we're looking at 13:3:3.
We are just scaling up 5:1 with an approximate 36.2% win rate for town. I forgot how to calculate statistics, but I don't think scaling up a ratio increases the probability of town to win. Correct me if I'm wrong. Statistically it is 36% for town to win with a swing based on the ability of players. Why would it be highly likely that it is 13:3:3 when originally town is already at 36% win rate.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:04 am

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 107, Nobody Special wrote:That said, speculation on it is useless until Day Two.
....what?

emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:07 am

Post by emogirl123 »

I'm just wondering why you were suggesting that 16:3 is out of balance because after looking at the wiki, I disagree.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:15 am

Post by Aegor »

What is the point of speculation? If we care that much, NL today and see how many people die. Otherwise, let us just proceed seeking out scummy people.

VOTE: Garmr
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:17 am

Post by emogirl123 »

Speculation isn't important, but the stance people take on it and their motivations for doing so are.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:34 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 117, Aegor wrote:What is the point of speculation? If we care that much, NL today and see how many people die. Otherwise, let us just proceed seeking out scummy people.
This.

Hey there friend-o.
VOTE: Maenara
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:50 am

Post by emeraldemon »

In post 87, Sotty7 wrote: You're new but you know what multiball is?
I know how to search a wiki :)
In post 94, Garmr wrote: So do you think bulba's town or scum for that vote.
If I had to pick one I'd say town, but it's probably just null.
In post 106, Huntress wrote:
In post 103, Chevre wrote:
In post 107, Nobody Special wrote:I would say that 16:3 is far too out of balance to be approved as a Large Normal, so it's highly likely we're looking at 13:3:3.

That said, speculation on it is useless until Day Two.
If huntress had said "this setup cannot have multiball" that would have been very useful, so I think it was worth it to ask. As is, her response tells me that we can't rule it out, which is all I wanted to know.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:15 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I'll try to catch up on this soon.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:40 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 120, emeraldemon wrote:we can't rule it out
This is all any good Mod would've said, regardless of actual game setup, so I'm not sure what the point of this whole conversation was.
Obviously we have NO way of even discussing multiball without a flip + interactions or a multikill, so let's stop, k?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:41 am

Post by Maestro »

ABP don't leave me hangin' I was looking forward to playing with you
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:00 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 108, emogirl123 wrote:lmao where did all my votes go. Slandaar vote me please.
In post 27, Garmr wrote:Better yet since your new do you know what a day-vig is. It's a townie that kills someone during the day phase.

daykill emogirl
In post 28, emogirl123 wrote:So the premise of your vote on me is that I am new to this game. How would you react if I'm not? Is your vote still for pressure or are you scum reading me for god knows what.
Should have been clear to you by this point that I was not going to fall for a day-vig? Seriously, who would fall for a day-vig these days, especially when most people signed up for this game for the purpose of signing up for a mountainous game.
Didn't sign up for a mountingness game signed up for any random game only and got nabbed for this game when you said all your partners are vanilla.
In post 108, emogirl123 wrote:
In post 55, Garmr wrote:You probably guessed by now my daykill was faked. I saw the amount of games you did and thought I'd give it a shot to sort you out. I underestimated you because your newer and you didn't fall for it.
Of course I didn't fall for it, it should have been clear. You just spout out nonsense trying to look like you are validating new players even when it is clear that they are not new? I don't see what you were trying to accomplish other than act like you pro town without generating new content.
I have pushed players thoughts and have got motives through my way of generating content is different from your come vote for me style.
In post 117, Aegor wrote:What is the point of speculation? If we care that much, NL today and see how many people die. Otherwise, let us just proceed seeking out scummy people.

VOTE: Garmr
This a scummy post as a no lynch is a bad idea and you never point out reasoning why I you think I am scummy. This is opportunistic,omgussy and a nonsensical this where people should vote.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”