Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:09 am

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 1.10

Chevre (8) - OhGodMyLife, Garmr, emogirl123, Maestro, Sotty7, Aegor, Nobody Special, Albert B. Rampage
emogirl123 (4) - Bulbazak, Brian Skies, Maenara, kabooooom
Garmr (2) - emeraldemon, The Goodfather
Nobody Special (1) - yessiree
The Goodfather (1) - Slandaar

Not voting (3) - Acidic_TACO, Chevre, Tebow

With nineteen players alive, it takes ten votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is Tuesday, 4th February 20.00 GMT, (in (expired on 2014-02-04 20:00:00)).

Note:

The Goodfather, kabooooom and Maestro have been prodded. Maenara has failed to pick up her prod so I'm looking for a replacement.
Last edited by Huntress on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:10 am

Post by yessiree »

In post 498, OhGodMyLife wrote:What exactly constitutes a "good" reason to put someone at L-1 then? And with so little content from Chevre in the first place I wouldn't be surprised if anyone found it difficult to come up with something novel and new about him. That ground has already been covered. Asking for how he's scummy "in your own words" is a trap. Basically there is no good answer to Bulba's query, it seems plain to me that he'll now have a scumread on ABR based on whatever answer he could come up, or his lack of an answer.
I'd call ABR's presence in this game so far as lazy, for jumping on the largest wagons and not much of anything else. This intrinsic fact, that is, without applying his meta or whatever, should suffice for a scumread, and should be target for scrutiny.

Now that this is established, with regard to Chevre, sure, his stance towards emogirl looks awfully scummy at first glance. But after I went back to reread #323, #387, and #428, I can follow the logic, and he just looks more and more town to me.

When you combine these two elements, a scumread putting a townread at L-1, I'd be inclined to turn the heat on too.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:12 am

Post by The Goodfather »

@yessiree, I find your analysis to be really strange, Are you a programmer or something? cause that formatting looks like you are trying to write in C or something.

if (head is stuck in ass)
{
remove head from ass and speak in english
}

:lol:
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:34 am

Post by Maestro »

Prod received. Will catch up, etc. was getting re-addicted to Modded Minecraft. (sig relevant)
In post 500, Huntress wrote:Maenara has failed to pick up her prod so I'm looking for a replacement.
:igmeou:
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:31 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Chevre is a good day 1 lynch. You can't just run up everybody to L-3 and then freak out when someone places that player in danger of a lynch, then choose to disintegrate that wagon and bandwagon the new player. This is mountainous, we're not going to get a game-changing claim. Instead of getting caught in a circular suspicion loop, I say we lynch Chevre.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:42 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 498, OhGodMyLife wrote:What exactly constitutes a "good" reason to put someone at L-1 then? And with so little content from Chevre in the first place I wouldn't be surprised if anyone found it difficult to come up with something novel and new about him. That ground has already been covered. Asking for how he's scummy "in your own words" is a trap. Basically there is no good answer to Bulba's query, it seems plain to me that he'll now have a scumread on ABR based on whatever answer he could come up, or his lack of an answer.
ABR has been a nonentity for most of the game. He is putting the Chevre wagon at L-1 with absolutely zero reasoning, other than "let's just lynch somebody", and it just feels like he is willing to sheep whoever as long as he doesn't have to add his own thought process or scumhunt whatsoever. It's an easy, lazy vote. If he really thinks Chevre is scummy, which he has given no indication, than I want to know why, especially if he is putting her this close to death.
In post 504, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Chevre is a good day 1 lynch. You can't just run up everybody to L-3 and then freak out when someone places that player in danger of a lynch, then choose to disintegrate that wagon and bandwagon the new player. This is mountainous, we're not going to get a game-changing claim. Instead of getting caught in a circular suspicion loop, I say we lynch Chevre.
Yes, but why is she scummy?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:49 am

First of all, Chevre is a guy. Second, I have a slow start, especially in large games. It takes me time to get invested into the game and then I'll start thinking about players, reading their posts and writing lists to make associations. I think Chevre's posts were written in a scummy way. You look at his posts and it looks like he's hiding something in a mountainous game. That's why my vote is on him.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:00 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

ABR if Chevre flips town who will be your top suspect?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:08 am

Looking at the wagon, if Chevre flips town, I'd say that NS is the scum.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:23 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

How about off the wagon?
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:36 am

Post by Chevre »

Before I am lynched, what do players want from me other than an attempt at reads? I'll work on that later tonight.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Tebow
Tebow
Goon
Tebow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by Tebow »

In post 504, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Chevre is a good day 1 lynch. You can't just run up everybody to L-3 and then freak out when someone places that player in danger of a lynch, then choose to disintegrate that wagon and bandwagon the new player. This is mountainous, we're not going to get a game-changing claim. Instead of getting caught in a circular suspicion loop, I say we lynch Chevre.
This is a town post.
In post 501, yessiree wrote:
Now that this is established, with regard to Chevre, sure, his stance towards emogirl looks awfully scummy at first glance. But after I went back to reread #323, #387, and #428, I can follow the logic, and he just looks more and more town to me.

When you combine these two elements, a scumread putting a townread at L-1, I'd be inclined to turn the heat on too.
No, you don't get to do this. If you're reading Chevre as town, defend him, don't just say 'I can see why someone else might find Chevre townish and ABR scummy.' What is the logic of these three posts that you can follow? If you're 'inclined' to turn up the heat, why aren't you actually doing it? Bulbazak for all his copious flaws at least has some frickin balls.
In post 490, yessiree wrote:ABR, Maenara, emogirl, in order of decreasing confidence
Was this a suspect list/
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:19 pm

Post by yessiree »

I already called out everything scummy about ABR, which part don't you understand?

I'll make a post about 3 posts I listed from Chevre when I'm no longer freezing balls

fuck Canadian winter with a gay raccoon
Tebow
Tebow
Goon
Tebow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:46 pm

Post by Tebow »

In post 512, yessiree wrote:I already called out everything scummy about ABR, which part don't you understand?

I'll make a post about 3 posts I listed from Chevre when I'm no longer freezing balls

fuck Canadian winter with a gay raccoon
The part where you're not voting him? The part where you're not trying to convince anyone else? You read like a guy who is happy to let the Chevre lynch go through so that you can blame ABR for it tomorrow, provided that you can say that you were opposed all along. Not to mention that 501 sounds more like a defense of bulba's attack on Rampage than one of your own, since you were responding to a question asked of him. Note how Bulbazak is actively pushing ABR and asking follow up questions. You're like "Oh, I've said what I think, why should I have to actually act on it?" The only post where you 'called out everything scummy about ABR' is 501 itself. If you want to talk about your big spoilered post, note that that post comes across as specifically designed to be as inaccessible as possible.

At best, you sound like a fan of the book 'Ten habits of highly ineffectual townies.'
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:55 pm

Post by yessiree »

323, 387, 428

In #323, Chevre's jump on the emogirl wagon is not unfounded. In fact, his reasonings in doing so are well-though out and easy to follow. Therefore, him placing the L-1 vote is not scummy.

Calling out emogirl for "defending Garmr, calling Garmr a townread while noting his posts were 'flaily'". Calling out emogirl for doing the same to Meanara.

I agree with the logic of Linking Bulbazak and Garmr to emogirl.

I agree with the logic of info from an emogirl flip will help "define the relationships for many people to [emogirl] with confirmed alignment"

I agree with the logic that with emogirl being dead the attention will be "[focused] on those who aren't really contributing".

In #387, Chevre's unvote on emogirl is not unfounded either. I have felt the same about the matter he mentioned.

I agree with the logic that scum would not have done what emogirl had done. And that is, "when someone has tried to start a counterwagon to that of her own, she has gone against it. First with Maenara and now kabooooom. [He doesn't] see scum doing that".

However, this does not mean I'm dropping my scumread on emogirl yet. I believe she owes me some answers before I make a judgement call. I have stated my inquiries in my catch-up spoiler post.

In the first paragraph of #428, (at this point he is at L-4 with a sudden momentum shift towards the build-up of his wagon), he clarifies his unvote on the emogirl wagon, which was backed up in his #387.

In the second paragraph, he lies down the potential that both emogirl and his lynch will bring about. There is no scum motivation to be found here, only genuine towniness.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:01 pm

Post by yessiree »

HOLY SHIT, GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK BECAUSE I'VE JUST REPLACED IN FUCKING 3 DAYS AGO?

MY LONG ASS CATCH UP POST IS INTENTIONALLY SPOILERED SO IT DOESN'T BECOME A FUCKING HUGE WALL OF TEXT THAT MAKES YOU GO "UGHH I'M NOT READING THAT SHIT"

IT'S FUCKING DESIGNED TO BE STRUCTURED AROUND EACH AND EVERY PLAYER IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME AND PRESENTED IN A NICE FORMAT SO YOU CAN VIEW MY THOUGHT ON THE PLAYERS YOU CARE ABOUT IN A CONVENIENT MANNER.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:03 pm

Post by yessiree »

AND IT'S NOT MY FUCKING FAULT ABR JUST FUCKING CHOSE TO IGNORE ME BECAUSE HE'S BEING A LAZY FUCK

AND NOW YOU FUCKING BLAME ME?

VOTE: ABR

HAPPY NOW?
Tebow
Tebow
Goon
Tebow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:07 pm

Post by Tebow »

BTW, I think it's noticeable that pretty much no-one made a stand for the emogirl wagon once the Chevre one started growing.

Going off now, will be back online tomorrow - and will respond to yessiree then.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:17 pm

Post by yessiree »

I haven't yelled at anyone in a long time

feels good
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:33 pm

Post by yessiree »

I'll apologize now if I happened to come across as being unreasonable just now, Tebow

I'll admit my play so far has been shit. I've only just caught up, give me some time to collect my thoughts
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 519, yessiree wrote:I'll apologize now if I happened to come across as being unreasonable just now, Tebow

I'll admit my play so far has been shit. I've only just caught up, give me some time to collect my thoughts
:eek: the two all caps-lock posts did seem a tad aggressive :P
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 470, emeraldemon wrote:First thought, does Maestro actually have wagon summoning powers? It's worked twice so far, on emogirl and chevre. Is he being townread or does every just agree with his reads? Is there some meta / group history that I wouldn't know about?
How has it worked twice? He was a big push behind the start of the emo but he was the 4th vote on a momentum wagon of Cherve. What do you think about him being on both wagons? As for your point on Brain Skies, I could see him as scum. His catch up posts aren't really bringing anything to the table and he might as well just jump in the deep in rather than spend forever on out of date catch posts to make it look like he is doing some work. He seems to be asking a lot of empty questions rather than scum hunting.
In post 493, OhGodMyLife wrote:
In post 491, Tebow wrote:The problem with the Chevre vote is that it implies that jumping on emogirl without really adding anything new due to a self-proclaimed difficulty with getting going is scummy enough to vote for, whilst also, y'know, doing the same thing.
Not really. Chevre isn't scummy for jumping on emo without adding anything new. Chevre is scummy for jumping on emo while at the same time equivocating about not having a good read on emo but still insisting its a good vote (or some other BS idk I'm at work and not going back to read right now), then bailing on the vote pretty much the moment the heat got turned up on it.
AKA the flip for information BS that enables a quick backing away the next day if needed. The way he abandoned the vote makes it even worse. His hand was caught in the cookie jar pretty much.
In post 501, yessiree wrote:I'd call ABR's presence in this game so far as lazy, for jumping on the largest wagons and not much of anything else. This intrinsic fact, that is, without applying his meta or whatever, should suffice for a scumread, and should be target for scrutiny.
I agree he has been lazy, but you could put that label on a lot of the players here. Sladnaar, Kabooooom, Taco, Goodfather to name just a couple off the top of my head. What do you think of NS switch between the two wagons for example?
This is a pretty excellent point about running people up in this game.

Both Tebow and yes can go in my town group. I liked their little back and forth here.
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:31 pm

Post by kabooooom »

Prod received.
emogirl123
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
emogirl123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:24 pm

Post by emogirl123 »

just woke up, catching up
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:38 pm

Post by Aegor »

Looking into Bulba. Will post tomorrow.

Does anyone other than yessiree vehemently oppose the Chevre lynch? If so, who are your top-choice candidates for death today?
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”