cheesetovey
cheesetovey
Goon
cheesetovey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:31 am

Post by cheesetovey »

In post 74, Hopkirk wrote:Joking=fun in that neither = a reaction test= what it should be/looked like.

Karlos was opportunistic i feel.

B/w?

Now three things.
1.) Doing a reaction test then voting someone else despite getting a scumread from the reaction test defeats the point of the reaction test making you look bad.
2.) "I vote for who I think needs prodding" is a really stupid thing to do. Only vote for those who should be lynched.
3.) A policy lynch is a bad reason to vote someone- lurkingetc doesn't make someone town or scum and you want to be lynching scum- thus supporting the worst kind of lynch (naturally this makes you look bad) when on L-1 could get you lynched.

"Oh, and for future reference, players can vote for themselves, right?": Why would you vote yourself as town.

@Bipolar: Then why is he only lynched day one as scum rather than being lynched day one as either alignment? The way you said it sounds like you were subtly trying to make people think if they were voting him they should stay there.
@hopkirk: So, what is your read on pharphis after saying how he is making himself look bad and all that
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:33 am

Post by Hopkirk »

The gambit he made seemed pretty town.
The wagon grew a bit quick for a wagon on scum- thus suggesting he's town.
His play after the gambit however is pretty scummy.
I need to see more of his responses before i decide for sure what he is.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:43 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

We usually play on a forum where it's a 48 Hour day phase. Quite often we have our D1 lynch as someone who was loud or slipped in some way. The amount of times Pharphis was lynched D1 as scum is just hilariously high and I think it might just be luck.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:44 am

Post by Hopkirk »

So why would he be lynched more d1 as scum than as town?
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:49 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

I don't know he just has been. But that was not my point and you know that. My point was that his gambit tells me nothing about his alignment because he always does stuff like this.
cheesetovey
cheesetovey
Goon
cheesetovey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:54 am

Post by cheesetovey »

So why is your vote still on him?

And I think Karlos is leaning scum, he hasn't said much and he automatically jumped on the vote wagon which was forming, in fact I think he was the 4th vote.
cheesetovey
cheesetovey
Goon
cheesetovey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:54 am

Post by cheesetovey »

When i say him I mean pharphis
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:57 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I am saying that if he's lynched d1 most of the time then just saying he's lynched d1 appears to be an attempt to make people feel justified in voting him- do you understand what i mean?

"tells me nothing about his alignment": Fair enough i suppose. Usually a risky gambit like that that helps the town would be a town play but him asking "can we self vote" could mean he's suicidal rather than being pro-town.

@Cheese: Why are you asking people why they are still voting the person you are voting in the same post you acknowledge the wagon is probably scum motivated? If karlos is scum then pharp probably isn't so why voting pharp over karlos?
Pharphis
Pharphis
Townie
Pharphis
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:03 am

Post by Pharphis »

In post 74, Hopkirk wrote:Joking=fun in that neither = a reaction test= what it should be/looked like.

Karlos was opportunistic i feel.

B/w?

Now three things.
1.) Doing a reaction test then voting someone else despite getting a scumread from the reaction test defeats the point of the reaction test making you look bad.
2.) "I vote for who I think needs prodding" is a really stupid thing to do. Only vote for those who should be lynched.
3.) A policy lynch is a bad reason to vote someone- lurkingetc doesn't make someone town or scum and you want to be lynching scum- thus supporting the worst kind of lynch (naturally this makes you look bad) when on L-1 could get you lynched.

"Oh, and for future reference, players can vote for themselves, right?": Why would you vote yourself as town.

@Bipolar: Then why is he only lynched day one as scum rather than being lynched day one as either alignment? The way you said it sounds like you were subtly trying to make people think if they were voting him they should stay there.
I don't plan to vote myself in a simple game like this. I was curious for other games I plan to play in the future that would have VIs, or other weird roles.
b/w = between
I can have fun and scumhunt simultaneously. That's what I was saying I was doing. It was both fun and a reaction test.

1) voting for someone I didn't directly get a reaction from does not defeat the point of the test. The rest of you got reads, didn't you?
2/3) ok I see your point at L-1, but I'm voting kenny to prod and get more reads from players. I'm not saying kenny should be lynched RIGHT NOW. However I believe all players should contribute before anyone is lynched, hence the prod. I also don't know if the lurking is natural for the player or because they purposely avoided the topic at hand, which is another potential tell.
cheesetovey
cheesetovey
Goon
cheesetovey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:05 am

Post by cheesetovey »

I was asking because Bipolar says he doesn't know pharphis's alignment but he is still still voting for him. I would not vote for someone I didn't think was either scum or town.
Also I think Karlos is acting suspicious and I would like to see more to confirm his role as mafia Until then I don't think I'll vote for Karlos. Unless I do it for a reaction to get him talking :wink:
Pharphis
Pharphis
Townie
Pharphis
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:06 am

Post by Pharphis »

In post 80, cheesetovey wrote:So why is your vote still on him?

And I think Karlos is leaning scum, he hasn't said much and he automatically jumped on the vote wagon which was forming, in fact I think he was the 4th vote.
Good question.

Are you hoping I am locked, BPC? Why or why not?

you said my actions typically don't make my alignment obvious to you on the games we've played together because I'm always loud yada yada (true), and that I'm usually scum so this leads to high scum D1 lynch rate ( :( ).

What is your read on me THIS game? Do you think my actions since have been scummy or town?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:08 am

Post by Hopkirk »

@Para: If you have scum reads you vote them before voting lurkers- do you disagree here because a vote on kk suggests you do.
Yeah why vote lurker when you have actual scumreads?

@Chesse: As town your vote is your best weapon so should be used to pressure people (into talking), people you think are scum that it.
Pharphis
Pharphis
Townie
Pharphis
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:10 am

Post by Pharphis »

In post 86, Hopkirk wrote:@Para: If you have scum reads you vote them before voting lurkers- do you disagree here because a vote on kk suggests you do.
Yeah why vote lurker when you have actual scumreads?

@Chesse: As town your vote is your best weapon so should be used to pressure people (into talking), people you think are scum that it.
I don't disagree, but I'm also not confident enough in my reads and want more discussion to take place.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:12 am

Post by Hopkirk »

The point of voting a scumread is to put pressure on them to help you become more/less confident in the reads. Vote for people you think are scummy or they can just ignore you.
cheesetovey
cheesetovey
Goon
cheesetovey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:13 am

Post by cheesetovey »

I agree, we need more talk but my vote may stay on pharphis for a bit
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:14 am

Post by Hopkirk »

What is the point for your vote being there atm?
Pharphis
Pharphis
Townie
Pharphis
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:16 am

Post by Pharphis »

In post 88, Hopkirk wrote:The point of voting a scumread is to put pressure on them to help you become more/less confident in the reads. Vote for people you think are scummy or they can just ignore you.
I again don't disagree with this but there is someone I have no read on (no posts) so I'm sticking to that for now.
sometimes it helps more to get a more complete read on everyone (read on more players) than it does to try to solidify a read on a single player or small subset of players. It's not always better, but atm I feel it is.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:17 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

My vote is still on Pharphis, because I'm interested in seeing how people act at L-1. I don't know why I would think you're locked for a lynch, as I only count 4 votes on you.

My read on Pharphis right now is cautiously leaning town.
cheesetovey
cheesetovey
Goon
cheesetovey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:18 am

Post by cheesetovey »

yah'know all three off us could vote for certain people to get some reads.
but I don't know if that's a good idea
Pharphis
Pharphis
Townie
Pharphis
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:20 am

Post by Pharphis »

I mean are you hoping that I WILL be locked?
pedit: @cheese, you have to elaborate a bit
cheesetovey
cheesetovey
Goon
cheesetovey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:22 am

Post by cheesetovey »

uh okay, me pharphis hopkirk and Bipolar could all vote for some people who haven't been doing much so that we could possibly get a read.
Pharphis
Pharphis
Townie
Pharphis
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:27 am

Post by Pharphis »

In post 95, cheesetovey wrote:uh okay, me pharphis hopkirk and Bipolar could all vote for some people who haven't been doing much so that we could possibly get a read.
I'm not voting for me, but that's also not exactly what I was asking.
I mean what makes this hypothetical scenario a good/bad one?

Whether BPC is town or not I think his reasoning for keeping at L-1 for awhile is a good one for D1.
cheesetovey
cheesetovey
Goon
cheesetovey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:31 am

Post by cheesetovey »

In post 92, BipolarChemist wrote:My vote is still on Pharphis, because I'm interested in seeing how people act at L-1. I don't know why I would think you're locked for a lynch, as I only count 4 votes on you.

My read on Pharphis right now is cautiously leaning town.
His reasoning now is weird, If you are town I'd rather not lynch you to see the reaction, or because you always get lynched day 1
I'm getting all confused now,

UNVOTE: Pharphis
Pharphis
Pharphis
Townie
Pharphis
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:37 am

Post by Pharphis »

In post 96, Pharphis wrote:
In post 95, cheesetovey wrote:uh okay, me pharphis hopkirk and Bipolar could all vote for some people who haven't been doing much so that we could possibly get a read.
I'm not voting for me, but that's also not exactly what I was asking.
I mean what makes this hypothetical scenario a good/bad one?

Whether BPC is town or not I think his reasoning for keeping at L-1 for awhile is a good one for D1.
to expand om this a bit.

BPC and I are very accustomed to playing with the same pool of ~30 players so his need to get a more broad read on everyone I can understand, and lines up with my own reasoning.

What is confusing you cheese?
I normally interpret random statements of confusion as a way to remove a vote without seeming scummy
cheesetovey
cheesetovey
Goon
cheesetovey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:43 am

Post by cheesetovey »

His reason for voting you and you saying it's fine. I didn't want someone to hammer you especially if bpc was thinking you just might be town

I'm just not sure who to vote for now

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”